Plainwell, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

The Bay is calm and the blue sky is showing off for the sun.....
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
Nice!
Getting anxious for that first long ride up the coast. Spring can't get here fast enough :)
ice2mud

Allendale, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Even though I am not up there to enjoy the scenery you are partaking of, I do recall the beauty of the bays from dawn 'til dusk. I just can't understand why people judge your comment so negative. They must be sitting in an office and in bad moods. Anyway... thumbs up. Hope you had a camera with you.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Whitmore Lake, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

ice2mud wrote:
Even though I am not up there to enjoy the scenery you are partaking of, I do recall the beauty of the bays from dawn 'til dusk. I just can't understand why people judge your comment so negative. They must be sitting in an office and in bad moods. Anyway... thumbs up. Hope you had a camera with you.
The judge its come from our progressive friends....... They are always disappointed in their life styles and decisions...... They just can not admit it yet......
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Whitmore Lake, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice!
Getting anxious for that first long ride up the coast. Spring can't get here fast enough :)
Took the M-22 loop along the bay to Northport then down M-22 to Manistee to see clients...... Great Day! Roads are dry.......
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Took the M-22 loop along the bay to Northport then down M-22 to Manistee to see clients...... Great Day! Roads are dry.......
So how many people were on the ice at Portage Lake?

Thinking of making a trip up there for some perch.

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Took the M-22 loop along the bay to Northport then down M-22 to Manistee to see clients...... Great Day! Roads are dry.......
NICE!
It's beautifull up there,...isnt it?
I have some family up there,.... someday, hopefully, I'll be up there too!
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Whitmore Lake, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
So how many people were on the ice at Portage Lake?
Thinking of making a trip up there for some perch.
The lakes up there had fishermen on the Ice. Not sure of the catch though. Stopped in Baldwin to see a buddy who says his fishing was slow. He goes a lot now he is retired. Ice there is about a foot thick and he thinks the fish are dormant because of recent cold nights..... Minnows and wax worms are being used.

“Where I came from”

Since: Jan 09

the universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>The lakes up there had fishermen on the Ice. Not sure of the catch though. Stopped in Baldwin to see a buddy who says his fishing was slow. He goes a lot now he is retired. Ice there is about a foot thick and he thinks the fish are dormant because of recent cold nights..... Minnows and wax worms are being used.
Heading downtown in an hour or so to hang out with some new friends. Yes its a beautiful day in the area the snow is starting to give up its hold since early Jan., yes we did have a winter this year.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Flushing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Notice the big difference with the judge it nomes..... no wonder they are negative about everything......

“Where I came from”

the universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Notice the big difference with the judge it nomes..... no wonder they are negative about everything......
Totally bizarre, oh well I know my day is going to be better than the sorry judges....
Ginger

Holland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Let me get this straight.
Are you saying that the judge-its come from Nome Alaska?
Where's your proof of this dear boy?

Or is 'gnomes' yet another word that you draw a complete blank on when it comes to proper spelling?

(Oh, and since you have an obsession with hairy women, please remind me again that I still need to shave.)
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>The lakes up there had fishermen on the Ice. Not sure of the catch though. Stopped in Baldwin to see a buddy who says his fishing was slow. He goes a lot now he is retired. Ice there is about a foot thick and he thinks the fish are dormant because of recent cold nights..... Minnows and wax worms are being used.
Portage Lake is known for its perch fishing, along with walleye and northern pike.

While I'd like to make it up there, work calls me to head back to the east coast Monday morning, and then to Georgia after that. Not sure the ice will last long enough for me to get back.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Novi, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Portage Lake is known for its perch fishing, along with walleye and northern pike.
While I'd like to make it up there, work calls me to head back to the east coast Monday morning, and then to Georgia after that. Not sure the ice will last long enough for me to get back.
When out East, get the striped bass, hard to find around here..... Monk fish is also good... Ugly to look at but tasty...
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Novi, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Ginger wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me get this straight.
Are you saying that the judge-its come from Nome Alaska?
Where's your proof of this dear boy?
Or is 'gnomes' yet another word that you draw a complete blank on when it comes to proper spelling?
(Oh, and since you have an obsession with hairy women, please remind me again that I still need to shave.)
I was just phonetically spelling the word so the libs could pronounce it without the g...... Donate your hair to a wig maker to help others...... Shampoo first.....

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

We used to play at the Tanz Haus in the early 80's. Loved going there. Elmer and Elsie Odgen were super nice people and always had great suggestions for places to go see that only local residents knew about.
I've heard the Tanz Haus is now gone however.

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
We used to play at the Tanz Haus in the early 80's. Loved going there. Elmer and Elsie Odgen were super nice people and always had great suggestions for places to go see that only local residents knew about.
Did you play in a band there?
I found this story on it.
I never heard of that place before. Interesting:

http://www.northernexpress.com/michigan/artic...

“Where I came from”

the universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
I will have to ask some of my new friends who are natives of TC about it..most of the people I have met have moved here from other places but I work with and know a few who have always lived here.
bobolinq

Comstock Park, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

too bad it's not a grand traverse morning!

“Where I came from”

the universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

bobolinq wrote:
too bad it's not a grand traverse morning!
Ahh but it is. You just have to be here.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

20 Users are viewing the Grand Rapids Forum right now

Search the Grand Rapids Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
go blue goes black 26 min Phil 1
New Year's Rapist Takes Plea Deal 1 hr Really 5
Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery 7 hr Guru 806
Fifth Third Bank loses $202 million (Jul '08) 9 hr mat 217
Is Terri Lynn Land a slumlord? (Jan '12) 22 hr Shes awful 79
Local News Women (Apr '09) Wed Red Wood 2,294
What about the Malaysian jetliner? Tue Gville Jim 56
•••
•••