Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of...

Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery

There are 793 comments on the WOODTV.com story from Jun 19, 2014, titled Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery. In it, WOODTV.com reports that:

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich Today is June 19th, but it's more than that. It is a date that is celebrated as the day when enslavement ended in America back in 1865 and is also known as Juneteenth.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOODTV.com.

Dr X

Littleton, CO

#635 Jul 21, 2014
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL wrong again stupid. Checkmate nothing.
You stated the ACT contains an 'exceptional circumstance clause' which the Obama Administration could use to bypass or ignore all the other provisions and requirements of due process contained in the act. You accuse the Obama Administration of "manufacturing" the crisis and could simply deport the UACs enmasse back to where they came from without first detaining them and holding hearings as the ACT requires.
Now for the UPTEENTH Time Okneel ....
Show the class where your 'exceptional circumstance clause' is found in the Act ---- IF IT EVEN EXISTS --- AND explain what the exception means and what relevance it has to the UAC issue.
If you can't do this, then STFU Okneel because I'm calling you a FRAUD.
You're still alive? I thought you would've done it by now.
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#636 Jul 21, 2014
The Mental Midgets R Back wrote:
Grade school banter abounds.
You accusing me of grade school bantering? If you are, you're not following along here very well. There's no grade school banter coming from me. Its Oneal you need to go after for grade school bantering.

Oneal claims there's an exception that allows Obama to ship the UACs back without due process requirements in the Act and accuses Obama of intentionally not using because that would interfere with his goal of driving his agenda on immigration reform. I asked him repeatedly to explain where this exception can be found in the act, what it means and what relevance it has to his theory. He refuses to provide answers and then changes the narrative to me having to prove how old I am and whether I have a job.

There you have it. Go after stupid. He's the fraud here, not me.
The Mental Midgets R Back

Honolulu, HI

#637 Jul 21, 2014
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
Goes to show how polluted their pea-bagger brains "Really" are. Add to that, everyone of their "conspiracy theories" have been debunked with credible facts and they still want to be led around by the Murdock, the Koch sucking bros, Limbaugh and Beck and the rest of the right wing loonies..
They're sick in the head.
Remember Juneteenth

Honolulu, HI

#638 Jul 21, 2014
bonds77

Holland, MI

#640 Jul 21, 2014
The MAMH(Most Amazing Man in History- Obama) has also managed to "fool" tens of millions of Americans into voting for him. Of course, they're "really stupid"

(see- tactics to use when you're losing an argument)
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#641 Jul 21, 2014
It's clear no matter what I say, the progressive idiot squad is going to demean it, because that's what they do. It's also clear, as has happened in the past, when the "proof" of peoples' comments are posted, usually in a long form legal document or statistical report, the same morons demanding the proof are simply too dense to comprehend it, and too lazy to read it.

SO, pipedream ... if you don't trust my word on the trafficking law's "exceptional circumstances" clause, or that Obama could, if he chose to, be using this in the current border mess, maybe you'll accept the word of one of the authors of this law, Sen. Dianne Feinstein, who's also a democrat:

http://blog.sfgate.com/nov05election/2014/07/...

[Feinstein says the law has an “exceptional circumstances” loophole that could give the administration more flexibility to remove children.

She told Department of Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson, who wants more flexibility to deport, that the law contains a provision for “exceptional circumstances” that could provide the administration the authority it wants without changing the law.

She argued that “exceptional circumstances” could be triggered by large numbers coming in.]

Hmmmm .... seems to back up my statement, and explain why and how Obama could put this to use considering the statements made by this administration that indeed these are children, and indeed they are coming over in large numbers.

AND, here is a link to the law, in all it's legal splendor, if you care to parve through it for more "proof":

http://www.state.gov/j/tip/laws/113178.htm

I'm sure this won't appease you either, as you'll demand I waste my time paging through this ridiculously long document to find the exact wording that backs Sen. Feinstein's assertions, but at that I say kiss my ass. I'm done trying to squeeze intelligence out of progressive concrete block.

You're on your own here from here on out, pole smoker. Good luck!
reply 2 oh kneel

Honolulu, HI

#642 Jul 21, 2014
9. Pole smoker-
see george bush

by Anonymous October 21, 2003
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#644 Jul 21, 2014
bonds77 wrote:
The MAMH(Most Amazing Man in History- Obama) has also managed to "fool" tens of millions of Americans into voting for him. Of course, they're "really stupid"
Taken from the liberals''Idiots Guide To Debating When You're Too Lazy To Work' handbook:

Chapter One: Call them racists.

Chapter Two: Blame Bush.

Chapter Three: Tell the to STFU.

Simple!

BTW: Don't pat yourself on the back too hard on your theory that everyone gives Obama all that credit. I don't refer to him as the "Celebrity-In-Chief" because I think he's actually working on legislation! I refer to him as that because I know exactly why he was plopped in as the token figurehead for the neo-progressive movement - Chapter One of the Liberal idiot's guide is your first clue.

The fact there's still dopes naive enough to think that Obama's stash is going to pay their rent - and those droolers reside on YOUR side of the political/social fence - should give you reason to look in the mirror and stop disrespecting those of us who've warned about this smoke and mirrors administration from the start.
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#645 Jul 21, 2014
reply 2 oh kneel wrote:
9. Pole smoker-
see george bush
by Anonymous October 21, 2003
1. Troll - One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument
by suckmypineapples
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#647 Jul 21, 2014
I've read the link that contains Feinstein's assertion before. You haven't produced anything here that's a new revelation. And this Link does nothing to show what the so-called "exceptional circumstances clause" is except to say that large numbers of UACs may have something to do with it. The trouble with your link is that it doesn't say exactly what Feinstein was referring to when she said the existing law "MAY" provide the administration with more 'flexibility' in removing children. And she did use the term "MAY" .... Essentially she's saying there's flexibility in the law that may make wholesale changes to the law she supports unnecessary, but doesn't say what that is. Whatever she meant by it, I have to believe its far short of simply stopping them at the border and shipping them back as you seem to be saying would be OK. I believe that that flexibility she's talking about could mean a lot of things. If it was easy Oneal, I'm pretty sure it would be on the table for consideration. The Obama Administration has been working with both sides of the aisle to come up with ways to deal with the problem.
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#648 Jul 21, 2014
Raise da Roof S wrote:
<quoted text> Too bad for you that Americans are finally waking up and are tired of your lies.
Was Oblamer's photo op shooting pool
and drinking beer a mistake? He was only 42 miles from the US southern border.
&#9632; Should he have gone instead of turning it into his "Katrina"?&#9632 ;
No doubt, Obama's on a slick path to record low approvals. But, what difference does it make now anyway, right?

His concern is with kissing Swillary's sizable pasty behind like a good little progressive boy. That's Barry Hussein's tab for being handed the White House to party in for 8 years on the American middle classer's bank.

Barry is a glorified community organizer, run on because, as Joe Biden let loose, ""I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," Biden said. "I mean, that's a storybook, man."

LOL ... even his own future cabinet told us why they hired him! Of course, they're not racist at all :)
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#649 Jul 21, 2014
Oneal wrote:
AND, here is a link to the law, in all it's legal splendor, if you care to parve through it for more "proof":
http://www.state.gov/j/tip/laws/113178.htm
Good luck!
You Parve thru it Stupid. I don't need to disprove you. You made the claim - you back it up. You show us just where its located and what it means and how it supports your position that Obama is using this to drive his agenda on immigration reform

Its really that simple asshole and I'm sick of telling you what you need to do.

Either show me you're right or STFU! Now run along and whine like a little girl because you're not getting your way again on here.
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#651 Jul 21, 2014
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
Chapter Three: Tell the to STFU.
Simple!
yes it is quite simple stupid. Back up your claims OR STFU. This is exactly what I asked you to do REPEATEDLY on the UAC issue and your rants that the law provides for exceptional circumstances. I asked you to provide me with answers that support your position.

You still haven't done it. So like I said in a previous post -- Either STFU or just walk away whining like a little girl because you're not getting your way. I don't give a F what you do, but you're not going to get a free pass to post your b.s. nonsense rants on here. You're going to be challenged each and every time. That's the way it work Stupid. Get used to it.
Kiddies Behaving Badly

Honolulu, HI

#654 Jul 21, 2014

Rehab must have recess at the same time all over the mainland.
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#656 Jul 21, 2014
Raise da Roof S wrote:
<quoted text> It doesn't matter who appointed her. Laws were broken.
Wrong. Laws were not broken. The IRS was simply doing their job by scrutinizing 501 4c applications and scrutinizing the filings to ensure the groups were in fact eligible for the tax exempt status. no different than doing an audit on a tax return. Where it turned into them "TARGETING" and discriminating against conservative groups were unmitigated lies put out by faux blows and other right wing extremist haters.
The IRS broke NO laws. It was hyped up nonsense, nothing more. Prove the IRS broke laws or just like I told Oneal, just STFU because and try removing your nose from Beck's and Limbaugh's A.H.

I really don't think you're smart enough to think anything up until you've read or heard it put out by faux blows. You're amount to typical low information white trash to ignorant and stupid to know any better.
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#657 Jul 21, 2014
Raise da Roof S wrote:
<quoted text>
But but but Obama said there wasn't a "smidgen"of corruption?
Exactly. As Obama said, not a smidget of corruption only hyped up bull $h1t from the right.

That there was no corruption or laws broken, just good work on the part of IRS to sniff out the law breakers (T-baggers) is well documented.

Go suck on that for awhile stupid.
Uppercut

Fairfield, CA

#658 Jul 21, 2014
Back the slavery celebration, is it like a costume party?. Ill bring the white sheets and chains.
Guru

Los Angeles, CA

#659 Jul 21, 2014
Uppercut wrote:
Back the slavery celebration, is it like a costume party?. Ill bring the white sheets and chains.
All you're sheets have brown skid marks on them. Cowboy up!
Really

Wyoming, MI

#660 Jul 21, 2014
bonds77 wrote:
And millions and millions of them are suffering buyer's remorse and will be sincere when they vote AGAINST Obama and the progressives in 2014 and 2016. Mr. Obama has done more harm to the Democratic party than Jimmy Carter did and that is going some! Hope you are really proud of the "hope and change" you got.
Really

Wyoming, MI

#661 Jul 21, 2014
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. As Obama said, not a smidget of corruption only hyped up bull $h1t from the right.
That there was no corruption or laws broken, just good work on the part of IRS to sniff out the law breakers (T-baggers) is well documented.
Go suck on that for awhile stupid.
And when they come after your side you will cry like the baby you are and whine like a stuck pig. what's good for the right will be even better for the left. And then, stupid, where does it stop??????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does anyone know why the Chez Ami Bowling alley... (Sep '14) 1 hr Jody 3
Why do people act ghetto? I am talking about al... (Dec '12) 7 hr Not ghetto at all 43
News The BUZZ: SSI has 'Bullish' Outlook for RV Sector 11 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 5
Crooked Hillary's Tax Return Challenge To Donald 13 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 44
Local News Women (Apr '09) 18 hr Jayne Mansfield 2,716
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Fri Pandaluv63 1,109
Grand Rapids; a good place to live? (Mar '12) Sep 18 Ex-Grand Rapids Guy 189

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages