First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Brighton, MI

#22 Jul 2, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Anyone have any thoughts on Quebec City or Montreal?
If you want a great experience go there. I have spent a lot of time there.... Traffic is harsh though like NYC North bad....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#23 Jul 2, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Never been there, but have several friends in the travel industry who have and didn't care for the rudeness of the people in either city.
I was also told that about Paris, but did'nt experience any rudeness.....not that the french aren't capable...lol...
Really

Wyoming, MI

#24 Jul 2, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I was also told that about Paris, but did'nt experience any rudeness.....not that the french aren't capable...lol...
My parents went to Paris because my Dad was in Paris during WWII 3 days after Paris was liberated. When they came home, they both said that they were disappointed at the rudeness of the French people.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#25 Jul 2, 2013
I loved it there, had the greatest greek food, i've ever had...curiously....Thought all over, could do with a good pressure cleaning, though.....Must have still been great for your folks....
Sassy

Grand Rapids, MI

#26 Jul 2, 2013
We were lucky enough to get a great trip to Jasper one year. It was beautiful. While we were in Banff there were some English people as we were walking around the great hotel there ( and yes we were staying there) saying how rude American's were. It was some little old lady and her friend. I said excuse me was I ever rude to you? She said no, and I told her I was American. She was generalizing. I simply said thank you and walked away.

We had a great time there, and would visit again. The people there came from all over the world. It was a great experience, and other than the one experience everyone was very friendly. Even the Moose.
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Probably told you this before, but....Seattle, Vancouver, BC and Victoria, BC.....was one of our finest vacations ever, and they are all real close to eachother....Greatest asian food, coffee, seafood....alot of real highlights....
Really

Wyoming, MI

#27 Jul 2, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
I loved it there, had the greatest greek food, i've ever had...curiously....Thought all over, could do with a good pressure cleaning, though.....Must have still been great for your folks....
Yeah, it was. They thoroughly enjoyed themselves between Paris and Austria. My Mom loved seeing Austria since "Sound of Music" was one of her favorite movies.

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#28 Jul 2, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I was also told that about Paris, but did'nt experience any rudeness.....not that the french aren't capable...lol...
Went to Paris also, my sister's college major was French, so she was living over there, and we all went over there to visit. I did witness some rudeness, but you cant condemn the French just because of the actions of a few. The little bit of rudeness was from a taxi driver, and some from people on the metro. We took a train ride to Switzerland, and stayed a couple of days in Zermot, right at the base of the Matterhorn, that was a beautiful place.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#29 Jul 2, 2013
Sassy wrote:
We were lucky enough to get a great trip to Jasper one year. It was beautiful. While we were in Banff there were some English people as we were walking around the great hotel there ( and yes we were staying there) saying how rude American's were. It was some little old lady and her friend. I said excuse me was I ever rude to you? She said no, and I told her I was American. She was generalizing. I simply said thank you and walked away.
We had a great time there, and would visit again. The people there came from all over the world. It was a great experience, and other than the one experience everyone was very friendly. Even the Moose.
<quoted text>
I agree and we were shocked that we fell in love with the Northwest, that fast......I have to be careful...when i was younger i fell in love with vacation places and want to move there....Got back to Michigan once, that way....lol....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#30 Jul 2, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, it was. They thoroughly enjoyed themselves between Paris and Austria. My Mom loved seeing Austria since "Sound of Music" was one of her favorite movies.
WE were in Salzburg...explored the castle, Obert Salzburg...ate at a famous restaurant, across the strasse from Mozart's birthplace....I've often thought, i could live nicely in Germany or Austria.....except the cold...lol...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#31 Jul 2, 2013
Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>Went to Paris also, my sister's college major was French, so she was living over there, and we all went over there to visit. I did witness some rudeness, but you cant condemn the French just because of the actions of a few. The little bit of rudeness was from a taxi driver, and some from people on the metro. We took a train ride to Switzerland, and stayed a couple of days in Zermot, right at the base of the Matterhorn, that was a beautiful place.
In the same restaurant i spoke of, we found some rude americans, and even worse from Detroit....my wife was from Flint...lol....it was a classy, numerous course dining style...they were crying for them to hurry, cause their bus was leaving....not very attractive.....they were on one of those 8 countries in 6 day tours....lol....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local News Women (Apr '09) 17 hr Shamus 2,338
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) Tue Go Blue Forever 1,565
Ladies - Make $$ w/ your feet Tue markymark4343 3
4-year-old boya s family asks driver who hit th... Tue Tah Boggin 4
And Yet Another Moonbat Insults Our Soldiers Mon Oneal 10
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Mon Dina 982
Treacherous roads, frozen pipes, and record war... Jan 26 Sneaky Pete 2
Grand Rapids Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:35 pm PST

Bleacher Report12:35PM
Who Benefits Most from Hiring of Gase?
Bleacher Report 5:14 PM
How Bears Can Make Most of Each Draft Pick
Bleacher Report 6:04 PM
Why Lions Must Draft CB Trae Waynes
Bleacher Report12:00 AM
3 Mistakes the Chicago Bears Can't Afford to Make This Offseason
Bleacher Report 9:15 AM
Tillman Hints at Return to Bears with Tweet