Posted in the Grand Rapids Forum

First Prev
of 23
Next Last

“Mask Carving by Eric Schweig”

Since: Aug 08

Wayland

#1 May 10, 2011
The trial of Casey Anthony is about to begin, who is charged for the murder of her own daughter.Three years ago I started a thread for anyone who wanted to discuss this case; I said I would be here to the end, so I am back, hoping to see justice for Caylee and to talk with others who are interested in this case. I hope Gail In Wyoming, Marti, and others are still around; I'm positive they have kept up to date with this case and hope for justice for Caylee, too. Jury selection is already showing us how this trial will precede.....crazy.

Wayland

#2 May 10, 2011
For people who don't have cable TV and would like to watch courtroom trial live; it's available at www.wesh.com with a forum, also. I know some people are really interested in our justice system and like to watch trials; hope to see others be involved. In order to fight crime we need people to care about our justice system. The excuses coming from the people of Florida to avoid jury duty is unbelievable.

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#3 May 10, 2011
I hope that the truth comes out, and we find out what really happened.

Wayland

#4 May 10, 2011
Gville Jim wrote:
I hope that the truth comes out, and we find out what really happened.

I don't think we will ever know the truth, but I'm glad they found her remains. Some attorneys in Fla. are predicting that Casey will take the stand now, in order to save her life; but I think they will just point the blame to her Father, George, who seems to be willing to take the blame to save her life. It only takes one juror to screw things up; they had one person talking about the case to other possible jurors today before they even got into the courtroom, so all 50 people had to be released to prevent a mistrial. At this point, I wouldn't believe anything Casey has to say about what happened......too little too late.

“Lucky”

Since: Sep 08

Charm City

#5 May 11, 2011
TLC1000 wrote:
For people who don't have cable TV and would like to watch courtroom trial live; it's available at www.wesh.com with a forum, also. I know some people are really interested in our justice system and like to watch trials; hope to see others be involved. In order to fight crime we need people to care about our justice system. The excuses coming from the people of Florida to avoid jury duty is unbelievable.
Thanks for the info on the trial. I am one of them that is interested in the justice system. I will be tuned in.
Amazing

East Lansing, MI

#6 May 11, 2011
Thank goodness it's a very strict judge, he is absolutely no nonsense. He's fining the attorney's $100 every time they do something stupid or wastes time.
Where was he when O.J. was on trial for murder.

“Lost in the middle somewhere..”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#7 May 11, 2011
Amazing wrote:
Thank goodness it's a very strict judge, he is absolutely no nonsense. He's fining the attorney's $100 every time they do something stupid or wastes time.
Agree. I think that is the exactly the kind of judge needed for a trial this high-profile.

“Lucky”

Charm City

#8 May 11, 2011
So fr no one wants to sit on the jury.
Amazing

East Lansing, MI

#9 May 11, 2011
A potential juror intentionally spoke with InSession producers totally against the judge's instructions and was held in contempt of court. He was fined $450 by the judge, this is going to be interesting--------

“Lost in the middle somewhere..”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#10 May 11, 2011
Amazing wrote:
A potential juror intentionally spoke with InSession producers totally against the judge's instructions and was held in contempt of court. He was fined $450 by the judge, this is going to be interesting--------
The problem that they will run into with jurors for this case is that they may end up with someone who wants to be on the jury knowing full well they will end up with some type of celebrity status. And anyone close to getting on the jury may take any opportunity they can to get their 15 minutes of fame.
Amazing

East Lansing, MI

#11 May 11, 2011
-LMS- wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem that they will run into with jurors for this case is that they may end up with someone who wants to be on the jury knowing full well they will end up with some type of celebrity status. And anyone close to getting on the jury may take any opportunity they can to get their 15 minutes of fame.
I understand what you mean, however person after person today wanted to be excused for one reason or another. The judge ordered them to go next door to the homeless shelter and see if folks had a drivers license and then they will be called. This is going to be very interesting. The judge said opening arguments for Tuesday, I believe, and he means it!
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

United States

#12 May 11, 2011
Incinerator Please.......
Go Blue

Lake Worth, FL

#13 May 11, 2011
They are bringing jurors in from the Clearwater area, 2 hours away, and it will last two months....how'd you like to get that jury notice?...I'm pretty sure, she is guilty as hell, but doubt she will get death sentence, probably life w/o parole....it's costing the state millions...

Wayland

#14 May 11, 2011
oma2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the info on the trial. I am one of them that is interested in the justice system. I will be tuned in.
This trial could bring new science for solving crime into every courtroom, which is good. It's crazy how the defense tried to keep the cadaver dogs evidence out, even though they have been used since WWI.

Wayland

#15 May 11, 2011
Amazing wrote:
I love this Judge. Thank goodness Baez complained about Strickland, because now we have the best......no B.S. in his courtroom.

Wayland

#16 May 11, 2011
I am still amazed at how many people are fooled by Casey's "tears for herself", and her terrible acting to get sympathy. Casey might get away with it now, but when the jury sees that video of little Caylee singing her sunshine song and reading the book, they will understand why so many people around the world want justice for the death of Caylee Marie because Caylee stands for all the children who are abused, even by family members.
Amazing

East Lansing, MI

#17 May 11, 2011
Casey's parents screwed up big time---spoiled brat who got jealous of her own child I say. I think Casey had a bad relationship with her mother and she was going to let her mother know who was in charge. She cries at odd times and can sit there like a statue when others would be crushed. It tears me apart to see the video of Caylee with her great grandfather, kids are just so innocent.
Dominic

Mechanicsville, MD

#18 May 11, 2011
who cares

“Be Respectful”

Since: Jul 08

Grand Rapids

#19 May 12, 2011
TLC1000 wrote:
<quoted text>
I love this Judge. Thank goodness Baez complained about Strickland, because now we have the best......no B.S. in his courtroom.
I'm still here and keeping up with the case. I love this Judge, too, and his no nonsense attitude. He means business, and Casey is only crying for herself, not little Caylee. It's those 31 days of partying and not reporting Caylee missing that I hope will take her down.

“Lucky”

Charm City

#20 May 12, 2011
Here's another site to go to. http://www.wftv.com/caseytriallive1/index.htm...

The other is getting very choppy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 23
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Trump is running for prez 5 hr RushFan666 4
News a Very conservativea platform, Pence VP pick me... Mon DR X 29
Local News Women (Apr '09) Mon T-Man 2,668
Adult theater Cina-Mini two (Mar '13) Jul 22 Idea Maker 11
Politics aside, I'm sick of Beyonce Jul 22 Idea Maker 1
Give Yourselves To Muhammad! Jul 21 BubbaAli 2
Review: TerryTown RV Superstore (Aug '15) Jul 18 SWheeler 5

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance