Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery

Jun 19, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WOODTV.com

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich Today is June 19th, but it's more than that. It is a date that is celebrated as the day when enslavement ended in America back in 1865 and is also known as Juneteenth.

Comments
321 - 340 of 764 Comments Last updated 49 min ago
Dr X

Byron Center, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jul 10

bonds77 wrote:
<quoted text>
SHouldn't you be in your bunker preparing for the "revolution"? Alex Jones beckons. You're on the wrong site.
As I explained in an earlier post, I consider the United States of America my bunker and so should you. Those who hide from their enemies are cowards...just like John Boehner.
Dr X

Byron Center, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jul 10

bonds77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of internet tough guys....
Sounds like a threat. Might want to be careful with that one.
It's amazing that you guys just "know" that more illegals are purposely being shipped here despite record deportations and less people coming in. You just KNOW it. As for the 50,000 kids, I guess if Bush didn't sign the law in 2008, it wouldn't happen.
First of all, I say what I mean. I was there last year and the thought did occur to me that if it were necessary to remove a tyrant from the building it would be doable. Funny thing is, the Marines on station there would be involved. I'm not going into specifics about how that would play out. Just think about it for yourself what would happen with 5 million angry, armed civilians surrounding the place and the Marines who WILL be supporting them. As for the immigration issue, yes, Obama deportation of Mexicans---key word there--- went down a bit however he's done nothing to fix the situation and has escalated the South American equation into this. The idea, send these poor, innocent children into our country in the hopes that we feel their pain when asked " Hey Mr. and Mrs. America, shouldn't we reunite them with their families by bringing them up here as well. Obama has only one thing on his mind with this issue, create a voting base for democrats [traitors] and flip Texas blue. He said that he wanted to turn Texas blue. Now you see how he's planning on achieving that goal.

He risks the lives of children for political purposes. That is raw evil. Obama deserves the gallows and he'll probably end up there.
Dr X

Byron Center, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jul 10

pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL the Obama administration is only following the law passed by the GOPher Congress and signed by Bush 43 who will be brought up for war crimes. How does it feel having me prove to the world once more that you're a complete A.H? When are you going to put that loaded gun to your head and pull the trigger zero? If you don't have the balls to do it, I'm sure there are lots of people willing to do it for you.
“This is a piece of legislation we’re very proud to sign,” a White House spokesman, Tony Fratto, told reporters on Dec. 23, 2008, as the president put his pen to the William Wilberforce Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2008, named for a 19th-century British abolitionist.“This program has been very effective around the world in trying to stop trafficking in persons.”
Originally pushed by a bipartisan coalition of lawmakers as well as by evangelical groups to combat sex trafficking, the bill gave substantial new protections to children entering the country alone who were not from Mexico or Canada by prohibiting them from being quickly sent back to their country of origin.
Hey dickwood, you too. You know who you are. How does it feel being zero's A.H. bastard cousin? lol
You miss the point pipesmoker. This is about creating new votes for democrats[traitors] and turning Texas blue. I'm not talking about protecting children, everyone wants that, except maybe you who likes to fondle them. The serpent in the White House sees millions of new votes when he gazes down there by the boarder. That's what it's about. Now, go kill yourself you progressive monkey. You'll save someone else the trouble.
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jul 10

Once again Obama has lied on a major issue, and in this case numerous times...
1) He blames the current crisis on violence in Central America.
But the current wave of violence in Honduras, El Salvador, and Guatemala peaked in 2009 and has been declining since, so why now is this becoming a major issue while it's actually declining?
It's not ... and Obama is lying.

2) "Most of the children crossing the border will be sent home".
Cue The Center for American Progress' Marshall Fitz who told PBS Monday:
"All of the reporting that has been done so far by international independent agencies, not the Border Patrol, show that somewhere upwards of 58%-60% of the kids are entitled to some form of protection. Many of these kids are being granted either asylum or special immigration juvenile protection, or they are getting other visas..."
Most of these children will actually be granted protection and be allowed to stay ... Obama is lying again.

3) The Schumer-Rubio amnesty bill would have prevented the crisis.
Obama earlier stated border security wasn't the problem, so why would a bill to beef up border security prevent a border security crisis?
It wouldn't ... most of these migrants are surrendering to border control agents, not sneaking across the border .... so, another Obama lie (and a contradiction of his own earlier assertions).

4) Obama's "Supplemental" (money grab) will solve the problem.
Again, if these migrants are surrendering to border control agents, hijacking more money from American taxpayers to beef up security will virtually nothing to solve a political problem.
Obama = Liar

5) "We need to repeal the 2008 Trafficking Act"
His own party has pushed back on that notion so it's unlikely he'd even get support form his base to repeal that act. he's playing political football again and trying to blame Bush (as always) for something his own party is just as responsible for.
Obama just continues to lie.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Pinckney, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jul 10

He lies and people die....... And get raped...... And get into drugs.......
FIan

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jul 10

Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
Quit treating Obama as your God. Straighten up and fly straight and you know you were raised better than you are displaying.
kookierecluse

Waterford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jul 10

pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>What you really mean is you enjoy bending over for Obama as often as possible.

Your problem has nothing to do with Obama or progressives per se. You're just a racist pig filled with hate and you want to blame your pathetic miserable life on someone else. That about nails it perfectly doesn't it red wood?
I actually have a very good life despite everything Obama is doing to erase the middle class. Your blatant ignorance tells me you have zero skin in the game. You probably don't work because of some "back condition" you have due to all of the circle jerking in your past so none of what the administration is doing is hurting you. In fact, he's enabling you to continue being the fat, lazy slob of a life form you are. Pull your disgusting excuse for a body off your couch and get a job like the rest of us.
kookierecluse

Waterford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jul 10

pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>LOL the Obama administration is only following the law passed by the GOPher Congress and signed by Bush 43 who will be brought up for war crimes. How does it feel having me prove to the world once more that you're a complete A.H? When are you going to put that loaded gun to your head and pull the trigger zero? If you don't have the balls to do it, I'm sure there are lots of people willing to do it for you.

“This is a piece of legislation we’re very proud to sign,” a White House spokesman, Tony Fratto, told reporters on Dec. 23, 2008, as the president put his pen to the William Wilberforce Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2008, named for a 19th-century British abolitionist.“This program has been very effective around the world in trying to stop trafficking in persons.”

Originally pushed by a bipartisan coalition of lawmakers as well as by evangelical groups to combat sex trafficking, the bill gave substantial new protections to children entering the country alone who were not from Mexico or Canada by prohibiting them from being quickly sent back to their country of origin.

Hey dickwood, you too. You know who you are. How does it feel being zero's A.H. bastard cousin? lol
Those guys are fools Dr X. You'd get a better debate from a 4th grader with a lemonade stand.
pipedream

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jul 10

Oneal wrote:
But the current wave of violence in Honduras, El Salvador, and Guatemala peaked in 2009 and has been declining since, so why now is this becoming a major issue while it's actually declining?
2) "Most of the children crossing the border will be sent home".
Cue The Center for American Progress' Marshall Fitz who told PBS Monday:
"All of the reporting that has been done so far by international independent agencies, not the Border Patrol, show that somewhere upwards of 58%-60% of the kids are entitled to some form of protection. Many of these kids are being granted either asylum or special immigration juvenile protection, or they are getting other visas..."
Most of these children will actually be granted protection and be allowed to stay ... Obama is lying again.
3) The Schumer-Rubio amnesty bill would have prevented the crisis.
Obama earlier stated border security wasn't the problem, so why would a bill to beef up border security prevent a border security crisis?
It wouldn't ... most of these migrants are surrendering to border control agents, not sneaking across the border .... so, another Obama lie (and a contradiction of his own earlier assertions).
4) Obama's "Supplemental" (money grab) will solve the problem.
Again, if these migrants are surrendering to border control agents, hijacking more money from American taxpayers to beef up security will virtually nothing to solve a political problem.
Obama = Liar
5) "We need to repeal the 2008 Trafficking Act"
His own party has pushed back on that notion so it's unlikely he'd even get support form his base to repeal that act. he's playing political football again and trying to blame Bush (as always) for something his own party is just as responsible for.
Obama just continues to lie.
You are a liar. STFU and get that roof fixed A.H.
pipedream

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jul 10

kookierecluse wrote:
<quoted text>
Those guys are fools Dr X. You'd get a better debate from a 4th grader with a lemonade stand.
Hi Dickwood. Glad you know who and what your are. You'll eventually come to realization that your problem is that you're a pathetic loser living a miserable life, that its not Obama. Have a nice day A.H.
Phil

Oxford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jul 10

kookierecluse wrote:
<quoted text>I actually have a very good life despite everything Obama is doing to erase the middle class. Your blatant ignorance tells me you have zero skin in the game. You probably don't work because of some "back condition" you have due to all of the circle jerking in your past so none of what the administration is doing is hurting you. In fact, he's enabling you to continue being the fat, lazy slob of a life form you are. Pull your disgusting excuse for a body off your couch and get a job like the rest of us.
Your joking right??? Circle jerking of the PAST!! Like the little man would ever give that up!!
Phil

Oxford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jul 10

pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Dickwood. Glad you know who and what your are. You'll eventually come to realization that your problem is that you're a pathetic loser living a miserable life, that its not Obama. Have a nice day A.H.
"your are" You are a pathetic A.H.!!
pipedream

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jul 10

Oneal wrote:
Prove it.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jul 10

Judged:

Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
Not George W. Bush, this is about President Obama.....
Blackhorse

Holland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jul 10

Judged:

They are both lying politicians except Bush isn't a muslim communist.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jul 10

Blackhorse wrote:
They are both lying politicians except Bush isn't a muslim communist.
When will House republican's direct action toward Immigration Reform?
Really

Wyoming, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jul 10

pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a liar. STFU and get that roof fixed A.H.
He's not lying and if you had a brain, you would be able to find the same numbers we are seeing. Hell, our own government has published the fact that almost 300,000 illegal immigrants have come into this country since APRIL,2014! Obama really needs a larger voting base because people like you are gonna end up planted someplace by someone who gets extremely tired of your cowardly, bullying rhetoric. Now go crawl back under your rock for protection.
Really

Wyoming, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jul 10

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> When will House republican's direct action toward Immigration Reform?
What do we need immigration reform for? Obama is doing exactly what he planned to do and TOLD you he was going to do. HE IS GOING TO DO NOTHING BUT PISS AWAY ANOTHER $4 BILLION in taxpayer monies if the Congress is truly stupid enough to give it to him. That money will be spent on bringing even MORE of these kids to this country.
Really

Wyoming, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jul 10

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Not George W. Bush, this is about President Obama.....
President Obama is lying every single day every time he opens his mouth and more and more Americans are seeing it and it is going to create a giant tidal wave against Obama and the Democrats in this country. It will also take the Republicans that couldn't do anything but try to mollify Obama and be intimidated by him. Obama needs to be removed from the Presidency NOW!!!!!!!
Dr X

Byron Center, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jul 10

kookierecluse wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not kidding. You can sure spot the ones who were publicly educated. They worship progressive slavery and they're too stupid to understand why? This is why a ghetto stays a ghetto.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Grand Rapids Forum right now

Search the Grand Rapids Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 4 hr www 1,274
What about the Malaysian jetliner? 17 hr Denis 41
4 held nude in Saginaw jail seek damages on det... (Mar '08) Sun My Son My Son 38
Why Do Men and Women Like To Be Called Mommy or... (Nov '08) Sat hehe 88
Why does French Onion soup give me such foul sm... (Mar '09) Sat Barbie 47
Does Anyone miss Rval? (Nov '12) Jul 26 rval is a fool 48
So what's the inside story on Lamar Construction? Jul 26 Disaster 7
•••
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••