First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#62 May 15, 2013
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
While it's generally against the law to refuse to rent to someone just because the person has a Section 8 voucher, the Landlord has always had the right to screen the Section 8 tenant, i.e. background, prior evictions, bad debt, and refuse to rent. They can also use the eviction process if necessary. No one is forcing the landlord to rent to section 8 applicants. It's generally the landlord's own choice. Seems to me your beef is just as much with the property owner as it with the Section 8 tenant. Most landlords would rather rent to anyone who is qualified, including Section 8, that let their property sit empty. This is especially true in housing markets that are distressed. Many Florida housing markets are distressed and will be for some time.
The eviction process? Don't know what it's like there, but it is an absolute nightmare here....Had a weirdo move into a multi-million dollar, foreclosed home in Boca Raton, FL.....The media called him a squatter, who claimed eminant domain, and whom the bank had done nothing about. Several local channels had nitely reports and updates...lol......took weeks to get him out.....eviction process?
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#63 May 15, 2013
I know all about the eviction process Blue. Its b.s. up here too. You're right its a joke, but its the risk that real estate property owners have to take when they decide to become landlord. Most will factor all of that into the amount of rent they get. I'm just saying legal eviction is an avenue, albeit b.s., that a landlord can use. The other is regular inspections of their property. Most don't even do that. You say Sec. 8 is being manipulated. It may be to a degree, but from my own experience, a lot of it is not due to manipulation of the program by the Govt, but rather a result of poor housing market conditions and so many people who genuinely need assistance finding and paying for housing. That's the BIG problem. Bush's disasters are still having to be dealt with and paid for. This will be the case for YEARS to come. I see it everyday, everywhere I go distressed private housing and commercial property markets, which is a direct result of the Bush's abuses and policies which led to the worst economic and financial crisis since the Great Depression.
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#64 May 15, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> The eviction process? Don't know what it's like there, but it is an absolute nightmare here....Had a weirdo move into a multi-million dollar, foreclosed home in Boca Raton, FL.....The media called him a squatter, who claimed eminant domain, and whom the bank had done nothing about. Several local channels had nitely reports and updates...lol......took weeks to get him out.....eviction process?
Multi-million dollar foreclosed home? Guess there's lots of those, not just in Fla., but all over the country. Wow, guess Bush's policies weren't all that sound were they? Maybe the problem is that too many millionaires and other crooks were created when dubya was prez and now looky here -- they are being foreclosed .... lol. Serves them right! BTW is happening up here too. They built thousands of homes in the mid 100s to million dollar homes and large numbers of those are in foreclosure. People buying them qualified but when the economy collapsed in Bush's last year in office, many of them lost good jobs and the banks were left with their hands in the cookie jar. I say good for them. They deserve it!
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#65 May 15, 2013
racistt willy wrote:
<quoted text>Y
You just cant beat that!
By the way,....every one of them is occupied by "white trash"!!!!
Take your racism, and shove it!
Looky here White trash renting to white trash. Can't beat that.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#66 May 15, 2013
pipedream wrote:
I know all about the eviction process Blue. Its b.s. up here too. You're right its a joke, but its the risk that real estate property owners have to take when they decide to become landlord. Most will factor all of that into the amount of rent they get. I'm just saying legal eviction is an avenue, albeit b.s., that a landlord can use. The other is regular inspections of their property. Most don't even do that. You say Sec. 8 is being manipulated. It may be to a degree, but from my own experience, a lot of it is not due to manipulation of the program by the Govt, but rather a result of poor housing market conditions and so many people who genuinely need assistance finding and paying for housing. That's the BIG problem. Bush's disasters are still having to be dealt with and paid for. This will be the case for YEARS to come. I see it everyday, everywhere I go distressed private housing and commercial property markets, which is a direct result of the Bush's abuses and policies which led to the worst economic and financial crisis since the Great Depression.
Pretty sure, we both agree on the chronology of who did what, and when....i could actually feel something a bit off in the market's as early as, summer 2007.....My point about Section 8 is mainly that largely in the big cities, and to a smaller degree elsewhere...it is being used to often mix ghetto trash and a criminal element into already established, peaceful neighborhoods......As a homeowner and mortgage holder inthese areas, you are at the mercy of a government assistance program, you helped pay for....
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

#67 May 15, 2013
pipedream wrote:
I know all about the eviction process Blue.
From personal experience, no doubt.
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#68 May 15, 2013
vox veritatis wrote:
<quoted text>
From personal experience, no doubt.
Wrong again. Never been evicted, in fact haven't leased since the early 80s. Am a Landlord though.

You still live in your mother's basement, sponging off her. Don't worry about being evicted. The bitch will just throw you lazy, good for nothing, out on the street like she should have 30 years ago.
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

#69 May 15, 2013
pipedream wrote:
Am a Landlord though.
Riiighht....and I'm the Duchess of York
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#70 May 15, 2013
vox veritatis wrote:
<quoted text>
Riiighht....and I'm the Duchess of York
Yes you are! A big fat lazy good for nothing one at that.
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

#71 May 15, 2013
pipedream wrote:
Yes you are! A big fat lazy good for nothing one at that.
LOL..let me point out the little flaw in your strategy. In order to offend me, I have to actually give a crap what you think. Snaps for the attempt, though, as much of a fail as it is and will continue to be...much like you.
Really

Traverse City, MI

#72 May 15, 2013
vox veritatis wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL..let me point out the little flaw in your strategy. In order to offend me, I have to actually give a crap what you think. Snaps for the attempt, though, as much of a fail as it is and will continue to be...much like you.
They don't understand what you are saying Vox, can you draw them a picture? That's about all they understand. Apparently because they get pissed off when insulted they expect the rest of the world to do the same. Too bad they haven't grown beyond 8 years old, isn't it?
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#73 May 16, 2013
vox veritatis wrote:
<quoted text>
O you care, or you wouldn't be on here trying to get even with your poison keyboard. Your angry, jealous, white trash, trailer park talk gives you away. I have a suggestion for you big mouth -- Go piss up a rope.
Really

Traverse City, MI

#74 May 16, 2013
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
O you care, or you wouldn't be on here trying to get even with your poison keyboard. Your angry, jealous, white trash, trailer park talk gives you away. I have a suggestion for you big mouth -- Go piss up a rope.
Why aren't you working there Pipester? Lose your job because you haven't learned to keep your foul mouth closed? As for your constant "white trash" comments, racist much or just looking in the mirror?
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#75 May 16, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Why aren't you working there Pipester? Lose your job because you haven't learned to keep your foul mouth closed? As for your constant "white trash" comments, racist much or just looking in the mirror?
Actually, I just calling it like it is -- White Trash -- one of your trademarks. I'll just add that your A$$ is probably wider than most. Ever look in a mirror?

And why am I not at work? I am at work. I work out of my home. 2nd job. I probably generate more income at home than you do in a week working for the man. Now that really makes you angry, frustrated and jealous doesn't it bitch?
Really

Holland, MI

#76 May 16, 2013
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I just calling it like it is -- White Trash -- one of your trademarks. I'll just add that your A$$ is probably wider than most. Ever look in a mirror?
And why am I not at work? I am at work. I work out of my home. 2nd job. I probably generate more income at home than you do in a week working for the man. Now that really makes you angry, frustrated and jealous doesn't it bitch?
Actually, no it doesn't. See getting angry, frustrated, and jealous of a little person such as yourself diminishes me and I refuse to allow you or anyone else to have that power. Why do you need 2 jobs? Too uneducated to get 1 good job? Nice to see you don't work too hard at either job and can post on Topix all day just as you berate others for doing. Napoleon in short pants would be a good name for you.
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

#78 May 16, 2013
pipedream wrote:
ROFLMBO...if it makes you feel better to believe that, I won't deprive you of what little comfort your delusions afford. The only angry and jealous person I see posting here is the one you see staring back at your ugly mug in the mirror every morning. As for your request for urine soaked rope...I'm afraid you'll have to supply the items for your odd fetishes yourself...and you might want to add that to the list of things you should be seeking treatment for.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
White House Fence Jumper Petition 8 min Who 3
Obama's new approval rating at 38% (Mar '14) 41 min pipedream 113
why war with isis? 3 hr Gville Jim 27
Back in Iraq. WMD's? oil? 6 hr Idea Maker 72
Who do you support for Secretary of State in Mi... (Oct '10) 12 hr JAH 170
Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in M... (Oct '10) 13 hr gamy 97
President O'Blama' Punts Again 14 hr Oneal 18
•••
•••
•••