Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery

Jun 19, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WOODTV.com

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich Today is June 19th, but it's more than that. It is a date that is celebrated as the day when enslavement ended in America back in 1865 and is also known as Juneteenth.

Comments
261 - 280 of 886 Comments Last updated Monday Aug 25
George

Zeeland, MI

#265 Jul 8, 2014
Blackhorse,

Are you having trouble keeping all your locations and identities straight?.
LOL! What a loser(creating multiple personalities to bully others)!
bonds77

Holland, MI

#266 Jul 8, 2014
Oh look, more celebrations of dead people. Very Christian-like. Can't understand why organized religion causes massacres all over the world.
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#267 Jul 8, 2014
bonds77 wrote:
Oh look, more celebrations of dead people. Very Christian-like. Can't understand why organized religion causes massacres all over the world.
Joseph Stalin's atheistic regime killed tens of millions of people.

I'd say it's a fair bet those young gang members brandishing illegal firearms and dealing drugs on the streets of South Chicago view their gang affiliation with every bit as much devotion as Christians do their beliefs. In fact, they're willing to die or kill over their loyalty. How many millions have died over gang-related violence?
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#268 Jul 8, 2014
local warrior wrote:
Come to Hawaii you big babes and we will give you chicken skin.
More likely you'd be serving us Mai Tai, Hp...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#269 Jul 8, 2014
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
...Not to mention, that's 14 less brown people... it's win-win.
...C'mon man....those 14 represent some innocent kids, too.....
Who

Wyoming, MI

#270 Jul 8, 2014
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are your words not mine. It's a shame these murders continue non-stop while the hypocrite liberals in charge look the other way simply because this segment of our society doesn't fit the antiquated narrative that garners them votes.
The left has had 6 years to implement some legislation and allocate funds toward ending this non-sensical gang-related murder garbage, but instead chose to go after law-abiding Americans gun rights to gin up votes.
If "Juneteenth" and the end of slavery celebration should serve any purpose, it should be to shine a bright light on the lies and hypocrisy of the democrats who were largely responsible for fighting desegregation in the first place, and are now largely responsible for perpetuating the ongoing plight of black people though lies and inaction, all in the name of votes.
If republicans are guilty of disinterest in regards to our black communities, then liberals are even more guilty of claiming to care when it means harvesting votes, and then doing nothing, even when given to power to act.
You damn right they're my words and I stand behind every single one.

I challenge anybody to prove otherwise.
Who

Wyoming, MI

#271 Jul 8, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>...C'mon man....those 14 represent some innocent kids, too.....
Well then, get those brown animals under control.

You libs have convinced them that they can do whatever they want without consequence or reprocussions from their actions, just keep blaming the guns.

Fuck'em... collateral damage from liberal policies.

Why is it shitcago, a certified liberal "utopia" with some of the strictest gun control policies around, is having all these problems? And the majority of the perpetrators are the brown parasites you libs have been ass kissing for years....

Coincidence? Not likely.

How is it everybody else's problem that you libs can't get your pets under control?

Just have his travesty, king obastard the dick, use the pen he keeps threatening America with and decree that all his black brethren start behaving themselves. There's really nothing the rest of us can do or say without being called 'racists'.

You libs figure it out...
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#272 Jul 8, 2014
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
You damn right they're my words and I stand behind every single one.
I challenge anybody to prove otherwise.
As Blue said, you don't know that everyone of the people shot or killed in South Chicago over the 4th were gangbangers. In fact, reports noted an older person was injured. I've no doubt you're correct when you say there is nothing you or I could do or say regarding minorities that wouldn't get the predictable "you're a racist" response from the left, but your comment was wrong, dude.

Look at it this way, liberals want you to be a racist. It validates the narrative they're pitching. The more racist you are the happier they are. They have no desire in seeing racism go away, in fact it's just the opposite. They thrive off racism! So, when you go off on "brown people" and "pets" you're only pleasing the liberals. You're basically insuring they're relevance and giving the rest of us who aren't racist real headaches.
Dr X

Grand Rapids, MI

#273 Jul 8, 2014
The problem with certain areas of Chicago is that they've been controlled by progressives for so long that the youth have nothing to look forward to. They live off the government and that's actually generational, they have terrible schools that don't instruct well due to the teachers union, they're used for political purposes and have been for years. Just like cattle! If true conservatives were to march in there and take control of the situation you'd see a dramatic shift in the general mood of the place. Better schools, youth programs that really work, mentoring, reconstruction...etc. Although it might take awhile for it to become a vibrant community, this could be done in a single generation.
Bux

Holland, MI

#274 Jul 8, 2014
George wrote:
Blackhorse,
Are you having trouble keeping all your locations and identities straight?.
LOL! What a loser(creating multiple personalities to bully others)!
Naaahhhh, I'm not having trouble knowing where and who I am. You are though. Besides, who are you to lecture anyone on multiple names and locations Georgie Johnny Bobby from Zeeland and Holland.

Go get a tissue and dry your eyes because I bully you. Take off your panties and put on your big boy pants. WWWWAAAAAAAAaaaaaahhhhh. LOL

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#275 Jul 8, 2014
I grew up on the far south side....this is partially about poor planning and decisions about public housing, many decades ago.....throw in drugs, crime and whatever just about any big city is going through.....whether they are liberals or progressives, what ever that means...i highly doubt any of the shooters have even ever voted......all the labeling does'nt add to a valid conversation......I blame feds the most, but that does nothing for this problem.........
Who

Wyoming, MI

#277 Jul 8, 2014
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
As Blue said, you don't know that everyone of the people shot or killed in South Chicago over the 4th were gangbangers. In fact, reports noted an older person was injured. I've no doubt you're correct when you say there is nothing you or I could do or say regarding minorities that wouldn't get the predictable "you're a racist" response from the left, but your comment was wrong, dude.
Look at it this way, liberals want you to be a racist. It validates the narrative they're pitching. The more racist you are the happier they are. They have no desire in seeing racism go away, in fact it's just the opposite. They thrive off racism! So, when you go off on "brown people" and "pets" you're only pleasing the liberals. You're basically insuring they're relevance and giving the rest of us who aren't racist real headaches.
Well, I'm sure as hell not going to candy coat it to appease some fucking liberal like everyone else.

Brown people ARE their pets, they're nothing to them but a vote, so why the fuck should we care if they want to kill as many of their own as they can?

It isn't 'racist' if it's the truth and I challenge ALL worthless liberals to prove me wrong.

I'm tired of brown people being the elephant in the room, the topic everyone dances around. It's we start putting the blame right where it belongs - on the worthless, no-good, brown savages.

So get your puppets under control liberals, you made them who they are, you created the rules they adhere to - so now YOU LIBERALS DEAL WITH THEM!

Those animals will get no sympathy from me.
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#278 Jul 8, 2014
It doesn't matter whether the shooters voted or not, no one is arguing that, and make no mistake, the liberals/progressives (and if you don't know what that means you're a damned fool at this point) have the power and the funds to go after this issue with force, but they choose not to. Yet, they are also the first to use race and the black community as political weapons to garner votes. Instead of going after the gangbangers in the inner cities illegal using firearms on a daily basis against other minorities, they chose the political game of attacking law-abiding gun owners - why? Because it fit their narrative and ginned up their voting base.

Stop pretending this isn't a political issue.
Phil

Oxford, MI

#279 Jul 8, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
I grew up on the far south side....this is partially about poor planning and decisions about public housing, many decades ago.....throw in drugs, crime and whatever just about any big city is going through.....whether they are liberals or progressives, what ever that means...i highly doubt any of the shooters have even ever voted......all the labeling does'nt add to a valid conversation......I blame feds the most, but that does nothing for this problem.........
Yes Jason most big cities are ran by your side and they have problems like this. That should tell you something Qboy. Beside the fact that your side is good at running cities into the ground, your side ends up usually being the rapists, crooks, and killers.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Brighton, MI

#280 Jul 8, 2014
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Jason most big cities are ran by your side and they have problems like this. That should tell you something Qboy. Beside the fact that your side is good at running cities into the ground, your side ends up usually being the rapists, crooks, and killers.
I just looked at Yahoo News...... Article about the next city wanting bankruptcy because of retired city workers benefits....... It's Flint!!!! Who runs that town again? I will make this easy for you....... Unions and Democrats.....
pipedream

Flint, MI

#281 Jul 8, 2014
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
For somebody with the reputation around Topix of being a no-nothing punk with an 8th grade education (I'm being generous) you sure have a big mouth. You don't have a clue why urban areas have the problems they do, i.e., crime, fiscal related and other issues. You really need to spend some time with your nose in a good book instead of what you're getting sitting on your fat ass on the internet 24/7. What a disgusting little prick you are.
Raise da Roof S

Lakeland, FL

#282 Jul 8, 2014
Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
<quoted text>I just looked at Yahoo News...... Article about the next city wanting bankruptcy because of retired city workers benefits....... It's Flint!!!! Who runs that town again? I will make this easy for you....... Unions and Democrats.....
Hmmmm, Republican Governor run states are in the BLACK while Dumbascrap run states are in the RED. I see a trend here. I wonder if Doby could explain this? That is if he'll ever post here again! Lol
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#283 Jul 8, 2014
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
For somebody with the reputation around Topix of being a no-nothing punk with an 8th grade education (I'm being generous) you sure have a big mouth. You don't have a clue why urban areas have the problems they do, i.e., crime, fiscal related and other issues. You really need to spend some time with your nose in a good book instead of what you're getting sitting on your fat ass on the internet 24/7. What a disgusting little prick you are.
Like anyone here needed some hayseed hypocrite telling us urban areas have problems due to "crime, fiscal related and other issues" ...

Gosh, up until now I was blaming tanning salons and sugary drinks for urban areas having problems! Never suspected crime, to say nothing of "other issues".

Thanks, Captain Obvious, for yet another Mensa-like contribution from the land of Cowpatty Window-Lick, Michigan!
pipedream

Flint, MI

#284 Jul 8, 2014
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
Like anyone here needed some hayseed hypocrite telling us urban areas have problems due to "crime, fiscal related and other issues" ...
Gosh, up until now I was blaming tanning salons and sugary drinks for urban areas having problems! Never suspected crime, to say nothing of "other issues".
Thanks, Captain Obvious, for yet another Mensa-like contribution from the land of Cowpatty Window-Lick, Michigan!
LOL Just STFU big mouth. I didn't address you. Who the F do you think you are chumpy?
Mitchell

Los Angeles, CA

#285 Jul 8, 2014
Most of you are acting like little bitches. Are you even old enough to be on this forum.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'We Don't Have a Strategy' to Fight ISIS t 36 min Batch 37 Pain Is ... 6
The cheerleaders with their tight skirts are v... 19 hr Phil 1
why war with isis? 20 hr Phil 17
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 21 hr Buffalo Bull 1,326
Liberty University Law School Dean: Gay Marriag... Thu Batch 37 Pain Is ... 314
Plafkin Brothers-McDonalds, Home of the Famous ... (Jun '13) Wed Kelly Hadd 8
Cousins hope to open Grand Rapids' first hostel... Wed Faith 3
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Grand Rapids People Search