Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery

There are 20 comments on the WOODTV.com story from Jun 19, 2014, titled Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery. In it, WOODTV.com reports that:

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich Today is June 19th, but it's more than that. It is a date that is celebrated as the day when enslavement ended in America back in 1865 and is also known as Juneteenth.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOODTV.com.

Jim

United States

#814 Jul 30, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>,,,rainbow threads?
Oh, don't pull that crap Jason! You know damn well what rainbow threads. I'm not playing these games with you, just answer the question. We all know it is true.
BH made me Say It

Honolulu, HI

#815 Jul 30, 2014
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, don't pull that crap Jason! You know damn well what rainbow threads. I'm not playing these games with you, just answer the question. We all know it is true.
The name and the attitude are exactly the same, only the names and the locations change. Ha ha
Jim

United States

#816 Jul 30, 2014
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently you missed this eh stupid? Check out the links below to see just how bad Bush was in the job creation category.

Bush On Jobs: The Worst Track Record On Record

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2009/01/09/bus...

President George W. Bush entered office in 2001 just as a recession was starting, and is preparing to leave in the middle of a long one. That’s almost 22 months of recession during his 96 months in office.

His job-creation record was horendous. The Bush administration created about three million jobs (net) over its eight years, a fraction of the 23 million jobs created under President Bill Clinton‘s administration and only slightly better than President George H.W. Bush did in his four years in office. President Bush, once taking account how long Bush was in office (2 terms) the facts presented in this article shows clearly he had THE WORST track record for job creation since the government began keeping records.

Here's another one to back up the numbers shown in the first.

The George W. Bush Job Creation Failure

http://www.bushtoll.com/2012/03/05/the-george...

When it comes to job creation, George W. Bush produced the worst results—less than a one percent increase over eight years—of any president since the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) started keeping records in 1939.

BushToll measures from the actual inauguration month to the month of departure, which better reflects a president’s influence on economic policy.

By our reading of the BLS data (non-farm, seasonally adjusted), total employment was 132,694,000 at the beginning of George W. Bush’s term and 133,976,000 at the end, an increase of 0.97 percent over eight years, or an average of 160,250 per year.
Ha, and there is the panzi personality. Yes it is all Bush's fault! Obama is incapable of fixing it because he is not smart enough. All he had on his resume was a community organizer and senator that could only vote present.
Hey dumbass you never answered the question. What about the presidency first term Obama left second term Obama?
Jim

United States

#817 Jul 30, 2014
BH made me Say It wrote:
<quoted text>The name and the attitude are exactly the same, only the names and the locations change. Ha ha
Yes, You noticed that too!
Dr X

Grandville, MI

#818 Jul 30, 2014
FIan wrote:
<quoted text>What does aforementioned mean....
There's something called a dictionary. Avail yourself with its knowledge.
BH fun before din din

Honolulu, HI

#819 Jul 31, 2014
Dr X wrote:
<quoted text>There's something called a dictionary. Avail yourself with its knowledge.
Avail yourself!!!!!!!!!!
Really

Grand Rapids, MI

#820 Jul 31, 2014
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha, and there is the panzi personality. Yes it is all Bush's fault! Obama is incapable of fixing it because he is not smart enough. All he had on his resume was a community organizer and senator that could only vote present.
Hey dumbass you never answered the question. What about the presidency first term Obama left second term Obama?
Pippy doesn't have hard facts to do his whining and complaining. He has to use blogs since the other hard numbers are out there for anyone to find. Pippy won't ever in this life admit that Bush was to blame for some things and yet his numbers in his first term and for the bulk of his second term were very good. ON the other hand, Pippy won't ever admit that Obama is corrupt, incompetent, and a back stabber of the worst sort because that would mean he would have to admit he was wrong and that is something I have noticed most progressives have a very hard time doing.
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#821 Jul 31, 2014
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Pippy doesn't have hard facts to do his whining and complaining. He has to use blogs since the other hard numbers are out there for anyone to find. Pippy won't ever in this life admit that Bush was to blame for some things and yet his numbers in his first term and for the bulk of his second term were very good. ON the other hand, Pippy won't ever admit that Obama is corrupt, incompetent, and a back stabber of the worst sort because that would mean he would have to admit he was wrong and that is something I have noticed most progressives have a very hard time doing.
You mean "BushToll" isn't a legit source of facts? haha

Pippy's a volunteer troll. His mission is to take every open discussion that may be critical of the progressive "cause" and troll it into a poo fling contest. The only way a progressive can claim victory in a political, social or economical debate is to set it into a series of rabbit holes, the first being "It's all Bush's Fault" - hence, BushToll blog. When that doesn't work it's a sure bet you'll get a post filled with vulgar, stupid insults, the anti-religion attack, followed closely by calling you a racist. The same template every single time.

These neo-lib trolls are simply reading from a 'Debating For Idiots' manual spoon fed to them by radical anti-Americans far smarter than the simple-minded, submissive, class envy potheads they take advantage of.
pipedream

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#822 Jul 31, 2014
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean "BushToll"
That's right stupid. Bush toll uses same sources you did. In fact their data is taken right from the same sources every legitimate reporting entity gets their data since they started keeping records. So did the WSJ, the other source I used to blow up your Bull $h1t. Yes O stupid their report used the very same data. Their data, results, & their conclusions just run counter to your silly agenda. BTW ... who are trying to impress? In any case, you don't like me either. That's too bad for you. I make you look stupid and you can't stand that either, you narsissitic, paranoid sob. I'm going to have fun with you on your jobs & hate & blame Obama spin machine. Bring it on a**hole.:-)
Blackhorse

Holland, MI

#823 Jul 31, 2014
Now FIan thinks I'm: Dr.X, Jim, Really and Oneal.

Sorry to burst your bubble Ian, but I am not them using proxy servers.(Unlike yourself)

By the way, pipedream is from Holly, Mi and Ian posts from Holly, NY. Funny how that works. LOL
Jim

United States

#824 Jul 31, 2014
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>That's right stupid. Bush toll uses same sources you did. In fact their data is taken right from the same sources every legitimate reporting entity gets their data since they started keeping records. So did the WSJ, the other source I used to blow up your Bull $h1t. Yes O stupid their report used the very same data. Their data, results, & their conclusions just run counter to your silly agenda. BTW ... who are trying to impress? In any case, you don't like me either. That's too bad for you. I make you look stupid and you can't stand that either, you narsissitic, paranoid sob. I'm going to have fun with you on your jobs & hate & blame Obama spin machine. Bring it on a**hole.:-)
Look stupid to who? Seems most on here don't side with you. Actually most are saying you are stupid.
kenny bonifay

Holland, MI

#825 Jul 31, 2014
their prolly wasn't a holly hawii
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#826 Jul 31, 2014
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right stupid. Bush toll uses same sources you did. In fact their data is taken right from the same sources every legitimate reporting entity gets their data since they started keeping records. So did the WSJ, the other source I used to blow up your Bull $h1t. Yes O stupid their report used the very same data. Their data, results, & their conclusions just run counter to your silly agenda. BTW ... who are trying to impress? In any case, you don't like me either. That's too bad for you. I make you look stupid and you can't stand that either, you narsissitic, paranoid sob. I'm going to have fun with you on your jobs & hate & blame Obama spin machine. Bring it on a**hole.:-)
Again, for the moron picking his nose in the back of the class - not that it will do any good the second time ...

The BLS report, which is generating the rosy jobs outlook Blue is posting, are survey-based, from 50,000 households. The numbers represent a puny 3 out of 20,000 households nationwide. The Employment & Training Administration, within the Dept. of Labor, is where the actual job loss counts are found. Employers' payroll record numbers as well. Those numbers show strikingly different figures, such as the workforce under Obama remains down 2.95 million jobs from what it was since he was elected. The real counts show 8.33 million jobs lost from 2009 through 2011.

So, if you'd read my original comment instead of just fired off another ignorant "gotcha" troll rant, you would see that the reports you and "every legitimate reporting entity" (as if the media can lay any claim on legitimate at this point) are gleaning their info from are a small sample poll and therefore easily manipulated, often inaccurately to favor the current administration.

I don't expect you to understand any of this of course, but you seem to constantly be begging for an education. I gave a logical, factual explanation for how Go Blue's rosy outlook is somewhat inaccurate. There's no hate involved in that. The fact you neo-turd libs have to try and make up some excuse for even the slightest criticism of this administration (specifically Obama) only strengthens the case that you're incapable of rational thought and simply parroting the latest talking points that the progressive movement spoon feeds you.

As for having fun, if making yourself look like an ignorant, submissive troll every damned day is fun for you then go for it! I'll likely ignore you, but maybe someone else will want to waste their time smacking you around with your own stupidity for awhile.
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#827 Jul 31, 2014
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Look stupid to who? Seems most on here don't side with you. Actually most are saying you are stupid.
No one ever accused a neo-lib of lacking in the hypocrisy department. If you want to know what today's left is guilty of, look no further than that which they are accusing others.

In pip's case, stupidity and trailer parks seem to keep coming up a lot. Go figure.
Guru

United States

#828 Jul 31, 2014
Then again i'm rubber snd you're glue. Wharever you say to others bounces off of them and back to you.
After reading a few posts that is probably a step up in intelligence.
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#829 Aug 1, 2014
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
The BLS report, which is generating the rosy jobs outlook Blue is posting, are survey-based, from 50,000 households. The numbers represent a puny 3 out of 20,000 households nationwide. The Employment & Training Administration, within the Dept. of Labor, is where the actual job loss counts are found. Employers' payroll record numbers as well. Those numbers show strikingly different figures, such as the workforce under Obama remains down 2.95 million jobs from what it was since he was elected. The real counts show 8.33 million jobs lost from 2009 through 2011.
LOL Looky here everyone Ostupid is going to slap me around. What's more he tries to impress with his knowledge of BLS statistical analysis. Claims he knows more than BLS; that employment reports are not only flawed but are manipulated by the Obama Administration to improve his stature as POTUS; that BLS is part of another conspiracy by the Obama Admin to fool everyone into thinking he's great. Claims also that DOL Employment and Training Administration has more accurate and reliable data and that their numbers show employment & economy is much worse than BLS and Obama claim.

Is that so Ostupid?

I'm going to have to educate you again.

HAHAHA Ostupid the narcissist and a paranoid one at that!
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#831 Aug 2, 2014
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Looky here everyone Ostupid is going to slap me around. What's more he tries to impress with his knowledge of BLS statistical analysis. Claims he knows more than BLS; that employment reports are not only flawed but are manipulated by the Obama Administration to improve his stature as POTUS; that BLS is part of another conspiracy by the Obama Admin to fool everyone into thinking he's great. Claims also that DOL Employment and Training Administration has more accurate and reliable data and that their numbers show employment & economy is much worse than BLS and Obama claim.
Is that so Ostupid?
I'm going to have to educate you again.
HAHAHA Ostupid the narcissist and a paranoid one at that!
The unemployment rate rose to 6.2% from 6.1%, continues USA Today,the Labor Department said Friday.

During the three months ending in November, the Labor Department estimates the economy added 193,000 jobs each month, whereas during the first three months of 2013, the monthly count was 207,000.

And of course Obama can only blame congress again.

AP/GfK Poll: Obama job approval drops six net points from May to fall to 40-59, both an all time high disapproval and widest approval gap.

Meanwhile, Obama can only dash around the country avoiding the fallout from his party's chickens coming home to roost, tossing out un-presidential, whiny sound-bytes and excuses for his naive voting base to desperately cling to.

It's not a matter of narcissistic or paranoid. It's about those who can look past the spin and those who refuse to - or are just too ignorant to do so.

Pipedream, you're a 50+ year old adult, but the party you bend over for on a daily basis views you with such pathetic disdain as to feel they have to explain their policies in cartoon format! Has that ever crossed your mind? At some point even you have to wake the F up.
pipedream

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#833 Aug 11, 2014
Numerous investigations, including those by bipartisan Congressional panels & commitees into the Benghazi incident failed to show any wrongdoing whatsoever on the part of the President or his Administration. Where have YOU been? Your must still be in the dark with your head up Limpball' a--hole. Very common topic problem. Get yourself help extricating yourself.
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#835 Aug 11, 2014
You give me this office and, in turn, my fears, doubts, insecurities, foibles, need for sleep, family life, vacations, leisure is gone. I am giving myself to you." (BO on the campaign trail in 2008, telling another of what would turn into a long list of lies).

On Saturday, amid American missiles zinging into Iraq, President Dipshyt left Washington for another two-week vacation in Marthas Vineyard.
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#836 Aug 11, 2014
kookierecluse wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it. Prove to the masses you're nothing more than a narrow-minded simpleton with a 3rd grade education. Prove it you primate!
Pipsqueak's conveniently regressing back to Benghazi, a subject he threw great tantrums about being discussed a month ago, but that now seems to be a safe port in the economic/jobs fact storm that he's hiding from. LOL

So, here we go, back to Benghazi in the never-ending "pop a pothead" Topix carnival:

Pipedream claims, no doubt through such verifiable sources as MSNBC, that "numerous" investigations have conclusively determined there to be no fault on the part of President Dipshyt's administration in regards to the completely inept handling of Benghazi.

BUT...

Keep in mind that the report is now under review by seventeen other government agencies that make up our intelligence community. The heads of those agencies will decide if the report should be declassified.

But, left-leaning outlets, like the Huffington Post, are already saying that its undercutting Republican conspiracy theory claims about this horrific eventbased on statements made by Congressional Democrats.

The report has yet to be released, and this ridiculous "clearing of Obama" is simply more progressive narrative-creating smoke and mirrors so naive little brown shirted pot smokers like pipedream can sleep better at night.

Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC) is the chairman of the House Select Committee on Benghazi, which was approved by Congress last May. The first hearings are coming this September.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 3 hr stewart scott 1,942
News Shop owner will deny - openly gay' customers 5 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 81
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 7 hr Freddie 1,002
News State holds unclaimed property - and it can be ... 13 hr TheMissingMoneyLady 1
bruce jenner!? who cares! Tue ricardo gran polla 6
News Victim in ponzi scheme comes forward (May '09) Tue Batch 37 Pain Is ... 40
are you texas enough? Tue Batch 37 Pain Is ... 2
More from around the web

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]