Is Global Warming a fact, true or false.

Is Global Warming a fact, true or false.

Created by Red_Fist on Jul 17, 2008

563 votes

Click on an option to vote

Far to speculative-False

I believe-just because-True

First Prev
of 13
Next Last

“DRILL FOR OIL?, "YES WE CAN"”

Since: Jul 08

Grand Rapids, MI

#1 Jul 17, 2008
Al Gore is at it again, 3 trillion, 10 years.
It is a pile of bunk. or I should say, junk science.
michael g

Lawton, MI

#2 Jul 17, 2008
The earth HAS warmed, that part is true. As to whether or not man has caused it....well, THERE is the fiction.
Shoeless Eluder

Denver, CO

#3 Jul 17, 2008
I guess this gives me a place to lash out. Global warming is a hoax . Algore is a liar , I don't understand why anyone listens to him . He makes 3 trillion dollars seem like a drop in the bucket. Where does he get his numbers. And of course this 3 trillion will double or triple by the time any of his stupid ideas come to fruition if at all . I wonder how many millions of acres will be covered by solar panels or wind generator towers that need to be maintained with probably oil . Oh yeah and the giant factories they will need to build all this stuff .They wouldn't refurbish old factories they would have to build new ones built with "green" materials and environ-mentally friendly construction equipment. Maybe they will raise the money by taxing life because without carbon there is no life .WE are made of it we exhale it heck we even drink it (coca cola, beer) etc. Global warming is the biggest hoax ever . Cant wait for the big chill.

“DRILL FOR OIL?, "YES WE CAN"”

Since: Jul 08

Grand Rapids, MI

#4 Jul 17, 2008
The way I see it, is the do gooders ran out of stuff to infringe on ones life.
So, BINGO, how the hell can you get away from CO2, it trumps all, we breath it out, cows, plants need it and EVERYTHING that burns creates it.

Hygrogen sounds really cool, but wait until the first explosion, from a car or car crash or faulty valve.It is the most rapid burning thing known to man, one itsy bitsy spark and BOOM.
snomad

Hudsonville, MI

#5 Jul 17, 2008
Scientific simplicity explained for all to understand and many still do not believe man significately contributes to global warming. Natural cycles are certainly at work, yet we expedite the process by our mere existence. Save for meteorites and the like, what is here has always been here. This planet could easily consume and recycle our waste, IF we didn't continually strive for a superior life of ease. What you take from the earth/sea you must give back a product it can deal with, not some 10x synthesized lab created chemical.

The poles are slowly changing also... but we hear little of this. Maybe our toilets flushing counter clockwise will need to be the proof. All should know that in regards to global warming, reputable scientists are paid to be controversial in their opinions... self serving and to those who sign the check.

Exxon...

A scorpion wants to cross a creek. He asks a frog if he can ride on his back. The frog says "No, you will sting me and I will drown and die". The scorpion says "No, if I sting you, we will both drown and die". The frog says "You're right... ok, hop on". Half way across the creek, the scorpion stings the frog. The frog asks "Why did you sting me?" "Now we are both going to die!" The scorpion says "You should have known... that's my nature".

Since: Apr 08

Grand Rapids MI

#6 Jul 17, 2008
Most of these comments remind me of the guy who fell off a 20 story building.
at each floor, he was heard yelling " STILL OK".

and he was, till he hit the ground only once.

hmmmmm. maybe a lesson to be learned?
Booby

Hampton, VA

#7 Jul 17, 2008
Yes it's a fact. Get a clue. As for what is causing it....I guess that's up for debate. The majority of scientist and climate experts believe humans are causing at least SOME of it. I think it would be wise to believe what the majority says but you will always have the uneducated doubters and people who could care less. You get a lot of those types in this country especially.

“DRILL FOR OIL?, "YES WE CAN"”

Since: Jul 08

Grand Rapids, MI

#8 Jul 17, 2008
It is not a fact.
The only fact is this is a media brainwashing, and that is all it is.
the Binkman

East Lansing, MI

#9 Jul 18, 2008
I have heard that Al Gores home is huge and that
they use far more energy than most people. Anyone know if this is true?
also

Pueblo, CO

#10 Jul 18, 2008
What a poorly written question. Do you work for Wood TV?

Union All The Way

“So what!!”

Since: Apr 08

Lakeview, Mi.

#11 Jul 18, 2008
the Binkman wrote:
I have heard that Al Gores home is huge and that
they use far more energy than most people. Anyone know if this is true?
You tell me.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/goreh...

“Aut viam inveniam aut faciam ”

Since: Feb 08

Muskegon

#12 Jul 18, 2008
It is a poorly worded poll/question...but convenient (no pun intended) for the poller, huh?

Do you want eggs with your torture or torture with your eggs?

Sheesh, what moron made this poll.

Now, as to global warming, I believe it is all too true and an even more dire and pressing need than we realize.

I love the apologists for the industry that say it doesn't exist. It does.

They seem to be saying that humans can continue to dump billions of tons of carbon into the air (that did not exist 100 years ago) foul up our water with crap and pollute our earth's soil with anything we want and there will be no consequence.

Do you people REALLY believe that we can keep pumping that crap into the earth, water and air by the bucketload and NOT have any consequence?

Do you people REALLY believe that there we can use the planet as our own personal cesspool without reprecussions?

Are you on the same planet I am from? If so, get off so I can clean up after you people. Go somewhere else where you can pour toxic sludge into your groundwater, make electricity from fossil fuels that cause acid rain and hurt your trees.

Are you all ostriches sticking your heads into the sand? Wake up! We clearly cannot keep doing this. We will (if we haven't already) destroy this planet if we do keep going the way we are.

Besides that...wouldn't it really reduce our dependence upon foreign oil if we were to become heavily invested in green energy technology?

Wouldn't being independent from foreign oil make our nation safer and more secure?

I don't know about you guys, but I am all for doing anything that will enable us to tell OPEC "Go screw yourselves. In fact, here is some lubricant to help you out with that."

Why aren't you all down with that?
Shoeless Eluder

Denver, CO

#13 Jul 18, 2008
TheKaisho42 wrote:
It is a poorly worded poll/question...but convenient (no pun intended) for the poller, huh?
Do you want eggs with your torture or torture with your eggs?
Sheesh, what moron made this poll.
Now, as to global warming, I believe it is all too true and an even more dire and pressing need than we realize.
I love the apologists for the industry that say it doesn't exist. It does.
They seem to be saying that humans can continue to dump billions of tons of carbon into the air (that did not exist 100 years ago) foul up our water with crap and pollute our earth's soil with anything we want and there will be no consequence.
Do you people REALLY believe that we can keep pumping that crap into the earth, water and air by the bucketload and NOT have any consequence?
Do you people REALLY believe that there we can use the planet as our own personal cesspool without reprecussions?
Are you on the same planet I am from? If so, get off so I can clean up after you people. Go somewhere else where you can pour toxic sludge into your groundwater, make electricity from fossil fuels that cause acid rain and hurt your trees.
Are you all ostriches sticking your heads into the sand? Wake up! We clearly cannot keep doing this. We will (if we haven't already) destroy this planet if we do keep going the way we are.
Besides that...wouldn't it really reduce our dependence upon foreign oil if we were to become heavily invested in green energy technology?
Wouldn't being independent from foreign oil make our nation safer and more secure?
I don't know about you guys, but I am all for doing anything that will enable us to tell OPEC "Go screw yourselves. In fact, here is some lubricant to help you out with that."
Why aren't you all down with that?
I think I agree with you on a lot of your points. But my problem is with these rabid environ-mentalists who I believe have a different agenda.

“Aut viam inveniam aut faciam ”

Since: Feb 08

Muskegon

#14 Jul 18, 2008
BTW,

Yes. Al Gore's home does use an obscene amount of electric and gas.

However, it is, after all, a frigging MANSION.

Perhaps he should downsize his home so to more fit the expectations of others? Maybe he should live in a big wooden shoe, just so he appears more credible?

Killing the messenger isn't going to make the message go away, folks. It isn't going to make the millions upon millions of tons in CO2 disappear from our skies nor make freshwater more plentiful, clean and safer to drink. If it makes you feel better to point out the man's supposed "hypocrisy" well, then, you go feel better, ok? But when your grand-children havve to live in rural america with "Ozone Action Days" don't blame Al Gore or his ESTATE...blame yourself for not heeding the message.

Also, I love how they compare the utility usage of a MANSION with that of the "average american home."

A mansion with a sprawling estate is about as far removed from "average" as a Honda Fit is from an Maybach.

Oh, and as far as I know, he is making every effort to make his estate more Green. It is, however, an older home...maybe only so much one can do with it?

Union All The Way

“So what!!”

Since: Apr 08

Lakeview, Mi.

#15 Jul 18, 2008
TheKaisho42 wrote:
BTW,
Yes. Al Gore's home does use an obscene amount of electric and gas.
However, it is, after all, a frigging MANSION.
Perhaps he should downsize his home so to more fit the expectations of others? Maybe he should live in a big wooden shoe, just so he appears more credible?
Killing the messenger isn't going to make the message go away, folks. It isn't going to make the millions upon millions of tons in CO2 disappear from our skies nor make freshwater more plentiful, clean and safer to drink. If it makes you feel better to point out the man's supposed "hypocrisy" well, then, you go feel better, ok? But when your grand-children havve to live in rural america with "Ozone Action Days" don't blame Al Gore or his ESTATE...blame yourself for not heeding the message.
Also, I love how they compare the utility usage of a MANSION with that of the "average american home."
A mansion with a sprawling estate is about as far removed from "average" as a Honda Fit is from an Maybach.
Oh, and as far as I know, he is making every effort to make his estate more Green. It is, however, an older home...maybe only so much one can do with it?
Al Gore says we need to use less energy. His "mansion" consumes vast amounts of energy. Big business says take a pay cut or overseas we go. They get a pay cut from average joe and give themselves a raise. See anything in common here?
rjhall

Comstock Park, MI

#16 Jul 18, 2008
Red_Fist wrote:
The way I see it, is the do gooders ran out of stuff to infringe on ones life.
So, BINGO, how the hell can you get away from CO2, it trumps all, we breath it out, cows, plants need it and EVERYTHING that burns creates it.
Hygrogen sounds really cool, but wait until the first explosion, from a car or car crash or faulty valve.It is the most rapid burning thing known to man, one itsy bitsy spark and BOOM.
Gasoline is far more volatile than hydrogen, it also contains more energy per volume than hydrogen yet we don't see all the problems you listed with gasoline.
Bob Twill

Marshall, MI

#17 Jul 18, 2008
rjhall wrote:
<quoted text>Gasoline is far more volatile than hydrogen, it also contains more energy per volume than hydrogen yet we don't see all the problems you listed with gasoline.
I'm thinking of the Hindenburg...

As far as Global Climate Change (current P.C. title) it's a bunch of hooey. Total bunk that man has forced the earth's climate to change. My thought is this is a way for the liberal, tree hugging groupies along with their friends in the UN to reduce our influence in the world. It's all about power, the UN wants to be the supreme ruler and dictate who can do what. Al wants to spend upwards of 3 TRILLION dollars to convert the US to 100% renewable resources. Just where is that money going to come from??? Congress can't balance a budget as it is.
rjhall

Comstock Park, MI

#18 Jul 18, 2008
Bob Twill wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm thinking of the Hindenburg...
As far as Global Climate Change (current P.C. title) it's a bunch of hooey. Total bunk that man has forced the earth's climate to change. My thought is this is a way for the liberal, tree hugging groupies along with their friends in the UN to reduce our influence in the world. It's all about power, the UN wants to be the supreme ruler and dictate who can do what. Al wants to spend upwards of 3 TRILLION dollars to convert the US to 100% renewable resources. Just where is that money going to come from??? Congress can't balance a budget as it is.
The Hindenburg was struck by lightening, think what would happen if a gasoline tank was hit by lightening, it would be the same.
Rock

New York, NY

#19 Jul 18, 2008
Can I be tortured with eggs? Is that an option?

It is a fact...glaciers and polar caps are meliting. I am sure we contribute a small amount to that. However, if you look back through history over hundreds of millions of years, you will find it is a natural cycle of the earth. I guess Al doesn't watch the History or the Science channel. Probably too busy preaching....
Mark

Lovington, NM

#20 Jul 18, 2008
rjhall wrote:
<quoted text>The Hindenburg was struck by lightening, think what would happen if a gasoline tank was hit by lightening, it would be the same.
Where in the world do you get your facts? I just googled it and checked several sites and all of them say the cause is\was undetermined.

You really need to do some better fact checking if you want everybody to accept you as the adult you allege to be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News a Very conservativea platform, Pence VP pick me... 19 hr RushFan666 11
Adult theater Cina-Mini two (Mar '13) Fri Idea Maker 11
Politics aside, I'm sick of Beyonce Fri Idea Maker 1
Give Yourselves To Muhammad! Thu BubbaAli 2
Local News Women (Apr '09) Jul 20 Mi Hung 2,667
Review: TerryTown RV Superstore (Aug '15) Jul 18 SWheeler 5
Donald Trump has no chance Jul 18 good grief anyhow 48

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages