Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of...

Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery

There are 793 comments on the WOODTV.com story from Jun 19, 2014, titled Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery. In it, WOODTV.com reports that:

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich Today is June 19th, but it's more than that. It is a date that is celebrated as the day when enslavement ended in America back in 1865 and is also known as Juneteenth.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOODTV.com.

ron howard

United States

#571 Jul 18, 2014
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>As for the so-called IRS targeting of "conservative" groups,it turns out the IRS wasn't just "targeting" those bastard T-party or conservative groups. That horse $H!T was debunked by by testimony and in tons of documentation showing the IRS not only looked at conservative groups seeking tax exempt status under 501 (c) 4 but groups of various other political ideologies, including progressive groups. That is the IRS's job. Their job is to determine if these groups seeking tax exempt were actually who and what they say they were and that they are COMPLYING WITH THE LAW in seeking tax exempt status. The problem most of these lying GOPher T-bagger groups applying for tax exempt status were actually political groups scamming the IRS and law abiding tax payers by falsely claiming they were primarily social groups when if fact they were really primarily political activists. The law says that a groups purpose is primarily for political purposes they are ineligible for the tax exempt status. The IRS began catching on to this bull shit when hoards of T-party groups began filing fraudulent applications during 2010-11. The Faux blows and other right wing hate mongers then started stirring their shit pot twisting it into the IRS was deliberately "Targeting" conservative groups which wasn't true but a bunch of right wing induced lies. What really needs to happen is Faux blows and other hate monger right wing extremist bloggers and websites ought to be shut down as they aren't credible sources but instead just hate filled, lying big mouths for the right wing and the Kock sucking brothers. Their specialty is outright lying, twisting facts and stirring up low information stupid white trash for political gain. Low information white trash are now famous for eating this faux blows shit up like it was a delicacy.

You're a perfect example one of them aren't you stupid? BTW the "Scandal" is only in your low information P-bagger brain. Its about time you figured it out.
Wow you are stupid! Sometimes it's just better to let stupid be stupid. This one takes the cake!
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#572 Jul 18, 2014
ron howard wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow you are stupid! Sometimes it's just better to let stupid be stupid. This one takes the cake!
Prove me wrong a-hole.
ron howard

United States

#573 Jul 18, 2014
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>Prove me wrong a-hole.
Don't you know how to spell? Must be that lack there of education. Absence of common sense. I'm not your teacher. Only you can make the choice to educate yourself. You show no hope! May God bless your soul and have mercy on you.
The Mental Midgets R Back

Honolulu, HI

#575 Jul 18, 2014
kookierecluse wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember Polesitter is one of your clueless progressive idiots. The 4th grade education he has is suitable enough for him....as long as you keep subsidizing his laziness with your tax dollars! Now we know why his mother tried to have him aborted AFTER he was born.
Where U Bees kookie? Out stoking' fires.

Meet you at the clubhouse and bring your dues.
Blackhorse

Holland, MI

#576 Jul 18, 2014
The Mental Midgets R Back wrote:
<quoted text>
Where U Bees kookie? Out stoking' fires.
Meet you at the clubhouse and bring your dues.
Mental Midget is back? Yuppers ...^... perfect example. LOL
Lilly_Bedwetter

Grandville, MI

#577 Jul 19, 2014
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove me wrong a-hole.
Block print, can't read your uneducated mess you think is called a paragraph.
Basically you make us all look stupid for the Michigan boards,
Fn moron.
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#578 Jul 19, 2014
ron howard wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you know how to spell? Must be that lack there of education. Absence of common sense. I'm not your teacher. Only you can make the choice to educate yourself. You show no hope! May God bless your soul and have mercy on you.
Don't worry, RH, polesmoker is always asking others to do his homework for him. When someone pays enough attention to the little whiner, actually educating him, he simply deems it "faux noise" or some other regurgitated bigotry and continues on as if nothing happened.

He's a moron.

Remember back when Bush was president and little idiots like pipedream weren't even paying attention to politics. The concerns of level-headed liberals were legit in many cases, and we had intelligent conversations regarding decisions to invade Iraq (a decision supported by liberals until it became politically advantageous for the libs to oppose), to the border, to education .. etc.

Conservatives were just as concerned as liberals regarding the casualties of the war on terror, the failing No Child Left Behind legislation, the scandal that surrounded Halliburton, the discussions over waterboarding, etc... We may have differed in our opinions, but at least conservatives were willing to intelligently debate these issues like adults, even as radical liberal protesters stomped through the streets carrying burning effigies of an American president with a noose around his neck, or posters with bullseyes painted over a president and vice president's image.

Just as I don't blame people for electing Obama in 2004 when given the scary alternative of electing a warhawk like John McCain and ... gulp ... Sarah Palin, I'd think people on the left would understand why we elected Bush to a second term when given the alternative of another toilet bowl circling career politician, John Kerry and John Edwards. There really was no choice unless you wanted to throw your vote away on an inane third party.

BUT, the difference between the Bush era and the Obama era is the total erosion of any educated, intelligent conversation regarding policies that effect America. When the slightest opposition to an administration's entirely partisan actions or legislation is simply brushed off as "racism", and the only news sources the left will accept are those in the bag for Obama, there can be no intelligent exchange of ideas - which is exactly what ill-educated radicals like "pipedream" want because even they know that an honest discussion of this administration's promises and actions would require them to admit in many cases conservatives were right to be critical.
ron howard

United States

#579 Jul 19, 2014
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>Don't worry, RH, polesmoker is always asking others to do his homework for him. When someone pays enough attention to the little whiner, actually educating him, he simply deems it "faux noise" or some other regurgitated bigotry and continues on as if nothing happened.

He's a moron.

Remember back when Bush was president and little idiots like pipedream weren't even paying attention to politics. The concerns of level-headed liberals were legit in many cases, and we had intelligent conversations regarding decisions to invade Iraq (a decision supported by liberals until it became politically advantageous for the libs to oppose), to the border, to education .. etc.

Conservatives were just as concerned as liberals regarding the casualties of the war on terror, the failing No Child Left Behind legislation, the scandal that surrounded Halliburton, the discussions over waterboarding, etc... We may have differed in our opinions, but at least conservatives were willing to intelligently debate these issues like adults, even as radical liberal protesters stomped through the streets carrying burning effigies of an American president with a noose around his neck, or posters with bullseyes painted over a president and vice president's image.

Just as I don't blame people for electing Obama in 2004 when given the scary alternative of electing a warhawk like John McCain and ... gulp ... Sarah Palin, I'd think people on the left would understand why we elected Bush to a second term when given the alternative of another toilet bowl circling career politician, John Kerry and John Edwards. There really was no choice unless you wanted to throw your vote away on an inane third party.

BUT, the difference between the Bush era and the Obama era is the total erosion of any educated, intelligent conversation regarding policies that effect America. When the slightest opposition to an administration's entirely partisan actions or legislation is simply brushed off as "racism", and the only news sources the left will accept are those in the bag for Obama, there can be no intelligent exchange of ideas - which is exactly what ill-educated radicals like "pipedream" want because even they know that an honest discussion of this administration's promises and actions would require them to admit in many cases conservatives were right to be critical.
Very well rounded post. But I'm sure the little fairy boy will try to corrupt it.
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#580 Jul 19, 2014
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is following the law A.H. It isn't his law and the kids coming across the border are not his doing The law was happily enacted by a bi-partisan congress and supported and signed by that MF'r from TexAZZZhole. You have a problem with it put your pile of b.s. on GWBs doorstep where it belongs.In the meantime, the Obama Administration is trying to speed up the detention and hearing process and get as many of them legally deported as fast as the law and resources allow. Now STFU and crawl back where you came from.
The 2008 Trafficking Victims Protection Act explicitly contains an "exceptional circumstances" clause allowing a president to suspend the requirement that unaccompanied minors must be turned over to HHS.

[Even where the 2008 trafficking act is applicable, provisions within the law allow its application to be limited in "exceptional circumstances", which — as one prominent Democratic senator recently suggested — might include the current border crisis.]

In other words, Obama already has the AUTHORITY to suspend the 2008 Trafficking Act, he just doesn't have the POLITICAL WILL to do it.

Once again we see the political theater tactics of progressivism. We're supposed to believe that a president, who in every other situation, has made no bones about his willingness to make his own rules, rewrite laws, re-rewrite his own laws, do end-rounds around congress and just flat out lie, suddenly is hamstrung by a law passed in 2008? AND, written within the law he's using to blame Bush is a clause that allows him to suspend it in cases such as the current border scandal.

More progressive games at the cost of money and humanity all to manufacture an election-time crisis that popular misconception says is Bush's fault in order to take the focus off all the scandals surrounding this administration while they're approval ratings are spiraling into the abyss.

Of course, ill-educated tools like pipedream are submissively serving as screech monkeys chanting, "Don't blame Obama - it's Bush's fault!", ad nauseum.
Flan

Honolulu, HI

#581 Jul 19, 2014
ron howard wrote:
<quoted text>
Very well rounded post. But I'm sure the little fairy boy will try to corrupt it.
I'm civil to civil people, can you grasp the concept? Agreeing with me or not doesn't matter. Calling him "fairy boy" is just immature.
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#582 Jul 19, 2014
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
The 2008 Trafficking Victims Protection Act explicitly contains an "exceptional circumstances" clause allowing a president to suspend the requirement that unaccompanied minors must be turned over to HHS.
Show me A-hole.
Blackhorse

Holland, MI

#583 Jul 19, 2014
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry, RH, polesmoker is always asking others to do his homework for him. When someone pays enough attention to the little whiner, actually educating him, he simply deems it "faux noise" or some other regurgitated bigotry and continues on as if nothing happened.
He's a moron.
Oneal, that is one of the most eloquent and accurate descriptions of the political landscape that I have read in a long time. Have you submitted your application to the WSJ? Consider it. Good job!
Blackhorse

Holland, MI

#584 Jul 19, 2014
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me A-hole.
Anyone could give you black and white evidence and you would dismiss it as right wing junk even if it was written by Harry Reid and published in the Huffington compost.

You are an uneducated twit who does not have the sense to pound sand down a rat hole. You are continually issued intellectual beat-downs and don't have the smarts to keep your mouth shut. You should learn from your beatings but you don't and that proves your diminished mental capacity. Cut your losses and leave because you are totally out classed by Oneal, Batch, Raise, Ron and others and you have NO hope of salvaging any of your miserable reputation.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#585 Jul 19, 2014
Blackhorse wrote:
<quoted text>
Oneal, that is one of the most eloquent and accurate descriptions of the political landscape that I have read in a long time. Have you submitted your application to the WSJ? Consider it. Good job!
Chinese just bought Forbes, maybe that may be a possibility?

“Repent and worship God”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#586 Jul 19, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Chinese just bought Forbes, maybe that may be a possibility?
Well Chinese people are purchasing a lot of land and buildings in Detroit. I presume you know what I'm really saying.

I suggest everyone learn Cantonese and Mandarin.
BH made me correct You

Honolulu, HI

#587 Jul 19, 2014
Phoenix Ascended wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Chinese people are purchasing a lot of land and buildings in Detroit. I presume you know what I'm really saying.
I suggest everyone learn Cantonese and Mandarin.
Not sure what you are saying so please spell it out.

What it says to me is the Chinese are investing in real estate in the city of Detroit. It tells me they are smart investor buying low, fixing up and raising the property values so that the City of Detroit will be able to collect more property taxes. There is a reason that most great cities have a Chinatown neighborhood....I presume you know what I'm really saying..
ron howard

United States

#588 Jul 19, 2014
Flan wrote:
<quoted text>I'm civil to civil people, can you grasp the concept? Agreeing with me or not doesn't matter. Calling him "fairy boy" is just immature.
Maybe you will understand this better, FY

“Repent and worship God”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#590 Jul 19, 2014
BH made me correct You wrote:
<quoted text>Not sure what you are saying so please spell it out.

What it says to me is the Chinese are investing in real estate in the city of Detroit. It tells me they are smart investor buying low, fixing up and raising the property values so that the City of Detroit will be able to collect more property taxes. There is a reason that most great cities have a Chinatown neighborhood....I presume you know what I'm really saying..
The Chinese aren't trying to be benevolent towards black people by their actions in Detroit. They are strategic in this endeavor of theirs.

~~~~

Dozens of companies from China are putting down roots in Detroit, part of the country’s steady push into the American auto industry.

Chinese-owned companies are investing in American businesses and new vehicle technology, selling everything from seat belts to shock absorbers in retail stores, and hiring experienced engineers and designers in an effort to soak up the talent and expertise of domestic automakers and their suppliers.

While starting with batteries and auto parts, the spread of Chinese business is expected to result eventually in the sale of Chinese cars in the United States.

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/why...

Anyone with any sense knows that the Chinese will hire their own people to work in their businesses hence the reason why it's a dire future for black people in Detroit.

Honolulu, HI

#591 Jul 19, 2014
ron and kookie are here...i hear the pattering of very tiny feet. could the entire Midget Morons be arriving enforce like they usually do?

Honolulu, HI

#592 Jul 19, 2014
ron howard wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you will understand this better, FY
So what about the Fiscal Year ron or maybe UR Phoenix Ass-end buttie has answered it. Ha ha.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local News Women (Apr '09) 12 hr Morningwood 2,931
News Michigan lawmaker proposes bill banning Sharia Law Jun 18 Muzzie confusion 12
Quote of the Day (Feb '08) Jun 16 Kelly Joanne Cannon 479
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Jun 16 A Commenter 1,176
The Geek Group Jun 15 Redrider87 3
News Teen shot by police on probation for earlier sh... May 31 About time 1
News 18-year-old shot by Grand Rapids police during ... May 31 No doubt 1

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages