Rockford amends ordinance following p...

Rockford amends ordinance following porta-potty dispute

There are 41 comments on the WZZM Grand Rapids story from May 12, 2008, titled Rockford amends ordinance following porta-potty dispute. In it, WZZM Grand Rapids reports that:

The city of Rockford has amended an ordinance limiting how long residents can keep port-a-potties on their property.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WZZM Grand Rapids.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
JNH

Boyne City, MI

#1 May 12, 2008
Typical Rockford political BS...
oh boy

Denver, CO

#2 May 12, 2008
Oh, Rockford...
Oh, Rockford...
pissed

West Olive, MI

#3 May 12, 2008
The resident who had the porta potty should just have the swimmers urinate along the fence see how the neighbor likes that.
ralph

Holland, MI

#4 May 12, 2008
more government intrusion fueled by a minority of complainers.
these whiners are custom made for the liberals to exploit to push more government of us
nic

Montgomery, AL

#5 May 13, 2008
What a waste of time. Why not use that time for things that matter like being allowed to drill for oil in our back yards to lower gas prices. Feeding our own starving people. One voise should not be allowed to tell me what i can and can not do on my property. Well i would rnt the toilet for 48 hours send it back for a day and rent another one. just to make the point. Some people go back under the rock they came from and leave the rest of us alone.
Jorge Zofebol

Grand Rapids, MI

#6 May 13, 2008
The old witch got her 15 minutes of fame.
Cascade MI

Colorado Springs, CO

#7 May 13, 2008
They should be able to keep the portable outhouse on site all summer. Rockford is no better that other cities. Anybody that has a pool or lives on a lake can understand the need for a portable john. The companies that provide these empty then and clean them on a weekly basis. They also provide hand cleaning soap and deoderize them. Rockford is way out of step on this issue.
Hush Puppy

Greenville, MI

#8 May 13, 2008
If it is such a terrible hazard that there has to be a new law about it, why make an exception for schools? Get real. This is a grudge and nothing more, and the power card of having a friend on the council was played and trumped common sense.
rockford

Ionia, MI

#9 May 13, 2008
pissed wrote:
The resident who had the porta potty should just have the swimmers urinate along the fence see how the neighbor likes that.
Thats funny! Buts thats what I would do to that busy body.
rockford

Ionia, MI

#10 May 13, 2008
Jorge Zofebol wrote:
The old witch got her 15 minutes of fame.
And by the looks of her she should be using the swimming pool!
Adam

United States

#11 May 13, 2008
Just another great reason not to live in Rockford.

“Taz say Hi”

Since: Jan 08

Holland,MI

#12 May 13, 2008
Hush Puppy wrote:
If it is such a terrible hazard that there has to be a new law about it, why make an exception for schools? Get real. This is a grudge and nothing more, and the power card of having a friend on the council was played and trumped common sense.
My sentimnet exactly. Why are schools exempt? Maybe because they are not next to the complainer's house?
Another view

Ionia, MI

#13 May 13, 2008
How would you like it if someone put a porta jon next to your bedroom window for an entire summer? While they get cleaned once a week, the smell from the cleaning is enough to make you gag! If it was a short term (couple of days) issue, I don't think the neighbor would have complained, but all summer is a bit much.
Outdoor Lover

Zeeland, MI

#14 May 13, 2008
Another view wrote:
How would you like it if someone put a porta jon next to your bedroom window for an entire summer? While they get cleaned once a week, the smell from the cleaning is enough to make you gag! If it was a short term (couple of days) issue, I don't think the neighbor would have complained, but all summer is a bit much.
I agree.

Have any of you ever walked past a porta-jon on a 90 degree day with 100% humidity?!?!? Now imagine having to smell that all summer from the comfort of your own backyard.

If you are that worried about people tracking water through your house then 1) ask them to dry off first or 2) put a cassette/marine toilet in the corner of the garage and empty in ever night before you go to bed.
JustMe

Ionia, MI

#15 May 13, 2008
If it was stinking I am sure the owner would not have put it there in the first place. I am sure that most of the complainers haven't even been there to know it does not smell and this has been done for years....why now?
Poop

Cambridge, MA

#16 May 13, 2008
I would throw my $hit into the neighbors yard who had that voice. Lame as heL1!
Say What

Battle Creek, MI

#17 May 13, 2008
If I were them I would have it switched out every 48 hours. What are they going to do then - they would be following the ordinance.

I really can't believe that with one person complaining that they changed the ordinance. Like an earlier comment. She has a friend on the council. Unfair politics.

Also, why should schools be exempt?? I will remember that the next time I walk by our use one of the port-a-jons at one of the schools. If they even smell or are dirty you bet the city council will be getting a phone call complaining of the smell. Then what will they do? Change the ordinance again?.

Come on Rockford there has got to be better use of your city councils time.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#18 May 13, 2008
If you live in Rockford, this is what you spend your tax money on.
anonymous

Grand Rapids, MI

#19 May 13, 2008
i think his neighbor should be ashamed of herself. How petty.
Ironic

United States

#20 May 13, 2008
I find it ironic that it took so many years for her to complain about the smell. If it was REALLY a problem you would think that she would have complained earlier.

How sad that one person can make such a commotion to change the ordinance. It just goes to show, "It's not what you know, it's who you know."

Guess the kids will be knocking on her door every time they need to go to the bathroom.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Sun Twopondview 1,186
Local News Women (Apr '09) Sep 14 WMNewsFan 3,016
White women are the biggest hypocrites. Sep 14 Real Deal 4
White males are weak. Sep 14 Real Deal 4
Adult theater Cina-Mini two (Mar '13) Sep 13 Marlene K 17
topless maid in gr (Jul '08) Sep 10 Marlene K 33
News Church shooting victim's girlfriend speaks (Mar '08) Sep 6 Family 132

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages