Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery

Jun 19, 2014 Full story: WOODTV.com 789

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich Today is June 19th, but it's more than that. It is a date that is celebrated as the day when enslavement ended in America back in 1865 and is also known as Juneteenth.

Read more
Dr X

Grand Rapids, MI

#422 Jul 12, 2014
kookierecluse wrote:
<quoted text>
I just have to consider the source you fool. Everybody knows, including yourself, that you lead a worthless life. Why else would someone sit around all day trolling Topix? Sorry, you cant claim that as "work". You'd need to get up off your fat pickled ass of yours to do that. Since you're so into facts, here's one for you...your life is a complete failure. The truth hurts, unfortunately, that's also what your dad called his pecker.
I keep on telling pipesmoker that she should just end it all. I mean, why stay alive and suffer such a pathetic,miserable life?
Dr X

Grand Rapids, MI

#424 Jul 12, 2014
kookierecluse wrote:
<quoted text>
Cuz he knows when he dies, God won't even want him.
She'll probably end up haunting democrat polling centers.
Dr X

Grand Rapids, MI

#425 Jul 12, 2014
Here comes the deluge!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#427 Jul 13, 2014
Really wrote:
<quoted text>And once again, it was NOT important when the Dow Jones were setting records when George Bush was President. Your hypocrisy is just growing by leaps and bounds.
What are you even, talking about?....Think before you post....
Phil

Oxford, MI

#428 Jul 13, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>What are you even, talking about?....Think before you post....
It's very simple, blue balls. You said time and time again while the DOW was climbing and Bush was president that the DOW was not a state of the economy. The economy was something entirely different than the DOW. Now you keep ranting and raving about the DOW as if it is the economy.
Do you need us to define hypocrite too?
pipedream

Flint, MI

#429 Jul 13, 2014
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
It's very simple, blue balls. You said time and time again while the DOW was climbing and Bush was president that the DOW was not a state of the economy. The economy was something entirely different than the DOW. Now you keep ranting and raving about the DOW as if it is the economy.
STFU twerp. Facts aren't one of your strong points are they? Now define hypocrite for us big mouth.

The Bush Stock Market Collapse

Here’s a BushToll nugget that pretty much speaks for itself. When George W. Bush took office on Jan. 20, 2001, the S&P 500 stock market index stood at $1,342.54. The day he left office, it was $805.22, a drop of 40 percent

The Dow Jones Industrial Average fared a bit better. It dropped only 25 percent. Sadly, the tech-heavy NASDAQ shed 48 percent of its value on President Bush’s watch.

Since Jan. 20, 2009, the date President Obama took office, through Dec. 23, 2013 the Nasdaq has increased by 188 percent, the S&P 500 by 127 percent, and the Dow Industrial Average by 105 percent.

http://www.bushtoll.com/

An added benefit for you is this article is loaded with colored charts to help you understand how stupid you are.

We can't argue with facts, can we. A.H.?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#430 Jul 13, 2014
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
SHOW ME.....You're just making up shit....Do you desire more jobs news, consumer confidence, factory orders, auto sales updates???
Phil

Oxford, MI

#431 Jul 13, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>SHOW ME.....You're just making up shit....Do you desire more jobs news, consumer confidence, factory orders, auto sales updates???
Lol!! Funny that I struck a nerve with both your personalities so much so that you had to speak with both. You're such a dumb dick! The stock market was doing just fine before the terrorist attack. We had many up swings before and after, giving you many opportunities to be the hypocrite you are. Are you denying the stock market ever went up during the Bush years? Answer the question fukface!
Sankofa

Philadelphia, PA

#432 Jul 13, 2014
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol!! Funny that I struck a nerve with both your personalities so much so that you had to speak with both. You're such a dumb dick! The stock market was doing just fine before the terrorist attack. We had many up swings before and after, giving you many opportunities to be the hypocrite you are. Are you denying the stock market ever went up during the Bush years? Answer the question fukface!

Emotional dribble/racist idiocy has nowhere to turn when assaulted by facts. The stock market goes up and down daily, this is the nature of trade dimwit. Still, during Bush's tenure the stock market set records for loss. Under Obama, it has not only rebounded, but excelled. Btw, it was the subprime mortgage crisis of 2008 that deflated the economy, not 9/11. Obama came in to these deficits and soaring unemployment, under his lead, our economy has stabilized and begun to recover. The Great Recession is just one of W's many epic fails.
pipedream

Flint, MI

#433 Jul 13, 2014
Sankofa wrote:
<quoted text>
Emotional dribble/racist idiocy has nowhere to turn when assaulted by facts. The stock market goes up and down daily, this is the nature of trade dimwit. Still, during Bush's tenure the stock market set records for loss. Under Obama, it has not only rebounded, but excelled. Btw, it was the subprime mortgage crisis of 2008 that deflated the economy, not 9/11. Obama came in to these deficits and soaring unemployment, under his lead, our economy has stabilized and begun to recover. The Great Recession is just one of W's many epic fails.
Bottom Line Bush 43 is widely known as a disaster almost from day 1 he took office. Arguably the worst President in modern times, considering the economy, huge deficits, unemployment, his starting unfunded and costly wars on the basis of lies, his unfunded Medicare prescription drug plan which added a half trillion to the deficit since it began, his tax cuts for the rich (which resulted in the loss of trillions in revenues and added trillions to the national debt), the Great Recession and near complete collapse of the world economies and U.S. banking system, just to name a few of the disasters he presided over. Bush 43 should be in prison.

Add to that the other disaster which was Ronald Reagan in the 80s and many, if not most of the problems, economically and socially that now exist in this country, are explained. This country's problems are the direct result of years of GOPher/s leadership and policies, and GOPher majority Congresses.
Phil

Oxford, MI

#434 Jul 13, 2014
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>Lol!! Funny that I struck a nerve with both your personalities so much so that you had to speak with both. You're such a dumb dick! The stock market was doing just fine before the terrorist attack. We had many up swings before and after, giving you many opportunities to be the hypocrite you are. Are you denying the stock market ever went up during the Bush years? Answer the question fukface!
Answer the question fukface coward!
Blackhorse

Holland, MI

#435 Jul 13, 2014
The subprime debacle which lead to the utter collapse of the housing market and subsequently the entire economy was caused by Senator Christopher Dodd and Rep. Bwarny Fwank. At their insistence by the Community Reinvestment Act, their legislation force Fanny Mae and Freddie Mac to give loans to people who could not afford the mortgage payments.

In a nutshell Frank and Dodd caused a series of cataclysmic events that eventually crashed the financial system. Of course then that led to the following period of chronic unemployment and reduced standard of living.

Bush tried to warn congress about Freddie and Fannie, 17 times in 2008 alone.

http://nicedeb.wordpress.com/2008/09/21/the-w...

For the record, the democrats held both houses of congress when Dodd and Fwank did their thing and they pushed it through, inspite of all the warnings.

If you stupid liberals think Bush caused the housing bubble, you need to study history, it was the democraps who made that happen. Do 10 seconds worth of research and find the truth.

Here are a couple of quotes from pretty famous people regarding what the democrats did concerning Freddie and Fannie:

“I think that the responsibility that the Democrats had may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress, or by me when I was President, to put some standards and tighten up a little on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.”– Former President Bill Clinton (D-AR), September 25, 2008

“Like a lot of my Democratic colleagues I was too slow to appreciate the recklessness of Fannie and Freddie. I defended their efforts to encourage affordable homeownership when in retrospect I should have heeded the concerns raised by their regulator in 2004. Frankly, I wish my Democratic colleagues would admit when it comes to Fannie and Freddie, we were wrong.”– Congressman Artur Davis (D-AL), September 30, 2008

Have a nice day in your screwed up world.
Blackhorse

Holland, MI

#436 Jul 13, 2014
In the event that anyone want to know what REALLY caused the housing bubble, Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae and other GSE's read this:

http://tjhancock.wordpress.com/housing-bubble...

It is a long read but it is the DOCUMENTED truth and it gives names and dates on who did what and when and why it was bad or good. To all liberals: read it if you dare and have a box of Kleenex handy.
Uppercut

Fairfield, CA

#437 Jul 13, 2014
I have never seen an end of slavery party before. Ill bring the beer I guess. You guys bring the chicken wings.
pipedream

Flint, MI

#438 Jul 13, 2014
Blackhorse wrote:
The subprime debacle which lead to the utter collapse of the housing market and subsequently the entire economy was caused by Senator Christopher Dodd and Rep. Bwarny Fwank. At their insistence by the Community Reinvestment Act, their legislation force Fanny Mae and Freddie Mac to give loans to people who could not afford the mortgage payments.
I'll give you 'in a nutshell' you simplistic fat fuk.

Do 2 minutes worth of research and you'll see Dodd and Frank had nothing to do with the housing market collapse. It was greed and corruption of Wall Street brokers and traders, SUBPRIME MORTGAES which were being peddled and were the direct result of deregulation of mortgage underwriting guidelines, predatory lending, house flippers hoping for huge gains, real estate investors, realtors, corrupt investment rating agencies, mortgage brokers and domestic and foreign investors jumping in not wanting to be left out of money being made. Yes, it was Greed and corruption which fueled lots and lots of investors jumping in making BIG $$$$ and by 2006 there was a housing bubble that in 2008 that bubble bust and led the the greatest financial crisis since the Great Depression. Guess who was president then and he was warned about it well in advance but did nothing but sit back because lots of his friends in Wall Street, banking, real estate and construction industries were making money hand over fist.

No don't even try running your Bull Shit by me or anyone else that it was Dodd and Frank that caused it all. Take all that greed and corruption that existed at the time and anything Dodd and Frank did to promote home ownership would have been a great thing.

The financial crisis and near collapse of the banking industry is on none other than Bush 43 because he was head guy at that time and was being warned regularly about it but did nothing to prevent it, in fact promoted it, promoted further DEREGULATION of the financial industry!
Blackhorse

Holland, MI

#439 Jul 13, 2014
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll give you 'in a nutshell' you simplistic fat fuk.
Do 2 minutes worth of research and you'll see Dodd and Frank had nothing to do with the housing market collapse. It was greed and corruption of Wall Street brokers and traders, SUBPRIME MORTGAES which were being peddled and were the direct result of deregulation of mortgage underwriting guidelines, predatory lending, house flippers hoping for huge gains, real estate investors, realtors, corrupt investment rating agencies, mortgage brokers and domestic and foreign investors jumping in not wanting to be left out of money being made. Yes, it was Greed and corruption which fueled lots and lots of investors jumping in making BIG $$$$ and by 2006 there was a housing bubble that in 2008 that bubble bust and led the the greatest financial crisis since the Great Depression. Guess who was president then and he was warned about it well in advance but did nothing but sit back because lots of his friends in Wall Street, banking, real estate and construction industries were making money hand over fist.
No don't even try running your Bull Shit by me or anyone else that it was Dodd and Frank that caused it all. Take all that greed and corruption that existed at the time and anything Dodd and Frank did to promote home ownership would have been a great thing.
The financial crisis and near collapse of the banking industry is on none other than Bush 43 because he was head guy at that time and was being warned regularly about it but did nothing to prevent it, in fact promoted it, promoted further DEREGULATION of the financial industry!
It is obvious you didn't read what was written by economic scholars. Your ignorance exposes your stupidity.

Go have a bowl of baracky road ice cream Mr know nothing. LOL
pipedream

Flint, MI

#440 Jul 13, 2014
Blackhorse wrote:
<quoted text>
It is obvious you didn't read what was written by economic scholars. Your ignorance exposes your stupidity.
Go have a bowl of baracky road ice cream Mr know nothing. LOL
Don't even start with your b.s. about "economic scholars" putting the blame for the financial crisis on the CRA which became law in 1977 or any of its revisions over he year or any of the government home ownership policies promoted by Dodd or Frank. Your 'economic scholars' are dime-a-dozen right wing bloggers and other bull $h1t artists that have been feeding you at the low-information trough.

For one thing the Financial Crisis Inquiry Commision in its 2011 report bebunks COMPLETELY all of that bull $h1t you're claiming here as the cause of the debacle in the financial and housing markets under Bush's watch. Instead it lists about 10 other reason as causes, none of them having to do with the what Dodd or Frank or anything to do with them. In fact Dodd or Frank were not even mentioned in the report anywhere!

Read it and until you do just STFU. All you have are GOPher talking points and lies that you are slurping up at right wing hate machine bull shit trough.
pipedream

Flint, MI

#441 Jul 13, 2014
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer the question fukface coward!
yes keep demanding that you answer the question. Indeed you have many questions to answer. You must have been looking at your fat face in the mirror when you posted that stupid comment eh twerp?
Phil

Oxford, MI

#442 Jul 13, 2014
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>yes keep demanding that you answer the question. Indeed you have many questions to answer. You must have been looking at your fat face in the mirror when you posted that stupid comment eh twerp?
"Answer the question fukface coward!"
Your comprehension skills have a lot left to be desired. I was reposting the question so you would be able to understand what the question was. A simpleton like you has shown repeatedly to lose track very easily. Now STFU or answer the question coward!
pipedream

Flint, MI

#444 Jul 13, 2014
Shouldn't you be at your fast food job or did they send you home again because you crapped your pants? That's a daily thing with you isn't it? Or was it you assholery working the drive thru window? How about just answering that stupid?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
its high time . . . 1 hr bobolinq 1
News College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) Sat Go Blue Forever 1,767
News TRY IT BEFORE YOU BUY IT: Roof Melt (Jan '08) Sat gaga2 72
News This Woman Didn't Get Any Bacon In Her Burger S... Sat Sneaky Pete 6
News When to consider hip replacement surgery Mar 27 Jane Fairfax 1
Local News Women (Apr '09) Mar 27 Kobe 2,356
Mystery shopping in Grand Rapids? Mar 25 Mrs C 2
Grand Rapids Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]