SW Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2011

Judged:

I admit, I did follow the case and I don't have all the facts - but I am truly stunned.

As pointed out on the Trifecta this afternoon - Could it be possible that having the death penalty stopped the jurors from convicting Casey -- if there was even a tiny doubt in their minds?

Since: Jul 09

SW Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2011

Excuse me -- I Didn't follow the case.

“Mask Carving by Eric Schweig”

Since: Aug 08

Wayland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2011

Judged:

Dysfunctional wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you in the courtroom to hear everything? No.
Did you hear & see everything by watching on TV? No.
The jury has spoken and they're verdict was Not Guilty based upon everything presented to them. It doesn't matter what you think. This IS/WAS justice and you're the one that's now being outrageous.
Maybe you need to go lay down for awhile.
No, I didn't watch on TV, I watched with a direct link into court with NO commercials and didn't miss a thing, even with the jury WASN'T in the courtroom and I watched ALL HEARINGS, ALL FRYE HEARINGS, too. FYI, one of the jurors just stated the State didn't prove cause of death, well guess what...YOU DON'T HAVE TO PROVE CAUSE OF DEATH , and for a government teacher like he is, he's pretty dumb! Scott Peterson was convicted on one hair and NO CAUSE OF DEATH for killing his wife and unborn child. Many bodies are NEVER found with a conviction, therefore no cause of death. Oh yea, the juror said he also felt Casey came from a dysfunctional family and felt George was hiding something....YES, because she threw her own family under the bus to save herself. I guess you understand what dysfunctional means, because you are like Casey.....everything is about YOU YOU YOU , whatever name you use for the moment.

Wayland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2011

Judged:

Bubbly4now wrote:
I admit, I did follow the case and I don't have all the facts - but I am truly stunned.
As pointed out on the Trifecta this afternoon - Could it be possible that having the death penalty stopped the jurors from convicting Casey -- if there was even a tiny doubt in their minds?
It's like the jury just wanted to go home. They NEVER asked to see any of the evidence or go over any of the testimony. One juror called in on TV and said the State didn't prove a cause of death. Cause of death DOESN'T need to be proven, he's a government teacher and should know that. It's not guilty beyond ALL doubt, but within reason. Shows like CSI make people think you will always find DNA or fingerprints, and yet circumstantial evidence is what convicts MOST crimes. The juror who called in also said they felt Casey came from a dysfunctional family who buried their pets that way, so I assume they think dysfunctional means you're not accountable for your behavior or the crime of dumping your child in a swamp. He also felt that George, Casey's father seemed to be hiding something; even though Casey was willing to throw her whole family under the bus for what she did. Her lawyer said Caylee drowned on June 16, never reported it; she partied and slept around until her folks tracked her down 31 days later; Casey and her lawyers left poor little Caylee in the woods to rot until meter man found her remains 6 months later. The juror said they thought George,(ex-cop), covered up the accidental drowning of his granddaughter...why cover up an accident? Does this sound like a juror who used common sense? Why would anybody cover up an accident to make it a crime?

“Trying Hard”

Since: Oct 08

Hudsonville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2011

Judged:

TLC. I just wanted to say thank you again for your posts. I also believe that Casey has gotten away with murder. The jury has spoken, and our system of justice requires me to accept that. I believe that TV is responsible for the verdicts in cases like this or the OJ trial. Way back to Perry Mason we hear about "guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt". That, though is not the standard in our justice system. Our system mandates "guilty beyond a reasonable doubt". There is almost always a "shadow" of a doubt. The defense just has to keep throwing things at the wall untll the juries feel like nothing is clear. Well it is what it is. So will there be a wrongful death suit? If this woman can prove her dead son is Caylee's father will that give her standing to file such a suit? Remember the Goldmans successfully sued OJ for wrongful death, effectively preventing him from profitting from the murders.

So it goes.
Anonymous

Clinton Township, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2011

She is said not to be moving back with her parents....Ive though all along sheand Jose might have something going on...he'll move her in LOL

Wayland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2011

Judged:

Hudsonville Friend wrote:
TLC. I just wanted to say thank you again for your posts. I also believe that Casey has gotten away with murder. The jury has spoken, and our system of justice requires me to accept that. I believe that TV is responsible for the verdicts in cases like this or the OJ trial. Way back to Perry Mason we hear about "guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt". That, though is not the standard in our justice system. Our system mandates "guilty beyond a reasonable doubt". There is almost always a "shadow" of a doubt. The defense just has to keep throwing things at the wall untll the juries feel like nothing is clear. Well it is what it is. So will there be a wrongful death suit? If this woman can prove her dead son is Caylee's father will that give her standing to file such a suit? Remember the Goldmans successfully sued OJ for wrongful death, effectively preventing him from profitting from the murders.
So it goes.
Because she wasn't convicted of even manslaughter, she can now make millions off this with movie, book and interviews. She owes $68,000 in back taxes for the $200,000.00 she already received for pics of Caylee, and I'm sure Baez will help her manage and hide any future funds like O.J. did. Florida is one of the few, if not the only place where they CAN'T take your home and possessions in it, from a lawsuit; that's why O.J. moved there. Although the Goldman's won their civil suit, they never got any of it. Their is a civil suit against Casey already, pending; a Zenaida Gonzales who said her life has been ruined with Casey's stories of the kidnapping nanny with the same name.

I don't believe the woman who claims her son was Caylee's father; her story has changed several times and her own family says she can't be trusted.

My son asked me if I believe in karma; some day she will pay. I WILL NOT support any books, movies, or interviews with Casey, her family or HUGE dream team. I think she is pure evil and she will be worse with her lies.

Wayland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2011

Judged:

dtowndarling wrote:
She is said not to be moving back with her parents....Ive though all along sheand Jose might have something going on...he'll move her in LOL
I think Cindy would take her back, but I don't think George would; they will split if Casey goes back to that home. Let's face it, Casey doesn't want to be there anyway. She will have the money now to go wherever she wants; my first guess is , she will go with Geraldo on his sailboat to get away, and then her first interview will be on his show. I hope her next boyfriend will be the "new" Scott Peterson, Drew Peterson, or Joran Vandersloot.

“Be Respectful”

Since: Jul 08

Grand Rapids

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2011

Judged:

TLC1000 wrote:
Tell me how a jury can convict her with FOUR charges of lying to the police about her stories of Caylee being alive and kidnapped and yet BELIEVE her stories in the same court of law and find her innocent of all charges dealing with the death of her daughter? It's insane.
Her own lawyers thought the State had enough to convict her of lower charges, yet she walks free this Thursday. It just shows what happens with a team of 8 of the best lawyers that know how to throw everything BUT THE TRUTH at the jury. A trial is about seeking the truth, the only truth we have is that Caylee is dead and was with her mother. This was only about winning and not about the truth. These lawyers on this case knew where that child was for 6 months and let her rot away in the swamp. THIS ISN'T JUSTICE, IT'S OUTRAGEOUS!
This is why women keep killing their children and getting away with it.
The only justice for Caylee is that she is with the Lord, safe and happy, and not here on Earth growing up in that dysfunctional family.
Fred

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2011

Judged:

TLC1000 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's like the jury just wanted to go home. They NEVER asked to see any of the evidence or go over any of the testimony. One juror called in on TV and said the State didn't prove a cause of death. Cause of death DOESN'T need to be proven, he's a government teacher and should know that. It's not guilty beyond ALL doubt, but within reason. Shows like CSI make people think you will always find DNA or fingerprints, and yet circumstantial evidence is what convicts MOST crimes. The juror who called in also said they felt Casey came from a dysfunctional family who buried their pets that way, so I assume they think dysfunctional means you're not accountable for your behavior or the crime of dumping your child in a swamp. He also felt that George, Casey's father seemed to be hiding something; even though Casey was willing to throw her whole family under the bus for what she did. Her lawyer said Caylee drowned on June 16, never reported it; she partied and slept around until her folks tracked her down 31 days later; Casey and her lawyers left poor little Caylee in the woods to rot until meter man found her remains 6 months later. The juror said they thought George,(ex-cop), covered up the accidental drowning of his granddaughter...why cover up an accident? Does this sound like a juror who used common sense? Why would anybody cover up an accident to make it a crime?
What are your a fing law professor. You have no idea what you are talking about except what Nancy grace told you to think.
Dysfunctional

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2011

Judged:

TLC1000 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you understand what dysfunctional means, because you are like Casey.....everything is about YOU YOU YOU , whatever name you use for the moment.
My my my TLC1000, no everything isn't about me, everything in this thread was about the trial & your daily impressions on how good the prosecution was doing in your opinion, and now instead of admitting you weren't as smart as you thought you were ..... you've decided to attack me instead???

One of the many important lessons a person can learn in life is to learn to laugh at yourself & to admit when you were wrong about something. Maybe you've learned to laugh at yourself but I think it's quite obvious you can't admit it when you're wrong can you?

Who's dysfunctional now TLC1000?

Wayland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2011

Judged:

Gail in Wyoming wrote:
<quoted text>
The only justice for Caylee is that she is with the Lord, safe and happy, and not here on Earth growing up in that dysfunctional family.
Yes, you are correct; this family didn't deserve to have Caylee. Baez and Casey let her rot to get rid of evidence, and I find Baez's statements about caring for Caylee outrageous. Casey will never change, she is pure evil. No way would a man ever get away with dumping the body of his wife who he claimed drowned, 3 yrs. later. Drew Peterson is sitting in jail right now awaiting trial for the so called drowning of his wife in a bath tub from several years ago.

This jury not only failed Caylee, they failed what our justice system stands for. They couldn't see through all the smoke Baez was blowing their way, and I have NO DOUBT the high paid lawyers on this case guided him in those ways. He's slime to let Caylee rot with the animals.

Wayland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2011

Judged:

Dysfunctional wrote:
<quoted text>
My my my TLC1000, no everything isn't about me, everything in this thread was about the trial & your daily impressions on how good the prosecution was doing in your opinion, and now instead of admitting you weren't as smart as you thought you were ..... you've decided to attack me instead???
One of the many important lessons a person can learn in life is to learn to laugh at yourself & to admit when you were wrong about something. Maybe you've learned to laugh at yourself but I think it's quite obvious you can't admit it when you're wrong can you?
Who's dysfunctional now TLC1000?
YES this thread was about Justice for Caylee, NOT about your stupid comments and opinions about people who post on this thread. Your ONLY goal is to go around and trash people on EVERY thread instead of debating or discussing issues. YOU think your opinion of people on the thread matters more than the subjects of any thread. That is the signs of a narcisstic person...."look at me trash others, isn't it funny?"...that is YOU! Everyone on the threads think you are a Moran who gets off by bullying others online because you can't get away with it in person. Quite frankly, I think you've always been this way; you must be one lonely person, and REALLY SICK!

“DRILL FOR OIL?, "YES WE CAN"”

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2011

Just not enough to convince me, I still think, her dad being a cop, orchestrated this knowing how to befuddle the law.
she went out and partied the next day, the mom didn't report for 30 days, later he wanted to kill himself.

I thought it would be one of the two extremes, death, or let off the hook.
Dysfunctional

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2011

Judged:

TLC1000 wrote:
<quoted text>
YES this thread was about Justice for Caylee, NOT about your stupid comments and opinions about people who post on this thread. Your ONLY goal is to go around and trash people on EVERY thread instead of debating or discussing issues. YOU think your opinion of people on the thread matters more than the subjects of any thread. That is the signs of a narcisstic person...."look at me trash others, isn't it funny?"...that is YOU! Everyone on the threads think you are a Moran who gets off by bullying others online because you can't get away with it in person. Quite frankly, I think you've always been this way; you must be one lonely person, and REALLY SICK!
I don't know who you think I am TLC1000, but if I were you, I'd go back & re-read every one of my comments. I have ONLY posted as Dysfunctional on these Anthony threads and you say I bullied you?

I was just offering my opinions about this case and I guess they were different than your own but is that a reason to show hostility towards me now?

In re-reading your post above, are you sure you didn't just describe yourself as being a bully, etc etc towards others??
Frustrated Grandmother

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2011

I followed the case off and on.....Karma will prevail.

Wayland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2011

Judged:

Red_Fist wrote:
Just not enough to convince me, I still think, her dad being a cop, orchestrated this knowing how to befuddle the law.
she went out and partied the next day, the mom didn't report for 30 days, later he wanted to kill himself.
I thought it would be one of the two extremes, death, or let off the hook.
So you think an Ex-cop would throw his beloved granddaughter in a swamp to cover an ACCIDENTAL drowning to protect his daughter, but yet let her be arrested to face the death penalty and sit in jail for 3 years? Since when is an accidental drowning a crime when you call 911? Her father was at work when she claimed this drowning happened, and the drowning has only been used as a theory during this trial; she claimed the child was kidnapped by a nanny that didn't exist until the remains were found, and even then pointed fingers at others for killing her child, including her father and brother and ex-boyfriends. She didn't just party within 2 hrs after she claims her daughter died, she hid around town away from her parents who were trying to locate her and their grandchild. His suicide letter has been made public; his pleas in the letter for who and why someone would kill Caylee CAN NOT be mistaken for guilt in any way. Casey is the Devil's own daughter; she will steal from and hurt anyone in her path. Just like Susan Smith who drowned her two little boys, Diane Downs shot her three kids, and now Casey has killed her child; all three of them JUST TO BE WITH A MAN.

George being an ex-cop would know how to get rid of a body and NOT dump it like trash a block from his home. Hurricane water and the heat washed away evidence, besides Cindy washing Casey's clothes that were found in the car, and cleaning the trunk of the car of evidence. I guess in a way, they deserve to have her back; now the taxpayers don't have to support her until her next crime.

Wayland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2011

Judged:

Dysfunctional wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know who you think I am TLC1000, but if I were you, I'd go back & re-read every one of my comments. I have ONLY posted as Dysfunctional on these Anthony threads and you say I bullied you?
I was just offering my opinions about this case and I guess they were different than your own but is that a reason to show hostility towards me now?
In re-reading your post above, are you sure you didn't just describe yourself as being a bully, etc etc towards others??
Do you really think when you post comments about what Gail or I write about this case is really discussing this case? Are you nuts, can't you see the difference between making comments about the trial compared to making comments about Gail and I PERSONALLY? ALL your comments have been about "us" , not about the case or trial. We have always welcomed anyone to discuss this case, but NOT to trash a person for what their opinion is ....HUGE DIFFERENCE. I started a thread 3 yrs. ago when Caylee first went missing; I KNOW you didn't read several thousand posts on there or you would know what Gail or I have said over the last 3 yrs. with this case.

“DRILL FOR OIL?, "YES WE CAN"”

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2011

Say what you will, but something is fishy with the whole case.

As far as I am concerned she is now NOT guilty, no matter what I think, or anyone thinks.

I am one who says OJ was not guilty, in the fact he argued and threatened his wife.So I say he would have punched, or hit, but not use a knife, don't seem right.Then drive around in that truck, and I think he is covering up the real reason why his wife was killed to not bring shame to her and the kids.
Then he was pissed because he knows he didn't kill her, while the other family got all his things, and was enraged enough years later to get his stuff back.So he is in jail now, already persecuted from the last trial, for being stupid trying to get his stuff back.
Nancy Grace is a joke

Poland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2011

Fred wrote:
<quoted text>Why not. Nancy Grace has been using tools like you to make millions on this case already. Even if the verdict had been guilty the media coverage and cameras in the court room would have been grounds for a mistrial anyway. Nancy Grace is probably pissed about that because with a mistrial she could have kept her faithful viewers at a frenzy for even longer.
Absolutely 1000% correct. This Casey woman will make millions because of the idiotic Nancy Grace viewers who turned this whole thing into a circus and a freak show, which just enables this Casey woman to become infamous. Nancy Grace is a con artist who only pretends to know something about the law. She is just as mentally unstable as this Casey woman and her train-wreck family, and yet her delusional viewers continue to watch her program obsessively. Yes Nancy is probably upset that there is no mistrial to keep her ratings up, so now she will go on a jihad trying to prove that this Casey person is like OJ.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 261 - 280 of444
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••