Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery

Jun 19, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WOODTV.com

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich Today is June 19th, but it's more than that. It is a date that is celebrated as the day when enslavement ended in America back in 1865 and is also known as Juneteenth.

Comments
81 - 100 of 738 Comments Last updated 25 min ago

“I'm a proud grandma”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jun 29

Judged:

We celebrate Juneteenth more than the 4th of You Lie, with many family members being from Texas and all.

With the cultural genocide that resulted from slavery, why shouldn't Black Americans have a holiday to celebrate?
kookierecluse

Charlotte, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jun 29

Dr X wrote:
<quoted text>What's your fascination with the Redwood tree? Is that what the bedpost your father tied you to as a child made from?
It's the type of wood used to make their lip plates..hence the fascination. No wonder pipedream is fussy, those splinters must have hurt getting pulled out of his inner-ass.
Who

Wyoming, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jun 29

bdwg wrote:
ok - so i messed up on the president at the time. my bad.
and at that - that's 1 more thing Bush did wrong. yep - i said it. there are others i've pointed out before - search if you wanna know. they're on the 'net for all to see.
from your link - "TARP was supported by Obama as a candidate and continued by the Obama Administration. Early in the Obama Administration, around the time the AIG bonus scandal broke, there was a sense that TARP may be terminated and that a new program for insolvent banks would be put in place. But, of course, that didnít happen. In fact, Obama threatened to veto any attempt by Congress to restrict the dispersal of additional TARP funds."
so obviously Obama likes giving the bank $$ with no strings attached. as much as he says they are bad....
You're "bad"...!?! That's it?

People like you are directly RESPONSIBLE for that asshole commie sitting in the oval office and all you can say "oops, my bad".

Thanks for nothing dick.

The joke is on you idiots though, you're the ones who didn't see it coming and are to blame for what's going to be because it's going to effect you imbeciles too.
pipedream

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jun 29

Really wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently you missed the part where GW used 1/2 of the TARP and left the other half for OBAMA to do with as he saw fit???? Yeah, continue to run your cowardly little mouth about the Republicans and ignore the Democrats raping you. You are a tool!
You're one fat mixed up bitch aren't you?

Congress approved half of the $700 billion bill to be used in 2008. The remaining $350 billion was never used. The Obama Administration had no involvement in how or where the money was given to. The $350 Billion used was authorized by Congress and approved when GWB and his Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson were in office and was given mostly to bailout banks and Wall Street when the economy collapsed under Bush's watch.(Source: Treasury Dept.)

Just plug your pie hole Really. Once again you opened it and nothing sensible or accurate came out. This happens with you all the time. You should know by now to keep your yap shut.
Alice

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jun 29

Judged:

Pippy wrote:
<quoted text>
"She was doing thst act with your sister."
You poor thing. Learn how to use your spell check. BTW that was your Dad dressed like a woman that you nailed in the butt.
pls don't be alarmed by ncssry brevity, slang, mispellngs, or illogical autocorrect you grammarian

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jun 29

pssst... i didn't vote for Obama nor would i EVER vote for a CRIMINAL like that... let's just get that straight.

i knew pretty much what was coming if he got in office.. and a lot of it has come true. it ain't over till the fat-lady sings...
Dr X

Byron Center, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jun 29

bdwg wrote:
pssst... i didn't vote for Obama nor would i EVER vote for a CRIMINAL like that... let's just get that straight.
i knew pretty much what was coming if he got in office.. and a lot of it has come true. it ain't over till the fat-lady sings...
And that "fat lady" has swallowed her glass of warm water and is doing her breathing warm-ups right about now.
bonds77

Holland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jun 29

Who wrote:
<quoted text>
If only someone would have taken them out at woodstock we could have gotten rid of thousands of worthless stoned hippies and we wouldn't be dealing with their useless children and grandchildren now.
Funny how the most conservative states tend to be the poorest, isn't it?
bonds77

Holland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jun 29

pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
Congress approved half of the $700 billion bill to be used in 2008. The remaining $350 billion was never used. The Obama Administration had no involvement in how or where the money was given to. The $350 Billion used was authorized by Congress and approved when GWB and his Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson were in office and was given mostly to bailout banks and Wall Street when the economy collapsed under Bush's watch.(Source: Treasury Dept.)
Just plug your pie hole Really. Once again you opened it and nothing sensible or accurate came out. This happens with you all the time. You should know by now to keep your yap shut.
Shhhh....only THEY can have "facts"

Fact- TARP ended up making money.
FIan

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jun 29

bdwg wrote:
...such a twig U R .....if you voted, you voted for a criminal.

....yeah U knew what was coming///////...on the fifth year at Topix i will earn my topix tinfoil hat...

....lofty goal.

...Clown Face U never fail to amuse me.
Who

Wyoming, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jun 29

bonds77 wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, that's a complete LIE.

Secondly, let's see your proof.
Who

Wyoming, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jun 29

bdwg wrote:
Nobody wants to hear moochelle sing.
Really

Wyoming, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jun 30

Judged:

pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
http://money.cnn.com/2009/01/1 2/news/bush.tarp/index.htm?pos tversion=2009011222 No pictures so you might not be able to understand what the article says, but ask Mommy or Daddy to help you with it, that is if you can get out of their bed long enough to talk. Nice try though little man. Too bad you can't figure out how to just sit down, shut up and buckle up because your ride is about to get a whole lot rougher.
Really

Wyoming, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jun 30

bonds77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Shhhh....only THEY can have "facts"
Fact- TARP ended up making money.
You're as delusional as pippy! Are you related?
Really

Wyoming, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jun 30

bonds77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Source? never mind, I forgot, progressives don't need them, they can just say whatever they want and it's the "truth". Whatever.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jun 30

Judged:

U.S. NEW HOME SALES CONTINUE TO SEE RECOVERY...Associated Press .(6-25-14)....May's 18.6% jump makes for six-year high, erases winter declines.....
Ron

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jun 30

Alice wrote:
<quoted text>pls don't be alarmed by ncssry brevity, slang, mispellngs, or illogical autocorrect you grammarian
Jason, you are only being correct so much because you have had a infatuation under your other personalities correcting everybody else. BTW, how has the Rainbow Club been treating you lately?
Alice

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jun 30

Ron wrote:
<quoted text>
Jason, you are only being correct so much because you have had a infatuation under your other personalities correcting everybody else. BTW, how has the Rainbow Club been treating you lately?
You are the dickhead using a phone that is smarter them you bubba.
BBC

Holland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jun 30

i thougt go blue forever was jason.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jun 30

Ms Mack wrote:
We celebrate Juneteenth more than the 4th of You Lie, with many family members being from Texas and all.
With the cultural genocide that resulted from slavery, why shouldn't Black Americans have a holiday to celebrate?
What is MLK's birthday?.....Replacing Abraham Lincoln's birthday as a national holiday.....slavery/genocide card is wearing thin....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Grand Rapids Discussions

Search the Grand Rapids Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do people act ghetto? I am talking about al... (Dec '12) 18 min The Illuminati 37
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 17 hr Torch14th 931
Grand Rapids Police Close The Books On An Unsol... 18 hr Go Blue Forever 1
Is Terri Lynn Land a slumlord? (Jan '12) Thu Arthur 78
More Lois Lerner Email Shenanigans Thu Oneal 4
Local News Women (Apr '09) Wed SOS in Mesa 2,293
Review: A-1 Appliance Repair (Jan '10) Jul 23 Cooking Herb 20
•••
•••
•••
Grand Rapids Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••