Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of...

Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery

There are 793 comments on the WOODTV.com story from Jun 19, 2014, titled Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery. In it, WOODTV.com reports that:

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich Today is June 19th, but it's more than that. It is a date that is celebrated as the day when enslavement ended in America back in 1865 and is also known as Juneteenth.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOODTV.com.

pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#542 Jul 17, 2014
Raise da Roof S wrote:
<quoted text> The wars that both parties supported were in direct response from 911. Wars are expensive, eventually breaking America. No wonder everyone says you're stupid. Go slap your mother for having you. Smh bye loser
NO stupid don't even try running that B.S. that both parties supported Bush's war. Congress supported Bush but it was based on his lies. Had they known the truth -- that Bush's plans to go to war were based on lies they would not have supported him.

STUDY: Bush, Aids Made 935 False Statements in Run Up to War

President Bush and his top aides publicly made 935 false statements about the security risk posed by Iraq in the two years following September 11, 2001, according to a study released Tuesday by two nonprofit journalism groups.

Also one of Bush's lies was the one where he claimed Iraq was responsible for 9/11. That was later proven to be a lie.

Like I said don't even go there. There's proof of Bush's lies all over the web. Go find them and read it. Until then Just STFU. Your b.s. on here is getting Really boring.

President Bush addresses the nation as the Iraq war begins in March 2003.

"In short, the Bush administration led the nation to war on the basis of erroneous information that it methodically propagated and that culminated in military action against Iraq on March 19, 2003," reads an overview of the examination, conducted by the Center for Public Integrity and its affiliated group, the Fund for Independence in Journalism.

According to the study, Bush and seven top officials -- including Vice President Dick Cheney, former Secretary of State Colin Powell and then-National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice -- made 935 false statements about Iraq during those two years.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/23/bush.i...
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#543 Jul 17, 2014
Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
<quoted text>Progressives tend not to care about the damage they create...... Read up at www.drudgereport.com
Drudge Report eh Stupid? LOL
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#544 Jul 17, 2014
bonds77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you talk about butt sex and child raping so much?
Something we should know?
Bitch boy is a pervert. Young girls and boys are on his mind constantly. Didn't you know that?
Really

Holland, MI

#545 Jul 17, 2014
If you want to know what progressives are actually doing, look at what they accuse others of doing. Goes right along with their inability to accept that others just may disagree with their "thought" process.
The Mental Midgets R Back

Honolulu, HI

#549 Jul 17, 2014
Raise da Roof S wrote:
<quoted text> No doubt in mah natural.
Must U visualize "my package" just to get through UR day. P E R V.

Honolulu, HI

#551 Jul 17, 2014
Raise da Roof S wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry, that's a democrat thang. That explains why you DLers voted for every queer loving DEMOCRAT policy. You may go now.
Spoken like an old pasty faced bdwg who was sucking money from our military on a regular basis.

Lakeland located half way between butt and puss.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Flint, MI

#552 Jul 17, 2014
bonds77 wrote:
<quoted text>
What year was the law signed that made these kids think they had a shot, Batch?
The law needs changing because it allows every country to invade except Mexico....... Does not make it right....... Raping kids is wrong but continue to support this policy.....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#553 Jul 17, 2014
Really wrote:
If you want to know what progressives are actually doing, look at what they accuse others of doing. Goes right along with their inability to accept that others just may disagree with their "thought" process.
Putin is a bully, but it will be hard for both Russians and Ukraine, if his Russian separatists had anything to do with this plane crash.....He's given then hi-tech ordinance, they aren't trained on.....

Honolulu, HI

#556 Jul 17, 2014
Raise da Roof S wrote:
<quoted text> Oh, you still here? You're dismissed for blatant stupidity, projection, deflection and any other off topic ions! Lol
You have always let your "six" unprotected, thus you are a large a-hole with military pay.
ron howard

United States

#558 Jul 17, 2014
I can't believe people are still supportive of this corrupt administration after all that has happened. I'm amazed how stupid some people are!

Honolulu, HI

#559 Jul 17, 2014
ron howard wrote:
I can't believe people are still supportive of this corrupt administration after all that has happened. I'm amazed how stupid some people are!
Put on some big boy pants and you will see that most if not all of the presidents are corrupt or secretive. I find it extremely funny to see you pouting about this one.

The politicians have you right where they want you fighting against other people, when you should be united and focused on fighting the government a s a whole.

Honolulu, HI

#561 Jul 17, 2014
Raise da Roof S wrote:
<quoted text> I'll take this for RH. Hope and Change turned into the most corrupt administration in modern American history. YOUR OPINION
Case in point: do you believe president Oblamer's assertion that there was not a "smidgen"of corruption in the IRS targeting of Conservative groups scandal?
The government is up everybody's @ss. All politicians fib and most are untruthful. You have proof RdR?

I don't need to hate Obama like this group of Mental Midgets you surround yourself with.

I'll try all caps: IT'S NOT US THE PEOPLE WHO ARE LIARS

.......... IT'S THEM, THE POLITICIANS, WHO ARE THE LIARS.

...change your focus and you will see life is a beach not A b!tch.
ron howard

United States

#563 Jul 17, 2014
The Mental Midgets R Back wrote:
<quoted text>Put on some big boy pants and you will see that most if not all of the presidents are corrupt or secretive. I find it extremely funny to see you pouting about this one.

The politicians have you right where they want you fighting against other people, when you should be united and focused on fighting the government a s a whole.
WTF are you talking about? I'm not fighting with anyone! I stated that I was amazed at how stupid people in general are. I don't recall mentioning your name or anyone else's. That's okay, if the shoe fits. You say, Most if not all of the presidents are corrupt or secretive. Corrupt and secretive are two totally different things. One is most likely is against the law the other is a fact of the presidency. I would not want the a US president to tell us everything. There are lines that need to be drawn when it comes to national security. But this was the president that preached to everyone numerous times he would be the most transparent president and administration in history. You can fight the government if you want. That is what most of your side says when they can no longer support their party because it has become impossible to defend them anymore with even a smidgen of credibility. You poor bastard you sound very desperate. Don't worry about me and what I should be doing. I think you have your hands full with yourself. Try getting some psychological help!
Lilly_Bedwetter

Grandville, MI

#564 Jul 17, 2014
No it's a vision of some people a long time ago.

They start the people fighting, 1 group vs another vs another.
While that is going on is when they "forge" while under a fire.

Goes back a long time ago
That is how they make change, and that is how a revolution is created.
Really

Wyoming, MI

#565 Jul 18, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Putin is a bully, but it will be hard for both Russians and Ukraine, if his Russian separatists had anything to do with this plane crash.....He's given then hi-tech ordinance, they aren't trained on.....
And who do you think is going to make it "hard" for Putin? Certainly not "this may be a tragedy"....at least I don't think he or his Secretary of State will make it hard on anyone.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#566 Jul 18, 2014
Really wrote:
<quoted text>And who do you think is going to make it "hard" for Putin? Certainly not "this may be a tragedy"....at least I don't think he or his Secretary of State will make it hard on anyone.
Remember that last post, as my last attempt at an actual conversation with, whatever type of POS, you are.....
ron howard

United States

#567 Jul 18, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Remember that last post, as my last attempt at an actual conversation with, whatever type of POS, you are.....
Talking with someone like you is called a conversation? Only if someone would like to talk about fairytales. Please don't and we can say we did
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#568 Jul 18, 2014
Raise da Roof S wrote:
<quoted text> Just a simple question, Mental Midget.
Well how about this one:
Does Obama's
letting thousands of illegal aliens swarm our sovereign borders hurt AAs job prospects? Keep in mind the severity of young black unemployment.
Obama is following the law A.H. It isn't his law and the kids coming across the border are not his doing The law was happily enacted by a bi-partisan congress and supported and signed by that MF'r from TexAZZZhole. You have a problem with it put your pile of b.s. on GWBs doorstep where it belongs.In the meantime, the Obama Administration is trying to speed up the detention and hearing process and get as many of them legally deported as fast as the law and resources allow. Now STFU and crawl back where you came from.
Really

Holland, MI

#569 Jul 18, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Remember that last post, as my last attempt at an actual conversation with, whatever type of POS, you are.....
Wow! Rather thin skinned aren't you? Apparently you have been out in the sun too long as you seem to think I have to agree with your every post? And I was only asking who you thought would make it "hard" on Putin? You are seriously in need of happy pills there Blue.
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#570 Jul 18, 2014
Raise da Roof S wrote:
<quoted text> I'll take this for RH. Hope and Change turned into the most corrupt administration in modern American history.
Case in point: do you believe president Oblamer's assertion that there was not a "smidgen"of corruption in the IRS targeting of Conservative groups scandal?
As for the so-called IRS targeting of "conservative" groups,it turns out the IRS wasn't just "targeting" those bastard T-party or conservative groups. That horse $H!T was debunked by by testimony and in tons of documentation showing the IRS not only looked at conservative groups seeking tax exempt status under 501 (c) 4 but groups of various other political ideologies, including progressive groups. That is the IRS's job. Their job is to determine if these groups seeking tax exempt were actually who and what they say they were and that they are COMPLYING WITH THE LAW in seeking tax exempt status. The problem most of these lying GOPher T-bagger groups applying for tax exempt status were actually political groups scamming the IRS and law abiding tax payers by falsely claiming they were primarily social groups when if fact they were really primarily political activists. The law says that a groups purpose is primarily for political purposes they are ineligible for the tax exempt status. The IRS began catching on to this bull shit when hoards of T-party groups began filing fraudulent applications during 2010-11. The Faux blows and other right wing hate mongers then started stirring their shit pot twisting it into the IRS was deliberately "Targeting" conservative groups which wasn't true but a bunch of right wing induced lies. What really needs to happen is Faux blows and other hate monger right wing extremist bloggers and websites ought to be shut down as they aren't credible sources but instead just hate filled, lying big mouths for the right wing and the Kock sucking brothers. Their specialty is outright lying, twisting facts and stirring up low information stupid white trash for political gain. Low information white trash are now famous for eating this faux blows shit up like it was a delicacy.

You're a perfect example one of them aren't you stupid? BTW the "Scandal" is only in your low information P-bagger brain. Its about time you figured it out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Holland Brewing to host Grand Rapids 1st Wa... 3 hr Gringa123 1
Local News Women (Apr '09) 21 hr Fax is Fax 2,972
White people are selective racist. 22 hr Jester 3
Why do people act ghetto? I am talking about al... (Dec '12) Tue AEJOTZ 50
News 18-year-old shot by Grand Rapids police during ... Tue Faith 7
News Woman hit while crossing 28th Street ID'ed (Jan '16) Tue Lena Gomez 33
News Construction has few blacks, report says (Aug '07) Jul 23 justheretohelp 617

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages