One shot near E. Kentwood High

The Kent County Sheriff's Department has confirmed that officers are responding to a shooting near the intersection of 60th and Crestmoor. Full Story
Patty

United States

#61 Oct 23, 2008
Shelter in place, but stuck in 4th hour according to my daughter. Will get out on time and incident has nothing to do with EKHS other than its across the street and involves a former student, but its nice to know that regardless if it is full lock down or shelter in place, that the school is protecting the kids from, at that time, some unknown incident that there were to many questions about. Who cares what you call it, as long as the kids are safe
mhmm

Ypsilanti, MI

#62 Oct 23, 2008
thats right, your kids are there and have no idea whats going on. they make stuff up, they prolly all have straight A's untill report cards come out too.
Jessica

Jackson, MI

#63 Oct 23, 2008
It was so scary no one knew what was happening right away at the high school and we were locked in our class rooms.
Are you Serious

Macomb, MI

#64 Oct 23, 2008
ListenUpNow wrote:
I'm texting kids I know there too. They are stuck in 4th hour. Big gang-like area where the shooting happened.
Are you even from the area. That area is not full of gangs. It happens to be pretty nice over there. Im sick of everyone thinking that Kentwood is crawling with gangs.
Parent

Detroit, MI

#65 Oct 23, 2008
Kudos to the school district and the safety/security staff for following protocol!!! I send my child to school daily knowing full well that he is safe and the district has these exact policies and protocols they must follow to protect all students. The bottom line is that no matter how many precautions and plans that are put into place terrible things are still going to happen. Just be thankful that you are part of a school district that cares about your child and has a staff as well as safety and security personnel dedicated to protecting your children!

“I LOVE MY KIDS AND MY MOMMY”

Since: Mar 08

Kentwood

#66 Oct 23, 2008
Dana Battle was shot-ex- ek student-unfortunately he and his family are friends of ours.
gun control

Southfield, MI

#67 Oct 23, 2008
It must be extremely expensive to have to throw away a gun every time you "bust a cap" in somebody.

Since: Jul 08

Grandville, MI

#68 Oct 23, 2008
Drug deal gone wrong....
NRA

Southfield, MI

#69 Oct 23, 2008
I'd love to hear these guys describe to their homies how they just "shot em right in the PELVIS".
mom of two

Grand Blanc, MI

#70 Oct 23, 2008
my kids are in lock down and in a shelter place... they go to discovery elementry, right down the street from where the shooting happend... i know for fact, because we went on a field trip this morning and came back to see the principal meet us at the bus stating they were in lock down... i live a block away from the shooting.. and can see the police in the back yard doing there investigation. talk about crazy... but at least the kids at school are safe..

Since: Oct 08

Lansing, MI

#71 Oct 23, 2008
Actually my kids DO have straight A's now and when report cards come out....While you are being funny acting, do you even have kids? This is a serious situation. Which if brought up correctly, you would know that it is NOT a time for sarcasm! There are people worried about their children! If you have nothing to say fact related or otherwise as a comfort measure, then you should keep your opinion as just that...NOTHING!
brown2

Lansing, MI

#72 Oct 23, 2008
What would you say to a young wanna be thug who keeps getting kicked out of school for fighting and the other person is not?
tremom

Franklin, MI

#73 Oct 23, 2008
This is a prime example of studio gangsters! How stupid and ignorant. Its no wonder there are so many stereotypes on the black race. This is absolutely pointless. Get an education and try to be a productive citizen is what I was taught. Dummies!

“I LOVE MY KIDS AND MY MOMMY”

Since: Mar 08

Kentwood

#74 Oct 23, 2008
NOPE not drug deal. Dana was walking home-he lives 2 blocks from there - Guys in the car were trying to steal his coat. He is going to be OK.
EK Student

Grand Rapids, MI

#75 Oct 23, 2008
Im in school right now, and im drinking and hittin a big fat joint in the b-room. No one is going to catch me because everyone is in "Lockdown."
just glad its over

Grand Rapids, MI

#76 Oct 23, 2008
lets all be thank ful that the kids are out

Since: Oct 08

Lansing, MI

#77 Oct 23, 2008
Well now that we know the child is safe and not in life a threatening situation. I am leaving this conversation. Everyone have a great day! Thank GOD that schools have enough sense to maintain our childrens safety throughout the day, Thank You EKHS for taking precautions against a terrible incident that happened in the area.
Get A Grip

Grand Rapids, MI

#78 Oct 23, 2008
Go walfare state
falcons all the way

Grand Rapids, MI

#80 Oct 23, 2008
apparently prisons near by or being imobalized just in case they had anything to do with it
Truth 007

Grand Rapids, MI

#82 Oct 23, 2008
FOB wrote:
isn't this around the same location that the Creston High student was shot/killed a couple weeks ago?
Nope no where near there

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New chiropractic tool treats back pain without ... (Apr '08) 8 hr Wisdom 228
2014 wastebook 12 hr Heirich V Moelstr... 3
upsy daisy 22 hr bobolinq 1
WLLA channel 64 - off the air? (Feb '12) Thu Sharon 9
Local News Women (Apr '09) Thu Casual Shoes 2,317
Back in Iraq. WMD's? oil? Wed No_More_Dems 106
Obama and cocaine addicts Oct 22 Leroy 11
Grand Rapids Dating
Find my Match

Grand Rapids Jobs