James

Grand Rapids, MI

#250 Oct 22, 2013
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
Well what you belly-achin about? Employees like it and you're apparently happy. What do you care at this point? ACA doesn't affect you unless you let IT and the Faux News lie machine get in your little pin head. Tell everyone you're Mr. Great, jump up and down, be proud. IF your so -called 20 employees like what they have they don't have to do anything nor do you.
Pipester, you fail to understand anything about this topic. Because of Obama demanding to cover pre-existing conditions for the populace, that alone drove up my costs to provide insurance to my employees over 40%. That is an additional cost of over $100,000 per year for my policy. Now I have to come up with that money from somewhere.
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#251 Oct 22, 2013
James wrote:
<quoted text>
Pipester, you fail to understand anything about this topic. Because of Obama demanding to cover pre-existing conditions for the populace, that alone drove up my costs to provide insurance to my employees over 40%. That is an additional cost of over $100,000 per year for my policy. Now I have to come up with that money from somewhere.
Bull $hit. quit making stuff up and adding on here as you go. Do you realize how much you make yourself a liar? Who the F is going to believe you here? Really? What kind of a policy did you have before ACA - a catastrophe? Tell you what? You don't want to pay, then drop them. Quit your lying, blaming and belly aching.
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

#252 Oct 22, 2013
pipedream wrote:
Bull $hit. quit making stuff up and adding on here as you go.
The only one here doing that is you, pippybob. Otherwise, you'd be able to prove that James is lying with something other than your bleated 'BS'. By all means...show us where the lie is with some hard facts and figures or go crawl back under that rock you were under and wait for what's coming your way in 2014.
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#253 Oct 22, 2013
James wrote:
Hey Bob, I have asked you more than once and you avoid the question. So I will put this out to you yet again. Pipester, feel free to answer as well. If this Obamacaare is the greatest healthcare system that you both claim it to be, have you signed up for it yet? I don't care if you have insurance through your jobs. If this is the best system, you would cancel your current policy and join Obamacare. If your not in it, shut up!
Never said it was the greatest Healthcare Its better in the long run than what has been going on for the past 7 decades. Stop your b.s. Jim Bob. You're lying thru your buck teeth and not even doing it well.
Really

Wyoming, MI

#254 Oct 22, 2013
James wrote:
<quoted text>
Your first sentence describes the entire issue for the little man. He doesn't understand and never will. He and others seem to think that no preexisting conditions is just another "freebie" from the well of Obama. If, just once, they would shut up and look up the information themselves, they would see exactly what is happening. We both know that won't happen because then they wouldn't have anything to talk tough about and try to bully others into thinking the way they do. He doesn't understand the increased costs for business, both large and small from this monstrosity. Nor do they understand that it is not "free" healthcare because those of us who are working are going to have to pay for those who are not but who are getting a "government subsidy." Of course, that goes hand in hand with them having zero clue as to who the government actually is.
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

#255 Oct 22, 2013
pipedream wrote:
Never said it was the greatest Healthcare Its better in the long run than what has been going on for the past 7 decades. Stop your b.s. Jim Bob. You're lying thru your buck teeth and not even doing it well.
Hey, Bob...you forgot to change screen names when answering again. Busted.
James

Grand Rapids, MI

#256 Oct 22, 2013
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
Bull $hit. quit making stuff up and adding on here as you go. Do you realize how much you make yourself a liar? Who the F is going to believe you here? Really? What kind of a policy did you have before ACA - a catastrophe? Tell you what? You don't want to pay, then drop them. Quit your lying, blaming and belly aching.
Why don't you come over to my office and i will be more than willing to show you. By the way, when are you going to sign up for Obamacare?
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#257 Oct 22, 2013
James wrote:
<quoted text>
Jim Bob I'm going to help you out here so you don't make yourself look like an even bigger a-hole. Either you forgot about the Govt. tax credits you get on the premiums you pay, want other people to not think they don't exist, or are too stupid to know they do exist. Which is it for you Jim Bob?!

Incentives for firms to offer Employer Sponsored Insurance (ESI) coverage differ by the size of the firm. Large firms ó those with at least 50 full-time equivalent employees will be required to offer ESI to employees that work at least 30 hours per week and more than 120 days during the year within 90 days of
their starting employment or potentially face financial penalties.

Some small firms will receive a tax credit as an incentive to offer ESI. The full credit is available to firms with fewer than 10 employees and with average annual wages less than $25,000.

It phases into a partial credit for firms with up to $50,000
in average wages or 25 full-time workers. The credit was worth up to 35 percent of a small firmís premiums in 2010 and is worth up to 50 percent starting in 2014. Firms can claim the credit for up to six years, the initial four years from 2010 through 2013 and for any two consecutive years thereafter if they buy their insurance through the Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP).

Premiums for firms that do not receive a tax credit can still be deducted from taxes. Incentives to accept a firmís ESI offer arise
with the mandate for most individuals to maintain minimum essential health insurance coverage or pay a penalty for noncompliance.

I'll bet your conveniently forgot about the 35-50% percent tax credit for any premiums you pay.

A@@holes never admit all of the truth. They'll only admit what they think they can get away with, until the naked TRUTH, the WHOLE truth, slaps them in the face
Dr X

Byron Center, MI

#258 Oct 22, 2013
James wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you come over to my office and i will be more than willing to show you. By the way, when are you going to sign up for Obamacare?
He won't because he's a coward or she's a coward..whatever. Pipesmoker is an orphan, raised by the state and all full of hate. Probably spent time at Pine Rest.

“Lost my mind”

Since: Apr 07

be back later

#259 Oct 22, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah....... Right!
It's a scary world to think there's two people as completely clueless as both of you.
You mean like you and pippy - I mean your left hand?

“Lost my mind”

Since: Apr 07

be back later

#260 Oct 22, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought fat cows bellowed........
Regardless if you are signed in as you are now, or grey boxed under your Really name, you've still ignored the fact that you put up a stooopid rant. If a premium of less than $170 per/month is completely unaffordable, you've got a lot of problems. Most of you minimum wage patriots do.
This may come as a shock to you, but approximately 80% of the people in this country already have insurance through their employer. And I'll bet that over 90% of the people in this country spend more than your paltry insurance premium every month at the local bar/restaurant.
So the question becomes, what the hell are you doing wrong?
What are you going to do if you or one of your brats gets seriously sick or suffers a compound fracture requiring surgery to put you back together? If you can't afford $170 per/moth for insurance, how can you afford to pay the hospital?
I would suggest that you quit listening to the Koch Bros line about how you're in the Top 1% if you make $7.40 per/hour. Either get your employer to pay you more, or go find a real job that pays a living wage.
It's not that hard, union workers have been doing it for years!
How about you go back and READ my post of what was covered. I know it's not "See Spot Run" but at least you have the Dick part right... maybe..

With a $10,000.00 deductible, how is someone going to be able to pay the hospital bill? And after the deductible, there is another amount in coinsurance costs.

So you take someone who is already struggling to make ends meet. Their hours have been cut because now they can't work more than 30 hours a week because their employer isn't willing to pay the costs themselves. So they go for the policy they can afford, on top of everything else that is already in their stretched to the max budget and the DO get sick. Now they have to cough up their deductible costs on top of everything else.

Maybe you should stop kissing the democrat leaders asses and pay attention to the REAL world.

Oh and by the way Mr. ASSumptions? This isn't my insurance policy. It was an example. Obviously your stupid-flakes made you read something that wasn't there.
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#261 Oct 22, 2013
You Mice man can suck a hole in the front of my shorts preferably next to my fly. I'll happily let you anytime you're ready. I'm waiting.
Beavis

Grand Rapids, MI

#262 Oct 22, 2013
pipedream wrote:
You Mice man can suck a hole in the front of my shorts preferably next to my fly. I'll happily let you anytime you're ready. I'm waiting.
Pipester's gay hahahahaha. he wants a man to "suck a hole in the front of my shorts preferably next to my fly."
Butthead

Grand Rapids, MI

#263 Oct 22, 2013
pipedream wrote:
And he's happily waiting for a man. hahahahaha
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#264 Oct 22, 2013
James wrote:
Hey Bob, I have asked you more than once and you avoid the question. So I will put this out to you yet again. Pipester, feel free to answer as well. If this Obamacaare is the greatest healthcare system that you both claim it to be, have you signed up for it yet? I don't care if you have insurance through your jobs. If this is the best system, you would cancel your current policy and join Obamacare. If your not in it, shut up!
I don't need to be in ACA. I have a policy thru my employer. Get that thru your thick skull. Apparently you don't need go to the exchanges either if you have your own policy on the open market. You have at least 20 employees who are helping you pay your premiums thru the profits you're making thru their labors. Tell you what F-stick, if you think what you're paying for your employees premiums, or even for your own, are too high, then just stop paying for it. ACA doesn't require you do anything since you're supposed firm has less than 50 employees. Drop your employee plan and pay them money instead and let them go to the exchanges. You don't like what you're paying for your own, then drop it and go to the exchanges. If you don't like that then don't have a policy and roll the dice. When you do that, then you can STFU so we don't have to hear you cry, belly-ache and complain.
Dr X

Byron Center, MI

#265 Oct 22, 2013
Beavis wrote:
<quoted text>
Pipester's gay hahahahaha. he wants a man to "suck a hole in the front of my shorts preferably next to my fly."
He had a lot of gay love performed on him at Pine Rest. At least that's what I hear.
No Name

Wyoming, MI

#266 Oct 23, 2013
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need to be in ACA. I have a policy thru my employer. Get that thru your thick skull. Apparently you don't need go to the exchanges either if you have your own policy on the open market. You have at least 20 employees who are helping you pay your premiums thru the profits you're making thru their labors. Tell you what F-stick, if you think what you're paying for your employees premiums, or even for your own, are too high, then just stop paying for it. ACA doesn't require you do anything since you're supposed firm has less than 50 employees. Drop your employee plan and pay them money instead and let them go to the exchanges. You don't like what you're paying for your own, then drop it and go to the exchanges. If you don't like that then don't have a policy and roll the dice. When you do that, then you can STFU so we don't have to hear you cry, belly-ache and complain.
Judge this post STUPID
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#267 Oct 23, 2013
Shoeless Eluder wrote:
<quoted text> So lets just say I go on HC . gov and check out what I can buy I just lost my job which was suspicious because it happened on Sept 30 one day before the "exchanges" were supposed to open. So I will probably qualify for a subsidy and you and your alter ego and everyone else will help me pay for my insurance where right now I don't cost you a thing. Maybe its time for me to take advantage of the system I have shunned my whole life the system I have paid into to support others maybe you all can support me now hey "skin in the game" "spreading that wealth" just sayin.
Yup, that's how it works.....

Sorry about the loss of your job.

The good news is the Affordable Care Act is going to create over 17,000 new jobs just in the State of Kentucky. And they don't get nearly as much snow as we do here, so enjoy the move to a state that will be hiring!
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#268 Oct 23, 2013
free thinker wrote:
<quoted text>
And Bob continues to miss the point. If you can't afford either, how does making a law stating you must purchase it allow you to afford it? How do you know they're going to have any major medical bill at all? You seem to forget that many doctors and hospitals give deep discounts to those willing to pay cash...that alone allows many peole to afford care. Instead of paying over 12K out of pocket (and that's before any copays kick in), they could potentially pay much less than that...and hospitals/doctors are willing to take payments as well. I just heard a report where someone's premium jumped from $350.00 per month to $850.00 per month and that's with a $12,000 deductible.
Of course, Bob, you have no skin in the game at all if your claims of coverage through your wife. Whatever happened to that 90K job you bragged about a while back? No coverage of your own or the taco stand doesn't insure you? Whatever are you going to do when your wife's employer decides to dump the spouses off their coverage?
Like most of the patriots around here, I see you've resorted to bellowing all of the Koch Bros talking points without providing any specific proof........ I wonder why that is?

Seeing as how your only answer is the DEEPLY DISCOUNTED cash alternative to health care...... Why don't you provide us with a link to what those DEEP DISCOUNTS are for cash? Prove to us that we should all be paying cash because it is cheaper than the insurance premiums that you can't afford to pay!

Then, why don't you tell us where your "heard" that report about the guy's premium jumping so high...... Fortunately for you, you don't have to provide a link to something you heard! Sort of like the person I "heard" about that had his premiums cut in half......

Finally, if you had bothered to read it, I already explained that my employer would include me in their company's program if the need arose..... But I guess reading and comprehension never has been a skill taught in home schools!
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#269 Oct 23, 2013
James wrote:
To the lowly educated dolt that you see in the mirror every morning, this might be a little confusing.....

So I'm typing it very....... s l o w l y !!!

The Affordable Care Act, has several facets, including employer paid insurance. Had you done any studying of the law you would have seen that.

And, seeing as how you don't, won't, or can't figure out that point........ Maybe it's time for you to STFU!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 23 min tom wingo 2,048
News Want the city to pay for your pothole damage? (Mar '08) 6 hr Oneal 56
Meat Pies! 13 hr GoatMilkSaviour 1
Lets Chat (Mar '08) 15 hr Hudsonville Friend 40,203
Me . . . Morale Day Sun bobolinq 1
Driving around Grand Rapids naked! (Oct '11) May 21 gun lake exhibiti... 45
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) May 21 Tom h 1,005
More from around the web

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]