STOP THE VIOLENCE - Guns are real ... Stop toting
and hiding them. Turn them in for good!
SOS in Mesa

Phoenix, AZ

#2 Dec 16, 2012
Bette wrote:
Or maybe we should start at the source. Parents should teach their children the difference between right and wrong and keep them off the street.
I am tired of excuses and the blame game. Someone was shot---ban all guns, someone was knifed---ban all knives, I hit my thumb with a hammer---yep, it is the hammer's fault, lets ban all hammers.
To quote my Grandfather, "a man who is good at making excuses is seldom good for anything else".
Really

United States

#3 Dec 16, 2012
SOS in Mesa wrote:
<quoted text>Or maybe we should start at the source. Parents should teach their children the difference between right and wrong and keep them off the street.
I am tired of excuses and the blame game. Someone was shot---ban all guns, someone was knifed---ban all knives, I hit my thumb with a hammer---yep, it is the hammer's fault, lets ban all hammers.
To quote my Grandfather, "a man who is good at making excuses is seldom good for anything else".
Well said SOS. Accountability has gone the way of morality in this country.

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#4 Dec 16, 2012
SOS in Mesa wrote:
<quoted text>Or maybe we should start at the source. Parents should teach their children the difference between right and wrong and keep them off the street.
Well said.
Maybe we should ban cars also. More people are killed by cars every year, than are killed by guns.
It is NOT the object (gun or car) that causes these death's, but it is the person who is in control of them.
SOS in Mesa

Phoenix, AZ

#5 Dec 16, 2012
Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>Well said.
Maybe we should ban cars also. More people are killed by cars every year, than are killed by guns.
It is NOT the object (gun or car) that causes these death's, but it is the person who is in control of them.
When I was in elementary school, I clobbered a bully with my lunch box. If that happened today, the school would ban lunch boxes especially metal ones.
Fred

Littleton, CO

#6 Dec 16, 2012
GR needs its own "STOP MAYOR HEARTWELL" Campaign. What a buffoon.
Really

United States

#7 Dec 16, 2012
SOS in Mesa wrote:
<quoted text>When I was in elementary school, I clobbered a bully with my lunch box. If that happened today, the school would ban lunch boxes especially metal ones.
No, but they would suspend you and let the bully do what they wanted to do. Sad state of affairs, don't you think?

Grandville, MI

#8 Dec 16, 2012
SOS in Mesa wrote:
<quoted text>When I was in elementary school, I clobbered a bully with my lunch box. If that happened today, the school would ban lunch boxes especially metal ones.
Yeh,....I remember those day's.
Seems like now, about once a week we hear about kids bringing guns into schools,.... heven forbid we let a trained administrator have one!
Anyone wanna bet that tommorow morning we hear about a shooting in Grand Rapids?
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

#9 Dec 16, 2012
Bette wrote:
Guns don't cause violence. People cause violence. If there were no guns, those who are prone to violence would simply turn to knives or baseball bats or some other weapon. If you want to get a start on ending violence, you could start by promoting families...you remember those...where two parents raise a child to learn right from wrong and be accountable for their own behavior? Start discouranging young men from fathering as many babies as they can manage and actually BE fathers to those that they help create rather than merely being sperm donors.
Stop encouragning racial and class warfare...the idea that it's morally wrong and deserving of hatred for someone to have more than you. Stop glorifying violence in every venue imaginable...TV, Movies, games, magazines...Start speaking out against these things. Stop supporting them by turning the other way and saying nothing.
Those things might be a good start.
SOS in Mesa

Phoenix, AZ

#10 Dec 16, 2012
vox veritatis wrote:
<quoted text>
Guns don't cause violence. People cause violence. If there were no guns, those who are prone to violence would simply turn to knives or baseball bats or some other weapon. If you want to get a start on ending violence, you could start by promoting families...you remember those...where two parents raise a child to learn right from wrong and be accountable for their own behavior? Start discouranging young men from fathering as many babies as they can manage and actually BE fathers to those that they help create rather than merely being sperm donors.
Stop encouragning racial and class warfare...the idea that it's morally wrong and deserving of hatred for someone to have more than you. Stop glorifying violence in every venue imaginable...TV, Movies, games, magazines...Start speaking out against these things. Stop supporting them by turning the other way and saying nothing.
I'm with you 100%.

Grandville, MI

#11 Dec 16, 2012
vox veritatis wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
Well said.

Grandville, MI

#12 Dec 16, 2012
I guess we dont have to wait until tomorrow, to hear about more shootings in G.R.

http://www.woodtv.com/

Grandville, MI

#13 Dec 16, 2012
ooops, forgive me,....that was Kalamazoo.
Same thing,......different place.
Really

United States

#14 Dec 16, 2012
vox veritatis wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent!
Janet

Grand Rapids, MI

#15 Dec 17, 2012
Still I haven't heard of a gun buyback program, or a gun amnesty program recently ... how about billboards with an anti-violence message. Also, there needs to be a message against domestic violence ect., Young people grow up and marry and they haven't heard much on this topic. These campaigns need to be ongoing - more TV commercials ect.
Bath 37 Pain Is Good

Fenton, MI

#16 Dec 17, 2012
Janet wrote:
Still I haven't heard of a gun buyback program, or a gun amnesty program recently ... how about billboards with an anti-violence message. Also, there needs to be a message against domestic violence ect., Young people grow up and marry and they haven't heard much on this topic. These campaigns need to be ongoing - more TV commercials ect.
Vast amounts of people are normal and have weapons but nothing happens. A few sick twisted freaks would not be impacted because they are insane.
Ginger

Salt Lake City, UT

#17 Dec 17, 2012
Bath 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
<quoted text>Vast amounts of people are normal and have weapons but nothing happens. A few sick twisted freaks would not be impacted because they are insane.
Damn strait batch.
That's exctly why I want to purchase some nuclear weapons.
I'm completely normal and sane and you shouldn't have any issues whatsoever living next to me and my nukes.
I have a god (and NRA) given right to "bear arms" right!
god darn right I do!
I should be allowed to own the very best man has to offer, right?
SOS in Mesa

Phoenix, AZ

#18 Dec 17, 2012
Ginger wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn strait batch.
I'm completely normal and sane and you shouldn't have any issues whatsoever living next to me and my nukes.
god darn right I do!
I should be allowed to own the very best man has to offer, right
Please give your definition of normal.
Really

United States

#19 Dec 17, 2012
Ginger wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn strait batch.
god darn right I do!
If you want to own them so badly, go buy some. Quit coming on Topix and whining and stomping your feet woman! Put your money where your mouth is...go buy some nuclear weapons. Let us know when you have that accomplished, k??? LOL
Bath 37 Pain Is Good

Fenton, MI

#20 Dec 17, 2012
Ginger wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn strait batch.
god darn right I do!
Thanks Iran for your input.... You will need a permit first though.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local News Women (Apr '09) 8 hr T-Man 2,673
Why Trump is running for prez Fri RushFan666 7
Days of Yore Thu Joe Schlitzpack 1
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Thu Irememberwhen 1,080
Adult theater Cina-Mini two (Mar '13) Thu Sharon Sharealike 12
News a Very conservativea platform, Pence VP pick me... Jul 25 DR X 29
Politics aside, I'm sick of Beyonce Jul 22 Idea Maker 1

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages