Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of...

Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery

There are 793 comments on the WOODTV.com story from Jun 19, 2014, titled Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery. In it, WOODTV.com reports that:

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich Today is June 19th, but it's more than that. It is a date that is celebrated as the day when enslavement ended in America back in 1865 and is also known as Juneteenth.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOODTV.com.

uppercut

Fairfield, CA

#837 Aug 11, 2014
Trey gowdy for president 2016.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#838 Aug 11, 2014
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
“The unemployment rate rose to 6.2% from 6.1%,” continues USA Today,“the Labor Department said Friday.”
U.S. JOBLESS BENEFIT APPLICATIONS DECLINE........FOUR-WEEK AVERAGE HAS DROPPED TO LOWEST POINT SINCE FEBRUARY 2006......Associated Press .(8-8-14)......The recent hiring spurt has encouraged more to start looking for work......
Phil

Oxford, MI

#839 Aug 11, 2014
Oneal wrote:
“You give me this office and, in turn, my fears, doubts, insecurities, foibles, need for sleep, family life, vacations, leisure is gone. I am giving myself to you." (BO on the campaign trail in 2008, telling another of what would turn into a long list of lies).
On Saturday, amid American missiles zinging into Iraq, President Dipshyt left Washington for another two-week vacation in Martha’s Vineyard.
That is a amazing quote! I should not be amazed but it but it is amazing.
Phil

Oxford, MI

#840 Aug 11, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> U.S. JOBLESS BENEFIT APPLICATIONS DECLINE........FOUR-WEEK AVERAGE HAS DROPPED TO LOWEST POINT SINCE FEBRUARY 2006......Associated Press .(8-8-14)......The recent hiring spurt has encouraged more to start looking for work......
While hundreds of people are being buried alive. People are once again being slaughtered, children are holding the decapitated heads of their victims. Here you are ..... God you truly are ignorant.
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#841 Aug 11, 2014
Rob wrote:
<quoted text>
They have turned up a lot of blacked out print and missing information
Lol. They have, have they twerp. I'm afraid the only blacked out print and missing info is inside that pea-bagger tiny hat rack that sits on your pencil neck you little azzhole. In any case, if you have something that was redacted, missing, pulled from, etc., from any of the multiple reports, investigations by multiple agencies, congressional committees and other sources, lets see it. Otherwise I do think the best place for you these days is that part time fast food job on the drive thru window. Just make sure you bring an extra couple sets of underwear. You're a f'g joke. Thanks for the smiles bimbo.
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#843 Aug 12, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> U.S. JOBLESS BENEFIT APPLICATIONS DECLINE........FOUR-WEEK AVERAGE HAS DROPPED TO LOWEST POINT SINCE FEBRUARY 2006......Associated Press .(8-8-14)......The recent hiring spurt has encouraged more to start looking for work......
More people have given up looking. Too bad. Perfectly able-bodied Americans no longer looking, or accepting part-time work as nothing else is available.

Love to cheerlead with you, Blue, but the reality of the jobs situation in America offers little for people who actually care about this country cheer about.

I guess it's easier for someone no longer working to just sit back and buy into whatever you want, but for those of us who are contributors, AP spin means little.
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#844 Aug 12, 2014
Rob wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw poor baby! I guess I hit a nerve. Lol
Why don't you stick to current affairs? I think you should send your leftwing sites a message telling them if they can't be more prompt on their spinning you will have to find other sources for your bullshit.
LOL ... the only missing print around here is pipsqueak's promised "proof" on the jobs and economy debate. He seems to have blacked-out and regressed back to Benghazi again.

Pity ... a life of pot and progressive submissiveness.
pipedream

Ann Arbor, MI

#845 Aug 12, 2014
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL ... the only missing print around here is pipsqueak's promised "proof" on the jobs and economy debate. He seems to have blacked-out and regressed back to Benghazi again.
Actually what I said is how stupid I'm going to make you look over your claims that BLS is in cahoots with Obama to distort their jobs reports. You still sticking to that?
pipedream

Ann Arbor, MI

#846 Aug 12, 2014
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just full of generalization & projection eh stupid? No substance, just b.s.

And what's it called when white trash like you have their noses buried in limpball'z a**hole?
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#848 Aug 13, 2014
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just full of generalization & projection eh stupid? No substance, just b.s.
And what's it called when white trash like you have their noses buried in limpball'z a**hole?
If you have something factual and worth reading post it, otherwise you're just another aged, repressed homosexual with a retarded fixation on cowardly posting grade-school vulgarities from behind your anonymity.

You've been trolling around here for days promising to make people look stupid, and all you've managed to do is make a fool of yourself again by running away like a little coward.

Put up or shut up. Either way, you'll wind up looking ridiculous again.
Jason Sanborn Coffee

Holland, MI

#849 Aug 13, 2014
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have something factual and worth reading post it, otherwise you're just another aged, repressed homosexual with a retarded fixation on cowardly posting grade-school vulgarities from behind your anonymity.
You've been trolling around here for days promising to make people look stupid, and all you've managed to do is make a fool of yourself again by running away like a little coward.
Put up or shut up. Either way, you'll wind up looking ridiculous again.
hey Oneal, are you talking to pipedream or that nutcase that posts from Hawaii?
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#851 Aug 13, 2014
Jason Sanborn Coffee wrote:
<quoted text>
hey Oneal, are you talking to pipedream or that nutcase that posts from Hawaii?
Is there any difference?
Jason Sanborn Coffee

Holland, MI

#852 Aug 13, 2014
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there any difference?
nope, not much.
yeah baby

Honolulu, HI

#855 Aug 13, 2014
kookierecluse wrote:
If you really think about it, the economy, as seen thru the milky white narrow-minded eyes of dolts like cockdreamer, IS doing just fine. Just think, want a pay raise? Have another baby! Need some philly blunts and malt liquor? Use your bridge card! Everyone's doing it and the best part, the government won't take it away from you even if you don't really need it! People like polesitter don't have the SLIGHTEST clue about the state of our country because their faucet of cash that's enabled them to be lazy slobs hasn't slowed.
Yet that is....
Sorry pole smoker, being on welfare is NOT considered employment.
You who live in the past remain in the past. There are more highly educated people of color in your hood then you would like to ever believe. But it's safer for you to downgrade others. Ha ha.
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#856 Aug 14, 2014
yeah baby wrote:
<quoted text>
You who live in the past remain in the past. There are more highly educated people of color in your hood then you would like to ever believe. But it's safer for you to downgrade others. Ha ha.
Exactly who do you think benefits the most from black people being "downgraded" and dependent on the gub'ment?

Trust me, we would love for more people of color to become better educated and self-reliant, instead of mooning in front of a camera, claiming some black celebrity they elected president is gonna pay for their rent out of his stash.

I'm sure the people of Ferguson wish there were a few more of those highly educated "people of color" in their neighborhood as opposed to the violent, criminal hoodlum morons currently strengthening the narrative that blacks are their own worst enemy by vandalizing and destroying their own community.

Please spare us the antiquated, "white people want to keep the black man down", BS. It's you who seem mired in the outdated shackles and chain narrative ... haha
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#859 Aug 14, 2014
kookierecluse wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't consider myself a racist If you're a middle-aged white guy up competing for a job against a middle-aged black guy? good luck. Quota.
Apparently you're not qualified for much or you wouldn't be bitching and complaining about quotas and preferential treatment in minority hiring. What goes around comes around asshole. Quotas have been illegal and unconstitutional in the U.S. since the late 70s and as recently as 2003 SCOTUS ruled that giving 'advantages' to minorities was illegal. Where've you been Jethro? However DISCRIMINATION is unlawful and should remain so. Unbeknownst to white trash like you there was a good reason why Affirmative Action came about. If you think you've been discriminated against in hiring then file a law suit asshole. Also, try broadening you job aspirations to something a little more competitive besides the fast food industry.
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#862 Aug 16, 2014
kookierecluse wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't consider myself a racist but I do believe in taking responsibility for your own actions. Our African American population has been and continues to receive preferential treatment in numerous areas of our society, from collegiate scholarships and black-only colleges to television stations designed specifically for the black population. If you're a middle-aged white guy up competing for a job against a middle-aged black guy? good luck. Quota. So if black people want "equality", why do these type of things exist? Because, in reality, blacks don't want to be equal, they want that preferential treatment and use slavery as the justification even though it ended over 150 years ago, even though blacks themselves were slave owners. So nobody should buy that inequality argument from the group that drives most of those inequalities that are in place today. It's become an excuse, an excuse to blame someone else instead of taking responsibility for their own actions.
Couldn't agree more.

Take the Ferguson, MO black riots and repeated break-in and looting in their own neighborhood for example. The media has bent over backwards to portray the angry, racist mobs throwing rocks and incendiaries at police officers as "peaceful". The newscasters fairly gush over "another non-violent night of peaceful protesting" ... well except another little looting incident and a few hundred rocks thrown at those evil police officers, but hey, that's no big deal, right???

And why are they rioting and acting like angry throngs of criminals? Because one of their own black kids, who had just robbed a convenience store and was walking like a thug down the middle of the street wound up getting plugged by a WHITE cop.

Because, before one shred of verifiable evidence was revealed they had the narrative of "angry racist white cop shoots poor, innocent, cuddly black kid".

Because before an investigation was complete the race-baiting Celebrity-In-Chief opened his big dumb mouth AGAIN chastising the police for "excessive force".

You are correct, black people evidently do not want equality, they want revenge. They evidently want to be able to act like criminals and not be treated as criminals. They evidently want skin color to be taken into consideration only when it benefits what they want. They evidently want to live and be treated by a different set of rules than any other race.

One could ask, "was anything learned by the Trayvon Martin circus?" - where a narrative was created before the facts, the idiot president opened his yap making a biased, ignorant comment before he had all the facts?"

The answer is "YES!". They learned that regardless of truth and facts, if they jump to the popular narrative of white man evil, black man victim, the media and our government will bow down and give them preferential treatment.

Celebrating the end of slavery? Or using slavery as an excuse to live and be treated by a different set of rules than anyone else?
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#863 Aug 16, 2014
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you're not qualified for much or you wouldn't be bitching and complaining about quotas and preferential treatment in minority hiring. What goes around comes around asshole. Quotas have been illegal and unconstitutional in the U.S. since the late 70s and as recently as 2003 SCOTUS ruled that giving 'advantages' to minorities was illegal. Where've you been Jethro? However DISCRIMINATION is unlawful and should remain so. Unbeknownst to white trash like you there was a good reason why Affirmative Action came about. If you think you've been discriminated against in hiring then file a law suit asshole. Also, try broadening you job aspirations to something a little more competitive besides the fast food industry.
Because some overaged, white pothead sissy from Dirtstick Acres Trailer Park qualifies you for what exactly?

We're still waiting for you to "debunk" the last three dozen facts posted here that you ran around like a retarded weasel claiming to make people look stupid over. When you can do more than act like a puss-boi flinging amateur insults from behind the security of your computer for attention maybe you can preach about who's "qualified" to have an opinion.

Until then get in the back of the bus and shut your pot hole.
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#865 Aug 16, 2014
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
Because some overaged, white pothead sissy from Dirtstick Acres Trailer Park qualifies you for what exactly?
LOL You seeing and talking to yourself in the mirror again A**hole?
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#866 Aug 16, 2014
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
We're still waiting for you to "debunk" the last three dozen facts posted here that you ran around like a retarded weasel claiming to make people look stupid over.
I've debunked every lame baseless right winger, T-bagger claim you've posted here stupid. If you want me to continue I'll gladly do so. Why don't you just crawl back to where you came from you big pussy and hide behind your fat momma and STFU because YOUR day here was over along time ago. How about putting that in your pipe and smoke it. Big bad me is why you're so ornery isn't it a**hole? I'll tell you another thing. You're lucky YOU can hide here on Topix because if you opened your big mouth like you do here in public someone is going to take a good swift kick and put their boot up your fat azz. That's a fact. When you start feeling froggy again stupid, just name the place and time. You won't be there but I told you what you can do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Quote of the Day (Jun '08) Wed Kelly Joanne Cannon 2,851
Local News Women (Apr '09) Wed WMNewsFan 3,166
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Jan 14 Wren 1,215
News Trump to end campaign in Michigan Monday with G... (Nov '16) Jan 12 Oneal 25
Why are Christian Reformed people idiots? (May '11) Jan 11 nowiknowbetter 177
Sick of the Bernstein Advantage? (Jun '09) Jan 1 Magic markers 24
Why do people act ghetto? I am talking about al... (Dec '12) Dec 30 RonDon 54

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages