James

Grand Rapids, MI

#229 Oct 21, 2013
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
No, "Your" unbelievable lol. First off I don't recall you mentioning you were such a wonderful, generous business owner and are providing your employees with health insurance. But I don't care anyway. I guess then, my question has to be what is your/their share of the premium and how good a policy is it? I already know what your going to say but answer it anyway. Gold? Platinum? Catastrophic? They pay you if they get sick and you drive them to the ER? lol
They have Priority Health. Look it up yourself. Basically Insurance pays 80%, they pay 20%. Co-pays are $20. They have $2500 deductible. I know this is better than what you have. It is better then what Obamacare has to offer.
Sassy

Grand Rapids, MI

#230 Oct 21, 2013
Do not just ask about the last 3 years. That my dear friend is a simple comparison. The question should be asked how much it has risen in the last 10 years. You would be surprised by the answer you receive. I know as I have paid the bills for my employer for over 20 years and I have seen the cost raise.
vox veritatis wrote:
<quoted text>
Big difference...you get your coverage through your employer (ie, they pay the bill, or at least a large portion of it), others have to pay the full bill themselves. BTW...the premiums your employer pays have also gone up. Don't believe me...go ask the person responsible for paying the bills at your place of employment how much insurance premiums have risen in the past 3 years. Ask yourself if you could come up with the full premium out of pocket on your own every month without your employer's assistance and then tell us if it hurt when that little light went on inside your head.
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#232 Oct 21, 2013
James wrote:
<quoted text>
They have Priority Health. Look it up yourself. Basically Insurance pays 80%, they pay 20%. Co-pays are $20. They have $2500 deductible. I know this is better than what you have. It is better then what Obamacare has to offer.
Well what you belly-achin about? Employees like it and you're apparently happy. What do you care at this point? ACA doesn't affect you unless you let IT and the Faux News lie machine get in your little pin head. Tell everyone you're Mr. Great, jump up and down, be proud. IF your so -called 20 employees like what they have they don't have to do anything nor do you.
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#233 Oct 22, 2013
neecer wrote:
<quoted text>
AND YES I'M SHOUTING.
I thought fat cows bellowed........

Regardless if you are signed in as you are now, or grey boxed under your Really name, you've still ignored the fact that you put up a stooopid rant. If a premium of less than $170 per/month is completely unaffordable, you've got a lot of problems. Most of you minimum wage patriots do.

This may come as a shock to you, but approximately 80% of the people in this country already have insurance through their employer. And I'll bet that over 90% of the people in this country spend more than your paltry insurance premium every month at the local bar/restaurant.

So the question becomes, what the hell are you doing wrong?

What are you going to do if you or one of your brats gets seriously sick or suffers a compound fracture requiring surgery to put you back together? If you can't afford $170 per/moth for insurance, how can you afford to pay the hospital?

I would suggest that you quit listening to the Koch Bros line about how you're in the Top 1% if you make $7.40 per/hour. Either get your employer to pay you more, or go find a real job that pays a living wage.

It's not that hard, union workers have been doing it for years!
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#234 Oct 22, 2013
neecer wrote:
<quoted text>
She doesn't sign in under me you dumbass. Obviously you have suffered from RCI for so long you have lost all oxygen to your brain. We went through this a long time ago Boob, we are NOT the same people.
Yeah....... Right!

It's a scary world to think there's two people as completely clueless as both of you.
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#235 Oct 22, 2013
Sassy wrote:
Do not just ask about the last 3 years. That my dear friend is a simple comparison. The question should be asked how much it has risen in the last 10 years. You would be surprised by the answer you receive. I know as I have paid the bills for my employer for over 20 years and I have seen the cost raise.
<quoted text>
They can't help it. This is one of the many lies they've been told to repeat.

In the world of the lowly educated, insurance premiums were going down every year until the ACA became law.

To prove this, watch how none of them will admit that insurance costs were out of control before this law. They'll also refuse to admit that insurance companies ran the real death panels by denying coverage to people once they got sick.

Ultra right wing fanatics cannot be counted on to ever tell the real truth.
Really

Wyoming, MI

#236 Oct 22, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought fat cows bellowed........
Regardless if you are signed in as you are now, or grey boxed under your Really name, you've still ignored the fact that you put up a stooopid rant. If a premium of less than $170 per/month is completely unaffordable, you've got a lot of problems. Most of you minimum wage patriots do.
This may come as a shock to you, but approximately 80% of the people in this country already have insurance through their employer. And I'll bet that over 90% of the people in this country spend more than your paltry insurance premium every month at the local bar/restaurant.
So the question becomes, what the hell are you doing wrong?
What are you going to do if you or one of your brats gets seriously sick or suffers a compound fracture requiring surgery to put you back together? If you can't afford $170 per/moth for insurance, how can you afford to pay the hospital?
I would suggest that you quit listening to the Koch Bros line about how you're in the Top 1% if you make $7.40 per/hour. Either get your employer to pay you more, or go find a real job that pays a living wage.
It's not that hard, union workers have been doing it for years!
You are as big an idiot as your alter ego the pipester. Of course, you both are really brave behind the monitor, but both have zero balls in person. If you truly think that $170 a month with a $10,000 per person deductible (for you of the math challenged, that is $40,000 per year in deductibles), then you truly need to sue CMU or whoever was stupid enough to continue to say you had what it took to get a "class" education. How does that stack up now stupid?

And I haven't heard the Koch brothers say anyone is in the top 1%. As for your 80% number, wrong again. That number is going down steadily with employers left and right putting everyone on 30 hours to avoid this lovely thing you all think is so wonderful.
Really

Wyoming, MI

#237 Oct 22, 2013
Sassy wrote:
Do not just ask about the last 3 years. That my dear friend is a simple comparison. The question should be asked how much it has risen in the last 10 years. You would be surprised by the answer you receive. I know as I have paid the bills for my employer for over 20 years and I have seen the cost raise.
<quoted text>
How about you go out and compare the policies and see how people will do? Of course, if you go to the Obamacare website, you will have to give all your private information first before you can get a rate comparison. Oh, and don't forget to tell them you are Latino, that way you can register to vote.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#238 Oct 22, 2013
vox veritatis wrote:
<quoted text>
But he and pippy are. Notice how they always answer for each other? Like I've said before, if you want to know what progressives are up to, take a close look at what they accuse others of.
....LOL......
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#239 Oct 22, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>You are as big an idiot as your alter ego the pipester. Of course, you both are really brave behind the monitor, but both have zero balls in person. If you truly think that $170 a month with a $10,000 per person deductible (for you of the math challenged, that is $40,000 per year in deductibles), then you truly need to sue CMU or whoever was stupid enough to continue to say you had what it took to get a "class" education. How does that stack up now stupid?
And I haven't heard the Koch brothers say anyone is in the top 1%. As for your 80% number, wrong again. That number is going down steadily with employers left and right putting everyone on 30 hours to avoid this lovely thing you all think is so wonderful.
Thanks for replying so quickly........ Neecer!

Once again, Neecer, you fail to answer the real question.

If you can't afford $170 per/month to insure against a major medical bill, then how are you going to afford that medical bill without insurance?

The Koch Bros are proud of you. They're comment that making minimum wages in the USA put you in the Top 1%, of the world, has been taken to heart by all of you.

Keep bellowing, Neecer, the Party of No is counting on you.

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#240 Oct 22, 2013
I support this amendment 100% and every American voter should call their congress reps and urge them to pass this ASAP. The best part is that Obama himself would have to try to log in and sign up for Obamacare!!
http://washingtonexaminer.com/rand-paul-amend...
Red Hen Fred

Byron Center, MI

#241 Oct 22, 2013
I wonder how many socialists are going to get shot when all this boils over. Answer= all of them.

“Where I came from”

Since: Jan 09

the universe

#242 Oct 22, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for replying so quickly........ Neecer!
Once again, Neecer, you fail to answer the real question.
If you can't afford $170 per/month to insure against a major medical bill, then how are you going to afford that medical bill without insurance?
The Koch Bros are proud of you. They're comment that making minimum wages in the USA put you in the Top 1%, of the world, has been taken to heart by all of you.
Keep bellowing, Neecer, the Party of No is counting on you.
So lets just say I go on HC . gov and check out what I can buy I just lost my job which was suspicious because it happened on Sept 30 one day before the "exchanges" were supposed to open. So I will probably qualify for a subsidy and you and your alter ego and everyone else will help me pay for my insurance where right now I don't cost you a thing. Maybe its time for me to take advantage of the system I have shunned my whole life the system I have paid into to support others maybe you all can support me now hey "skin in the game" "spreading that wealth" just sayin.
free thinker

Farmington, MI

#243 Oct 22, 2013
Bob wrote:
If you can't afford $170 per/month to insure against a major medical bill, then how are you going to afford that medical bill without insurance?
And Bob continues to miss the point. If you can't afford either, how does making a law stating you must purchase it allow you to afford it? How do you know they're going to have any major medical bill at all? You seem to forget that many doctors and hospitals give deep discounts to those willing to pay cash...that alone allows many peole to afford care. Instead of paying over 12K out of pocket (and that's before any copays kick in), they could potentially pay much less than that...and hospitals/doctors are willing to take payments as well. I just heard a report where someone's premium jumped from $350.00 per month to $850.00 per month and that's with a $12,000 deductible.
Of course, Bob, you have no skin in the game at all if your claims of coverage through your wife. Whatever happened to that 90K job you bragged about a while back? No coverage of your own or the taco stand doesn't insure you? Whatever are you going to do when your wife's employer decides to dump the spouses off their coverage?
free thinker

Farmington, MI

#244 Oct 22, 2013
Bob wrote:
This may come as a shock to you, but approximately 80% of the people in this country already have insurance through their employer.
And yet you don't...by your own admission. So what the hell are YOU doing wrong?
free thinker

Farmington, MI

#245 Oct 22, 2013
Bob wrote:
Keep bellowing
keep douching and bleeting, dbag baaaaab. 2014 is coming for you and your dbag party.
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#246 Oct 22, 2013
free thinker wrote:
<quoted text>
And Bob continues to miss the point. If you can't afford either, how does making a law stating you must purchase it allow you to afford it? How do you know they're going to have any major medical bill at all? You seem to forget that many doctors and hospitals give deep discounts to those willing to pay cash...that alone allows many peole to afford care. Instead of paying over 12K out of pocket (and that's before any copays kick in), they could potentially pay much less than that...and hospitals/doctors are willing to take payments as well. I just heard a report where someone's premium jumped from $350.00 per month to $850.00 per month and that's with a $12,000 deductible.
Of course, Bob, you have no skin in the game at all if your claims of coverage through your wife. Whatever happened to that 90K job you bragged about a while back? No coverage of your own or the taco stand doesn't insure you? Whatever are you going to do when your wife's employer decides to dump the spouses off their coverage?
If you had a 'real' job none of this would matter. Your employer would provide a living wage, health insurance and other benefits.

Quit projecting your miserable life onto others. You either have a real job with a living wage and job benefits, including health,dental and vision insurance or you don't. Why is this the fault of anyone else but your own? ACA is not your problem Lil Stinker. It never has been and never will. Tell your mother, if you know who she is,to change your diapers every 4 hours at least. Then maybe you'll have something to complain and whine about.
Really

Wyoming, MI

#247 Oct 22, 2013
Stupidity never stops, it just keeps going and going and going. Raising a generation of bullies is coming back to bite people.
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#248 Oct 22, 2013
Really wrote:
Stupidity never stops, it just keeps going and going and going. Raising a generation of bullies is coming back to bite people.
LOL. don't give me this Bully bull-$HIT. either lil stinker has a job paying living wages, or he doens't. Why do the last couple generations want to blame Obama and Obamacare for their miserable lives? Does he think premiums should be lower? Is that what its all about? Why is Lil Stinker complaining when he probably never even considered buying a policy because he didn't like what it was going to cost him and so.... well Lil Stinker thought he could get away without it for a while longer. Now that its offered he doesn't like what it's going to Cost. F@ck him!. Lil Stinker makes no sense, except he wants it cheaper so he can afford it. He gets no sympathy or an ounce of empathy from me. Lil M/Fr can go without insurance and see what it costs him down the road.
James

Grand Rapids, MI

#249 Oct 22, 2013
Hey Bob, I have asked you more than once and you avoid the question. So I will put this out to you yet again. Pipester, feel free to answer as well. If this Obamacaare is the greatest healthcare system that you both claim it to be, have you signed up for it yet? I don't care if you have insurance through your jobs. If this is the best system, you would cancel your current policy and join Obamacare. If your not in it, shut up!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Quote of the Day (Jun '08) 1 hr Times are a Changing 2,840
'We Don't Have a Strategy' to Fight ISIS t 3 hr JustA_person 26
Bengazi is back 8 hr Gville Jim 107
Back in Iraq. WMD's? oil? 8 hr Gville Jim 57
Local News Women (Apr '09) 10 hr intothegrv 2,306
Grand Rapids man robbed at Nunica Rest Stop (Jan '09) 17 hr Go Blue Forever 4
three white guys get wacked . . . 23 hr bobolinq 1
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Rapids
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••