Pot heads should not have firarms

Posted in the Grand Rapids Forum

Comments (Page 6)

Showing posts 101 - 120 of360
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#111
Apr 28, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

I'll say again, I'm not for or against legalizing pot, and I can understand both sides of the argument.

I tend to lean more toward legalizing pot simply because it's similar in concept to alcohol, which has proven to be an incredibly profitable industry, supplying hundreds of thousands of jobs and tax revenue. I'm also rarely for government stepping in and telling us what we can and cannot do. But alcohol has caused immeasurable disaster and damage. It's dangerous and requires responsible personal management.

My biggest issue is with the potheads, who only want this to pass because they love to kill their already minimal brain cells, trying to convince people that pot is completely harmless and benign. As I stated before, pot, like any drug, alters your mind and slows your reaction and judgement. It's not harmless nor benign, and we need to consider this as responsible adults, not ignorant, impulsive adolescents who just want to be able to get high in public because you think it would be fun.
Rob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#112
Apr 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Oneal wrote:
I'll say again, I'm not for or against legalizing pot, and I can understand both sides of the argument.

I tend to lean more toward legalizing pot simply because it's similar in concept to alcohol, which has proven to be an incredibly profitable industry, supplying hundreds of thousands of jobs and tax revenue. I'm also rarely for government stepping in and telling us what we can and cannot do. But alcohol has caused immeasurable disaster and damage. It's dangerous and requires responsible personal management.

My biggest issue is with the potheads, who only want this to pass because they love to kill their already minimal brain cells, trying to convince people that pot is completely harmless and benign. As I stated before, pot, like any drug, alters your mind and slows your reaction and judgement. It's not harmless nor benign, and we need to consider this as responsible adults, not ignorant, impulsive adolescents who just want to be able to get high in public because you think it would be fun.
The only argument I would have with that is pot would not even come close to creating jobs or tax revenue that alcohol does. Not much to making pot and you can grow it yourself. It makes dumb people. We have enough of that already.
Look at Hank Johnson. Not only that, these dumb potheads stick to there own and elect fellow potheads. We should take away potheads right to vote if legalized.:)

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#113
Apr 28, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
Pot is addicting. Whether it's less addicting than other drugs matters not. Making it legal to obtain will increase the numbers of addicted people. Addicted people are desperate and will do most anything to get their fix. How many decades of violence and crime by people desperate to get money for drugs do we have to endure before people get a clue?
I'm not against nor am I for legalizing pot. I'm just tired of potheads claiming pot is such a tame, harmless drug. It's a drug. It's addicting. It alters your mind and slows your reaction time. Making it more readily available will increase crime and potential traffic accidents. You're going to have teens who have little sense and skill driving getting high and then getting behind the wheel of a 2,000 lb moving hunk of metal.
It's dangerous enough to have people fixated on their cellphones, texting while on the highway. Now imagine some "overly relaxed" teen with his/her eyes on a text message going 80 miles an hour on Michigan's obstacle-riddled highways. Slowed reactions time, mind-altered state, attention diverted .....
Innocent people are going to die because you need some stimulant to be happy.
Given your apparent limited understanding of the differing forms of addiction, your failure to attempt to do so so as to be completely informed when making comments, I'd say I'd rather have you be in the opposition side. That way when it comes to the nitty gritty you uninformed people will be defeated at every poll, study and elective process with regards to the legalization of cannibus for both medicinal and recreational purposes.
Keep spreading your false beliefs and unmerited "facts". Ignorance is bliss and you seem to be at the forefront.

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#114
Apr 28, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Rob wrote:
<quoted text>
The only argument I would have with that is pot would not even come close to creating jobs or tax revenue that alcohol does. Not much to making pot and you can grow it yourself. It makes dumb people. We have enough of that already.
Look at Hank Johnson. Not only that, these dumb potheads stick to there own and elect fellow potheads. We should take away potheads right to vote if legalized.:)
10 Billion Plus every year flowing south into Mexico every year.
I can see where your limited education would miss the possibility of 10 Billion creating jobs and tax revenue.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#115
Apr 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

NOBODY under the influence of ANY addiction SHOULD be GIVEN any item THAT could possibly HURT another..
Rob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#116
Apr 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>10 Billion Plus every year flowing south into Mexico every year.
I can see where your limited education would miss the possibility of 10 Billion creating jobs and tax revenue.
If we legalized it we could layoff the boarder agents who's job it is to stop the drugs coming across. We could layoff some of the federal employees and police in charge of stopping it. We could stop all these helicopters flying around with their sophisticated technically advanced cameras.(very expensive equipment that would no longer need to be built or even studied) those companies might need to lay people off too. Oh ya, Obama will have drones flying around anyway. Again, if legal you could grow it in your backyard.
I am not interested in the issue and am not pushing for any legislation. You potheads in my opinion should just leave well enough alone. If I have to vote on it, I will vote against the legalization with no second thought.

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#117
Apr 28, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Colorado Chick wrote:
NOBODY under the influence of ANY addiction SHOULD be GIVEN any item THAT could possibly HURT another..
I sure hope the parents of some kid addicted to computer games keep them away from pencils and pens.
We'll have to add that all places that sell or serve food ask the customer if they are addicted to gambling before giving them anything other than a spoon to eat with...and even that could be misused.
Of course we could go on with the addictions and associated or non-associated weapons (items)...
setrlvr

Lake Odessa, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#118
Apr 28, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
I sure hope the parents of some kid addicted to computer games keep them away from pencils and pens.
We'll have to add that all places that sell or serve food ask the customer if they are addicted to gambling before giving them anything other than a spoon to eat with...and even that could be misused.
Of course we could go on with the addictions and associated or non-associated weapons (items)...
Ogh...cough...where did you reach for that logic...your sock drawer? I haven't agreed with anything you've said, but that was a pathetic attempt....sheeesh
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#119
Apr 28, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Given your apparent limited understanding of the differing forms of addiction, your failure to attempt to do so so as to be completely informed when making comments, I'd say I'd rather have you be in the opposition side. That way when it comes to the nitty gritty you uninformed people will be defeated at every poll, study and elective process with regards to the legalization of cannibus for both medicinal and recreational purposes.
Keep spreading your false beliefs and unmerited "facts". Ignorance is bliss and you seem to be at the forefront.
Are you bi-polar or something?

First, I don't give a damn how you feel about my opinion. The FACT is pot IS a mind-altering drug. If you can't accept that then it's you who are blissfully living in ignorance. Don;t blame the people who are injecting common sense into this ridiculous debate.

In the end it's going to take more than stupid insults for you potheads to win this one, and if the bi-polar cranky Wiggley is any example of who's speaking for the pro-potheads, you'll be stuck seeking out your brain cell-killing pastime through seedy illegal means forever.
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#120
Apr 28, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
You might be looking at one in the Colorado shooting. Until all the facts are revealed you never know.
I believe the point made earlier of what some people do to get the money to buy drugs is a valid argument as well. Like any drug, you have people who want pot and cannot afford it. Pot my not be expensive right now, but once you legalize it and turn it into a taxable, commercialized industry the price will go up.
Is someone who's already inclined to willingly kill their own brain cells by smoking weed going to go out and get a second job so they can legally purchase it? Not likely. The FACTS reveal addicts are more inclined to commit crime than work an honest job to get their fix.
It's at least a valid argument. What do you think?
I think you're a F'ing idiot. I think NObody really cares what you think.

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#122
Apr 29, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

setrlvr wrote:
<quoted text>
Ogh...cough...where did you reach for that logic...your sock drawer? I haven't agreed with anything you've said, but that was a pathetic attempt....sheeesh
Really?? Are you actually totally incapable of logic or reasoning?

I responded to this..."NOBODY under the influence of ANY addiction SHOULD be GIVEN any item THAT could possibly HURT another.."

Please try to understand what addiction is and the variety of addictions and then look at the sheer insanity of what she said.

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#123
Apr 29, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you bi-polar or something?
First, I don't give a damn how you feel about my opinion. The FACT is pot IS a mind-altering drug. If you can't accept that then it's you who are blissfully living in ignorance. Don;t blame the people who are injecting common sense into this ridiculous debate.
In the end it's going to take more than stupid insults for you potheads to win this one, and if the bi-polar cranky Wiggley is any example of who's speaking for the pro-potheads, you'll be stuck seeking out your brain cell-killing pastime through seedy illegal means forever.
Nice diversion attempt...my comments were about your apparent limited understanding of addiction, not whether pot or any other drug is mind altering.
Typical tactic of someone who has lost a debate or can not properly address a point made.

Your concession is noted...
Kelp

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#124
Apr 29, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Oneal has limited knowledge of not only MJ and addictions but everything else he comments on here. Just read any of his pronouncements on gun control or Obamacare & you'll quickly see how confused he is & how limited he is on the subject matter. A looney tune everyway imaginable.
setrlvr

Lake Odessa, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#125
Apr 29, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Kelp wrote:
Oneal has limited knowledge of not only MJ and addictions but everything else he comments on here. Just read any of his pronouncements on gun control or Obamacare & you'll quickly see how confused he is & how limited he is on the subject matter. A looney tune everyway imaginable.
Do you mean "pothead meet kettle?"
Kelp

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#126
Apr 29, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

naw that means YOU setrlvr.

whats the matter? You don't have a job? Is that why you have so much time to troll these boards? You're on here posting Bull Shit
I guess to satisfy your pathetic need for attention?
Phil

Ortonville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#127
Apr 29, 2013
 
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>Really?? Are you actually totally incapable of logic or reasoning?

I responded to this..."NOBODY under the influence of ANY addiction SHOULD be GIVEN any item THAT could possibly HURT another.."

Please try to understand what addiction is and the variety of addictions and then look at the sheer insanity of what she said.
Common!!! I'm sure she was not talking about a addiction to chocolate!!! We all know what she meant. Use the logic and reasoning your talking about!
Phil

Ortonville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#128
Apr 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>Nice diversion attempt...my comments were about your apparent limited understanding of addiction, not whether pot or any other drug is mind altering.
Typical tactic of someone who has lost a debate or can not properly address a point made.

Your concession is noted...
The addiction is not the problem. Mind altering is. Talk about tactics of those that lost the debate not addressing the point.

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#130
Apr 29, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
The addiction is not the problem. Mind altering is. Talk about tactics of those that lost the debate not addressing the point.
According to the diversion tactic deployed by your friend, addiction is a problem...re-connect to the discussion, take another pill, and have a nice day...
And while you are at it, please list 1, just 1, pain killing prescription drug that is neither mind altering or addictive.

Thanks in advance
Phil

Ortonville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#131
Apr 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>According to the diversion tactic deployed by your friend, addiction is a problem...re-connect to the discussion, take another pill, and have a nice day...
And while you are at it, please list 1, just 1, pain killing prescription drug that is neither mind altering or addictive.

Thanks in advance
That's the problem with having a discussion with a pothead. You are comparing apples to oranges and trying to make a point of it. Addiction has a lot to do with the person. People respond differently. Tylenol, aspirin, and ibuprofen are nowhere near the same and have a much less mind altering effect. That is stupid comparison. Now if you are just talking about prescribed pain killers it is still not the same mind altering effect. Besides all this, are you trying to say pot is a painkiller?
free thinker

Southfield, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#134
Apr 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

vox veritatis wrote:
Pot smokers aren't violent? Tell that the victims of the Boston bombing:
http://ricochet.com/main-feed/Boston-Bomber-L...
And the Virginia Tech mass shooting and the Colorado Theater mass shooting and Columbine.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 101 - 120 of360
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Grand Rapids Forum right now

Search the Grand Rapids Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Tea party the AmeicanTaliban 6 hr Dr X 28
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 8 hr Go Blue Forever 897
Suspect On The Run Following Robbery At ATM 10 hr Batch 37 Pain Is Good 1
Do you approve of Mary Hollinrake as County Cle... (Feb '12) 13 hr Dhead 8
What about the Malaysian jetliner? 16 hr Cookie 11
See which historic homes will be on the Heritag... Thu Coretta 1
Get Ready To Pay More For Food. Thu Phil 33
•••
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••