Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of...

Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery

There are 793 comments on the WOODTV.com story from Jun 19, 2014, titled Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery. In it, WOODTV.com reports that:

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich Today is June 19th, but it's more than that. It is a date that is celebrated as the day when enslavement ended in America back in 1865 and is also known as Juneteenth.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOODTV.com.

First Prev
of 40
Next Last
Really

Wyoming, MI

#899 Aug 23, 2014
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
All the facts on this shooting and what lead to it aren't even out yet (except the lies and other b.s. you're getting from faux blows and other white trash spin machines you're getting your "facts". from), but yet you've been on here for the last 10 days sounding off with rants condemning and blaming the victim, his family, the protestors and anyone and everyone else you hate, as if you have all the facts. Just why and how are you so much in the know Jethro? Sounding off when you don't have all the facts and I guess that makes you the big mouth I say you are - doesn't it? Then you claim not to be a racist; that you're only expressing your 1st amendment rights? LOL now that IS a laugh ... Good thing you're able to do all this while hiding behind your keyboard in the confines of your little trailer, all safe and sound. Your a whole lot safer there than you'd be if you were voicing in public or on the street in Ferguson what you do so well on Topix. But then again white trash inbreds like you will never learn they, will they?
And another thing, Jethro, the vast majority of protestors in Ferguson have been peaceful, law abiding and orderly. This is well documented. Its also fact that the vast majority of protestors have not condoned the actions of the few who've caused the trouble. This is the case despite how this shooting went down and how the police historically have conducted themselves in that community. As a whole, the police are not deserving of the respect they think they have coming to them. Not in the least. The blacks in that community have some LONG standing legitimate grievances that are now coming to the forefront. And I'm not talking about blacks who are law breakers. I'm talking about average, law abiding blacks who've been the victims of harassment by the police historically.
STUPID!!!!!!!
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#900 Aug 23, 2014
Blackhorse wrote:
<quoted text>
I would not hold your breath if I were you Oneal. Pipedream has never given one word of proof for any of his claims. He has a hummingbird a$$ and an alligator mouth.
No doubt about it. Squeak cornered himself again in is own stupidity.
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#902 Aug 23, 2014
kookierecluse wrote:
<quoted text>
bullshit response" was the police releasing facts that the black community didn't like.
Bingo .. Bullseye which would you like? lol
Trayvon The Ghost

Littleton, CO

#904 Aug 23, 2014
Yo man, how comes dthose police just dont's gives us free packs of Skittles? Sheeet...
Ian what R U saying NOW

Honolulu, HI

#905 Aug 23, 2014
Blackhorse wrote:
<quoted text>
I would not hold your breath if I were you Oneal. Pipedream has never given one word of proof for any of his claims. He has a hummingbird a$$ and an alligator mouth.
This couldn't be the real BH because he has groveled to a higher mesa. But then again there are homosexual tendencies using @ss and mouth the way he did.
Never would i let him rub linseed oil on my gun barrel.
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#906 Aug 25, 2014
http://www.vox.com/2014/8/25/6063831/two-numb...

"the median household income was $53,891, down from $55,589 in inflation-adjusted dollars when the economic expansion began in June 2009." So the middle class is poorer today than they were five years ago.

Scarier yet: that puts median household incomes today below where they were in 2000. "The middle-income American family is worse off, in other words, than it was 14 years ago,"

A new US Census Bureau report shows that the median household's net worth fell from $106,591 in 2005 to $68,839 in 2011. That's a stunning drop.

But hey, the upside is that all those happy campers that Pipsqueak envies can live in their fancy popups if things get too bad!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#907 Aug 25, 2014
Guess they did'nt harvest any of those huge amounts that were gonna flow down.......You know, the reason we weren't allowed to raise taxes on the SUPER-WEALTHY???.......The Wealth Gap has been growing for over a decade......
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#908 Aug 25, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Guess they did'nt harvest any of those huge amounts that were gonna flow down.......You know, the reason we weren't allowed to raise taxes on the SUPER-WEALTHY???.......The Wealth Gap has been growing for over a decade......
Obama could have done that during his first term, but he needed those rich fat cats' votes for his second term. Instead he pitched a complete burden on the middle class in the form of progressive-style health care, then wined and dined his wealthy campaign donors.
Really

Holland, MI

#909 Aug 25, 2014
Apparently the actual reason for no action by Obama has been missed? Seems there are billionaire democrats out there (oh no! say it isn't so) that would be really, really pissed if their taxes were raised....hmmm, must be Obama can't find a way to raise taxes on just those evil rich Republicans!
Ron Hubbard

Honolulu, HI

#912 Jun 15, 2015
FiIan wrote:
Oh yeah...Good luck to U fake Hispanic person. You reek of a certain "runner".
Ah Heraldo the memories. For you it is , the same as it ever was..
Ian

Fairmont, WV

#913 Sep 5, 2015
bdwg wrote:
but i digress....
Often you do.
Apparently.
Idea Maker

United States

#914 Sep 5, 2015
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Slavery survives, and as close as Haiti.
Slavery survives, and as close as the UNITED STATES. It's called CRIME. Yes, we have the 13th Amendment, but CRIMINALS don't respect the Constitution.

If you were to force someone to do something at gunpoint, wouldn't that be slavery in practice?
Idea Maker

United States

#915 Sep 5, 2015
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Yet black Americans never acknowledge this.....Kinda shows the depth of their true regard for slavery.....
Yet AMERICANS never acknowledge this.

Yes, black people are ignorant. But so are the rest of us. We don't need to single out blacks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 40
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local News Women (Apr '09) 4 hr NewsFan13 2,927
News Michigan lawmaker proposes bill banning Sharia Law Jun 18 Muzzie confusion 12
Quote of the Day (Feb '08) Jun 16 Kelly Joanne Cannon 479
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Jun 16 A Commenter 1,176
The Geek Group Jun 15 Redrider87 3
News Teen shot by police on probation for earlier sh... May 31 About time 1
News 18-year-old shot by Grand Rapids police during ... May 31 No doubt 1

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages