One shot near E. Kentwood High

One shot near E. Kentwood High

There are 313 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Oct 23, 2008, titled One shot near E. Kentwood High. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

The Kent County Sheriff's Department has confirmed that officers are responding to a shooting near the intersection of 60th and Crestmoor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 16
Next Last
mybabies

Denver, CO

#1 Oct 23, 2008
Oh EK IS on lockdown been in constant communication with my kids via text!
FOB

Wyoming, MI

#2 Oct 23, 2008
isn't this around the same location that the Creston High student was shot/killed a couple weeks ago?
Falconm0m

Grand Rapids, MI

#3 Oct 23, 2008
This has nothing to do with EKHS. It happened near the school and this is a precaution. They could have used an intersection near the assault, like they do in GR.
Nashia

Grand Rapids, MI

#4 Oct 23, 2008
i am a student of east kentwood, i hope everyone is alright and things will end up good .
Deep Thinker

Almont, MI

#5 Oct 23, 2008
Wow..not good at all. Hope he is okay and they find the person(s) responsible.

SENSELESS!!!!
tom

Greenville, MI

#6 Oct 23, 2008
shot at mid day, across from the high school.
when they catch the shooter, they'll say 'he such a good boy, and he never would do nuthin' like that, don't know whut happened cuz he didn't do nuthin' with no drugs'.
white, black, hispanic, whatever, and he won't have a father at home, of course.
could be wrong, but that's a common scenario.
yeah

United States

#7 Oct 23, 2008
not even close!
tom

Greenville, MI

#8 Oct 23, 2008
he'll also likely have some priors, and the victim also.

Since: Jul 08

Greeley, CO

#9 Oct 23, 2008
I'm texting kids I know there too. They are stuck in 4th hour. Big gang-like area where the shooting happened.
That sick b tch

Lyons, IL

#10 Oct 23, 2008
FOB wrote:
isn't this around the same location that the Creston High student was shot/killed a couple weeks ago?
Wrong side of town...they are no where near eachother!

WHY is the school saying it's NOT in lockdown, but all the KIDS are saying it is?!?! Does the school think none of these kids are communicating with their parents/friends/etc?
howdy

Salt Lake City, UT

#11 Oct 23, 2008
Nashia wrote:
i am a student of east kentwood, i hope everyone is alright and things will end up good .
I hope everyone is alright too. But, if you are a student "of" EKHS, why are you on a Topix forum and not in school?(Unless you are using a school computer to scan conversations).
mel

Grandville, MI

#12 Oct 23, 2008
FOB wrote:
That was Kalamazoo and 32nd or 36th
In Kentwood

Colorado Springs, CO

#13 Oct 23, 2008
Talk about people just trying to talk. The School contacted WoodTV and said the school was not on lockdown. Law enforcement told them they were, but the school called and said no they were not. SO please quit the "my kid is texting me from there" stuff.
joe

Grandville, MI

#14 Oct 23, 2008
Falconm0m wrote:
This has nothing to do with EKHS. It happened near the school and this is a precaution. They could have used an intersection near the assault, like they do in GR.
the kid shot was 17, so could be a student
Oops

Lyons, IL

#15 Oct 23, 2008
Double post...no way to delete? Sorry folks :)
SE Side Mother

Birmingham, MI

#16 Oct 23, 2008
FOB wrote:
NO.
mybabies

Denver, CO

#17 Oct 23, 2008
pinewood is shelter in place-high school full lock down----just confirmed with both kids!
mybabies

Denver, CO

#18 Oct 23, 2008
mel wrote:
<quoted text>
That was Kalamazoo and 32nd or 36th
Kzoo and Burton-
Falconm0m

Grand Rapids, MI

#19 Oct 23, 2008
Not a lockdown, but a shelter in place. Just like you would do at home - lock the doors and don't let anyone in or out. My son is a student and he says everything is fine. No one is freaking out.
hmmm

Lyons, IL

#20 Oct 23, 2008
In Kentwood wrote:
Talk about people just trying to talk. The School contacted WoodTV and said the school was not on lockdown. Law enforcement told them they were, but the school called and said no they were not. SO please quit the "my kid is texting me from there" stuff.
It's not just on here that people are saying that though...comments over at 13 parents are saying the same thing!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local News Women (Apr '09) 4 hr WMNewsfan 3,168
Quote of the Day (Jun '08) Wed Kelly Joanne Cannon 2,851
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Jan 14 Wren 1,215
News Trump to end campaign in Michigan Monday with G... (Nov '16) Jan 12 Oneal 25
Why are Christian Reformed people idiots? (May '11) Jan 11 nowiknowbetter 177
Sick of the Bernstein Advantage? (Jun '09) Jan 1 Magic markers 24
Why do people act ghetto? I am talking about al... (Dec '12) Dec 30 RonDon 54

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages