GR is dying

Posted in the Grand Rapids Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of68
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Defender of Liberty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 21, 2011
 

Judged:

3

3

3

What happened republicans? GR was once a good city but that was before the gop moved in now its dying. gop fascism kills everything it touches.

http://www.mlive.com/business/west-michigan/i...
rotflmao

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 21, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Well sweetie, Detroit has been run by liberals for a long time. Maybe you should move there. Whoops! I forgot, no one wants to live there...being a cesspool of corruption and crime out of control!

“BUD/S Class 92”

Since: Sep 08

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 21, 2011
 

Judged:

3

3

3

And that from a Muskegon native, lol.

“Where I came from”

Since: Jan 09

the universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 21, 2011
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Hm, a,so, where do all these people go every morning. Sure seems to be a lot of traffic, and the stores are always busy, I see a lot of people buying gas. Ever been on 131 at 2:00 in the afternoon all of us are doing something to be able to drive around buy items and gas for our cars. Looks like commerce to me. No need to judge, I already know.

“Lost my mind”

Since: Apr 07

be back later

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 21, 2011
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Defender of Liberty wrote:
What happened republicans? GR was once a good city but that was before the gop moved in now its dying. gop fascism kills everything it touches.
http://www.mlive.com/business/west-michigan/i...
You do realize that Hartwell is a democrat right? And you bitch about Fox links but you post something that ultimate comes from Newsweek? Really?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 21, 2011
 

Judged:

4

4

3

Looks like GR is on pace for a record number of shootings this year, thanks to the SE side. They've really ramped it up the past few weeks.
Mayor Heartwell

Ionia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 21, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Arctic49519 wrote:
Looks like GR is on pace for a record number of shootings this year, thanks to the SE side. They've really ramped it up the past few weeks.
Look, I've got more important things to worry about than crime and murder. There's the Iraq War, and Fountain Street Church, the GRCC "Diversity Lecture Series", and making it easier for the homeless to panhandle for money on the streets of downtown. Please do not bother me with such trivial matters like crime.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 22, 2011
 

Judged:

17

17

17

Defender of Liberty wrote:
What happened republicans? GR was once a good city but that was before the gop moved in now its dying. gop fascism kills everything it touches.
http://www.mlive.com/business/west-michigan/i...
You can blame the Detroit area politicians for imposing over regulations in State Govt....... Liberals always kill the opportunities..... Just look at Detroit and Flint...... It's like a cancer that spreads...... We will fix GR now we have a State Administration that will roll back policy that hurts business.....

Since: Jun 09

GR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 22, 2011
 

Judged:

11

11

11

neecer wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that Hartwell is a democrat right? And you bitch about Fox links but you post something that ultimate comes from Newsweek? Really?
It's highly unlikely this person even knows who Heartwell is ... lol
Anyway, I don't agree that Grand Rapids is dying. I see bright things in her future. We need to bring industry back to the area for sure, but the city is far too promising for industrious companies not to consider making it their headquarters. If conservatism continues to sweep out the ingenuity-crushing progressive philosophy, eventually incentives will be put in place to make GR a very attractive location.
Like most cities in America, GR needs to weather the storm of decades of piss-poor governance.
Mark

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 22, 2011
 

Judged:

3

3

3

The writer of this obviously has not been here in the last 10 years. This area has been amazingly resilient considering the devastation from the liberal state government and economy collapse of the last decade.

Yes the kids left over the last decade...there wasn't a job to be had. Watch the next 10 years...the infrastructure is in place...just a few more modifications with these government dole unions...

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 22, 2011
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Mark wrote:
The writer of this obviously has not been here in the last 10 years. This area has been amazingly resilient considering the devastation from the liberal state government and economy collapse of the last decade.
Yes the kids left over the last decade...there wasn't a job to be had. Watch the next 10 years...the infrastructure is in place...just a few more modifications with these government dole unions...
The writer that began this thread is totally clueless about Grand Rapids. The only thing they see is a Republican around every corner, behind every building and in every bush. Pay no attention to the party that started this thread as they are totally clueless about the real world around them.
cannonfodder

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 22, 2011
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Hey folks, this is Newsweek! Guess who's really dying.

“Where I came from”

Since: Jan 09

the universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jan 22, 2011
 

Judged:

9

9

9

The Real Sandy wrote:
<quoted text>The writer that began this thread is totally clueless about Grand Rapids. The only thing they see is a Republican around every corner, behind every building and in every bush. Pay no attention to the party that started this thread as they are totally clueless about the real world around them.
Well as someone who lives and works and goes to all corners of Grand Rapids on a regular basis you could have fool me that things were so bad, No doubt there are empty factories around town, the places I go to are all busy. So there is no doubt the writer did not do his homework. I think right now in Grand Rapids if you are willing and able you can find a job, it may not be a dream job, its better than no job.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 22, 2011
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Shoeless Eluder wrote:
<quoted text>Well as someone who lives and works and goes to all corners of Grand Rapids on a regular basis you could have fool me that things were so bad, No doubt there are empty factories around town, the places I go to are all busy. So there is no doubt the writer did not do his homework. I think right now in Grand Rapids if you are willing and able you can find a job, it may not be a dream job, its better than no job.
Exactly right, Shoeless. Grand Rapids is NOT dying, in fact, it is re-vitalizing quite well. I don't particularly like George Heartwell, but he has not done that much harm to GR. If GR is dying, I wish someone could explain all the traffic I see everyday heading into downtown from the Lakeshore. It is generally bumper to bumper and there is a ton of it!

“Where I came from”

Since: Jan 09

the universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 22, 2011
 

Judged:

3

3

3

The Real Sandy wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly right, Shoeless. Grand Rapids is NOT dying, in fact, it is re-vitalizing quite well. I don't particularly like George Heartwell, but he has not done that much harm to GR. If GR is dying, I wish someone could explain all the traffic I see everyday heading into downtown from the Lakeshore. It is generally bumper to bumper and there is a ton of it!
Another thing I see a lot of is trucks, lots of trucks and I know they all cant be empty.
Montana Man

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jan 22, 2011
 

Judged:

5

4

4

I left that craphole in 1996, the best move I ever made. What a depressing place. Dying? I'd say it's dead.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jan 22, 2011
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Montana Man wrote:
I left that craphole in 1996, the best move I ever made. What a depressing place. Dying? I'd say it's dead.
Thanks for your input. Hope you are happy wherever you are.
Opa

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 23, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Even sadder, in that top 10 of "dying" cities, THREE are in Michigan...where is Granholm NOW?
Montana Man

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jan 23, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The Real Sandy wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for your input. Hope you are happy wherever you are.
I'll give you two guesses where that is.
Montana Man

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jan 23, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Opa wrote:
Even sadder, in that top 10 of "dying" cities, THREE are in Michigan...where is Granholm NOW?
You think this all started within the last 8 years and it all Granholm's fault? These cities have been dying for decades. Maybe the reason Michigan is dying is because it's full of stupid people like you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of68
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Grand Rapids Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Rapids
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••