Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of...

Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery

There are 793 comments on the WOODTV.com story from Jun 19, 2014, titled Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery. In it, WOODTV.com reports that:

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich Today is June 19th, but it's more than that. It is a date that is celebrated as the day when enslavement ended in America back in 1865 and is also known as Juneteenth.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOODTV.com.

Really

Wyoming, MI

#662 Jul 21, 2014
Oneal wrote:
It's clear no matter what I say, the progressive idiot squad is going to demean it, because that's what they do. It's also clear, as has happened in the past, when the "proof" of peoples' comments are posted, usually in a long form legal document or statistical report, the same morons demanding the proof are simply too dense to comprehend it, and too lazy to read it.
SO, pipedream ... if you don't trust my word on the trafficking law's "exceptional circumstances" clause, or that Obama could, if he chose to, be using this in the current border mess, maybe you'll accept the word of one of the authors of this law, Sen. Dianne Feinstein, who's also a democrat:
http://blog.sfgate.com/nov05election/2014/07/...
[Feinstein says the law has an “exceptional circumstances” loophole that could give the administration more flexibility to remove children.
She told Department of Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson, who wants more flexibility to deport, that the law contains a provision for “exceptional circumstances” that could provide the administration the authority it wants without changing the law.
She argued that “exceptional circumstances” could be triggered by large numbers coming in.]
Hmmmm .... seems to back up my statement, and explain why and how Obama could put this to use considering the statements made by this administration that indeed these are children, and indeed they are coming over in large numbers.
AND, here is a link to the law, in all it's legal splendor, if you care to parve through it for more "proof":
http://www.state.gov/j/tip/laws/113178.htm
I'm sure this won't appease you either, as you'll demand I waste my time paging through this ridiculously long document to find the exact wording that backs Sen. Feinstein's assertions, but at that I say kiss my ass. I'm done trying to squeeze intelligence out of progressive concrete block.
You're on your own here from here on out, pole smoker. Good luck!
Does it have pictures and is it drawn in crayon????
Really

Wyoming, MI

#664 Jul 21, 2014
Raise da Roof S wrote:
<quoted text> It doesn't matter who appointed her. Laws were broken.
But but but Obama said there wasn't a "smidgen"of corruption?
-Do you believe that?
Are you really asking the dumbest rock in the pile if they believe something??? They don't even know what they actually don't believe because they can't comprehend anything except STFU. Oh wait, that was a rhetorical question wasn't it??? Let's see if pippy little boy knows what that word means.
Guru

Los Angeles, CA

#666 Jul 21, 2014
Raise da Roof S wrote:
<quoted text> Ya know, Obunghole could piss on MLKs grave while whistling fcuking DIXIE and these dumb bastards world STILL (Reggie)Love him! Lolsmh outta this thread for nowl. Peace.
The more I read the more offended I am. Never did I read where anyone proclaimed love for Obama.
Try not to fabricate everyday.:)

“Trump --I forgive all sins”

Since: Mar 11

Columbus Ohio

#667 Jul 21, 2014
Raise da Roof S wrote:
<quoted text> You libtards suuuure like to suck on things. Lol
Isn't it odd that only the emails that were asked for suddenly disappeared 2 years later? What would you queers do if the political partys were reversed? Lolsmh Did you go to stupid and come out the same way?
Now go SLAP ya Mama for birthing such a dumbfcuk.lol
and you rightwingnuts keep grasping at straws wake up nobody likes you extremists just go away
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#668 Jul 21, 2014
Really wrote:
<quoted text>And when they come after your side you will cry like the baby you are and whine like a stuck pig. what's good for the right will be even better for the left. And then, stupid, where does it stop??????
The IRS scrutinized applications for tax exempt status on both sides and went after law breaking tax cheats, most of whom were found to be conservative groups seeking tax exempt status. That is well documented.

Suck on that awhile Stupid.
George

Holland, MI

#671 Jul 21, 2014
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>Suck on that awhile Stupid.
I hear Fian likes sucking on things. Give him a call 1-800-knobgobbler.
anon

Westland, MI

#672 Jul 21, 2014
Uppercut wrote:
Back the slavery celebration, is it like a costume party?. Ill bring the white sheets and chains.
Uppercut:

In civility thou seem'st so empty.
Dr X

Littleton, CO

#673 Jul 21, 2014
kookierecluse wrote:
<quoted text>
The ONLY thing you've proven is that brain-dead fools like yourself are still capable of posting garbage on the web. We can all sit here and try to urge you to see what every other semi-educated being understands but the true litmus test will be in the polls this fall. There won't be enough dead voters to keep the existing progressives in office. Why do you think all of the moderate Dems keep moving as far away as possible from Obuma in hopes their constituents won't bury them for what they've allowed their president to get away with?! Get off the slimy pole you dance on for bus fare and prepare to be in a much smaller group of morons. Support whatever article curls your weak backbone chump, it'll be hard to deny reality when pussies like you are eliminated.
Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll all waste themselves while in a fit of utter depression ....knowing that the dream of collectivism is dying in America.
Dr X

Littleton, CO

#674 Jul 21, 2014
iamcuriousnow wrote:
<quoted text>
and you rightwingnuts keep grasping at straws wake up nobody likes you extremists just go away
Communism is not a good replacement for individual freedom. The extremists are those who seek to rule individuals rather than let individuals rule themselves. Grow up and use the ears and eyes that God gave you!
Dr X

Littleton, CO

#675 Jul 21, 2014
kookierecluse wrote:
<quoted text>
Wtf are you seriously SO high that you actually believe the IRS did NOTHING wrong? Hey news flash Corky, by pleading the 5th and "losing her emails", she herself is admitting wrongdoing! Good fn god go play in traffic.
SHE really does need to meet the Reaper. SHE can end all her suffering by just snuffing herself. It's not that hard!

DO IT PIPEDREAM.........OFF YOURSELF!
bonds77

Holland, MI

#676 Jul 21, 2014
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
Taken from the liberals''Idiots Guide To Debating When You're Too Lazy To Work' handbook:
Chapter One: Call them racists.
Chapter Two: Blame Bush.
Chapter Three: Tell the to STFU.
Simple!
BTW: Don't pat yourself on the back too hard on your theory that everyone gives Obama all that credit. I don't refer to him as the "Celebrity-In-Chief" because I think he's actually working on legislation! I refer to him as that because I know exactly why he was plopped in as the token figurehead for the neo-progressive movement - Chapter One of the Liberal idiot's guide is your first clue.
The fact there's still dopes naive enough to think that Obama's stash is going to pay their rent - and those droolers reside on YOUR side of the political/social fence - should give you reason to look in the mirror and stop disrespecting those of us who've warned about this smoke and mirrors administration from the start.
The MAMH ALSO single-handedly "gave away" money to tens of millions to buy votes- all right under the noses of every man, woman, and child- except those, of course, that were "smart" enough to just "feel" the deception from the start.
bonds77

Holland, MI

#677 Jul 21, 2014
Really wrote:
<quoted text>And millions and millions of them are suffering buyer's remorse and will be sincere when they vote AGAINST Obama and the progressives in 2014 and 2016. Mr. Obama has done more harm to the Democratic party than Jimmy Carter did and that is going some! Hope you are really proud of the "hope and change" you got.
So much so that he won not ONE, but TWO elections! The MAMH even made the Tea Party himself, brainwashing that group into self destruction.
bonds77

Holland, MI

#678 Jul 21, 2014
kookierecluse wrote:
<quoted text>
Wtf are you seriously SO high that you actually believe the IRS did NOTHING wrong? Hey news flash Corky, by pleading the 5th and "losing her emails", she herself is admitting wrongdoing! Good fn god go play in traffic.
The MAMH EVEN personally insisted that certain political groups be blocked; he ERASED all the proof himself, but it's OUT THERE somewhere...really.
replying to imposter BH

Honolulu, HI

#679 Jul 21, 2014
George wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear Fian likes sucking on things. Give him a call 1-800-knobgobbler.
What i said was i will bang that boneyass of tom2v until he squeals like a pig, if, and only if, you sit in your special chair and hold the camera with both hands.
The last time i banged him you only held the camera with one hand and the video was herky jerky. There is more to the story!
Left Hook

Fairfield, CA

#680 Jul 21, 2014
We gone party like it 1866, who wit me?.
pipedream

Ann Arbor, MI

#681 Jul 21, 2014
kookierecluse wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet the only thing you know about this non-scandal is what you pulled out of the faux blows a--hole eh douchbag?
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#682 Jul 22, 2014
bonds77 wrote:
<quoted text>
The MAMH ALSO single-handedly "gave away" money to tens of millions to buy votes- all right under the noses of every man, woman, and child- except those, of course, that were "smart" enough to just "feel" the deception from the start.
Hadn't heard that one, but speaking of "feeling smart", I have heard one of your own claim the island of Guam would tip over due to overpopulation, and I also recall hearing once or twice right from the horse's MAMH that if you like your health plan you can keep it.

LOL
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#683 Jul 22, 2014
bonds77 wrote:
<quoted text>
The MAMH EVEN personally insisted that certain political groups be blocked; he ERASED all the proof himself, but it's OUT THERE somewhere...really.
You had a pretty funny schtick going, but you just jumped the troll.
Really

Wyoming, MI

#684 Jul 22, 2014
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
The IRS scrutinized applications for tax exempt status on both sides and went after law breaking tax cheats, most of whom were found to be conservative groups seeking tax exempt status. That is well documented.
Suck on that awhile Stupid.
Actually, what is well documented is that you have neither comprehension skills, a grasp of the obvious, OR any knowledge of what is actually going on in this country. No surprise there, anyone who gives one group a total pass no matter what they do while blaming the other group entirely for everything from the weather to the fact you pee your britches daily is bound to be someone who can't fathom life as it happens. You must be terribly disappointed daily. I feel sorry for you and your inadequacies.
Really

Wyoming, MI

#685 Jul 22, 2014
bonds77 wrote:
<quoted text>
So much so that he won not ONE, but TWO elections! The MAMH even made the Tea Party himself, brainwashing that group into self destruction.
Which is why there is so much buyer's remorse. As for the Tea Party, the reports of its death have been greatly exaggerated. However, please, by all means, keep patting him on the back. He is a failure and those of you who blindly support whatever he does will be taken down with him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local News Women (Apr '09) 23 hr WMNewsFan 3,124
Woman charged with raping dog Dec 5 Oracle 1
Quote of the Day (Feb '08) Nov 29 Kelly Joanne Cannon 485
News 'Okay to be White' signs popping up in Grand Haven Nov 27 Sad Bastard 4
boycott alabama now (Dec '08) Nov 26 Sattva Virginius 291
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Nov 26 Coachman47 1,191
News Holland's Hispanic population growing (May '08) Nov 21 District 1 400

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages