BREAKING NEWS: Helicopter Crash at Sp...

BREAKING NEWS: Helicopter Crash at Spectrum Downtown

There are 4 comments on the WZZM Grand Rapids story from May 29, 2008, titled BREAKING NEWS: Helicopter Crash at Spectrum Downtown. In it, WZZM Grand Rapids reports that:

Thick black smoke can be seen from the top of Spectrum Hospital downtown. A helicopter has crashed on the helipad.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WZZM Grand Rapids.

Bethany Ferris

Spring Lake, MI

#1 May 29, 2008
I spent a lot of time at Devos Children's Hospital with my daughter. To see that helicopter go down is devastating. Last year about this time I was on the 9th floor of that hospital with my daughter. It is scary to know that we could have been there when it happened. I know many people who work with AeroMed and on the 9th floor of the hospital and its so scary to think of them and what could of possibly happened. I love those people because of all the hard work and dedication they gave to my daughters health, I love them, and it just hits me hard to know that it happened to one of the best helicopters I know for transporting patients and to one of the best hospitals. I am glad to hear the pilot and the passenger came out alright. God Bless them all...
Peter

Allegan, MI

#2 May 29, 2008
I'm going to assume dude failed his "training"??
Sami from caledonia

Caledonia, MI

#3 May 29, 2008
Glad everyone is safe!

“OH what fun!!”

Since: Feb 08

Grand Rapids

#4 May 29, 2008
From what I understand the pilot is the one with the most experience. Just proves that even some of the best are not perfect, they are human. I am glad everyone is safe and going to be fine. Butterworth is a great hospital and their emergency plans that they have for these such things seems to work.
Thumbs up to the pilot that even in the panic was able to get the helicopter back to the pad not off the building and into a street. Quick thinking!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Truly Disturbing Racism and The Silence That Fo... 11 hr MrsMrs90 29
News The Latest: Trump calls Election Day 'our Indep... 15 hr CZars_R_US 359
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 15 hr a commenter 1,147
News GE Aviation lops off 95 Grand Rapids jobs (Jun '08) Thu Great full GE Pro... 58
News Universal Forest Products closes five plants, p... (Jan '08) Jan 18 Madoff zionism 19
Local News Women (Apr '09) Jan 15 T-Man 2,823
News Donald Trump defends use of "sch****ed" against... (Dec '15) Jan 14 MrsMrs90 89

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages