Update: Man charged in daycare CSC investigation

Full story: WZZM Grand Rapids

PLAINFIELD TOWNSHIP - We now know the name of a man accused of improper actions at a local daycare.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of221
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
HELP

Ypsilanti, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2007

Novacaine wrote:
He has not been found guilty yet and so far you poeple have crusified him. So far it is the word of an angry girl. Just let it play out in court before you judge someone.
WHAT DO YOU KNOW! ARE YOU IN TOUCH WITH THE MAN!
HAVE YOU SPOKEN TO THE ATHORITIES. DONT THINK SO
Novacaine

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2007

HELP wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT DO YOU KNOW! ARE YOU IN TOUCH WITH THE MAN!
HAVE YOU SPOKEN TO THE ATHORITIES. DONT THINK SO
As a matter of fact I know alot more of this case than you might think. Why do you find it necessary to respond to everyone esle's opinion?

“I'm Just That Kinda Guy”

Since: Nov 07

Grand Rapids

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2007

yes 17 years......and as a matter of fact i do know him, he is my uncle, and would greatly appreciate it if you don't judge a book by its cover.

“Personal responsibility is key”

Since: Aug 07

West Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2007

Just want to say a few things to those who "know" this man and are defending him..

Do you think that all pedophiles and child rapists have it written on their forehead or elsewhere for all to be seen? Do you think that they broadcast their transgressions to their family, their friends?

As people, we all have secrets, we all have 'skeletons' in our closets. Most are petty and insignificant. But for some, those secrets we hold are left secrets for a reason... like to not get caught or because of their heinousness- or both.

No one really knows a person, except for that person. And heck, sometimes that person doesnt even know themselves!

Your typical pedophile is someone one would NEVER suspect. They are dads, brothers, uncles, pastors, upstanding members of the community. Yes, seemingly good people can, in the privacy of their homes, be monsters. Happens all the time. Pedophiles dont walk around with signs, they dont tell their loved ones what they do. They put up an excellent front to those around them, so that no one will suspect a thing.

Why do you think that you can't see him ever doing this? Because he has 'played' the game well, obviously.

It all comes down to the saying "You think you know a person...."
beautiful soul

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

missy wrote:
i agree chop it off. i'm not so sure that the home should be able to keep business going. he** give em the death penalty..people who do these things to kids should not live. if it were my kids i would have went crazy..i feel bad for the child..
hey uhmm i totally agree with you on ur opinion but i happen to know this guy and i know that this is not true. This is just a cause from a angry girl who is in desperate need of attention.. he was not the only one accused of this, a young man age 18-19 was also accused. He is a college student who would never hurt a fly, i used to date him and he is the sweetest loving boy i ever knew. He has a good head on his shoulders. The girl is accusing these guys of something that never has happend. if you knew all th emajor details of this investigation and you were apart of it you would know that it was all just a lie. just thought that u should know
beautiful soul

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

and also, everyone who is reading this you need to remember everyone is innocent until proven guilty. Everyone hears one little bit of information and thinks they can just stick there head in and say whatever kind of shit they want to say. you dont know the person so stop talking like you know them. If people know him or not it does not matter, everyone is innocent until proven guilty. maybe you should look at some of the other facts about the investigation before you start accusing someone. The way people talk hurts alot of people who are involved in this people need to let it be and stop talking so much shit especially since u are not involved! how would u like to sit in a cell for the rest of your life for something that you got accused of happening that actually didnt. you would feel pretty shitty. thats what this man is going through right now. everyone just needs to stop talking and keep there comments to thereselves because it does not concern them!

West Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

beautiful soul wrote:
and also, everyone who is reading this you need to remember everyone is innocent until proven guilty. Everyone hears one little bit of information and thinks they can just stick there head in and say whatever kind of shit they want to say. you dont know the person so stop talking like you know them. If people know him or not it does not matter, everyone is innocent until proven guilty. maybe you should look at some of the other facts about the investigation before you start accusing someone. The way people talk hurts alot of people who are involved in this people need to let it be and stop talking so much shit especially since u are not involved! how would u like to sit in a cell for the rest of your life for something that you got accused of happening that actually didnt. you would feel pretty shitty. thats what this man is going through right now. everyone just needs to stop talking and keep there comments to thereselves because it does not concern them!
Unless you are with him every minute of every day, you cannot say that he for sure did not do it.

As said in a previous post of mine, you are ignorant if you beleive that the only people who do things like this are 'bad' people.

Most pedophiles are your average guy- very nice, very friendly, very sweet,'would never hurt a fly'. Pedophiles dont walk around telling people what they are doing. To the contrary, they do the exact opposite and do all that they can to make people think that 'they would never hurt a fly'.

Just because someone 'seems' like a great person does not mean that they don't have a 'dark side' that they dont show anybody-except their victims.

You are naive if you think only tough, mean, grisled 'bad guys' do bad things.
josh

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

Kim wrote:
This is so sad for the child. This child will be scarred for life. The creep needs to be hanged....imagine from where I amthinking of.
umm hello here what the frick do you think thats ok. you nut. yeah i know what he did was wrong but it happens every day in america. How would you feel if that was you, and someone said that. You are fricken crazy.
HELP

Ypsilanti, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

MAYBE YOU SHOULD OPEN YOUE EYES. THIS IS VERY HURTFUL FOR YOU TO ATTACK THE CHILD. THAT IS VERY STUPID.
beautiful soul wrote:
HELP

Ypsilanti, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

THANKYOU VERY TRUE.
Pprmint Patti wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you are with him every minute of every day, you cannot say that he for sure did not do it.
As said in a previous post of mine, you are ignorant if you beleive that the only people who do things like this are 'bad' people.
Most pedophiles are your average guy- very nice, very friendly, very sweet,'would never hurt a fly'. Pedophiles dont walk around telling people what they are doing. To the contrary, they do the exact opposite and do all that they can to make people think that 'they would never hurt a fly'.
Just because someone 'seems' like a great person does not mean that they don't have a 'dark side' that they dont show anybody-except their victims.
beautiful soul

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2007

Pprmint Patti wrote:
<quoted text>
ok first of all u dont need to call me naive. and i know how people are and i know how you cant trust anyone these days but i know for a FACT that the young boy didnt do anything. im not just saying it because i know him. honestly i dont even know "scott draves" personally. i dont know much about it. so u never know, but i do know how he was towards kids and how strict he was. i belive that hes not guilty and i know that. you can belive what ever you want to. i honestly dont care. think what u want. everyone has there own opinions. maybe you should think about if u were in the situation!

West Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2007

beautiful soul wrote:
<quoted text>
ok first of all u dont need to call me naive. and i know how people are and i know how you cant trust anyone these days but i know for a FACT that the young boy didnt do anything. im not just saying it because i know him. honestly i dont even know "scott draves" personally. i dont know much about it. so u never know, but i do know how he was towards kids and how strict he was. i belive that hes not guilty and i know that. you can belive what ever you want to. i honestly dont care. think what u want. everyone has there own opinions. maybe you should think about if u were in the situation!
If any of my relatives, whom I am quite close with, or any of my friends were not only accused, but CHARGED, of something like this... you bet I would have doubts about them. And as I have said until I am seemingly blue in the face, unless you are with that person EVERY minute of EVERY day, you cannot say for 100% positive that you KNOW they didnt do it.

'Good' people can, and many times do, have dark, evil sides.

I don't hold anything past anyone these days.

So that is what I would do in that situation. I would say 'well, they SEEM like a nice person. They dont SEEM to want to hurt a fly. They SEEM to love kids... but I cannot know for sure because I am not with them 100% of the time to know what they do when no one is looking....
Mary

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2007

Can anyone say "Salem Witch Hunt"!!! Seems to me now a days that nobody is interested in actually knowing the truth any more. Everyone is running scare, pointing fingers and executing without actually wanting to know the truth. Let everyone get off there soapbox and wait to see what happens in court.
I don't know these people but think we all need to leave them all alone and keep our opinions to ourselves, while they ALL go through this nightmare.
HELP

Ypsilanti, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2007

It happens every day. What are you saying therfore its ok. and he nedds no harsh punishmet? whos crazy now.
josh wrote:
<quoted text>
umm hello here what the frick do you think thats ok. you nut. yeah i know what he did was wrong but it happens every day in america. How would you feel if that was you, and someone said that. You are fricken crazy.
unknown

Davison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2007

I just hope everything comes out and justice is served.They must have some evidence if he was charged.
Parent

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2007

Does anyone know when the trial begins?
waiting for the truth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2007

I am wondering why everyone seems to have this man convicted if the case has not went to court yet? Do you all know something the rest of us don't? As far as the blurbs in the media, the only reason this case got any attention is due to the child care being in the home. Unfortunately this type of behavior happens everyday in our society, yet we don't hear of all of those cases. I am not saying in any way that what has happened in this case (if anything) is OK. I do agree that people all have secrets in their lives. Some are on a small scale and some are not. What I am saying is no one here KNOWS what happened so to assume this man is guilty is wrong. The entire case will be played out in court (and even then the entire truth may never be known) and ALL of the parties have to live with this for the rest of their lives. Has anyone ever considered this could be a case like the LaCrosse team case (the female lying)? There was a child care in the home...maybe the girl is/was seeking some attention from Mom? Like they say bad attention is better than no attention. Someone that said they know this man stated he was strict with the children...perhaps the girl is rebelling? We dont know. That's the point I am trying to make. No one knows. Right now everyone is concerned about "that poor child" and her family. What if you are all wrong? What if you should all be concerned about "that poor man and his family"? Isn't it better to let the courts deal with this type of thing? Isn't that why we all live in America? To have the right to a fair trial/due process. Innocent until proven guilty? I say WHATEVER the truth is, it is a sad thing for any family and to have strangers butt in and judge is wrong!
American justice

Seymour, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2007

What has happened to the justice system in America? People are considered innocent until proven guilty by a court of law. Hope you are all above the law and are never accused of a crime. The public will have you hung just as you have hung this man. He is as innocent as the day is long. A rebellious girl looking for attention-from perhaps the biological father??? Or because of rules in the home, decided to get even?????
sick and tired

Ypsilanti, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2007

He has addmitted to the crime do you understand this he addmitted to this and there are people that knew children that saw are you done now she is not a bad kid she is strong and has had her childhood stolen from her.
American justice wrote:
What has happened to the justice system in America? People are considered innocent until proven guilty by a court of law. Hope you are all above the law and are never accused of a crime. The public will have you hung just as you have hung this man. He is as innocent as the day is long. A rebellious girl looking for attention-from perhaps the biological father??? Or because of rules in the home, decided to get even?????
waiting for the truth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2007

Funny how you say he admitted to this...are you directly involved with the investigation? Are you working for the prosecutor? Did YOU perform the questioning for this case? Did he "admit" it directly to YOU? I didn't think so. What about the "people that knew"? Are they exempt from the law (and the judgement that has been passed by strangers). "Knowing" and not coming forward is also a crime last time I checked. American Justice wrote about the biological father...we don't hear anything about this girl's family or lifestyle. NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING, so let it play out in the court system. That's why we have the court system in place.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of221
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••