First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#123 Oct 1, 2013
free thinker wrote:
<quoted text>
You're sooo predictable. When the stock market does well, you're shilling for Obama all over Topix about it and giving him credit. When it doesn't do well, it's somebody else's fault.
Whoever came up with the term 'voting cattle', hit it right on target.
Wait till working Americans see what the republican government shutdown, will do to their 401K, within just a few days....its was huge last time....And 825,000 furloughed from their jobs...Say this outloud....WHAT'S OBAMA GONNA DO ABOUT JOBS???...Remember how much fun that was?

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#124 Oct 1, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Wait till working Americans see what the republican government shutdown, will do to their 401K, within just a few days....its was huge last time....And 825,000 furloughed from their jobs...Say this outloud....WHAT'S OBAMA GONNA DO ABOUT JOBS???...Remember how much fun that was?
I'm wondering what Obama is going to say to the people to whom he promised they would be able to keep their current Health Insurance.
Like the 12,000 or so people from UPS? Just because they are a minority the promise has already been broken.
We both know it's the tip of the iceburg. More of this is sure to come.
Really

Wyoming, MI

#125 Oct 1, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Wait till working Americans see what the republican government shutdown, will do to their 401K, within just a few days....its was huge last time....And 825,000 furloughed from their jobs...Say this outloud....WHAT'S OBAMA GONNA DO ABOUT JOBS???...Remember how much fun that was?
Riddle me this...why could the Senate pass a bill and Obama sign it so the military members could be paid during the "slimdown" as it is now being called, yet the Senate couldn't compromise with the House on getting a spending bill passed? Oh wait, the only people YOU and the rest of the progessives expect to compromise are the conservatives. My bad. And of course, you won't even consider that Obama's "I don't negotiate" remark was directly related to this government shutdown. What a lemming you are.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#126 Oct 1, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Gee, Blue, I didn't realize you didn't want me to respond. IF that is truly the case, then don't mention me in any of your backstabbing, petty little remarks to TacoBob and Sassy. Of course, by mentioning me, you do realize you are indicating that you are NOT ignoring me as you pretend to do? And the dog and pony show continues.
....Say What???......
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#127 Oct 2, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
The republicans, in yet another fruitless attempt to play a losing game against professional game-players, will offer an opportunity for the dems to fund many of the government's job-providing services today.

Of course Obama and Harry Reid will publicly deem it "DOA" like they always do, and restate "NO NEGOTIATIONS EVER!!!!" because they realize the political advantage they have in public opinion, and they've declared war on republicans. They've even called them terrorists with bombs strapped to their chests - but let's not consider that over the top false outrage, because after all they're liberals.

The bottom line is the dems are as guilty as the republicans for this shutdown. The republicans will take the blame, as they deserve to for once again setting themselves up for this public smackdown, but both sides have held those people who rely on the government for a paycheck hostage. It's a game of political war, and instead of protecting the American people from enemies foreign and domestic, congress will once again put them in jeopardy because neither side can compromise.

I'm with the president on this one. The law passed, horrid as it will turn out to be, and forcing a shutdown over a fight the republicans had virtually no chance of winning was boneheadedly stupid.
The republicans could and should have made a public statement to their constituency that while they are against this law this is not the time to fight it. They should have just let this "train wreck" go forward and as the predictable incidents of Obamacare's true effects happen, remind the American people who warned them and tried to stop it, while offering Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi alternatives all along.

Until the GOP guts itself and comes back with a more game-savvy and cohesive roster, able to not only live up to true conservative values, but also able to play the dirty political games of spin and deceit that the progressives have honed, they'll keep setting themselves up for the left's underhanded tricks.

Pick you battles more wisely dammit!
free thinker

Farmington, MI

#128 Oct 2, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Wait till working Americans see what the republican government shutdown, will do to their 401K, within just a few days....its was huge last time....And 825,000 furloughed from their jobs...Say this outloud....WHAT'S OBAMA GONNA DO ABOUT JOBS???...Remember how much fun that was?
All I hear from voting cattle is 'moo'
free thinker

Farmington, MI

#129 Oct 2, 2013
Oneal wrote:
The republicans could and should have made a public statement to their constituency that while they are against this law this is not the time to fight it. They should have just let this "train wreck" go forward and as the predictable incidents of Obamacare's true effects happen, remind the American people who warned them and tried to stop it, while offering Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi alternatives all along.
'Playing nice' doesn't work with dems and the voting cattle of America don't care.
Troubled times are coming our way and I'm not talking about being deprived of the panda cam for a few days.
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#130 Oct 2, 2013
free thinker wrote:
<quoted text>
'Playing nice' doesn't work with dems and the voting cattle of America don't care.
Troubled times are coming our way and I'm not talking about being deprived of the panda cam for a few days.
You see troubled times approaching. I see an opportunity for a third party to sweep in and kick both of these rotten-to-the-core career politician-infested parties to the curb.

I think there is a very large group of fed-up conservatives and independents who are sick to death of watching the GOP rush into the progressive media-run meat grinder like the rebels at Gettysburg. One, it's a constant source of amusement for the morons who get a thrill up their leg for Obama, and two, it doesn't ever equate to actually helping the American people. This latest dumb move to tie Obamacare into a government funding bill to avoid a shutdown, and it's all-too predictable outcome, is yet another example.

Who couldn't look at the scenario and reason that it was the perfect opportunity for Obama to once again point the finger at republicans for a problem he himself has had a HUGE role in creating? He had the perfect platform to play his nasty, underhanded Chicago-style political game handed to him by the GOP. Polls show that over 70% of Americans did not want Obamacare funding tied to the government shutdown talks.

I say again, conservatives want to see Obamacare repealed. Polls show a large portion of Americans of all political affiliations are not in favor of this "train wreck". But we don't want our representatives making human sacrifices of themselves just to make some ideological point that does virtually nothing to get us closer to our goal.

It was a stupid move and unfortunately once again the American taxpayers pay the price for BOTH parties refusal to do their jobs with integrity and intelligence.
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#131 Oct 2, 2013
free thinker wrote:
<quoted text>
All I hear from voting cattle is 'moo'
Moo?

What's next? You giving away the TP's secret handshake too?
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

#132 Oct 2, 2013
Bob wrote:
Moo?
What's next?
Well...in your case, it would be 'baaaaaa'...
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Highland, MI

#133 Oct 3, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Moo?
What's next? You giving away the TP's secret handshake too?
I thought you liked Baaaaa...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Put Tolls on Our Interstate Highways 52 min SLY WEST 24
Experience a historical Christmas in downtown G... 6 hr DrX 59
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 10 hr Go Blue Forever 1,483
most ludicrious car commercial 20 hr bobolinq 1
happy wife . . . 21 hr bobolinq 1
sony balony Sat Idea Maker 6
Jesus Steals Christmas Back From Satan Sat Who 1
Grand Rapids Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Rapids

Personal Finance