Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of...

Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery

There are 793 comments on the WOODTV.com story from Jun 19, 2014, titled Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery. In it, WOODTV.com reports that:

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich Today is June 19th, but it's more than that. It is a date that is celebrated as the day when enslavement ended in America back in 1865 and is also known as Juneteenth.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOODTV.com.

pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#281 Jul 8, 2014
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Jason most big cities are ran by your side and they have problems like this. That should tell you something Qboy. Beside the fact that your side is good at running cities into the ground, your side ends up usually being the rapists, crooks, and killers.
For somebody with the reputation around Topix of being a no-nothing punk with an 8th grade education (I'm being generous) you sure have a big mouth. You don't have a clue why urban areas have the problems they do, i.e., crime, fiscal related and other issues. You really need to spend some time with your nose in a good book instead of what you're getting sitting on your fat ass on the internet 24/7. What a disgusting little prick you are.
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#283 Jul 8, 2014
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
For somebody with the reputation around Topix of being a no-nothing punk with an 8th grade education (I'm being generous) you sure have a big mouth. You don't have a clue why urban areas have the problems they do, i.e., crime, fiscal related and other issues. You really need to spend some time with your nose in a good book instead of what you're getting sitting on your fat ass on the internet 24/7. What a disgusting little prick you are.
Like anyone here needed some hayseed hypocrite telling us urban areas have problems due to "crime, fiscal related and other issues" ...

Gosh, up until now I was blaming tanning salons and sugary drinks for urban areas having problems! Never suspected crime, to say nothing of "other issues".

Thanks, Captain Obvious, for yet another Mensa-like contribution from the land of Cowpatty Window-Lick, Michigan!
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#284 Jul 8, 2014
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
Like anyone here needed some hayseed hypocrite telling us urban areas have problems due to "crime, fiscal related and other issues" ...
Gosh, up until now I was blaming tanning salons and sugary drinks for urban areas having problems! Never suspected crime, to say nothing of "other issues".
Thanks, Captain Obvious, for yet another Mensa-like contribution from the land of Cowpatty Window-Lick, Michigan!
LOL Just STFU big mouth. I didn't address you. Who the F do you think you are chumpy?
Mitchell

Los Angeles, CA

#285 Jul 8, 2014
Most of you are acting like little bitches. Are you even old enough to be on this forum.
Lilly_Bedwetter

Grandville, MI

#286 Jul 9, 2014
As soon as you say Lincoln freed the slaves, they come up with, that's not why we started a civil war.

So it's whites fault for using blacks for slaves, but it wasn't a white guy that freed the slaves.
It was better in the 70's than it is now, and the constant drum beat of how bad whites are and how blacks are so oppressed is generated by the racists, the real racists. Just pick one, like Oprah, and all those arrogant rich whites in Hollywood, and MSNBC, all race, all day, everyday.

One guest on MSNBC did a study, he said that big cities cause more non whites to die because of pollution.

insane
Ron

United States

#287 Jul 9, 2014
Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
<quoted text>I just looked at Yahoo News...... Article about the next city wanting bankruptcy because of retired city workers benefits....... It's Flint!!!! Who runs that town again? I will make this easy for you....... Unions and Democrats.....
Is that an old article? I thought they ran out of money a year or two ago.
Ron

United States

#288 Jul 9, 2014
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>For somebody with the reputation around Topix of being a no-nothing punk with an 8th grade education (I'm being generous) you sure have a big mouth. You don't have a clue why urban areas have the problems they do, i.e., crime, fiscal related and other issues. You really need to spend some time with your nose in a good book instead of what you're getting sitting on your fat ass on the internet 24/7. What a disgusting little prick you are.
Ha, ha, ha!!! You are a joke you little prick. I'll tell you why these places have the problems they do. It's because they are infiltrated by fools such as yourself. You should talk about a low education level or about being on the internet 24/7. Lol! Go fly a kite little princess.
BTW, are you still being a p@$$y after making your challenge for the 100th time?
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Grand Blanc, MI

#289 Jul 9, 2014
Ron wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that an old article? I thought they ran out of money a year or two ago.
Now it is getting serious. Only thing going on downtown is govt offices...... Their economy, that the majority voted for, moved from full time to part time (so they can concentrate of doing art. ie Pelosi). Now they have no revenue to keep up....
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#290 Jul 9, 2014
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Just STFU big mouth. I didn't address you. Who the F do you think you are chumpy?
I think we've already concluded this; You're not going to shut anyone up, least of all me. Who I am is a taxpaying, successful, working American with an education, which is more than you can say on all accounts it appears. If I choose to direct a comment to any of your embarrassing posts you'll sit there and take it like the ill-educated podunk you've demonstrated for years.

Feel lucky anyone is paying attention to you at all, because very shortly you progressive lackeys will be as irrelevant as the defunct and smelly OWSer cop car crapper society.
Ron

United States

#291 Jul 9, 2014
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>LOL Just STFU big mouth. I didn't address you. Who the F do you think you are chumpy?
Lol! Your such a dipshit! Just name the place and time so you can fulfill your challenge. Then STFU! Your making us all sick.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Grand Blanc, MI

#292 Jul 9, 2014
Piper will be happy that the Flint area male hookers will be cheaper...... He is known as acorn.......
Ron

United States

#293 Jul 9, 2014
Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
<quoted text>Now it is getting serious. Only thing going on downtown is govt offices...... Their economy, that the majority voted for, moved from full time to part time (so they can concentrate of doing art. ie Pelosi). Now they have no revenue to keep up....
I just remember a news article about a year or two ago saying the city would run out of money by May.
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#294 Jul 9, 2014
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we've already concluded this; You're not going to shut anyone up, least of all me. Who I am is a taxpaying, successful, working American with an education, which is more than you can say on all accounts it appears. If I choose to direct a comment to any of your embarrassing posts you'll sit there and take it like the ill-educated podunk you've demonstrated for years.
Feel lucky anyone is paying attention to you at all, because very shortly you progressive lackeys will be as irrelevant as the defunct and smelly OWSer cop car crapper society.
lol You claim you're educated and successful? Maybe at being another inbred white trash Topix loser with an 8th grade education (I'm being generous). The fact is, fat ass losers like yourself shouldn't go around on forums like this one talking themselves up like you do. They end up showing the world how stupid and misinformed they really are. BTW your house trailer and the park its in is about to be condemned. You're also wrong on all counts about me but even more importantly -- the next election. Your party has become the laughing stock around the world just like you.
Heinie Vanderploegenber g

Holland, MI

#295 Jul 9, 2014
1. America is capitalist and greedy - yet half of the population is subsidized.

2. Half of the population is subsidized - yet they think they are victims.

3. They think they are victims - yet their representatives run the government.

4. Their representatives run the government - yet the poor keep getting poorer.

5. The poor keep getting poorer - yet they have things that people in
other countries only dream about.

6. They have things that people in other countries only dream about -
yet they want America to be more like those other countries.

all caused by democrappers
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#296 Jul 9, 2014
Ron wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol! Your such a dipshit! Just name the place and time so you can fulfill your challenge. Then STFU! Your making us all sick.
You name the place A.H. I'll be there. I've never backed down from anyone. Your problem twerp is your daddy left right after leaving the wet spot on the mattress from whence you evolved. That means nobody's been around to give you that once in a lifetime azz kicking you deserve, need and most likely always wanted. The luck part for you is it won't take much AND it'll be my pleasure. Just name the place stupid.
FIan

Honolulu, HI

#297 Jul 9, 2014
Heinie Vanderploegenberg wrote:
1. America is capitalist and greedy - yet half of the population is subsidized.
2. Half of the population is subsidized - yet they think they are victims.
3. They think they are victims - yet their representatives run the government.
4. Their representatives run the government - yet the poor keep getting poorer.
5. The poor keep getting poorer - yet they have things that people in
other countries only dream about.
6. They have things that people in other countries only dream about -
yet they want America to be more like those other countries.
all caused by democrappers
We blame your parent for your misgivings.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#298 Jul 9, 2014
Heinie Vanderploegenberg wrote:
1. America is capitalist and greedy ...
...Maybe coulda stopped, right here......
Ron

United States

#299 Jul 9, 2014
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>You name the place A.H. I'll be there. I've never backed down from anyone. Your problem twerp is your daddy left right after leaving the wet spot on the mattress from whence you evolved. That means nobody's been around to give you that once in a lifetime azz kicking you deserve, need and most likely always wanted. The luck part for you is it won't take much AND it'll be my pleasure. Just name the place stupid.
"whence" What the hell is that
little man? It might be true that you have not backed down. It is more like you change the subject or totally ignore the fact that you put out the challenge. Then when you're finally pushed far enough you just don't show your Qboy face. The challenge was already made to someone else. Unless of course you are saying that person is really me in disguise. After that appointment you can tell me which of your many ISP locations are true and I will be happy to give you the foot up the ass you have needed for so long.
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#300 Jul 9, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>...Maybe coulda stopped, right here......
Maybe you should learn proper English grammar before you insult your country, comma boy.

A Pew Research survey found that just 40% of so-called Solid Liberals “often feel proud to be American” while "60% say that characterization does not fit them."

To them I say there's always Cuba.
George

Holland, MI

#301 Jul 9, 2014
Well, it is obvious, based on the coversation here, that racism is alive and well is the USA. It is an ugly and sad state that we have created. What can we do to help? Not what someone else can do, what can we/I do to make a difference? Certainly the goal is noble. We would all benefit at a larger level.

Something to think about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 21 hr a commenter 1,131
Local News Women (Apr '09) Mon Sntw 2,776
News The Latest: Trump calls Election Day 'our Indep... Sun Cuddles6778 284
So glad Hillary is not President Dec 1 Batch 37 Pain Is ... 9
Amway Fireworks (May '09) Nov 29 Amwaysux 88
News WZZM13 - Holland Police looking for non-custodi... (May '07) Nov 27 TRUTH 22
Does anyone know why the Chez Ami Bowling alley... (Sep '14) Nov 27 TruthTeller 5

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages