“Bob spelled backwards is Bob”

Since: Jan 09

Grandville, MI

#21 Feb 23, 2009
My Grandma and cousins lived right behind Rodgers Plaza, as a kid we walked there and hung out, bought icecream on the corner of Clyde Park and 28th. It was so safe then, now the area has it's problems from what I hear.

“Dude, Where's my car?”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#22 Feb 23, 2009
Bob338 wrote:
<quoted text>I kew a guy that worked as a cook there back in the 80's, he said they had roaches. After that I never ate there, YUK!!!
I just remember it as a kid, say the early 70's. It was a real treat because our family rarely went out to eat. They did go downhill fast towards the end. I can believe it about roaches. I worked in Restaurants when I was in High School though and I know some stories about restaurants that would make you never want to eat at them ever again!

Since: Oct 07

Cloud Nine

#23 Feb 23, 2009
Bob338 wrote:
<quoted text>I kew a guy that worked as a cook there back in the 80's, he said they had roaches. After that I never ate there, YUK!!!
I worked there in 1984/85. Do you remember the guys first name? Yes they did have roaches really bad. It was nasty.

Since: Oct 07

Cloud Nine

#24 Feb 23, 2009
Bob338 wrote:
My Grandma and cousins lived right behind Rodgers Plaza, as a kid we walked there and hung out, bought icecream on the corner of Clyde Park and 28th. It was so safe then, now the area has it's problems from what I hear.
What a really small world we live in, my friend. My Grandma lived in the apartments on the corner of Clyde Park and 28th St., behind Fruit Basket. She would come out to our house in Hudsonville every Sunday and when we brought her home we would go to the Dairy Queen for icecream.
Tin Star

Macomb, MI

#25 Feb 23, 2009
Lee's Town and Country, The pharmacy next door that had a soda fountain. The party's in the Allegan woods. Cindy Kopenal

Grandville, MI

#26 Feb 23, 2009
EmmaRae wrote:
<quoted text>
I worked there in 1984/85. Do you remember the guys first name? Yes they did have roaches really bad. It was nasty.
His name was Brian.

“O__o ?”

Since: May 08

Grandville

#27 Feb 23, 2009
oma2 wrote:
WLAV raft race
Ohhhh I remember the raft races, those were a blast!
deb

Wyoming, MI

#28 Feb 23, 2009
EmmaRae wrote:
<quoted text>
Also had jump land in front of the Beltline Drive-in. I remember going there for my 10th birthday party.
Anyone remember the Come-Back (It was spelled differently, but topix's thinks it is a bad word) Resturant on 28th St., near Michael.
I can remember my parents taken us kids there. Best burgers in town.
I don't remember eating at Come-Backs but my mother (who really didn't care for burgers) said they were the best.
twisted

Wyoming, MI

#29 Feb 23, 2009
Does anyone remember Farrows ice cream parlor that used to be by Woodland Mall? My parents took me there a lot, and if you ordered a Farrows Zoo they would bring it out on a stretcher and have a siren going while running through the restuarant with it.

“O__o ?”

Since: May 08

Grandville

#30 Feb 23, 2009
uh oh wrote:
I loved eating at the Sweden House.
My Grandparents( God rest their souls) used to take us to eat there when I was a kid.
Oh yeah, Come backs. Excellent.
Anybody remember Kewpies? SP It was on 28th st right by the Anazeh Sands.
I remember Kewpies.

I remember eating at Sveden House with my parents once on a Sunday afternoon after church. A huge cockroach walked up the wall by our table. I had a fit, dad just knocked it down with his fist and then mom told the servers and we got our money back. Never went back there again.

Grandville, MI

#31 Feb 23, 2009
EmmaRae wrote:
<quoted text>
What a really small world we live in, my friend. My Grandma lived in the apartments on the corner of Clyde Park and 28th St., behind Fruit Basket. She would come out to our house in Hudsonville every Sunday and when we brought her home we would go to the Dairy Queen for icecream.
Yes it seems we have alot of things, and experiences in life, in commen! And yes it is a small world! Somehow we are going to have to meet you this summer maybe 4th of July during the parade? We can figure that out later, hope you had a great day!

“Almost as Sweet as Gunpowder”

Since: Oct 08

United States

#32 Feb 23, 2009
I remember the old above ground brick enclosed strange pool thing in Lincoln Park and the old bleachers at Lamar Park's baseball diamond.

United States

#33 Feb 23, 2009
Pour Arthur's, too.
Chelsea Sooner

Lansing, MI

#34 Feb 23, 2009
The free concerts Friday nights at Monroe Mall Amphitheater. Saw Great White down there. Good times.

BTW: Wyoming isn't so bad to take the kids for a walk to the library on Michael and stop for ice cream.
joan

Wyoming, MI

#35 Feb 23, 2009
twisted wrote:
Does anyone remember Farrows ice cream parlor that used to be by Woodland Mall? My parents took me there a lot, and if you ordered a Farrows Zoo they would bring it out on a stretcher and have a siren going while running through the restuarant with it.
Yes, I do remember that place, I think it was spelled Farrells. They have a couple in Hawaii and 1 or 2 in Ca. I heard the Marriott bought.
Chelsea Sooner

Lansing, MI

#36 Feb 23, 2009
Bob338 wrote:
Heard the same thing about Yesterdog. Haven't been back in years.
jim

Belleville, MI

#37 Feb 23, 2009
I wish I had gone to a WLAV raft race, I was just 15 when they cancelled it, because I guess someone died or got hurt or something.

I miss the Mr. Fables resturaunts! they had the best onion ring's !! mmmmmmmmm

Grandville, MI

#38 Feb 23, 2009
Sheriff_Garrett wrote:
Pour Arthur's, too.
Isn't pour Arthur's still around?
upnorthscott

United States

#39 Feb 23, 2009
How about burger chef at 36th and division?

United States

#40 Feb 23, 2009
Bob338 wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't pour Arthur's still around?
No, they're out of business. The carnival-looking place is shut up and there's a sign outside that says "Thanks for the 35? years."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 1 hr Buffalo Bull 1,491
Lets Chat (Mar '08) 15 hr Trouser Cough 40,169
Al Sharpton's Marchers in New York City Chant "... Tue Gville Jim 5
facts of life Tue Sneaky Pete 6
Experience a historical Christmas in downtown G... Tue Mr Wiggley 69
50 Most Influential Women in West Michigan (Mar '08) Tue knowwhatitslike 47
Put Tolls on Our Interstate Highways Dec 21 SLY WEST 24
Grand Rapids Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info