Head-on crash closes M37

Head-on crash closes M37

There are 128 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Apr 20, 2009, titled Head-on crash closes M37. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

M37 is closed at Parmalee Road and Stimson after two cars crashed head on. AeroMed is arriving on the scene to handle injuries.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
momof3kids

United States

#1 Apr 20, 2009
Thoughts and prayers to the family of these people
HEY

Alto, MI

#2 Apr 20, 2009
:o
just me

Aurora, CO

#3 Apr 20, 2009
was on my way back to GR from Middleville just after this happened. I seen aeromed on their way.

thoughts and prayers and with the families.
grmom

Loveland, CO

#4 Apr 20, 2009
Thoughts and prayers are with these families.
Great sarrow

Jackson, MI

#5 Apr 20, 2009
SUVs and Pick-up truck drivers are killing people every day in this sorry country.

Bigger, better, pushy and more is their motto.

Me, me, me, and get out of my way or die.
SUV

Wayland, MI

#6 Apr 20, 2009
Great sarrow wrote:
SUVs and Pick-up truck drivers are killing people every day in this sorry country.
Bigger, better, pushy and more is their motto.
Me, me, me, and get out of my way or die.
Yeah stupid let's all drive little tiny hybrids because they hold up so well when you hit a tree. Really get you around in the Mich winters. SUV's and trucks do not kill it is idiot drivers in ANY kind of vehicles that do. How do you know that a pick up or suv caused this crash. Go eat your granola.
RKZL

United States

#7 Apr 20, 2009
I got in an accident not far from this spot on M-37 last spring. It is a BAD BAD road, needs to be divided, deadly accidents here every other day. God bless the victims and their families. DRIVE SAFE ON M-37, SAVE YOUR LIFE!
Wendy

Greenville, MI

#8 Apr 20, 2009
Great sarrow wrote:
SUVs and Pick-up truck drivers are killing people every day in this sorry country.
Bigger, better, pushy and more is their motto.
Me, me, me, and get out of my way or die.
If you can't say anything reassuring to these families, then please shut your mouth and don't say anything at all. Someone's family member just died, and here you are complaining about SUVs and Pickup drivers! Seriously, grow up and learn sympathy!
James

United States

#9 Apr 20, 2009
If you ask me its the proliferation of drug culture in the Middleville area that is much higher than surrounding communities; despite that it is unurban. Everyone driving around in this area is 1) drunk 2) high 3) high on narcotics or 4) a combination of the first three. Thus, more accidents all throughout the area because no one is 'with' their senses. Innocent motorists just need to be all the more careful out here.
sandman

Hastings, MI

#10 Apr 20, 2009
James wrote:
If you ask me its the proliferation of drug culture in the Middleville area that is much higher than surrounding communities; despite that it is unurban. Everyone driving around in this area is 1) drunk 2) high 3) high on narcotics or 4) a combination of the first three. Thus, more accidents all throughout the area because no one is 'with' their senses. Innocent motorists just need to be all the more careful out here.
WOW!! that has got to be the stupidest thing I have ever heard.... One more time this is your brain on drugs.... jerk!
mid99

Grand Rapids, MI

#11 Apr 20, 2009
James wrote:
If you ask me its the proliferation of drug culture in the Middleville area that is much higher than surrounding communities; despite that it is unurban. Everyone driving around in this area is 1) drunk 2) high 3) high on narcotics or 4) a combination of the first three. Thus, more accidents all throughout the area because no one is 'with' their senses. Innocent motorists just need to be all the more careful out here.
odd... i am a firefighter for thornapple township, and i can't recall the last time we had a car accident that involved 1) being drunk 2) being high 3) being high on narcotics (which is not much different than #2)
so your comment is alittle off...
AND not to mention the comment about being a big truck or SUV killing people.. well lets just say it wasnt the truck drivers fault. think before you speak idiot.
These are people lives you all are talking about here. Maybe think about your own family and getting that phone call or notice that your loved one is gone, then you can comment... but this is a blog so anyone can say anthing because they have no face and you know someone would probably kick your a$$ if you said it in public.
MiddlevilleLady

United States

#12 Apr 20, 2009
James wrote:
If you ask me its the proliferation of drug culture in the Middleville area that is much higher than surrounding communities; despite that it is unurban. Everyone driving around in this area is 1) drunk 2) high 3) high on narcotics or 4) a combination of the first three. Thus, more accidents all throughout the area because no one is 'with' their senses. Innocent motorists just need to be all the more careful out here.
James...
GET REAL! Middleville does not have a drug problem. Also...What does that have to do with ANYTHING? Do you KNOW what happened tonight? Do you KNOW that drugs were involved?
People making generic/random statements should have their comments deleted. Someone died tonight. Have some respect.
news boards

United States

#13 Apr 20, 2009
These are boards about the news and anything related.

Family message sites are at the funeral home website.

You're at a news board Einstein.

SUVs and P/Us are death machines and people diving them are the same, killers.

“love, loyalty, friendship”

Since: Sep 08

Dutchville

#14 Apr 20, 2009
James wrote:
If you ask me its the proliferation of drug culture in the Middleville area that is much higher than surrounding communities; despite that it is unurban. Everyone driving around in this area is 1) drunk 2) high 3) high on narcotics or 4) a combination of the first three. Thus, more accidents all throughout the area because no one is 'with' their senses. Innocent motorists just need to be all the more careful out here.
That's not true. There are no more accidents in Middleville than anywhere else nor are there more drunk/high drivers.

Get a clue.
Carrie143

Caledonia, MI

#15 Apr 20, 2009
I have to agree what does owning a truck or suv have to do with an accident? Doesn't matter what you drive! And as far as Middleville having a drug problem YOU obviously are not from here BECAUSE there is not one!! My thoughts and prayers are with the families...
A nurse

Aiken, SC

#16 Apr 20, 2009
EXCUSE ME???? I live in that area and I have NEVER driven drunk and/or high in my life, I know I can say the same for the majority of my friends and neighbors. There are many fine people here, what a rude and nasty thing to say.

My sincere sympathy to the family who lost a loved one tonight.

“friends are forever”

Since: Dec 08

Sparta

#17 Apr 20, 2009
Prayers going up for the families of those involved in this accident. God be with you.
lifes to short

United States

#18 Apr 20, 2009
I feel so bad for the family that just lost a loved one. I really hope the other family does not have to also.
mid99

Grand Rapids, MI

#19 Apr 20, 2009
news boards wrote:
These are boards about the news and anything related.
Family message sites are at the funeral home website.
You're at a news board Einstein.
SUVs and P/Us are death machines and people diving them are the same, killers.
Send me to prison! I drive a truck!!! guess what fool, i have never seen an SUV or Truck put themselves in gear and run people off the road. Just because someone got killed that was driving a truck doesnt mean they had any intention of getting in accident and hurting/killing someone.
babybird71974

United States

#21 Apr 20, 2009
That stretch of M-37 is pretty dangerous. It's narrow and curvy and the cross streets are often at odd angles. I drive really carefully right there and I hope others take heed with this accident.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local News Women (Apr '09) 16 hr WMNewsFan 3,098
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Nov 16 Lisa 1,190
News 'Okay to be White' signs popping up in Grand Haven Nov 14 Sad Bastard 1
The pain is everywhere! (May '13) Nov 12 DrugsRbadMmmkay 74
social networking - your drug of choice (Jul '14) Nov 12 DrugsRbadMmmkay 2
Understanding Pain (Feb '10) Nov 11 DrugsRbadMmmkay 54
War On Drugs: Complete Failure (Sep '10) Nov 11 DrugsRbadMmmkay 9

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages