vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

#105 Oct 14, 2013
Sassy wrote:
Just a thought, but do you realize that doctors charge the patient more that don't have health insurance. I don't have any health insurance, but when I did, they took less from my insurance company. Now that I don't they charge me more.
Change doctors. Many give discounts for cash up front payment just like shoeless stated. Don't want to change doctors because you like your doc? Then suck it up and pay the higher rates, buttercup.
http://www.ncpa.org/sub/dpd/index.php...
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

#106 Oct 14, 2013
Kaylee Abernathy wrote:
The fools who signed up will get health care and you won't.
The only thing here that's pretty simple is you. Having health insurance doesn't guarantee you will get care, nor does it guarantee you will get care when you want it or where you want it. Ask the folks in Canada or Great Britain about that.
Conversely, not having insurance does not mean you WON'T get care...in fact, those folks, if they're willing to pay cash, will probably be able to get the care they want cheaper than you will and they won't have to deal with finding a 'participating' provider who is accepting patients.
Good luck with that, sweetie.
Really

Wyoming, MI

#107 Oct 14, 2013
Kaylee Abernathy wrote:
<quoted text>The fools who signed up will get health care and you won't. Pretty simple, really. Just think, the people like Tommy who fight against their own good will die and the rest of us will live.
Have you investigated the cost of said healthcare? Just askin'. One more question...why is it that those who support Obamacare so rabidly also wish so rabidly for other people's deaths?

“Where I came from”

Since: Jan 09

the universe

#108 Oct 14, 2013
Kaylee Abernathy wrote:
<quoted text>The fools who signed up will get health care and you won't. Pretty simple, really. Just think, the people like Tommy who fight against their own good will die and the rest of us will live.
Who are you to say its for anyone's "own good" what are you a fascist? My own good is for me to decide not a doctor, politician, or preacher. Having health insurance in no way guarantees anything other than you are paying somebody money in the hopes that you will never use it. Having health insurance does not guarantee good health, that is up to you. And having health insurance in no way guarantees you wont die from some dread dis-ease. Here is some health advice make your body slightly alkaline and you will never get sick.. I give that advice free.
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

#109 Oct 14, 2013
Really wrote:
Have you investigated the cost of said healthcare? Just askin'. One more question...why is it that those who support Obamacare so rabidly also wish so rabidly for other people's deaths?
I have to smh at these fools that seem to think that health insurance guarantees health. I wonder if they think that having life insurance means you'll never die? LOL...bet these are all the voting sheepcattle parrots that also thought Obama was going to pay their mortgages and put gas in their cars.
I also wonder if these idiots chasing their holy grail of unlimited healthcare realize how many deaths each year are caused by doctors and the medical system they just can't wait to place themselves under the care of.
Mini Me

Byron Center, MI

#110 Oct 14, 2013
Really

Wyoming, MI

#111 Oct 15, 2013
Mini Me wrote:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/th eapothecary/2013/10/14/obamaca res-website-is-crashing-becaus e-it-doesnt-want-you-to-know-h ealth-plans-true-costs/?partne r=yahootix
Thank you.
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#112 Oct 15, 2013
Shoeless Eluder wrote:
<quoted text>Who are you to say its for anyone's "own good" what are you a fascist? My own good is for me to decide not a doctor, politician, or preacher. Having health insurance in no way guarantees anything other than you are paying somebody money in the hopes that you will never use it. Having health insurance does not guarantee good health, that is up to you. And having health insurance in no way guarantees you wont die from some dread dis-ease. Here is some health advice make your body slightly alkaline and you will never get sick.. I give that advice free.
In a way, I agree with you. You should have the choice to self-insure for medical care.

Just so long as if or when you have a major medical issue, you have the cash available to pay for it. If you don't have the cash, then the hospital or doctor should have the right to deny service.

Relying on supposed free medical care at the local emergency room is just another form of welfare!
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

#113 Oct 15, 2013
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

#114 Oct 15, 2013
Bob wrote:
Relying on supposed free medical care at the local emergency room is just another form of welfare!
Polly wanna cracker?
http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/201...
James

Grand Rapids, MI

#115 Oct 15, 2013
I wonder Bob, did you try to sign up for Obamacare yet? Do you even know what the deductibles for the cheapest plans are? I think a lot of people will soon find out just how much this healthcare is going to cost them and turn on Obama and the dems.

“Come and get it! ”

Traverse City

#116 Oct 15, 2013
James wrote:
I think a lot of people will soon find out just how much this healthcare is going to cost them and turn on Obama and the dems.
Doubtful. This administration could start dragging people out in the streets and shooting them in the head, and the Obama zombies would continue to sing his praises.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#117 Oct 15, 2013
vox veritatis wrote:
<quoted text>
Polly wanna cracker?
http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/201...
You missed the best article on that same site....President Obama, the smallest spending President, since Dwight D. Eisenhower.......
Really

Wyoming, MI

#119 Oct 15, 2013
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>Doubtful. This administration could start dragging people out in the streets and shooting them in the head, and the Obama zombies would continue to sing his praises.
I chuckled at the headline on Yahoo News the other morning, "Study reveals that Obamacare is the same for both red and blue states." Apparently Obama HAS convinced the lemmings that because they like him the rates will only go up for those who don't like him. Stupid is as stupid does.
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

#120 Oct 15, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
You missed the best article on that same site ......
Can't stay on topic, can you? You want to talk about spending some more, go start your own thread.

“Where I came from”

the universe

#121 Oct 15, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
In a way, I agree with you. You should have the choice to self-insure for medical care.
Just so long as if or when you have a major medical issue, you have the cash available to pay for it. If you don't have the cash, then the hospital or doctor should have the right to deny service.
Hospitals take payments at least they used, to don't worry you wont be burdened with anything from me I will pay my own way as I always have..

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#122 Oct 16, 2013
Shoeless Eluder wrote:
<quoted text>Hospitals take payments at least they used, to don't worry you wont be burdened with anything from me I will pay my own way as I always have..
We'll all have to chip in and pay for Bob's health care, and the rest of the lemmings. They will just pay the $95.00 fine for not having insurance and continue to use the E.R. every time they get a runny nose.
If Bob had that job that he claims to have, he wouldn't even have to worry so much about his health care, because his employer would be providing it.

“Where I came from”

the universe

#123 Oct 16, 2013
I became a victim of the PP/ACA two weeks ago it was either make me full time or fire me, I got fired for no reason. Almost seven years with a spotless record just working part time. Thanks Barry love your fundamental transformation . Funny it happened on Sept 30 one day before the sign up can we say coincidence, nope it was planned.
Dr X

Byron Center, MI

#124 Oct 16, 2013
Shoeless Eluder wrote:
I became a victim of the PP/ACA two weeks ago it was either make me full time or fire me, I got fired for no reason. Almost seven years with a spotless record just working part time. Thanks Barry love your fundamental transformation . Funny it happened on Sept 30 one day before the sign up can we say coincidence, nope it was planned.
Don't worry. The more people that are negatively affected by OcommieCare, the more people we'll have when we march to D.C. and demand the law appealed. If they don't, then that will be the time to start forming the brigades and manufacturing the gatebusters. A lot of people in this country are ready to snap, people that are highly trained and connected...if you know what I mean.
blacknwhite

Grandville, MI

#125 Oct 16, 2013
Totalitarianism on the way. They will strongarm their way and force their will upon us; never saw a president quite like this one. I think we are in the end times, really.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 5 hr Buffalo Bull 1,480
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 9 hr cnreadle 974
sony balony 23 hr kookierecluse 4
Experience a historical Christmas in downtown G... Fri DrX 54
Put Tolls on Our Interstate Highways Fri Really 18
3 reasons Grand Rapids-area Muslims want to ope... Thu tom_ 21
City of Pentecost Christmas program Thu COP OUTREACH 1
Grand Rapids Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Rapids

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 6:00AM
Fantasy Football Week 16: Updated Rankings for Sunday's Action
Bleacher Report 6:02 AM
The Coach That Could Turn Around Bears
Bleacher Report11:28 AM
Jay Cutler Rumors: Latest Details, Speculation on Bears QB's Future
NBC Sports12:33 PM
1 thing even Rahm can't fix: Da Bears - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 8:26 AM
Report: Executives suggest Bears could have to attach a draft pick to move Cutler