Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of...

Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery

There are 793 comments on the WOODTV.com story from Jun 19, 2014, titled Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery. In it, WOODTV.com reports that:

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich Today is June 19th, but it's more than that. It is a date that is celebrated as the day when enslavement ended in America back in 1865 and is also known as Juneteenth.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOODTV.com.

FIan

Honolulu, HI

#772 Jul 28, 2014
Recognizing Juneteenth in the workplace supports corporate diversity ideals and sends a signal that the company is truly dedicated to its diverse employee base.

Idea!- Decorate a conference room, lobby or workspace with a Juneteenth theme to acknowledge the day's celebration. Bring the group together for refreshments and an explanation of Juneteenth.

Juneteenth Gift Basket

An extended celebration could include artifacts, dance, skits, etc. The event should be celebratory, festive and in honor of African American history. Present co-workers with Juneteenth buttons, t-shirts, etc and encourage them to wear them the remainder of the day.

Idea!- Challenge co-workers to present African American facts, de-bunk myths and stereotypes...

Idea!- Discuss company diversity initiatives and ensure employees that race and gender will never be barriers to their progress within the company.

Idea! Bring in a guest speaker.
Make this an important date on the corporate calendar. Contact JUNETEENTH.com for more ideas!
go pink forever

United States

#773 Jul 28, 2014
How much wood can a woodchuck chuck?
A proxy

Honolulu, HI

#774 Jul 28, 2014
go pink forever wrote:
How much wood can a woodchuck chuck?
depends on how good your phone battery is.
go pink forever

United States

#775 Jul 28, 2014
Dimonds are created by extremely high pressure.
go pink forever

United States

#776 Jul 28, 2014
Would it be strange if my name was Jason and I named all my dolls Jason too?
go pink forever

United States

#778 Jul 28, 2014
I got a new pair of shoes today. Nike sales are now up by one more meaning the economy is doing great and one more slave labor child has a job.
Guru

Los Angeles, CA

#779 Jul 28, 2014
go pink forever wrote:
I got a new pair of shoes today. Nike sales are now up by one more meaning the economy is doing great and one more slave labor child has a job.
Who cares about those grimy kids. If it's pink I am putting the wood to it. After that I would eave a gift in your new shoes to honor your pink lips.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#780 Jul 28, 2014
FIan wrote:
<quoted text>
Mine was the American lab. taller and thinner and having a deep chest. You may want to be careful of the "bloat". Mine survived the operation but later died of an enlarged heart.

1|2NEXT PAGE >
Thanks, i already know some about bloat and have been lucky so far...She treats every meal, like the last one...even eats separate from the little one.....She did have a nasty bout with Heartworms, but has done well on her medication.....thanks....
go pink forever

United States

#781 Jul 28, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks, i already know some about bloat and have been lucky so far...She treats every meal, like the last one...even eats separate from the little one.....She did have a nasty bout with Heartworms, but has done well on her medication.....thanks....
That was not heartworms it was Guru's worm.
Dr X

Littleton, CO

#782 Jul 28, 2014
FIan wrote:
Recognizing Juneteenth in the workplace supports corporate diversity ideals and sends a signal that the company is truly dedicated to its diverse employee base.
Idea!- Decorate a conference room, lobby or workspace with a Juneteenth theme to acknowledge the day's celebration. Bring the group together for refreshments and an explanation of Juneteenth.
Juneteenth Gift Basket
An extended celebration could include artifacts, dance, skits, etc. The event should be celebratory, festive and in honor of African American history. Present co-workers with Juneteenth buttons, t-shirts, etc and encourage them to wear them the remainder of the day.
Idea!- Challenge co-workers to present African American facts, de-bunk myths and stereotypes...
Idea!- Discuss company diversity initiatives and ensure employees that race and gender will never be barriers to their progress within the company.
Idea! Bring in a guest speaker.
Make this an important date on the corporate calendar. Contact JUNETEENTH.com for more ideas!
I think I'll take a pass. We already have Martin Luther King Day and really do not need another "Pity for People of Color" waste of calendar space.
BH uses Pretzel Logic

Honolulu, HI

#783 Jul 28, 2014
Dr X wrote:
<quoted text>I think I'll take a pass. We already have Martin Luther King Day and really do not need another "Pity for People of Color" waste of calendar space.
Oh< go ride a stuffy white chicken you fake doctor.
Dr X

Littleton, CO

#784 Jul 28, 2014
BH uses Pretzel Logic wrote:
<quoted text>Oh< go ride a stuffy white chicken you fake doctor.
Why don't you go find a bike without a seat and ride that....agitator.
FIan

Honolulu, HI

#785 Jul 28, 2014
Dr X wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you go find a bike without a seat and ride that....agitator.
Time to step into the 21th century fake doctor.
I'm no agitator. Think of me as the one who is rubbing your face in the present but you view it as the future.
........."Pity for People ________./You are just one Fn nasty ingrate and probably a parent too!

Bicycles need to be licensed and registered and you need to obey the rules of the road dumb kin. Skateboards are easier and faster.
Don't Panic, I'm Hispanic, fake doctor.
pipedream

Ann Arbor, MI

#786 Jul 29, 2014
kookierecluse wrote:
<quoted text>
Another idiotic response from the Topix ghetto queen. Debating politics with you is hilarious, like that annoying punk kid whose only argument is "nu uh", "did not" or "prove it". Of course we shouldn't expect a person with a third-grade education like yourself to have any debate skills. The fecal matter you spew out of that semen collector of yours is entirely worthless, like your pathetic existence and what you've contributed to society. I mean seriously, if you died tonight, would anyone care tomorrow? Who WOULDN'T want one less unemployed mooch??
Hey stupid. You're looking in the mirror talking to yourself again. Feel better now? ;-)
go pink forever

United States

#787 Jul 29, 2014
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>Hey stupid. You're looking in the mirror talking to yourself again. Feel better now? ;-)
Good comeback!!!!!!! You got him good!!!!!
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#788 Jul 29, 2014
kookierecluse wrote:
<quoted text>
Another idiotic response from the Topix ghetto queen. Debating politics with you is hilarious, like that annoying punk kid whose only argument is "nu uh", "did not" or "prove it". Of course we shouldn't expect a person with a third-grade education like yourself to have any debate skills. The fecal matter you spew out of that semen collector of yours is entirely worthless, like your pathetic existence and what you've contributed to society. I mean seriously, if you died tonight, would anyone care tomorrow? Who WOULDN'T want one less unemployed mooch??
He's just another unsuccessful over 50 loser from the hippie generation who simply comes here for the attention he doesn't get in person by playing tough while hiding behind his anonymity.
Anyone can kick ass online - even an aging, unemployed, uneducated, naive submissive like "pipedream". His name speaks volumes.

If you want to waste time playing "prove it" tag with an adolescent-level old fool that no one has a shred of respect for, go right ahead. The rest of us just let him smack himself around with his own stupidity for awhile before eventually losing interest when it becomes more sad than entertaining.

Pipedream is the pathetic ultimate outcome of a life of liberalism.
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#789 Jul 29, 2014
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
He's just another unsuccessful over 50 loser from the hippie generation who simply comes here for the attention he doesn't get in person by playing tough while hiding behind his anonymity.
Anyone can kick ass online - even an aging, unemployed, uneducated, naive submissive like "pipedream". His name speaks volumes.
If you want to waste time playing "prove it" tag with an adolescent-level old fool that no one has a shred of respect for, go right ahead. The rest of us just let him smack himself around with his own stupidity for awhile before eventually losing interest when it becomes more sad than entertaining.
Pipedream is the pathetic ultimate outcome of a life of liberalism.
Your little world closing in on you loser? Looking for a friend on online forums is tell tale.
Jim

United States

#790 Jul 29, 2014
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>Your little world closing in on you loser? Looking for a friend on online forums is tell tale.
That's another good comeback. Must be why you are here.
Dr X

Littleton, CO

#791 Jul 29, 2014
FIan wrote:
<quoted text>
Time to step into the 21th century fake doctor.
I'm no agitator. Think of me as the one who is rubbing your face in the present but you view it as the future.
........."Pity for People ________./You are just one Fn nasty ingrate and probably a parent too!
Bicycles need to be licensed and registered and you need to obey the rules of the road dumb kin. Skateboards are easier and faster.
Don't Panic, I'm Hispanic, fake doctor.
We're in the 21st century? Say it isn't so! I guess I'll have to conform with the rest of the NWO/COMMIE groups that view me as a single part in the grand machine rather than a living person who values individual liberty. I think you're a communist.
Dr X

Littleton, CO

#792 Jul 29, 2014
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
Your little world closing in on you loser? Looking for a friend on online forums is tell tale.
You and that poser Flan from Honolulu should jump off the Mackinac Bridge together. I'll give you each $50!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Trump is running for prez 4 hr RushFan666 4
News a Very conservativea platform, Pence VP pick me... Mon DR X 29
Local News Women (Apr '09) Mon T-Man 2,668
Adult theater Cina-Mini two (Mar '13) Jul 22 Idea Maker 11
Politics aside, I'm sick of Beyonce Jul 22 Idea Maker 1
Give Yourselves To Muhammad! Jul 21 BubbaAli 2
Review: TerryTown RV Superstore (Aug '15) Jul 18 SWheeler 5

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance