Pelosi on jail time for no health insurance: "It's fair"

Posted in the Grand Rapids Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
GR_Paul

West Bloomfield, MI

#1 Nov 12, 2009
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2009/1...

"Pelosi On Jail Time For No Health Care: "The Legislation Is Very Fair In This Respect"

KOMO-TV: Do you think itís fair to send people to jail who donít buy health insurance? Pelosi:.. "the legislation is very fair in this respect." "

“Everybody gets one (L)”

Since: Apr 09

Lansing, MI

#2 Nov 12, 2009
Really? Who the hell does she think she is?

Since: Jun 09

GR

#3 Nov 12, 2009
Nothing the democrat politicians say surprises me at this point. We know what they're about - state ownership and government control over everyone.

But do you democrat/independent voters feel the same way? Are you willing to go along with a government that declares from the moment you are born you are legally bound to purchase a product they produce?

It has never happened in the history of America. There is virtually no constitutional validity in this amount of government ownership of it's citizens.

If we allow an entirely partisan bill like this to pass, regardless of whether it's for a good cause, we've set in motion a precedent that might allow a government in the future to enact laws on any part of our lives. All they'd need is a certain number of votes.

Are you democrats and independents really willing to give up your liberty over a health care reform experiment?

“Go MSU Spartans!”

Since: Oct 08

Kalamazoo, MI

#4 Nov 12, 2009
I guess that means they'll start giving jail time for no job too. What a pretensious, disconnected, clueless bitch.

GR

#5 Nov 12, 2009
spartanman wrote:
I guess that means they'll start giving jail time for no job too. What a pretensious, disconnected, clueless bitch.
Oh, but Van Jones will offer you the chance to get out of jail and do a little community organizing dirty work for him. Not so bad really - kick a wheelchair-bound person here, slap a white woman there - all for the cause, ya know ...
SueT

Allegan, MI

#6 Nov 12, 2009
If they jailed people for being idiots Pelosi would spend the rest of her life in solitary confinement....

“Where I came from”

Since: Jan 09

the universe

#7 Nov 12, 2009
Lone Goat wrote:
Really? Who the hell does she think she is?
We don't have representatives any more we have kings, queens, and nobles, who want to rule not serve.

See you all in the dungeon.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#8 Nov 12, 2009
Good Day,

Notice her words (remember, they mean things). The bill is "fair" in this regard? Really?

However, is it just me or did the audio sound funny? I am not saying it is a fake... just odd.

Steelie
Chip

Grandville, MI

#9 Nov 12, 2009
Whatís next, jail time for those who oppose obamination?

“Where I came from”

Since: Jan 09

the universe

#10 Nov 12, 2009
Steelie wrote:
Good Day,
Notice her words (remember, they mean things). The bill is "fair" in this regard? Really?
However, is it just me or did the audio sound funny? I am not saying it is a fake... just odd.
Steelie
Odd alright, Its because it(pelosi) is not a person its a facsimile.

Location hidden

#11 Nov 12, 2009
Good Day,
Going Star Wars... So is she a "Stormtrooper Clone"? ;-) Well aa far as Dems are concerned... hehe. O.K., time for beddie bye... Well it is 11 p.m.(close enough).
Steelie

“lover”

Since: Feb 09

Dorr MI

#12 Nov 13, 2009
Nancy Pelosi was touring the countryside in a chauffeur-driven car. Suddenly, a cow jumps out into the road, they hit it full on, and the car comes to a stop. Nancy , in her usual charming manner, says to the chauffeur,'you get out and check - you were driving.
The chauffeur gets out, checks, and reports that the animal is dead but it was old.
'You were driving; go and tell the farmer,' says Nancy .
Two hours later, the chauffeur returns totally plastered, hair ruffled with a big grin on his face.
My God, what happened to you?' asks Nancy ...
The chauffeur replies:'When I got there, the farmer opened his best bottle of malt whisky, the wife gave me a slap-up meal and the daughter made love to me.
'What on earth did you say?' asks Nancy .
'I just knocked on the door and when it was answered, I said to them:'I'm Nancy Pelosiís chauffeur, and I've just killed the old cow.'

GR

#13 Nov 13, 2009
This is what I'm talking about. The liberals are all in a lather on the "Let's call FOX News liars" Thread, but not one of those nosebleeds cares to dive into an actual topic of importance.

I've been hopeful that there are at least a few reasonable democrats here capable of meaningful debate on the important issues we are all facing. Unfortunately, I may be proven wrong. I'm afraid we're not only in a war against terrorism, marxism and radical progressivism, but an entire voting sector of our population who are so ignorant they simply cannot grasp, or don't want to grasp, what's happening around them.

Are democrats really so stubbornly oblivious to the real issues that they refuse to even discuss them? Prove me wrong democrats. Please ... I know there are intelligent, America-loving democrats out there who can explain why they agree with this administration.
Thewayiseeit

Manistee, MI

#14 Nov 13, 2009
Freedom IS disappearing, and a shocking number of Americans do not see it. Hopefully the tide can be shifted in the next election. If not, there are very troubled times ahead.

“Everybody gets one (L)”

Since: Apr 09

Lansing, MI

#15 Nov 16, 2009
Living Large2 wrote:
Nancy Pelosi was touring the countryside in a chauffeur-driven car. Suddenly, a cow jumps out into the road, they hit it full on, and the car comes to a stop. Nancy , in her usual charming manner, says to the chauffeur,'you get out and check - you were driving.
The chauffeur gets out, checks, and reports that the animal is dead but it was old.
'You were driving; go and tell the farmer,' says Nancy .
Two hours later, the chauffeur returns totally plastered, hair ruffled with a big grin on his face.
My God, what happened to you?' asks Nancy ...
The chauffeur replies:'When I got there, the farmer opened his best bottle of malt whisky, the wife gave me a slap-up meal and the daughter made love to me.
'What on earth did you say?' asks Nancy .
'I just knocked on the door and when it was answered, I said to them:'I'm Nancy Pelosiís chauffeur, and I've just killed the old cow.'
WIN!

“Pig-O-Riffic!”

Since: Nov 08

Grand Rapids, MI

#16 Nov 16, 2009
All the more reasons for term limits. These people spend way too much time in D.C. and lose touch with all reality.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Barnesville, OH

#17 Nov 17, 2009
I'm going to drop my insurance and go to prison. Three squares and a roof over my head without working my butt off.
Solo

Muskegon, MI

#18 Nov 17, 2009
Let waterboard Nancy Pelosi. Maybe....she haswater on the brain now.

Location hidden

#19 Nov 18, 2009
Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
I'm going to drop my insurance and go to prison. Three squares and a roof over my head without working my butt off.
Dood Day,

Don't forget free healthcare!

Steelie
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Barnesville, OH

#20 Nov 18, 2009
Steelie wrote:
<quoted text>
Dood Day,
Don't forget free healthcare!
Steelie
Exactly! Kids are grown so they won't need me. I can workout all day and get back into shape, take in movies, read all the great conservative books on the NY Times list......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Holder is stepping down 50 min Kathy 8
Pen pals wanted! Would you like to be my pen pal? 55 min Kathy 5
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 5 hr Go Blue Forever 1,396
Bengazi is back 13 hr Oneal 153
One dead, another injured, in Montcalm Co. shoo... (Jun '08) 14 hr shutthefuckup 676
Benghazi Cash Grab! 19 hr Gville Jim 17
Obama Silent On 20 hr Gville Jim 3
Grand Rapids Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Grand Rapids Jobs

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Rapids

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]