First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#21 Jan 24, 2013
SeenItBefore wrote:
<quoted text>
You will get it. It's law. The only way you will not is by listening to these schemers and swindlers into believing these programs are part of the national debt. Reagan did the same thing when he doubled the Social Security tax and then made it an IOU rather than the bond system when using those funds for other purposes.
I have not yet heard the right say we need to reform the entitlements system making it clear Social Security, Medicare etc. are not "entitlements". They ALWAYS ALWAYS say Social Security and Medicare when talking about reforming the entitlement system.
Social Security can be restructured and survive, but much of the fault, lies at the feet of those administrations, that took the funds out, without replacing them......many of the other's are only supporting a player and broodmare society.....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#22 Jan 24, 2013
Sassy wrote:
I agree. I don't mind people needing a boost during hard times, but I really hate those that use it as a way of life.
<quoted text>
That has to be weaned to an end....why is it even debatable?
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

#23 Jan 24, 2013
But keep in mind while deliberating that unemployment is a built in for a stable economy. There must be a certain number of people unemployed to stave off inflation.

And if there are more jobs available than there are workers to fill them makes the cost of labor increase. The job creators will have to increase their pay packages to attract employees and even keep them.
Conversely when there are more workers available than jobs to be filled it drives down the cost of labor. Creating competition between laborers for the jobs available. A person married with children will likely need more money than a single person. Though there will probably be more than one married with children people competing for the job willing to lower their lifestyle for some income being better than none. And while there are more available employees it's cheaper for an employer to let go one to hire another that will work cheaper.

If we equate gold to be people, the less people available to fill the jobs the more valuable each person is, causing the cost of "having them" increase. If one can walk around and pick up gold/ a person most anywhere they go the less valuable the gold/person is. Scarcity increases value while abundance decreases value.

The short of it is, with unemployment of some degree being considered necessary for value what do we do with those who won't have a job? Do we send them off to the ice caps to die and be eaten by polar bears?

This even goes to why the big push to eliminate unions. Unions stabilize the wage base creating less competition among workers for jobs. A destabilized wage base makes wages arbitrary and opened for so many more that will work for less.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

New London, OH

#24 Jan 24, 2013
Tax the Poor for being Poor!
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

#25 Jan 24, 2013
Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
Tax the Poor for being Poor!
So says His Majesty King Batch. You're in the wrong century by only 600 years. Or possible only 233 years as that was the time King George ruled and lost the Revolutionary War.
Really

Grand Rapids, MI

#26 Jan 24, 2013
SeenItBefore wrote:
<quoted text>
If you would have bothered to notice the ONLY mention of a political party I made was in the republicans wanting to cut back on benefits because "national spending has to be reduced". Tying them into the national debt when there is no honest correlation.
You're probably right that the spending will continue unabated...for gifts and payoffs to the wealthiest of companies and their owners
Talking about this specifically you are adamantly defending crooks liars and thieves. It would seem the numbers would point that out. But then you don't know ANYTHING about basic "book keeping" so...
According to you and a lot of the other progressives I know, you folks are the only ones who know anything at all. I have a new proposal for you folks...how about you guys contribute to the reduction in the debt. Since we conservatives don't know "jack" as you like to say, we can stop contributing to anything. Now, that doesn't just mean we won't put forth legislation, we will NOT contribute in any way shape or form. Since you seem to think only conservatives are in the 1%, let's find out how many of you oh so tolerant people step up to help the poor and indigent in this country and see how you resolve the issues this country faces. Remember, we contribute nothing..not one dime, no ideas, nothing. And by the way, in case you forgot, we comprise about 47% of the population. We are waiting.
Dee Hood

Lady Lake, FL

#27 Jan 24, 2013
SeenItBefore wrote:
<quoted text>
So says His Majesty King Batch. You're in the wrong century by only 600 years. Or possible only 233 years as that was the time King George ruled and lost the Revolutionary War.
Tax the poor for being poor!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Back in Iraq. WMD's? oil? 53 min Mr Wiggley 63
Bengazi is back 1 hr Mr Wiggley 129
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) 2 hr Go Blue Forever 128
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 2 hr Go Blue Forever 1,377
Quote of the Day (Jun '08) 5 hr SLY WEST 2,847
three white guys get wacked . . . 5 hr Idea Maker 2
Grand Rapids man robbed at Nunica Rest Stop (Jan '09) 22 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 7
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Rapids