GOP turns it's back on New York/New Jersey residents

Posted in the Grand Rapids Forum

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 36 of36
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jan 4, 2013
 
Rob wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, should have been a lot more turning it down.
"The Senate passed a $60.4 billion aid package last month, though the bill faced criticism over proposed spending not directly related to Sandy."
That is a understatement! Send it through with only the Sandy relief and see what the votes are.
I'm looking into finding out what the spending not related to Sandy is. From the sounds of the article it could be to shore up some of the expenses still related to Hurricane Katrina. If it is, it's a pretty petty reason to turn it down. I don't know that though.
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Jan 4, 2013
 
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps if the "representatives" would send through an aid bill that was ONLY for the Sandy victims, it would pass with flying colors? How much pork was in the bill SIB? Or doesn't that matter to you as long as it is under Obama and the Dems??? Hypocrite much?
He says without knowing any better...as usual.
"A review of the mark-up of the Senate bill reveals that all that extra, non-Sandy related cash is actually set to provide billions for “storm events that occurred in 2012 along the Gulf Coast and Atlantic Coast within the boundaries of the North Atlantic and Mississippi Valley divisions of the Corps that were affected by Hurricanes Sandy and Isaac.”
http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2013/01...
"While it would appear that Reid figured out—all on his own—that adding in these pork benefits for his Republican colleagues would insure passage of the relief bill without requiring the need to devote endless hours heading off yet another GOP filibuster effort, it is clear that these GOP senators—each and every one of them a supposed mortal enemy of unnecessary government spending—did not rush to request that the money be removed from the bill so as to save the nation a few billion bucks.

Apparently, these deficit hawks only spread their wings when they are flying in full public view.But when nobody is looking?" AMEN
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Jan 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Rob wrote:
<quoted text>
It better look a little harder. Nearly half the spending has nothing to do with Sandy. They have money set aside to go to buying new cars for the DOJ among other things.
So show me seeing as I'm not looking as hard as you are.
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Jan 5, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Rob wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not doing your homework for you! Just get some better news sources because it is clear that yours are leaving a lot to be desired . That's to put it nicely. This explains majority of your views.
Just as I thought.
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Jan 5, 2013
 
Rob wrote:
<quoted text>
Another lazy one, just as I thought. It's the Senates pork filled bill. Imagine that...majority Democrats!
Oh no, I've seen exactly what you are talking about. It's not as disastrous as you and the Republicans make it out to be. But then you're not a critical thinker. Just criticize.

Most of the "pork" was related to other environmental disaster cleanups we are faced with. Such as the piles of debris that is piling up on our western shores from the tsunami in Japan, what still needs to be done from hurricane Katrina, along with the other cleanups of past hurricanes along the eastern coastal region etc., and prevention of future disasters. And more effective responses to future "disasters". But a $20,000 car sets you all ablaze with indignation.

What you did show was your need to be perceived as superior to just be believed rather than disclose to others what they may not know.

But no, you are not a superior person. Just a tiny little one.
Really

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Jan 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

SeenItBefore wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no, I've seen exactly what you are talking about. It's not as disastrous as you and the Republicans make it out to be. But then you're not a critical thinker. Just criticize.
Most of the "pork" was related to other environmental disaster cleanups we are faced with. Such as the piles of debris that is piling up on our western shores from the tsunami in Japan, what still needs to be done from hurricane Katrina, along with the other cleanups of past hurricanes along the eastern coastal region etc., and prevention of future disasters. And more effective responses to future "disasters". But a $20,000 car sets you all ablaze with indignation.
What you did show was your need to be perceived as superior to just be believed rather than disclose to others what they may not know.
But no, you are not a superior person. Just a tiny little one.
Really? Apparently pork barrel spending by your Democrat friends is just fine with you as long as it is for Alaska and other states? I just wish one of you progressive elitists would figure out that WE DON'T HAVE THE MONEY to spend without borrowing every stinking day! I have given up, I must say, in trying to convince you clowns that you cannot ever spend your way back into prosperity. Of course, the government representatives that have been elected expect to be able to do what the normal private citizen can never do. It's way past time to fire every darn one of these clowns, including the President, and go back to the 1800's if necessary. Idiots, every single one of them.

“Seriously guys...”

Since: May 12

The 'Shwa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Jan 5, 2013
 
SeenItBefore wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm looking into finding out what the spending not related to Sandy is. From the sounds of the article it could be to shore up some of the expenses still related to Hurricane Katrina. If it is, it's a pretty petty reason to turn it down. I don't know that though.
Apparently some of the unrelated spending was for the Alaskan fisheries.
St Stephen

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Jan 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I love the spin that has taken place here. There is no way you can defend not taking care of those affected on the east coast so now the excuses and verbage from Fox News is starting to circulate. You people are so predictable. Vacation was more important than those who are going through hell on the east coast, thats what this all comes down to. I love it when the moderate and realistic republicans rip into these tea bag idiots and expose them for what they are. Kudos to Christie, King and all the others who aren't afraid to speak their mind, they are the republican's last chance at keeping their party relevant.

Truth is every bill has pork in it. The Katrina bill had pork in it. Rep. Randy Neugebauer (R) from Texas voted against Sandy relief yet his district has received boat loads of federal dollars to combat drought and wildfire conditions. This is just one example. These guys can't slap their hands out fast enough when it comes to taking money for their districts but as soon as it goes to someone else it's considered 'wasteful'.

America will remember incidences like this. You will still get to elect your local teabagger idiots to the House but are losing any and all chance to win the White House. The GOP had better watch out because these clueless clowns are destroying the GOP from within. Ass bags like Amash are a cancer. The GOP will have to cut ties and let them start their own party. They'll have their 20 members in the House and like 1 in the Senate. Then they can start a circle jerk club and tea bag themselves all they want.
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Jan 5, 2013
 
Whisgean Zoda wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently some of the unrelated spending was for the Alaskan fisheries.
That's true.
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Jan 5, 2013
 
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Really? Apparently pork barrel spending by your Democrat friends is just fine with you as long as it is for Alaska and other states? I just wish one of you progressive elitists would figure out that WE DON'T HAVE THE MONEY to spend without borrowing every stinking day! I have given up, I must say, in trying to convince you clowns that you cannot ever spend your way back into prosperity. Of course, the government representatives that have been elected expect to be able to do what the normal private citizen can never do. It's way past time to fire every darn one of these clowns, including the President, and go back to the 1800's if necessary. Idiots, every single one of them.
Pork barrel spending is nothing new. It's been going on for a lot longer than than you've been around. And I've never said it's okay on a blanket basis.

No we can't spend our way to prosperity but you right-wing flipazoids haven't figured out we can't cut revenue to it either. Too afraid letting temporary tax cuts that were set to expire at the time they were given will keep some from being able to buy those new cars every year, or add another house to their collection, or may have to cut down to two month long vacations a year.

Wake up, crap happens that no one expected.

And who was it that put us in this trap from the start. You sanctimonious right wingers that believe you should be able to get those tax cuts without any means to pay for them. Start wars without any means provided to pay for them. Instigate cuts that hurt those least likely to survive while decreasing the responsibility of those who can best afford it.

Good. Glad you've given up on trying to teach us anything because you haven't learned either so maybe you'll shut up now.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Jan 5, 2013
 
Whisgean Zoda wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently some of the unrelated spending was for the Alaskan fisheries.
Both sides of the aisle, are no strangers to, pork barrel spending.....
HGB

Troy, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Jan 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Rob wrote:
<quoted text>
Your of the lowly educated alright. You go from the GOP is so bad because they didn't pass the Sandy relief bill. Then when your told why you have to do some studying to find out what kind of pork is in there. After you do your studying you come back and belittle it saying it's only a little bit of pork. Ya $20,000 on cars, then it turns out to be $8 million for cars and equipment for the DOJ. Now you're saying they did it in the past so why can't they do it now? People commit crimes in the past and got away with it so why can't they now? That is just a stupid statement. But then again so is most of what you say. I see you admit that you have not learned anything. That is the first step to recovery. However I have very little hope for you
Your first sentence has he wrong use of you're in it. Who you calling lowly educated? I love irony, especially when people are addressing the education issue.
Andthenthereisth is

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Jan 5, 2013
 
HGB wrote:
<quoted text>
Your first sentence has he wrong use of you're in it. Who you calling lowly educated? I love irony, especially when people are addressing the education issue.
And then there is this......

" Who you calling lowly educated? I love irony"

Priceless!
Really

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Jan 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

SeenItBefore wrote:
<quoted text>
Pork barrel spending is nothing new. It's been going on for a lot longer than than you've been around. And I've never said it's okay on a blanket basis.
No we can't spend our way to prosperity but you right-wing flipazoids haven't figured out we can't cut revenue to it either. Too afraid letting temporary tax cuts that were set to expire at the time they were given will keep some from being able to buy those new cars every year, or add another house to their collection, or may have to cut down to two month long vacations a year.
Wake up, crap happens that no one expected.
And who was it that put us in this trap from the start. You sanctimonious right wingers that believe you should be able to get those tax cuts without any means to pay for them. Start wars without any means provided to pay for them. Instigate cuts that hurt those least likely to survive while decreasing the responsibility of those who can best afford it.
Good. Glad you've given up on trying to teach us anything because you haven't learned either so maybe you'll shut up now.
I'll make a deal with you..I'll shut up when you shut up, fair enough? You pontificate on the constitution as though you are the only person who has first hand knowledge of what the founding fathers intended. Now, either you are older than any living human being and are just hiding out so you can stay alive longer, or you are throwing crap at the wall to see if anyone buys it. Then, when I and others don't, you whine and cry and name call. Get over SIB, you elitists don't get everything you want, thank God. Although, I am almost hoping the GOP rolls over and lets Obama and the Dems complete the destruction they have started. Then maybe the citizenry will wake up.
TimeOut

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43
Jan 6, 2013
 
Rather than argue about who's more stupid, why not look into the facts Rob supplied and verify or refute them fActually? Those spending details seem to be the only thing on this topic of any real value. The rest is just insulting each other.

Seems to me if a spending bill for Sandy was brought forth that had that much extra pork unrelated to Sandy there was a good reason to vote it down. If those who brought the bill forth were really that concerned with Sandy relief why didn't they resubmit a bill that had ONLY Sandy relief funds requested? Makes sense that politics as divisive as they are, the liberals were simply setting the republicans up to look bad by playing off their vows for fiscal responsibility in the face of a government spending problem. We all can agree that those types of schemes have been happening on both sides for a long time.

On the other hand, if it's proven that the pork was limited to Katrina and clean-up expense in addition to Sandy, the republicans who voted against it should be taken to task for some superior stupidity.

But until you can agree on what was in the bill there's no sense calling each other stupid.
HGB

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#44
Jan 6, 2013
 
TimeOut wrote:
Rather than argue about who's more stupid, why not look into the facts Rob supplied and verify or refute them fActually? Those spending details seem to be the only thing on this topic of any real value. The rest is just insulting each other.
Seems to me if a spending bill for Sandy was brought forth that had that much extra pork unrelated to Sandy there was a good reason to vote it down. If those who brought the bill forth were really that concerned with Sandy relief why didn't they resubmit a bill that had ONLY Sandy relief funds requested? Makes sense that politics as divisive as they are, the liberals were simply setting the republicans up to look bad by playing off their vows for fiscal responsibility in the face of a government spending problem. We all can agree that those types of schemes have been happening on both sides for a long time.
On the other hand, if it's proven that the pork was limited to Katrina and clean-up expense in addition to Sandy, the republicans who voted against it should be taken to task for some superior stupidity.
But until you can agree on what was in the bill there's no sense calling each other stupid.
Ok Rob let stop drawing attention to ourselves.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 36 of36
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Grand Rapids Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Rapids
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••