What do you want in a President? Some...

What do you want in a President? Someone who???

Created by The Movie Guy on Jun 19, 2009

46 votes

Click on an option to vote

Keeps the status quo

Only helps the rich

Actually helps Americans

Does nothing about jobs

Wants to keep the peace

Wants to go to war

Builds the economy back up

Lets America fall

Does nothing for the people

Increace his own power

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Employed taxpayer”

Since: Nov 08

West Olive

#22 Jun 19, 2009
Constitutional Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
I want what is best for the country, even if it hurts for a little now.
This is the Achilles heel of democracy IMO.

Long term is never more than 4 years down the road.

“ACLU--Jihad with a law degree”

Since: Sep 08

Knoxville, TN

#23 Jun 19, 2009
1960brookwood wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the Achilles heel of democracy IMO.
Long term is never more than 4 years down the road.
Very true.

Which is why our leaders are supposed to be some of the best and brightest, cream rises to the top and all that rot.

Right now, we have the poo that has floated to the top.

And in reality, it is our (collectively as a nation) fault because we keep sending these horses' patuts back to Washington.
Seenitbefore

Jenison, MI

#24 Jun 19, 2009
Constitutional Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
No, because if I argued it, I would be giving it credibility, and as I stated, it is so full of BS that it isn't credible.
As if you knew what was credible.
Seenitbefore

Jenison, MI

#25 Jun 19, 2009

“ACLU--Jihad with a law degree”

Since: Sep 08

Knoxville, TN

#26 Jun 19, 2009
Seenitbefore wrote:
<quoted text>
As if you knew what was credible.
Feel the love.

“lover”

Since: Feb 09

Dorr MI

#27 Jun 19, 2009
Seenitbefore wrote:
They were right. You have to watch both sides Then sort out all the crap both sides spew.

“Go MSU Spartans!”

Since: Oct 08

Kalamazoo, MI

#28 Jun 19, 2009
From the list I selected "Actually helps Americans". But for that to occur the candidate would have to have the knowledge of what really WOULD help Americans. i.e. not more entitlement programs, but policy that facilitates the ability for the average citizen to be independent, responsible and successful. But I guess I will settle for someone who's head is NOT lodged in his rectal cavity.

Since: Apr 08

Grand Rapids MI

#29 Jun 21, 2009
I'd like someone who stand up against business and make them toe the line. This country isn't just for increasing their profit margins. Sometimes I feel like we're all disposible citizens: get used and then thrown away.

I like what Presdient Obama is doing.

“Some Call Me...Dingo”

Since: Apr 09

Grand Rapids

#30 Jun 22, 2009
Craiggy wrote:
This is kinda a mute point seeing we just swore in a New President and its far to early in his crisis plagued administration to say really what his lasting effect is going to be. These are not average times and hes not an average President.Look at all the complete blunders Bush made and we are still here to complain about it.
I'm assuming you mean a "MOOT" point, Craiggy. A mute point is something you should practice more often.

“Dude, Where's my car?”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#31 Jun 22, 2009
Rich S wrote:
I'd like someone who stand up against business and make them toe the line. This country isn't just for increasing their profit margins. Sometimes I feel like we're all disposible citizens: get used and then thrown away.
I like what Presdient Obama is doing.
We do actually have Monopoly and Anti-Trust laws in this country but they aren't enforced.
Alvin

Grand Rapids, MI

#32 Jun 22, 2009
Hurley35 wrote:
<quoted text>We do actually have Monopoly and Anti-Trust laws in this country but they aren't enforced.
I think some of the regulations that Obama is pushing for is heading in the right direction. I do agree with you in that absolutely nothing has been done with that during the last 8 yrs.

“Dude, Where's my car?”

Location hidden

#33 Jun 22, 2009
Alvin wrote:
<quoted text>I think some of the regulations that Obama is pushing for is heading in the right direction. I do agree with you in that absolutely nothing has been done with that during the last 8 yrs.
We don't need more laws or regulations or "Czars" we just need to actually enforce those that are already in place. More laws and regulations aren't going to fix a thing without enforcement.
Hoover

United States

#34 Jun 22, 2009
What I'd like to see in a president wouyd be more of a minority - maybe a white guy working for a living for something other than the government, paying his own way in life.
Seenitbefore

Jenison, MI

#35 Jun 22, 2009
Hurley35 wrote:
<quoted text>We don't need more laws or regulations or "Czars" we just need to actually enforce those that are already in place. More laws and regulations aren't going to fix a thing without enforcement.
That and the funds to support the enforcement.

Plus we need legislators that recognize it is just as important, if not at times more important, to preserve the laws, rules, regulations, etc. we have rather then just get their names on new legislation(s).

“Dude, Where's my car?”

Location hidden

#36 Jun 22, 2009
Seenitbefore wrote:
<quoted text>
That and the funds to support the enforcement.
Plus we need legislators that recognize it is just as important, if not at times more important, to preserve the laws, rules, regulations, etc. we have rather then just get their names on new legislation(s).
There's a big part of the problem. Enforcement doesn't put names in the paper or on the ballot. Sponsoring new legislation does.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 10 hr tom wingo 2,071
News New chiropractic tool treats back pain without ... (Apr '08) 13 hr Chiropractor From... 239
News Black Bear Spotted In Hartford 15 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 2
Local News Women (Apr '09) 18 hr BBQ dave 2,374
News 2014 Mini Cooper - Small Wheelbase, Long Legs Wed Go Blue Forever 1
News Want the city to pay for your pothole damage? (Mar '08) May 25 Oneal 56
Meat Pies! May 24 GoatMilkSaviour 1
More from around the web

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]