Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of...

Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery

There are 793 comments on the WOODTV.com story from Jun 19, 2014, titled Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery. In it, WOODTV.com reports that:

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich Today is June 19th, but it's more than that. It is a date that is celebrated as the day when enslavement ended in America back in 1865 and is also known as Juneteenth.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOODTV.com.

Blackhorse

Holland, MI

#238 Jul 6, 2014
Here is the deal. I was never a slave owner and black person alive today has been a slave. It wasn't their fault but it wasn't my fault either. Get over it. It is history. Bad history for sure but it is not an excuse to commit crimes on either side. Behave like a human being not an animal, black or white or brown or whatever.

If you act like a rabid animal you should be treated like one.
Blackhorse

Holland, MI

#239 Jul 6, 2014
CORRECTION:

"black person alive today has been a slave."

SHOULD READ:

"no black person alive today has been a slave."

sorry for the mistake
Yep I Said It

Detroit, MI

#240 Jul 6, 2014
Blackhorse wrote:
Here is the deal. I was never a slave owner and black person alive today has been a slave. It wasn't their fault but it wasn't my fault either. Get over it. It is history. Bad history for sure but it is not an excuse to commit crimes on either side. Behave like a human being not an animal, black or white or brown or whatever.
If you act like a rabid animal you should be treated like one.
We are all modern-day slaves. Everyone one is a slave towards maintaining their survival within a system that was designed to only benefit a few.

The color line has been drawn. It is now owing debt on every aspect of your life; from schooling, having shelter, and eating you're a slave to the very system that you love. This form of slavery has fractured and degenerated ALL of society, <both whites and blacks>.

Same game; with newer rules just a different day.
Yep I Said It

Detroit, MI

#241 Jul 6, 2014
CORRECTION

SCRATCH- extra word "one" <second sentence>
Who

Grand Rapids, MI

#242 Jul 6, 2014
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
There you again with using that word 'coward' you like so much; and there you go again with another low information ignorant white trash non-response. OK - Here's my response to you. Anything I communicate to you here, I'll say to you in person. Let me know when you're available because I will say it straight to your fat face. You are an ignorant bitch! That goes for the rest of you inbred white trash Topix losers out there.
Blue said it right. Lie then deny bitch!
Then PROVE them wrong you little prick.
Really

Wyoming, MI

#243 Jul 7, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>...LOL....Lie, then deny.......
Ah yes, another one who has zero clue how to look anything up and has no use for websites other than the AP. Go away to your national sites Blue, they believe your BS that you post on a daily basis. It wouldn't matter what I put up as a source, if it isn't the AP for you or a progressive attack site for pippy boy, neither of you would even look at them. Unlike you and your tunnel vision, I look at many websites and discover many things. But then, my world is larger than Florida.
Really

Wyoming, MI

#244 Jul 7, 2014
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
There you again with using that word 'coward' you like so much; and there you go again with another low information ignorant white trash non-response. OK - Here's my response to you. Anything I communicate to you here, I'll say to you in person. Let me know when you're available because I will say it straight to your fat face. You are an ignorant bitch! That goes for the rest of you inbred white trash Topix losers out there.
Blue said it right. Lie then deny bitch!
Name the place stupid and I am there...you don't have the male body parts to say anything to anyone's face and you have proven that over and over and over. Go away little gnat, you are nothing short of annoying as are most cowards.
Really

Wyoming, MI

#245 Jul 7, 2014
FIan wrote:
What the knuckle-draggers fail to realize that just because slavery was outlawed long ago doesn't lessen the pain or the current attitude toward blacks.
Yes some blacks earn a bad rep. but not all blacks do.
Say you are a 10 year old black student who is just studying slavery in History class.
You read where mostly the white man did this and that. If that was me I'd be p!ssed off at the white man even though my parents or their parents or their parents parents weren't slaves.
IT WILL TAKE DECADES TO SMOOTH OVER THE TENSIONS between Whites and Blacks and many innocent people will be hurt in the process.
Probably will take even longer with these pasty-face bigots spouting off the garbage their parents taught them.
Back to the 10 year old student;
So he hates the white man he learned of in his history book AND
he is discouraged by the way that certain white people treat him, watch him in stores and move away from him on the streets.
SO IN CLOSING;
All you stubborn ignorant backward black-hating folks will just extend reasons for some blacks to hate your children and your grandchildren and your great grandchildren. Your ignorance may even give them enough reason to hurt your children.
The biggest problem i see is you palefaces are too dumb to recognize that your actions and attitudes are the reason why there is black on white crime is as high as it is. U R a large part of the problem. Ha Ha Ha
Actually, according to the FBI, the black on black crime is a whole lot higher than black on white or white on black crime. Why don't you whine about that one? I know the answer to that question, do you????
Really

Wyoming, MI

#246 Jul 7, 2014
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
Then PROVE them wrong you little prick.
They can't because their ignorance is so massive they don't have a clue what is actually happening in the world today.
Flan

Honolulu, HI

#247 Jul 7, 2014
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, according to the FBI, the black on black crime is a whole lot higher than black on white or white on black crime. Why don't you whine about that one? I know the answer to that question, do you????
Prove iT.

I'd be by myself too, if the town i lived in was barely 75% white. Ha ha
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#248 Jul 7, 2014
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Name the place stupid and I am there...you don't have the male body parts to say anything to anyone's face and you have proven that over and over and over. Go away little gnat, you are nothing short of annoying as are most cowards.
LOL Name the place, you'll be there will you? I'll be able to recognize you as the 300 lb live honey boo boo? You sure do have some Topix keyboard courage there eh big mouth? How I wish I could stand 6 inches away from your dumb looking face and call you the ignorant bitch you 'really' are.
Ron

United States

#250 Jul 7, 2014
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>LOL Name the place, you'll be there will you? I'll be able to recognize you as the 300 lb live honey boo boo? You sure do have some Topix keyboard courage there eh big mouth? How I wish I could stand 6 inches away from your dumb looking face and call you the ignorant bitch you 'really' are.
Poor Jason! How many times will you try this tactic and fail before you realize what a p@$$y everyone knows you are? Every time you never show up! Just to let you know, that does make you a coward.
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#251 Jul 7, 2014
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Ah yes, another one who has zero clue how to look anything up and has no use for websites other than the AP. Go away to your national sites Blue, they believe your BS that you post on a daily basis. It wouldn't matter what I put up as a source, if it isn't the AP for you or a progressive attack site for pippy boy, neither of you would even look at them. Unlike you and your tunnel vision, I look at many websites and discover many things. But then, my world is larger than Florida.
Your world view can be measured by what you see when your big nose is stuck in Beck or Limbaugh's A.H. which, for you, is all the time. Why not go for a horse's ass like Rick Perry for a different view and smell?
Phil

Oxford, MI

#252 Jul 7, 2014
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>Your world view can be measured by what you see when your big nose is stuck in Beck or Limbaugh's A.H. which, for you, is all the time. Why not go for a horse's ass like Rick Perry for a different view and smell?
Stick to the subject Jason!! You put out the challenge. Now get your ass whipping little man. Don't be a coward all your life. Take off your Obama costume and put away your toy gulf clubs. Go up stairs and tell mommy for once you will try to be a man.
Dr X

Grandville, MI

#254 Jul 7, 2014
kookierecluse wrote:
<quoted text>
C'mon dummy, to be 6 inches away from your face, he'd have to be touching my brown ring piece with his nose! And that's just not physically possible you mindless Cretan!
I heard that authorities found her running around naked in the gorilla exhibit at John Ball Zoo last night.
Oneal

Grand Rapids, MI

#255 Jul 8, 2014
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, according to the FBI, the black on black crime is a whole lot higher than black on white or white on black crime. Why don't you whine about that one? I know the answer to that question, do you????
82 shot, 14 killed in Chicago's South Side over the Fourth weekend.
Really

Wyoming, MI

#256 Jul 8, 2014
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Name the place, you'll be there will you? I'll be able to recognize you as the 300 lb live honey boo boo? You sure do have some Topix keyboard courage there eh big mouth? How I wish I could stand 6 inches away from your dumb looking face and call you the ignorant bitch you 'really' are.
You wish you could get in my face???? No courage eh??? No surprise there. And you wouldn't recognize me at all, but I would know who you are the minute you opened your mouth little man.
Really

Wyoming, MI

#257 Jul 8, 2014
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
Your world view can be measured by what you see when your big nose is stuck in Beck or Limbaugh's A.H. which, for you, is all the time. Why not go for a horse's ass like Rick Perry for a different view and smell?
Actually, don't like Beck as he is an extremist in my view. As for Rush, haven't listened to him since I was a young person. Don't particularly believe any side these days unlike you who believes everything the Obama camp puts out and the Politico and any other left wingnut website you can find. Bet you have to get a new computer every couple of months don't you? How does rent a center like you turning that stuff back in so often???
Ron

United States

#258 Jul 8, 2014
Really wrote:
<quoted text>You wish you could get in my face???? No courage eh??? No surprise there. And you wouldn't recognize me at all, but I would know who you are the minute you opened your mouth little man.
Not unless you could smell his semen breath. He would talk like the coward he really is and you would not recognize that.
Who

Grand Rapids, MI

#259 Jul 8, 2014
Really wrote:
<quoted text> You wish you could get in my face???? No courage eh??? No surprise there. And you wouldn't recognize me at all, but I would know who you are the minute you opened your mouth little man.
pippy said 'name the place', so name his mother's basement...then he has no choice but to show up.

pippy is like ALL liberals, which I noticed have all bailed and left their buddy pippy behind, all mouth, no substance.

Basically worthless as tits on a board.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
East Grand Rapids Mugshots and Criminal Arrest ... (Sep '16) Thu east 3
News Holland's Hispanic population growing (May '08) May 23 bonds77 396
Local News Women (Apr '09) May 22 NewsFan13 2,905
Poll What about Obama's wife? (Aug '10) May 20 Horrific 378
Sonic's GR History? (Sep '09) May 12 Cdoxie 15
News The cold, hard facts about seven winter driving... (Nov '14) May 10 then thaw Floods ... 2
The Geek Group May 10 Redrider87 1

Grand Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Rapids Mortgages