Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of...

Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery

There are 793 comments on the WOODTV.com story from Jun 19, 2014, titled Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery. In it, WOODTV.com reports that:

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich Today is June 19th, but it's more than that. It is a date that is celebrated as the day when enslavement ended in America back in 1865 and is also known as Juneteenth.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOODTV.com.

FIan

Honolulu, HI

#793 Jul 29, 2014
Dr X wrote:
<quoted text>You and that poser Flan from Honolulu should jump off the Mackinac Bridge together. I'll give you each $50!
I'll give you and BH $100 to go hump the Big Chicken. That is a win win , cause you usually hump it for free.
Dr X

Littleton, CO

#794 Jul 29, 2014
FIan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll give you and BH $100 to go hump the Big Chicken. That is a win win , cause you usually hump it for free.
You are aware that I don't really live in Byron Center, just as you know that I know you don't live in Hawaii.....right? So you can dispense with the jokes about Jake's iconic landmark and quit dissin' the chick'n. Now, if you give me a thousand dollars, I might entertain the idea of posing partially naked in front of aforementioned landmark (for your pleasure I'm sure) and posting the picture right out here on Topix. I'll do it too. Afterword, I can use a small portion of my $1000 to buy a good chicken dinner while washing the grease down with cheap beer. Yes, they have a bar there. What do you say? And it needs to be your money. I don't take food stamps nor do I have a card reader for Bridge Cards.
FIan

Honolulu, HI

#795 Jul 29, 2014
Dr X wrote:
<quoted text>You are aware that I don't really live in Byron Center, just as you know that I know you don't live in Hawaii.....right? So you can dispense with the jokes about Jake's iconic landmark and quit dissin' the chick'n. Now, if you give me a thousand dollars, I might entertain the idea of posing partially naked in front of aforementioned landmark (for your pleasure I'm sure) and posting the picture right out here on Topix. I'll do it too. Afterword, I can use a small portion of my $1000 to buy a good chicken dinner while washing the grease down with cheap beer. Yes, they have a bar there. What do you say? And it needs to be your money. I don't take food stamps nor do I have a card reader for Bridge Cards.
What does aforementioned mean....
Phil

Oxford, MI

#796 Jul 30, 2014
FIan wrote:
<quoted text>What does aforementioned mean....
When you ask a question use this"?".
FIansskullisnumb

Holland, MI

#797 Jul 30, 2014
FIan wrote:
<quoted text>What does aforementioned mean....
this proves my post name is right. drugs do that to mental defective peeps. it means mentioned before. or you can use a dictionary, it is spelled right.
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#798 Jul 30, 2014
FIansskullisnumb wrote:
<quoted text>
this proves my post name is right. drugs do that to mental defective peeps. it means mentioned before. or you can use a dictionary, it is spelled right.
Today's liberals are too lazy to look up definitions ... or facts ... or jobs.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#799 Jul 30, 2014
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
Today's liberals are too lazy to look up definitions ... or facts ... or jobs.
53rd Straight Month of Positive Private Sector Job Growth.......
Jim

United States

#800 Jul 30, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>53rd Straight Month of Positive Private Sector Job Growth.......
It's the 30th of July today.

Location hidden

#801 Jul 30, 2014
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the 30th of July today.
After tomorrow, 54th Straight Month of Private Sector Job Growth....,,,thanks....
Jim

United States

#802 Jul 30, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>After tomorrow, 54th Straight Month of Private Sector Job Growth....,,,thanks....
I bet you're posting this on all the rainbow threads you frequent too.
Jim

United States

#803 Jul 30, 2014
Oh, and you're welcome Qboy.
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#804 Jul 30, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> After tomorrow, 54th Straight Month of Private Sector Job Growth....,,,thanks....
Blue will undoubtedly ignore this:

The BLS report, which is generating the rosy jobs outlook Blue is posting, are survey-based, from 50,000 households. The numbers represent a puny 3 out of 20,000 households nationwide. The Employment & Training Administration, within the Dept. of Labor, is where the actual job loss counts are found. Employers' payroll record numbers as well. Those numbers show strikingly different figures, such as the workforce under Obama remains down 2.95 million jobs from what it was since he was elected. The real counts show 8.33 million jobs lost from 2009 through 2011.

Here's more reality from the ETA that Go Blue won't be copy/pasting any time soon:

115.7 million Americans have filed for unemployment after losing their jobs since Obama's first election.

Despite tens of millions of job-seeking newcomers, Obama's economy remains down nearly 3 million jobs.

As of March 226,000 jobs were lost by higher educated (bachelor and higher degrees).

College grads with lesser degrees suffered losses of 86,000 jobs.

Job gains appeared for those with High School but no college education, while those without even a high school diploma were the big winners in March with 409,000 jobs, likely part-time and certainly minimum wage.

So, if Blue and the rest of the Obama morons want to continue to be duped by govt. spun surveys simply because they think it embarrasses conservatives, go right ahead. You're only proving yourselves to be exactly the kind of lazy, ignorant dolts we conservatives have consistently and accurately called you out for being all along.
Jim

United States

#805 Jul 30, 2014
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>Blue will undoubtedly ignore this:

The BLS report, which is generating the rosy jobs outlook Blue is posting, are survey-based, from 50,000 households. The numbers represent a puny 3 out of 20,000 households nationwide. The Employment & Training Administration, within the Dept. of Labor, is where the actual job loss counts are found. Employers' payroll record numbers as well. Those numbers show strikingly different figures, such as the workforce under Obama remains down 2.95 million jobs from what it was since he was elected. The real counts show 8.33 million jobs lost from 2009 through 2011.

Here's more reality from the ETA that Go Blue won't be copy/pasting any time soon:

115.7 million Americans have filed for unemployment after losing their jobs since Obama's first election.

Despite tens of millions of job-seeking newcomers, Obama's economy remains down nearly 3 million jobs.

As of March 226,000 jobs were lost by higher educated (bachelor and higher degrees).

College grads with lesser degrees suffered losses of 86,000 jobs.

Job gains appeared for those with High School but no college education, while those without even a high school diploma were the big winners in March with 409,000 jobs, likely part-time and certainly minimum wage.

So, if Blue and the rest of the Obama morons want to continue to be duped by govt. spun surveys simply because they think it embarrasses conservatives, go right ahead. You're only proving yourselves to be exactly the kind of lazy, ignorant dolts we conservatives have consistently and accurately called you out for being all along.
I'll get this for blue. Better yet let's all say it together, come on we all know the letters.... Sing it with me, here we go now..... But GWB was the one who left America that way!! How could somebody getting on the job training that only knows how to vote present possibly fix the place in two terms??
Hot Sauce Boy method

Honolulu, HI

#806 Jul 30, 2014
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you're posting this on all the rainbow threads you frequent too.
What's wrong with Rainbow threads bigot?
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#807 Jul 30, 2014
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll get this for blue. Better yet let's all say it together, come on we all know the letters.... Sing it with me, here we go now..... But GWB was the one who left America that way!! How could somebody getting on the job training that only knows how to vote present possibly fix the place in two terms??
George Bush's final count at 133,886,830 showed a negligible loss of jobs during his final three months in Office after a record 19 straight calendar quarters of job growth with just 15,557 jobs lost from October through December 2008. In fact, the punishing losses didn't ramp up until the second half of 2009 under Obama's miserable economy, and the first entry-level signs of return didn't appear until spring 2011.

19 straight calendar quarters of job growth with under 16,000 jobs lost from Oct thru Dec 2008, Bush's 134,000,000 had little job loss during his last three months, despite the media's hands-in-the-air blame Bush campaign. The real job losses didn't start amassing until late 2009, under Obama's reign. The first signs of recovery didn't resurface until 2011 around Spring. Bush was not guiltless for sure, but what slooooooow recovery we've seen is despite the progressive anti-business atmosphere, not as a result.
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#808 Jul 30, 2014
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Certainly Bush deserves criticism. I've heard very few conservatives say otherwise, despite the stereotyping BS that we never were critical. He took serious conservative heat for some of his flawed and overarching policies - we just didn't march down the streets with nooses, burning Bush/Cheney effigies like the practically possessed nutball progressives.

No one expected Obama to immediately turn the ship around, except the idiots who elected him. It was only when he failed to live up tot he hype that they suddenly grasped the concept that it takes time to turn the economy around. Funny how that works!

Location hidden

#810 Jul 30, 2014
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Geez, who knows??......but, it's looking kinda fixed....CONSUMER CONFIDENCE AT 7 YEAR HIGH....Florida, Nationally.....just not in the Grand Rapids area.....
Jim

United States

#811 Jul 30, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Geez, who knows??......but, it's looking kinda fixed....CONSUMER CONFIDENCE AT 7 YEAR HIGH....Florida, Nationally.....just not in the Grand Rapids area.....
Are you pasting this on all the rainbow threads you frequent or not? Answer the question. For the record I never said there was any problem with you posting it on your rainbow threads. That is your choice so you don't need to call me a bigot.

Location hidden

#812 Jul 30, 2014
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you pasting this on all the rainbow threads you frequent or not? Answer the question. For the record I never said there was any problem with you posting it on your rainbow threads. That is your choice so you don't need to call me a bigot.
,,,rainbow threads?
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#813 Jul 30, 2014
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
Certainly Bush deserves criticism.
Apparently you missed this eh stupid? Check out the links below to see just how bad Bush was in the job creation category.

Bush On Jobs: The Worst Track Record On Record

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2009/01/09/bus...

President George W. Bush entered office in 2001 just as a recession was starting, and is preparing to leave in the middle of a long one. That’s almost 22 months of recession during his 96 months in office.

His job-creation record was horendous. The Bush administration created about three million jobs (net) over its eight years, a fraction of the 23 million jobs created under President Bill Clinton‘s administration and only slightly better than President George H.W. Bush did in his four years in office. President Bush, once taking account how long Bush was in office (2 terms) the facts presented in this article shows clearly he had THE WORST track record for job creation since the government began keeping records.

Here's another one to back up the numbers shown in the first.

The George W. Bush Job Creation Failure

http://www.bushtoll.com/2012/03/05/the-george...

When it comes to job creation, George W. Bush produced the worst results—less than a one percent increase over eight years—of any president since the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) started keeping records in 1939.

BushToll measures from the actual inauguration month to the month of departure, which better reflects a president’s influence on economic policy.

By our reading of the BLS data (non-farm, seasonally adjusted), total employment was 132,694,000 at the beginning of George W. Bush’s term and 133,976,000 at the end, an increase of 0.97 percent over eight years, or an average of 160,250 per year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 18-year-old shot by Grand Rapids police during ... 1 hr Faith 10
Local News Women (Apr '09) 7 hr Anonymous 2,975
News Construction has few blacks, report says (Aug '07) 7 hr Lena Gomez 620
Why do people act ghetto? I am talking about al... (Dec '12) 7 hr Lena Gomez 52
Mexican people think they own everything. Tru... 7 hr Bob Snyder 1
News New Holland Brewing to host Grand Rapids 1st Wa... Wed Gringa123 1
White people are selective racist. Tue Jester 3

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance