Back in Iraq. WMD's? oil?

Posted in the Grand Rapids Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#2 Aug 7, 2014
Probably would have been a good idea to leave some troops there!
But Iraq is Bush's war. Obama is the hero for getting our troops out, and leaving the people of Iraq and thousands of U.S. people who are still there vulnerable to attacks from terrorist's like ISIS.
What is odd, is that ISIS is an offshoot of the Muslim Brotherhood, and people from he Muslim Brotherhood have the highest count of visitors to the White House.
Go figure

Grandville, MI

#4 Aug 8, 2014
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
Air strikes are now authorized by Obama if necessary.
It's happening now!
Drones are dropping bombs, F-16's dropping them as well. The Kurd's in Northern Iraq have always been our friends over there, and I think that it is our duty to support them.
This "ISIS" group that is attacking Iraq needs to be stopped.
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#5 Aug 9, 2014
And while pipsqueak and rainbow blue find time to lob pointless troll comments on other threads, they remain submissively silent on the world-impacting subjects the celebrity-in-chief is now responsible for.

What happened to ending these wars with a handshake?

What happened to Obama's, "I can solve everything" arrogance?

Pipedream? Go Blue?? You voted for this guy. What happened??

So he runs into opposition from the other party and caves? He runs into the same obstacle every president experiences and decides it's best to just go attend fund raisers and birthday parties while lobbing drones at another country?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#6 Aug 9, 2014
Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>It's happening now!
Drones are dropping bombs, F-16's dropping them as well. The Kurd's in Northern Iraq have always been our friends over there, and I think that it is our duty to support them.
This "ISIS" group that is attacking Iraq needs to be stopped.
Hard to believe, our military left Iraq with a million man army, eh? Hope in the days to come, they are better at fighting, than parading.....

Grandville, MI

#7 Aug 9, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Hard to believe, our military left Iraq with a million man army, eh? Hope in the days to come, they are better at fighting, than parading.....
WOW, I'm surprised to hear you attack Obama like that Blue.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#8 Aug 9, 2014
Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>WOW, I'm surprised to hear you attack Obama like that Blue.
This forum is often partisan, just to be partisan.....I've mentioned several times, that i don't agree with any President on everything.....Sometimes it seems like we are forcing democracy into areas and people, that just don't get it......this is one....
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#9 Aug 9, 2014
Oneal wrote:
So he runs into opposition from the other party and caves?
President Obama didn't cave to anyone Stupid. He simply did what any rational president would do in dealing with this issue by taking a deliberate, cautious, reasoned approach after considering ALL credible intelligence collected and listening to advice from a wide range of military and political experts on the subject. This is what Obama has done in ordering a prudent measured military response to ISIS incursions into Kurd territory.

So you're being stupid again as usual -- blabbering the worn out bogus GOPher talking point that the current crisis in Iraq is Obama's fault because he didn't leave combat troops in country. I 'm not even going to bother posting links because why we didn't leave combat troops in country has been all over the web and in the media for months. The only ones who don't seem to want to accept the facts on it are dumbos like yourself.

Got news for you again. That bogus claim was debunked months ago stupid. Apparently you don't like the facts on this one either so you try spinning another blame Obama .

pipedream

Ann Arbor, MI

#13 Aug 10, 2014
kookierecluse wrote:
Obama realizes Iraq can't be "fixed" and he really doesn't give a deuce about the civilians. He's just being very calculated so as not to tip everyone off that truthfully he's seeking the same thing the terrorists are...the downfall of America. People like pipecream can't see the wolf in sheep clothing because they're too busy feeding out of his hand.
Its obvious where you do your lickin. Be careful Beck or Savage don't make any abrupt stops dickhead.
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#14 Aug 10, 2014
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
President Obama didn't cave to anyone Stupid. He simply did what any rational president would do in dealing with this issue by taking a deliberate, cautious, reasoned approach after considering ALL credible intelligence collected and listening to advice from a wide range of military and political experts on the subject. This is what Obama has done in ordering a prudent measured military response to ISIS incursions into Kurd territory.
So you're being stupid again as usual -- blabbering the worn out bogus GOPher talking point that the current crisis in Iraq is Obama's fault because he didn't leave combat troops in country. I 'm not even going to bother posting links because why we didn't leave combat troops in country has been all over the web and in the media for months. The only ones who don't seem to want to accept the facts on it are dumbos like yourself.
Got news for you again. That bogus claim was debunked months ago stupid. Apparently you don't like the facts on this one either so you try spinning another blame Obama .
You evidently still haven't gotten the talking points memo on the last thread you made an ass of yourself promising to debunk my comments. You slinked away like a coward on that one and now you're back at it again on another thread, posting nothing but meaningless hogwash in some deranged attempt to seem relevant.

The fact is Obama, the Nobel Peace Prize winner, the guy who ran on an anti-war campaign TWICE, just attacked Iraq again ... before dashing off the Martha's Vineyard for another vacation.

Meanwhile, even in Obama's home states of Illinois and Hawaii, democrat governors are trailing their republican opponents by large numbers in the polls. Obama's approval rating is at record lows. Basically, the only Americans trusting in this sham's abilities, or the progressive's philosophy, are the terminally ignorant, or hopelessly radicalized moonbat.

Which are you again?
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#16 Aug 10, 2014
kookierecluse wrote:
Obama realizes Iraq can't be "fixed" and he really doesn't give a deuce about the civilians. He's just being very calculated so as not to tip everyone off that truthfully he's seeking the same thing the terrorists are...the downfall of America. People like pipecream can't see the wolf in sheep clothing because they're too busy feeding out of his hand.
Agreed, except I think cowardly radicals like pipedream agree with the idea of the downfall of America, at least what they perceive as America from their class envy, low-level positions. They look at other radical ant-colonialists as heroes. It's just sheer ignorance, especially when you consider the idiot pipedream is a grown adult and should know better.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Highland, MI

#19 Aug 11, 2014
Rob wrote:
It's humanitarian only no boots on the ground. It's humanitarian and strikes only if need be no boots on the ground. It's strikes to clear a path and some boots on the ground to protect our Embassy but no boots on the ground. We will do strikes for months and evacuate some people from our embassy that we are protecting with some boots on the ground but we will have no boots on the ground.
Who wants to bet it will not change any more?
We were warned by them that they will come to America too. 3 years ago Obama could have reduced ISIS's ability to create this situation. It was even talked about on these very threads. The cowards that are not speaking here now are the same cowards that blew all of that off then.
APNewsBreak: US sending arms to Kurds in Iraq
But no boots on the ground!!!
The signals to the world are not exactly clear as they could be.
Special Forces are training Kurds I bet.....
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

South Lyon, MI

#21 Aug 11, 2014
Rob wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not saying they are not but the Kurds have already been trained by our Special Forces.
Yep, there are new generations.....
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#23 Aug 11, 2014
Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
<quoted text>Special Forces are training Kurds I bet.....
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/danieldoherty/20...

The United States is sending weapons to Kurdish forces in Iraq who have begun to roll back gains made by Sunni militants, a senior U.S. official confirmed to Fox News.
A senior State Department official told The Associated Press that the Kurds are "getting arms from various sources. They are being rearmed."

Providing weapons to Kurdish forces is a reversal of U.S. policy, which previously had only allowed for selling arms directly to the Iraqi government.

---

Boots on the ground or not? Did Obama pull out our troops or was he just (as he's now claiming) following Bush's lead?

The only thing that's certain is the "most transparent administration in history" will be anything but clear.

Grandville, MI

#25 Aug 11, 2014
Rob wrote:
It's humanitarian only no boots on the ground. It's humanitarian and strikes only if need be no boots on the ground. It's strikes to clear a path and some boots on the ground to protect our Embassy but no boots on the ground. We will do strikes for months and evacuate some people from our embassy that we are protecting with some boots on the ground but we will have no boots on the ground.
Who wants to bet it will not change any more?
We were warned by them that they will come to America too. 3 years ago Obama could have reduced ISIS's ability to create this situation. It was even talked about on these very threads. The cowards that are not speaking here now are the same cowards that blew all of that off then.
APNewsBreak: US sending arms to Kurds in Iraq
But no boots on the ground!!!
The signals to the world are not exactly clear as they could be.
No boots on the ground!
There are over 2,000 "advisors" over there.
Kudo's to Obama for sneaking some weapons in to the Kurd's to help them defend themselves. I just hope those weapons don't end up in the wrong hands like the ones Obama left there before did,
He seems to have a habit of leaving places, and then leaving weapons behind that end up in the wrong hands.
lilly_bedwetter

Grandville, MI

#26 Aug 12, 2014
Obama has blood on his hands as far as I am concerned, along with ALL the other Bush bashing liberals.

So hey, don't send troops, don't leave troops their, gush over muslims, hope you can live with yourselves.

Grandville, MI

#30 Aug 14, 2014
lilly_bedwetter wrote:
Obama has blood on his hands as far as I am concerned, along with ALL the other Bush bashing liberals.
So hey, don't send troops, don't leave troops their, gush over muslims, hope you can live with yourselves.
That's completely different!
Bush sent "troops" over there.
Obama just sent 3,000 "advisors" over there.
Those "advisors" have weapans, but it is just different now, because Obama did it.
You have to learn the difference.
Bush does it = not OK
Obama does it = OK
The Bush bashing liberals are silent on this, because Obama is doing the same thing!
lilly_bedwetter

Grandville, MI

#31 Aug 14, 2014
the ones running away have no weapons.

Spineless Obama.
mike

Oxford, MI

#34 Sep 9, 2014
If Obama goes in and protects the oil fields in Iraq will the left say he is only doing it for the oil? Let's see if he gets the same thing Bush got.
Phil

Oxford, MI

#35 Sep 12, 2014
mike wrote:
If Obama goes in and protects the oil fields in Iraq will the left say he is only doing it for the oil? Let's see if he gets the same thing Bush got.
We all know that answer.

Grandville, MI

#36 Sep 12, 2014
mike wrote:
That's totally different.
Even though Obama is doing the same exact thing Bush did, it's completely different because Obama is black, and a democrat. So, even though it's the same exact thing, it is completely different.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gorilla Shot Dead 9 hr Joe Balls 2
Local News Women (Apr '09) 14 hr intothegrv 2,631
News Alleged Salvation Army poser who invaded home, ... 15 hr Go Blue Forever 1
republican farce must stop . . . it's over GOP 15 hr Go Blue Forever 12
Poll Worst celebrity ever May 24 Idea Maker 7
Hot Sauce In Her Bag Swag! May 24 Idea Maker 23
News Book about boy in dress causes stir at Michigan... May 24 Idea Maker 29
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages