CBS Trashes O-Care/Obama's Toxicity To Democrats

Posted in the Grand Rapids Forum

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of127
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Feb 13, 2014
 
Mark Luxford wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I have to take you by the hand and lead you. Go to Google and then enter the search terms "cbo +obamacare +jobs lost" and the page will be among the results. You're welcome...
LOL .. so we're back to playing what is "what" word parce games. AND, because your link worked about as well as Obamacare.gov I had to find it myself.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemp...
We wrote in the report:“CBO estimates that the ACA will reduce the total number of hours worked, on net, by about 1.5 percent to 2.0 percent during the period from 2017 to 2024.”

The reason for the reduction in the supply of labor is that the provisions of the ACA reduce the incentive to work for certain subsets of the population.

Hang on everyone!!!! Obamacare won't cost 2 plus million jobs after all!! It will just "reduce the total number of hours worked by reducing the incentive to work".

Ohhh, well hell ... all is well then. You worded it in such a way that those 2 million plus jobs that will be lost thanks to Obamacare sounds great!!
pipedream

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
Feb 13, 2014
 
Mark Luxford wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I have to take you by the hand and lead you. Go to Google and then enter the search terms "cbo +obamacare +jobs lost" and the page will be among the results. You're welcome...
Good that you explained how to find it by Google search. Nutso could not have found it any other way. You're right - DENIAL with Super Stupid thrown in.

BTW "interpretation" is too kind of word to describe the right's fanatical spin machine concerning this matter.. They were LIES, DELIBERATE DECEPTION.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Chelsea, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Feb 13, 2014
 
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
Good that you explained how to find it by Google search. Nutso could not have found it any other way. You're right - DENIAL with Super Stupid thrown in.
BTW "interpretation" is too kind of word to describe the right's fanatical spin machine concerning this matter.. They were LIES, DELIBERATE DECEPTION.
This from the potty mouth fanatic poo thrower......... You really are an extremist wacko...... At least Mark can form a sentence with intelligent thought.......
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43
Feb 13, 2014
 
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
They were LIES, DELIBERATE DECEPTION.
"We've seen rage and violence directed at American embassies over an awful internet video that we had nothing to do with...", Hillary Clinton.

"If you like your plan, you can keep your plan...", President Obama.

THOSE are lies and deliberate deception.
Dr X

Byron Center, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#44
Feb 13, 2014
 
Off topic but here it goes:

Google "no hesitation targets" and see what they are. Makes you wonder.

Now wait for it.....wait for it.
Tinfoil hat and bunker comments by the progressive left soon to follow.
Really

Wyoming, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45
Feb 13, 2014
 
Mark Luxford wrote:
<quoted text>
You're very welcome, pipedream. I guess they're residents of the state of denial.
Too bad the "page is not found". You and pippy gonna be bff???? I certainly hope you don't "acquire' his penchant for profanity. Of course, maybe you already have it and are hiding it.
Really

Wyoming, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46
Feb 13, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
Good that you explained how to find it by Google search. Nutso could not have found it any other way. You're right - DENIAL with Super Stupid thrown in.
BTW "interpretation" is too kind of word to describe the right's fanatical spin machine concerning this matter.. They were LIES, DELIBERATE DECEPTION.
And you had to have Mark lead you by the nose ring to the "denial" that actually is an interpretation of their previous statement. Guess your denial and super stupid is gonna bit you in the behind AGAIN, eh pippy???

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47
Feb 14, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL .. so we're back to playing what is "what" word parce games. AND, because your link worked about as well as Obamacare.gov I had to find it myself.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemp...
We wrote in the report:“CBO estimates that the ACA will reduce the total number of hours worked, on net, by about 1.5 percent to 2.0 percent during the period from 2017 to 2024.”
The reason for the reduction in the supply of labor is that the provisions of the ACA reduce the incentive to work for certain subsets of the population.
Hang on everyone!!!! Obamacare won't cost 2 plus million jobs after all!! It will just "reduce the total number of hours worked by reducing the incentive to work".
Ohhh, well hell ... all is well then. You worded it in such a way that those 2 million plus jobs that will be lost thanks to Obamacare sounds great!!
He could not have posted a more damning article to support his argument.
Quote: "To be clear, total employment and hours worked will increase over the coming decade, but by less than they would have in the absence of the ACA. In the next few years, as we wrote in the report, the ACA “also will affect employers’ demand for workers,… both by increasing labor costs through the employer penalty (which will reduce labor demand) and by boosting overall demand for goods and services (which will increase labor demand).”

And then this revelation... " To be sure, the health insurance system in place prior to the ACA generated its own distortions to people’s work decisions, but many of the decisions to work less under the ACA will be made possible by government-funded subsidies, the burden of which will be borne largely by other people."

Gee, I wonder who those "other people" will be??
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48
Feb 14, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Agreed - although I get what Mark is saying, it's just another play on words In the end what was pitched to the American was a law that would allow everyone to afford health insurance (which it clearly doesn't), allow you to keep your plan if you liked it (which is CLEARLY doesn't), create a deficit and create jobs (seems not to be the case either - certainly not in the public's opinion thus far).

Anything can be spun, which has been my point all along aside from smacking a troll around with his own ignorance. The CBO is not there to refute anyone's interpretation of their findings. They offer a non-partisan report. The media and the political parties take it from there. Hopefully the American voters read it and form their own opinion. The right successfully took that report and "haymakered" Obamacare. Arguing over the meaning of each individual word of the report at this point is just word-parcing for political addicts to partake in.

Without question, and much to the left's consternation, the CBO's report was a blow to Obamacare, Obama personally, and the certainly to the democrats who are up for election. You can argue the wording, but the narrative is set: Obamacare is a malfunctioning, ill-devised, costly, job killing government fiasco. The CBO is widely recognized as damning evidence.

Proof of this isn't going to be the stupid partisan name-calling on this site, but the fact that democrats running for reelection are also running FAR AWAY from Obama and his namesake, job-killing lie of a law. Even Claire McCaskill (sp?) was reported saying "I probably wouldn't take him with me to a campaign function" - she's been one of his biggest supporters and she's not even up for reelection!

Get mad and try to spin this all you want, but Obamacare lost this one.
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50
Feb 14, 2014
 
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Too bad the "page is not found". You and pippy gonna be bff???? I certainly hope you don't "acquire' his penchant for profanity. Of course, maybe you already have it and are hiding it.
Actually, I've found Mark Luxford to be an informative debater. Don't agree with his politics most of the time, but at least he can back it up with facts and without telling someone to go kill themselves or STFU! I suspect that's why pip had to call in Luxford, his ACORN Volunteer and local Topix Sabotage Task Force manager, for damage control. lol ... jk

JMO, but give him a chance if you're interested in a decent above gutter-level debate.
Mark Luxford

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51
Feb 14, 2014
 
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL .. so we're back to playing what is "what" word parce games. AND, because your link worked about as well as Obamacare.gov I had to find it myself.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemp...
We wrote in the report:“CBO estimates that the ACA will reduce the total number of hours worked, on net, by about 1.5 percent to 2.0 percent during the period from 2017 to 2024.”
The reason for the reduction in the supply of labor is that the provisions of the ACA reduce the incentive to work for certain subsets of the population.
Hang on everyone!!!! Obamacare won't cost 2 plus million jobs after all!! It will just "reduce the total number of hours worked by reducing the incentive to work".
Ohhh, well hell ... all is well then. You worded it in such a way that those 2 million plus jobs that will be lost thanks to Obamacare sounds great!!
I'm glad you found the article. Did you miss this?

"The decline in full-time-equivalent employment stemming from the ACA will consist of some people not being employed at all and other people working fewer hours; however, CBO has not tried to quantify those two components of the overall effect."

In other words, the CBO has not tried to determine which of those two components would be responsible for the majority of the employment hours lost. So, it is a distortion of their report to say that they project 2.5-million jobs will be lost due to the ACA. I also encourage you to read the second question. Here's how their answer begins:

"A. No, we are not certain our current estimates are accurate because our estimates are always uncertain."

They went on to point out that there are factors on the horizon that could affect the accuracy of their estimates, such as the number of enrollees who are entitled to subsidies. So, if you guys want to point to that report and say that it's proof that Obamacare is failing, you're pointing to a report that the CBO itself can't say it's certain about.
pipedream

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52
Feb 14, 2014
 
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I've found Mark Luxford to be an informative debater.
You on the other hand are a proven LIAR and distorter, just like the right-wing fanatical media.

Parse that stupid.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Chelsea, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#53
Feb 14, 2014
 
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
You on the other hand are a proven LIAR and distorter, just like the right-wing fanatical media.
Parse that stupid.
So says the left wing wacko extremist....... Don't you have CEO's homes to protest?????
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#54
Feb 14, 2014
 
Mark Luxford wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad you found the article. Did you miss this?
"The decline in full-time-equivalent employment stemming from the ACA will consist of some people not being employed at all and other people working fewer hours; however, CBO has not tried to quantify those two components of the overall effect."
In other words, the CBO has not tried to determine which of those two components would be responsible for the majority of the employment hours lost. So, it is a distortion of their report to say that they project 2.5-million jobs will be lost due to the ACA. I also encourage you to read the second question. Here's how their answer begins:
"A. No, we are not certain our current estimates are accurate because our estimates are always uncertain."
They went on to point out that there are factors on the horizon that could affect the accuracy of their estimates, such as the number of enrollees who are entitled to subsidies. So, if you guys want to point to that report and say that it's proof that Obamacare is failing, you're pointing to a report that the CBO itself can't say it's certain about.
Mark, you're reasonable enough to understand that none of that argument matters at this point. The CBO's report linked Obamacare with the loss of over 2 million jobs. Any argument that begins with, "well technically ..." is dead in the water, especially with a law that is already submerged in lies and inaccuracies and as unpopular with as many as Obamacare.

The narrative has been set. You progressives above all should understand that game.
pipedream

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#55
Feb 14, 2014
 
But it DOES matter to YOU eh Nutso?

You lose again today Stupid.
pipedream

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56
Feb 14, 2014
 
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
The CBO's report linked Obamacare with the loss of over 2 million jobs.
No it did not nutso, except in your small delusional little bean bagger brain. Stop lying Stupid. You've dug that hole already.
pipedream

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#57
Feb 14, 2014
 
Really wrote:
<quoted text>And you had to have Mark lead you by the nose ring to the "denial" that actually is an interpretation of their previous statement. Guess your denial and super stupid is gonna bit you in the behind AGAIN, eh pippy???
Your LIES and those of your Uncle Nutso are NOT interpretations. They are LIES pure and simple. No amount of your low information spin is going to change that. Run along now dizzy before you dig yourself another hole.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Chelsea, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#58
Feb 14, 2014
 
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
Your LIES and those of your Uncle Nutso are NOT interpretations. They are LIES pure and simple. No amount of your low information spin is going to change that. Run along now dizzy before you dig yourself another hole.
Prove the lies extremist wacko......
pipedream

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59
Feb 14, 2014
 
Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
<quoted text>Prove the lies extremist wacko......
LOL you and uncle Stupid can't handle the truth.
Really

Wyoming, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#60
Feb 14, 2014
 
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL you and uncle Stupid can't handle the truth.
Interpretation: I don't have the truth OR any facts to refute what you are saying so I will call you names and act like I am 5 years old in the hopes that you will just accept what I am saying." Guess what there pippy??? Ain't gonna happen that we "just accept" what you post. You are very busy demanding everyone else do what you are either too lazy or too stupid to do yourself. Accountability starts now there little man. Either put it up yourself or have Mommy show you how. Otherwise, you are nothing but a cowardly little troll who couldn't find his way out of a paper bag with all four sides ripped open.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of127
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Grand Rapids Forum right now

Search the Grand Rapids Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Tea party the AmeicanTaliban 4 hr Dr X 28
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 7 hr Go Blue Forever 897
Suspect On The Run Following Robbery At ATM 9 hr Batch 37 Pain Is Good 1
Do you approve of Mary Hollinrake as County Cle... (Feb '12) 12 hr Dhead 8
What about the Malaysian jetliner? 15 hr Cookie 11
See which historic homes will be on the Heritag... 23 hr Coretta 1
Get Ready To Pay More For Food. Thu Phil 33
•••
•••
•••
Grand Rapids Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••