convicted felon working for servpro o...
Mary in Kazoo

United States

#163 May 27, 2008
A concerned person wrote:
<quoted text>
well lets see since Jesus created MY church you its been about 2008 yrs ago my church was created . and since your church wasnt created till after the 1st century. ohh yes and peter still wasnt your "1st "pope or any of your popes .
umm No and if you didnt belong to a cult that ranks right up there with the mormons with their "prophet"out there in utah just like your "prophet" is at the vatican , you would understand that God revealed his word when he created everything Genisis1:1 ... but instead your more worried about praying to a False god , "hail mary ,mother of grace " ,or going into a little booth and saying to a MAN "father forgive me for i have sinned " and you confess your sins to this man who then tells you to day what like 5 hail marys and what ever and your forgiven ... it doesnt work that way and these are FALSE teachings as clearly shown in GODS word.
also just like your baptism does NOT save you , baptism is a step of faith after salvation.
and yes the "pope" does think he is a prophet otherwise he wouldnt have people kneel before him or pray to him. and you woudlnt either if you believed in the Bible as it says you are not to kneel before any man . but see all you want to do is follow the catholics " traditional teachings " if you would follow the word of God you would realize everything you have been taught there is a lie but instead your blind and arrogant.
also see if you were a Christian you wouldnt keep putting me down and everything like you have from day 1 . but you seem to think this in your catholic was is acceptable as if your continued reference to mind altering drugs (which violates your gods new list of sins).again as you have over and over you have proven how bad your "religion" is since you claim to be so good at it.
Is this person for real???? If they were a true Christian they would never try to intentionally hurt anybody-and writing this post does!!!! Is this what Christ would do???
Hans Brinker

Saint Charles, IL

#164 May 27, 2008
Give Hoot! Don'
t Pollute
Starboop

United States

#165 Jun 4, 2008
I live with someone who was falsely accused of a felony, he did time and now he is working for a someone that gave him a brake, his record is ruined for ever, becuase he can not get his record expunged. But I beleive that you can not judge everyone by what you find online, or on a background check, those sites are to be used only when you are doing backgroun checks for employers or to find out if you have a child predator near you, that does not mean I am going to go around and bash a ppoor person that is trying to live his life in peace. Who is not a threat to society. I do beleive that what this person is doing is damaging not only to the employee but to the employer who I am sure did a background check. I work for a servpro, and beleive me when I tell you, we do not send an employee to a property knowing that the employee is a felon. He must have cleared the background check. I still beleive a person is entitled to their privacy. Now a days there is no privacy people can do whatever they want with your information not only to harrass others, but to steal their identity and cause havoc on the other persons life. Free information should be controlled.

I think I said my piece.

Thanks

“Jaynna”

Since: Jun 08

Grand Rpaids

#166 Jun 4, 2008
TheKaisho42 wrote:
By the way, one can only petition the court ofr expungement if that person has never been convicted of any other crime.
For instance, if you pled guilty to a misdemeanor and were fined >$99.99 (when you were 20 years old say, for disordely conduct) If you get convicted of another crime when you are 45, YOU cannot apply for an expungement. You cannot even apply for an expungement of the earlier crime.
It has nothing to do with the type or severity of

the crimes involved nor does it have anything to do with how much time passed between them.
I disagree, I had a friend applying for expungement recently and as long as she had no criminal activity in the last 2 years she may apply.
Lil E Door MI

Caledonia, MI

#167 Jun 4, 2008
The real criminals are in Lansing, but my fellow citizens keep repeating their mistakes. How about we get smart and vote them out.

“THE TRUTH IS WHAT YOU BELIEVE”

Since: Jun 08

Grand Rapids

#169 Jun 5, 2008
TheKaisho42 wrote:
concerned,
this might be the one time you and I can agree on something.
I am sooo tired of people using the past against them to the point many who have made mistakes cannot move forward past it. why are we keeping criminals, especially seemingly "petty" ones liek this guy who works at SERVPRO down?
our society is not interested in rehabilitation, forgiveness and redemption. all people want to see are criminals of all types locked up forever, with no hope of being anything other than a fry cook, if that.
it would be ONE thing if the rationale were a valid one, but i submit past behavior is not always indicative of present OR future behavior.
some people make mistakes and actually do learn from them. does society help them? no. It just lumps them in with the REST of the ne'er do-wells. in fact, it will do whatever it can within its considerable power to marginalize AND ostracize someone who has broken the law; permanently.
i am not saying a rapist should work in a clinic nor a pedophile with kids. i am not saying a bank robber should work in a bank or a murderer should be a doctor. but our laws do not discriminate between being a felon for MURDER and a felon for larceny in a building. i think that people could agree that there is a lot of difference between the two, but in our system, a felon is a felon. as far as background checks for employment go, felony check kiting is the same as armed robbery. and i do nothtink that is quite fair.
what I am saying is our society should start letting people get free, automatically, from some things in their past, especially when they have completed their sentence and kept their nose clean.
in fact, i think that after 7-10 years AND except for certain enumerated crimes, a person's criminal history should only be made available to law enforcement, not John Q. Public.
this person who posted above yours does not say when the man pled out to the crime or what the man MAY have done with his life since then. Is he rehabilitated? happy? is he a threat? what?
Instead that person engages in the worst kind of character assassination, sniping from behind a bush without seemingly ANY thought to the impact their words may have upon this person's ability to provide for himslef and/or his family. Shameful!
is it any more or less relevant if the man did the crime 2 years ago OR 10 years ago? did the man pay his debt to society??
what does the poster expect the man to do? crawl under a rock and DIE because he stole something?
you know, for a nation that imprisons 1 in 9 black men, and 1 in 19 of its citizens in total, one would think that the society that put them there would be a bit more conciliatory toward such a large goup of people. someday, the "criminals" may outnumber us. i do nothave to wonder what will happen if we keep disenfranchising them and keep our boots upon their necks.
TOTALLY AGREE DUDE!
So........Can you get me a job?
concerned felon

Muskegon, MI

#170 Aug 23, 2008
<quoted text>
so??
Its thoughts like that why good people regardless of there history cant find a job and go back to there old ways.. Give people a chance i have a felony havent been in trouble in 4 years and cant get a job or try for college cause they cant garrenty a "felon" a job so what were suppose to live how im only 23 and cant get a carrer because of those close minded type of people we did are time let us live....
Julie

River Rouge, MI

#171 Aug 23, 2008
I would rather have someone working in my home that has paid his debt than the bunch of illegals with false ID's. At least they would know how to track him. With the illegals, they just go back to mexico and disappear.

Larceny is not a violent crime.
Jim b

River Rouge, MI

#172 Aug 23, 2008
Yeah it is a sin to pollute, but child molestation is acceptable and forgiven.
I left the disgusting Catholic church for this reason. Bunch of bible thumping perverts.
<quoted text>
Why dont you practice what you preach, ohhhh thats right your you proved you dont have any of those several post ago. oohhh yeah talk about madness , i hope you follow dont want sin to much , i see the catholics just made pollution a sin, i hope you can hold your breath for a really long time and you can also hold it in from going to the bathroom since both of those are 2 forms of pollution, see how idiotic there ideas are .. wow and you took it hook,line and sinker...
Jim b

River Rouge, MI

#173 Aug 23, 2008
How old was your son and how old was the victim?

If the child was under 12 he should be castrated and thrown to the perverts in prison. There is no place in society for pedophiles. They should do themselves a favor and go out in the back yard with a shotgun and end their life like a man.(for once..)
Mother of CSC prisoner wrote:
Approximately 80% of CSC convictions are actually consensual, and these people are NOT pedophiles. A one time mistake can and does happen, many years ago that at that time went unnoticed because of the "child" and the "childs parents." So, my question is Why can a person with a CSC conviction,(no penetration, the girl stated thus) NOT be in his own home with his own children? This man is a good father, good husband, and had the approval of the child's mother to be with my son. Yes, he is married......and maybe that was not what it should be, but in the honesty of God Himself, why should a person be so tormented, and be kept in prison beyond his ERD? Good prisoner, no tickets, no sass, just writing and (me) paying much money so that he can stay connected to his family, particulary his children. What are they supposed to do, move out into the center of some woods somewhere? His youngest is 13 and misses her Daddy terribly. Never, and I will say it again, Never has he abused a child. When his debt to sociey is paid why can't he be given another chance at a job? We all make mistakes.....some are just larger than others.
A concerned person

Granbury, TX

#174 Aug 23, 2008
concerned felon wrote:
<quoted text>Its thoughts like that why good people regardless of there history cant find a job and go back to there old ways.. Give people a chance i have a felony havent been in trouble in 4 years and cant get a job or try for college cause they cant garrenty a "felon" a job so what were suppose to live how im only 23 and cant get a carrer because of those close minded type of people we did are time let us live....
Go back and re-read it again and put it back into context the way it was put there in the 1st place .

“Aut viam inveniam aut faciam ”

Since: Feb 08

Muskegon

#175 Aug 23, 2008
<quoted text>
Go back and re-read it again and put it back into context the way it was put there in the 1st place .
Umm, who are you again? the A concerned person from lakeview or from wherever?

the one from lakeview presented himslef as a MAN...you presented yourself as a woman over on the child support thread...

so, which ACP are you again?

or is it getting to ohard to keep your aliases straight?

Muskegon

#176 Aug 23, 2008
BTW, who resurrected THIS particular thread again?
It has been DEAD for about two, three months until today, hasn't it?
How and more importantly WHY, did someone, anyone go through all the past pages of threads (could have been 10 pages back for all I know) and resurrect THIS ONE?
Internet trolls are out here, people...
John and a Felon

Muskegon, MI

#177 Apr 16, 2009
See, keep us down. This is why we are forced to do things that others would never do. I am only 24 years old and was convicted with a felony at the age 17, which makes it 7 years this month. As I understand it, I can't get a job working for any city, state or federal position, not to mention at any of the local hospitals... My mother works at the former Hackley campus and could get me a job, if it weren't for a stupid drunk choice I made during spring break my senior year. Now I have to move out of state to find work!! My tax money won't be going to any of you simply because its out of our societies ability to forgive and forget. It is a shame that I can go to Florida and make 100k in one year for my boss while only keeping 50 bucks a day... And yet people with no skills can get a job in which I could do easily. Perhaps if your concerned about felons working in Muskegon, you should worry more about the Federal Governments infringements on state rights and the Constitution. I know its a bit off topic, but when they come to take your guns away, us felons are going to be the only ones able to get you the guns youll need to protect yourself from the murderers and rapists coming for your children.

“O__o ?”

Since: May 08

Grandville

#178 Apr 16, 2009
So what? They did their time, they deserve to have jobs too.

Muskegon

#179 Apr 17, 2009
BTW, who resurrected THIS particular thread again?
It has been DEAD SINCE AUGUST 2008!!!

How and more importantly WHY, did someone, anyone go through all the past pages of threads (could have been 10 pages back for all I know) and resurrect THIS ONE?

Do they have special software that allows them to go do this?

Internet trolls?
7Xfelon

Santa Clara, CA

#180 May 3, 2009
John and a Felon wrote:
See, keep us down. This is why we are forced to do things that others would never do. I am only 24 years old and was convicted with a felony at the age 17, which makes it 7 years this month. As I understand it, I can't get a job working for any city, state or federal position, not to mention at any of the local hospitals... My mother works at the former Hackley campus and could get me a job, if it weren't for a stupid drunk choice I made during spring break my senior year. Now I have to move out of state to find work!! My tax money won't be going to any of you simply because its out of our societies ability to forgive and forget. It is a shame that I can go to Florida and make 100k in one year for my boss while only keeping 50 bucks a day... And yet people with no skills can get a job in which I could do easily. Perhaps if your concerned about felons working in Muskegon, you should worry more about the Federal Governments infringements on state rights and the Constitution. I know its a bit off topic, but when they come to take your guns away, us felons are going to be the only ones able to get you the guns youll need to protect yourself from the murderers and rapists coming for your children.

I made 56k last year and 60k the year before. I have probably 14 felonys from 99. I am uneducated for the most part I graduated h.s. And that was it. I drive a truck am home most nights got 2 cars a house TOO damn many kids.that felony will only hold you down if you let it. The same with those bible thumpin tards that think your worthless cause something you did years ago.
There is hope

Vancouver, WA

#181 Jun 7, 2009
John and a Felon wrote:
See, keep us down. This is why we are forced to do things that others would never do. I am only 24 years old and was convicted with a felony at the age 17, which makes it 7 years this month. As I understand it, I can't get a job working for any city, state or federal position, not to mention at any of the local hospitals...

Actually JP Morgan Chase hires people with felonies. Try there. Good luck.
MARC

Batavia, OH

#182 Jun 26, 2009
Good job Serv-pro, way to give a guy a second chance.
whatwouldjesusdo

United States

#183 Nov 27, 2010
<quoted text>
so??
In the book of Corinthians God gives his definition of what love is: one part of the definition states,"do not hold a record of evil against your neighbor" If you trust God you won't have to be concerned.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 13 hr stewart scott 2,337
Local News Women (Apr '09) Tue Alex 2,398
Daane Development towing next to Score Sportsbar Mon Doosh Bagge 1
You Decide Jul 26 You Decide 1
Searching for Richard Painted Horse... Jul 23 Anonymous 1
News New state law enables Holland SmartZone district Jul 23 District 1 1
News Ground broken on Consumers Leadership Center Jul 22 Who 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages