'Quarter' family going to Disney World

Full story: WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan

A West Michigan family is on its way to Walt Disney World after cashing in thousands of state quarters.
Comments
1 - 20 of 37 Comments Last updated Apr 20, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
gfhg

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2009

ghfgf
Stunning

Plainwell, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2009

Judged:

10 years. Well, now we know who bogarted and caused the Depression. Way to go dicks.
Barb

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2009

I hope they have a great time. I have been collecting pennies. For what? I haven't decided yet. But it is a fun hobby to have. I heard of a couple who saved all their change for 25 years. When they reacched their 25th Ann. they cashed it all in and had enough to go on a cruise. I loved that story.

“Just Thinking”

Since: Nov 07

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2009

Judged:

Just over 1,000 bucks?????????? Please do tell how that translates to a travel/week/travel to Disney. Ridiculous and overblown story. Good for parents saving for vacation but that amount of cash wouldn't get a family a fun weekend in Grand Haven, let alone 1,000+ miles away to Disney. pfffft

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2009

That's great! I save all my silver. In a year it comes to like $300 to $400. Let the family make a decision together in what they want to do, and make plans.
b tch please

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2009

I've learned to play poker fairly well.

“Go TIGERS!!”

Since: Nov 07

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2009

kclh_thunk wrote:
Just over 1,000 bucks?????????? Please do tell how that translates to a travel/week/travel to Disney. Ridiculous and overblown story. Good for parents saving for vacation but that amount of cash wouldn't get a family a fun weekend in Grand Haven, let alone 1,000+ miles away to Disney. pfffft
I think they where just using it for the admission for the theme parks not the actual traveling. At least thats what the story said....
johnny 5

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2009

Judged:

I can't believe that the media and a lot of the easily lead public are putting this "family" up on a pedestal. What they have done is not a "hobby" or "a lesson in saving", but hoarding pure and simple and the last time I checked that was one of the seven deadly sins; not to mention that hoarding is selfish and unamerican. It is also treasonous since we are still in the midst of our nations war on terror. Hoarding jeopardizes our ability to overcome and destroy our enemies. Besides it puts a severe strain on every one's ability to deal with the day to day demands of life in the new and glorious 21st. century. I personally have had to look panhandlers in the eye and say,"Sorry, I don't have a quarter." Now I know why my hand came up empty so many times after fishing around in my pockets, Because of these people. Well, I hope you enjoy your little trip to Disneyland...NOT!!!
Are you serious

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2009

Judged:

johnny 5 wrote:
I can't believe that the media and a lot of the easily lead public are putting this "family" up on a pedestal. What they have done is not a "hobby" or "a lesson in saving", but hoarding pure and simple and the last time I checked that was one of the seven deadly sins; not to mention that hoarding is selfish and unamerican. It is also treasonous since we are still in the midst of our nations war on terror. Hoarding jeopardizes our ability to overcome and destroy our enemies. Besides it puts a severe strain on every one's ability to deal with the day to day demands of life in the new and glorious 21st. century. I personally have had to look panhandlers in the eye and say,"Sorry, I don't have a quarter." Now I know why my hand came up empty so many times after fishing around in my pockets, Because of these people. Well, I hope you enjoy your little trip to Disneyland...NOT!!!
wow, jealous much??? just because they decided to start saving quarters, they are hoarders??? thats ridiculous... stop being a jealous d*ckface and grow up

Since: Jul 07

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2009

Judged:

johnny 5 wrote:
So saving money for something you want is a sin?

Your an arse! and an idiot!
thewayIseeit

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2009

Judged:

johnny 5 wrote:
wow..I doubt they had every quarter in circulation. You need a job and a life. That's my 2 cents, oh no, am I hoarding pennies?
rock the world

Kalamazoo, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2009

johnny 5 wrote:
WHAT ARE YOU TRIPPIN ON??????
rock the world

Kalamazoo, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2009

Stunning wrote:
10 years. Well, now we know who bogarted and caused the Depression. Way to go dicks.
AND YOU'RE TRIPPIN TOO!!!
stella

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2009

johnny 5 wrote:
and you expect us to believe from this post that you would give a quarter to a panhandler. With your attitude, I can't believe you would even give the time of day.

Hope the family has a great trip and you sit home jealous.
Old Rocker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2009

kclh_thunk wrote:
You missed the point. It's not about how much you save, it's about saving.
The kids learned a valuable lesson.

If you pfffft the idea of saving, you are destined to be broke.

We need more "happy ending" stories like this instead of all the gloom and doom all the time.
johnny 5

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2009

stella wrote:
<quoted text>
and you expect us to believe from this post that you would give a quarter to a panhandler. With your attitude, I can't believe you would even give the time of day.
Hope the family has a great trip and you sit home jealous.
If you got the money,I got the time.
Teddy

Wyoming, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2009

I save money too...How come my family isn't on the news. lol
friday girl

Kalamazoo, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2009

johnny 5 wrote:
<quoted text>If you got the money,I got the time.
Ok-----what??????
Ellis Sonatchi

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2009

Judged:

I think this is not news - just something for people to think about so people will not think for themselves and have thoughts of true freedom - quarters and Disney are not freedom

Since: Feb 09

nowhere

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2009

Judged:

but if everyone saved quarters there would be a shortage!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

24 Users are viewing the Grand Rapids Forum right now

Search the Grand Rapids Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery 28 min go pink forever 757
What about the Malaysian jetliner? 9 hr Denis 41
4 held nude in Saginaw jail seek damages on det... (Mar '08) 18 hr My Son My Son 38
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 18 hr Matt from Columbus 1,273
Why Do Men and Women Like To Be Called Mommy or... (Nov '08) Sat hehe 88
Why does French Onion soup give me such foul sm... (Mar '09) Sat Barbie 47
Does Anyone miss Rval? (Nov '12) Sat rval is a fool 48
•••
•••
•••
Grand Rapids Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••