United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2008

Judged:

This dudes got too much time on his hands, ya think?

“Norwegian Blues stun easily!”

Since: Jun 08

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2008

Judged:

Seriously. And it'd irritating, as it takes up so much space, and pushes the active forums down. Let's hope he doesn't like basketball, too!
Mark

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2008

Judged:

Ditto and Double Ditto

Go away to wherever you came from
Hex No

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2008

Judged:

Right on!
Corruption Control

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2008

Judged:

To the first 4 posters lets remove your posts and topics. Wouldnt like that now would ya. Well everybody likes different things and all are free to post as long as they meet the TOS. The active forums get re-indexed with every new post. Some pretty lame excuses to try and remove a post. remember this is not a communist forum or country like the first 4 posters would like to have it. China or russia would welcome the first 4 posters comunistic views.

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2008

Judged:

Corruption Control wrote:
To the first 4 posters lets remove your posts and topics. Wouldnt like that now would ya. Well everybody likes different things and all are free to post as long as they meet the TOS. The active forums get re-indexed with every new post. Some pretty lame excuses to try and remove a post. remember this is not a communist forum or country like the first 4 posters would like to have it. China or russia would welcome the first 4 posters comunistic views.
Settle down...we're just venting. We're not communists. And I've never posted 200 new topics and one run - it just seemed a bit out of control, that's all. Again, it's good natured venting - we don't want him dead or anything. Freedom of speech, you know. The same rights he has.:)
Kent County

Caseville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2008

Judged:

I agree. The person who posted 800 Football Frenzy posts is an idiot. They should be removed. There doesn't need to be a separate forum for every high school within a 500 mile radius of Grand Rapids.

What if this guy did the same thing for basketball? Baseball? Track & Field? Could you imagine?

He is an idiot for not at least combining them somehow. I am a sports fan, but this is really over the top and completely unnecessary.
Mark

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

Judged:

You and Pete need to refill your lithium descriptions BEFORE they run out.

Chill out, like Playtah stated.
WOHS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

No I've not nothing against what he was trying to do. Maybe if he had posted a survey with all the teams, where people could vote for their favorite team and discuss that would make more sense.

Since: Feb 08

Grand Rapids, Mich.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

Judged:

The Football Frenzy posts are a part of the 24 Hour News 8 coverage for this fall. We're building the posts now and will use them when the season kicks off.
Mark

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

Judged:

I tihnk there is entirely too much coverage given to our highschools dumbest, most violent bullies.

It wouldn't bother me 1 iota if football disappeared from high school altogether.
Buckboy

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

Judged:

Mark wrote:
I tihnk there is entirely too much coverage given to our highschools dumbest, most violent bullies.
It wouldn't bother me 1 iota if football disappeared from high school altogether.
I agree that football should be removed from schools, I also believe that all interscholastic sports should be removed from schools in general. Not that I discount the importance of sports. They are a great tool for children & kids to get a sneak preview to learning some of life's most important lessons. Neither do I think football players (or any other sports) are any dumber than any other athletes or students.

I believe the sports should be funded separate from the schools with funding provided only by the parents of the children involved (or the kids themselves), ticket & concession sales or donations. I am only barely a proponent of public education in general, so I certainly can not support a great deal of effort/resources by the schools to do anything other than educate the basics.
Mary in Kazoo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

FishMich wrote:
The Football Frenzy posts are a part of the 24 Hour News 8 coverage for this fall. We're building the posts now and will use them when the season kicks off.
Yeah right .
All-Idiots

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

Judged:

Justin wrote:
This dudes got too much time on his hands, ya think?
It takes even more of an idiot with way too much time on his hands to start a separate thread about this person. You are even more of an idiot.

Looks like the sports people were setting them up for the up coming highschool football season. Any person with half a brain could have figured that out.
WOHS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

Judged:

All-Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Any person with half a brain could have figured that out.
So you must have half a brain.
All-Idiots

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

Judged:

WOHS wrote:
<quoted text>
So you must have half a brain.
You would think so since I was able to figure it out.
pjducthville

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

Judged:

Get over the "Friday Night Lights" mentality. Why do we treat high school football like a religion? The weekends can exist without wall to wall high school football coverage. I'm surprised the soccer "people" haven't demanded equal time.

We have a "frenzy", a "sports ticket", and coverage "on your sidelines"...what's next, in your earhole?

I admit it's a great diversion from all of the negative news, but 24 hour coverage is a bit much.
Mark

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

Judged:

pjducthville wrote:
Get over the "Friday Night Lights" mentality. Why do we treat high school football like a religion? The weekends can exist without wall to wall high school football coverage. I'm surprised the soccer "people" haven't demanded equal time.
We have a "frenzy", a "sports ticket", and coverage "on your sidelines"...what's next, in your earhole?
I admit it's a great diversion from all of the negative news, but 24 hour coverage is a bit much.
Agreed, and to me what is worse it just highlights the little brats that already get the majority of attention throughout school. Scholastics to me are way underrewarded while Athletics are way overrewarded. I was an athlete in high school, but this putting football players on a pedistal every chance we get is completely out of control. Make them give equal time to the Chess Club or Debate team and this nonsense will end.

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

Judged:

pjducthville wrote:
what's next, in your earhole?
You would be my hero forever if you started a segment called "In Your Earhole".:)
pjducthville

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

Judged:

Anything to get the jump on the other networks. We soon will have a TV 8, 13, or 17 mini-cam in every helmet.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of27
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Grand Rapids Forum right now

Search the Grand Rapids Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery 13 min Flan 684
Local News Women (Apr '09) 2 hr Jimbo 2,289
July 20 1969 History 10 hr Go Blue Forever 9
The Russian need a bullet in his head 11 hr pipedream 1
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 17 hr LSU ART DECO MAN 1,269
Why do people act ghetto? I am talking about al... (Dec '12) 19 hr Lily_Bedwetter 34
Across Michigan, light turnout and upset voters (Jan '08) Sun Curiosityforever 7
•••
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••