Farmington, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2011

Pep123 wrote:
Why doesn't Volunteer Post there rates on line?
They do, its right on the website. Follow the links once you get there.
Jeff

Jackson, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2011

Judged:

Gas question wrote:
Got a call from Volunteer Energy wanting to provide cheaper natural gas etc... Anybody done this? Got opinions? I typically do not fall for telemarketers but the research on them looked pretty good.
An un informed person will give the wrong information 100% of the time.
With that being said, get the facts.

1. Volunteer Energy is a Supplier to local Utility companies in Michigan.

2. VE does not double up any of the charges for Distribution by your Utility company.

3. VE provides savings on the Gas delivered to you by your local utility company.

4. VE will appear on your utility bill as the supplier, the price is clearly displayed for you to review every month.

5. An informed client of VE will maximize their savings by staying in touch with the VE agent.

6. Summary, you have no risk by choosing Volunteer Energy, Choose the Month to Month Contract, Variable Rate, No Fees in or out with VE, No change in the billing except the price paid for the Natural Gas "GAS COST RECOVERY" If you are ever not happy, ask to be switched back to your Utility Company at any time, Ve will move your account pricing back with-in one billing cycle.

If you need more information or if you have other questions go to www.LowerBillsWithUs.com to request more. We believe in education first, then a long term benificial relationship can begin.

There is no reason to be afraid of Volunteer Energy.

No Tricks
No Gimmicks

Just Simple, Honest savings!
Jeff

Jackson, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2011

Judged:

Don wrote:
I've been with an alternative gas company for 3yrs. I sign a 1yr.contract with a locked rate.This year it's .61 cents per ccf.VE does'nt seem to want to do a locked yearly rate.I my self don't like that.You will always be charged from your utility co. a handling charge & taxes.Weather you use them or an alternative co.You are not being charged twice.Your gas co. can change rates per ccf monthly.And thats why I sign a yearly contract with an alternate co.The only thing that goes up & down is my usage not my rate.
Check your rate again.$0.61 per CCF is higher than the DTE current rate of $.535 per CCF. A locked rate is the best way to get stuck paying too much. With all due respect. Education is the key.

A good price this winter will be below $0.51 per CCF.
A variable rate with no contract is the way to go. It keeps you in control of your ability to save on yoru utility bill.

If Volunteer Energy ever does not save you money by providing a lower Natural Gas cost, you can return to the Utility price at any time. 1 simple phone call and you will be returned to the local utility price with-in 1 bill cycle.

If you want a better understanding of how to protect yourself in the future, go to: www.LowerBillsWithUs.com and ask me to contact you.

No Tricks
No Gimmicks

Jeff

Jackson, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2011

Judged:

Chris Martin wrote:
<quoted text>
That statement is 100% not true. I have continuous calendar year monthly rate comparisons, and they are available for download at their website
An uninformed person will provide the wrong information 100% of the time. If you hide from the people in business that have something good to offer, you will miss out on the opportunity. Not all Natural Gas Supply companies are out for your best interest. Avoid these 2 things.

Long Term Contracts and Fixed Rates. These take control away from you and leave you in the hands of the Natural Gas Supplier.

Volunteer energy is a great company when it comes to Short Term and Long Term savings.

Get Educated if you desire at www.LowerBillsWithUs.com Ask for more information and we will be happy to provide it to you.

No Tricks
No Gimmicks

Jeff

Jackson, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2011

Judged:

Kbear wrote:
They have called me several times. Each time I ask for info and they give me the runaround. When I started asking to be put on their NO CALL list, they hang up ......... only to call back a week later. I wouldn't trust these people to pump my septic.
<quoted text>
Your experience can be pleasant, I work with Volunteer energy in your area. If you want the right information about how the Choice program works, the Pricing history, the Terms and Conditions you can go to: www.LowerBillsWithUs.com

I was once a victim of the industry, then I learned the difference between a good company and a bad company. I now promote Volunteer Energy and I have saved on my Natural Gas 100% of the time for over 2 years now.

Let me know if you would like to know more through the Contact us tab at www.LowerBillsWithUs.com

Thanks for your time.
Jeff

Jackson, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2011

Judged:

Arctic49519 wrote:
I've never heard of them.
I would be skeptical of ANY "business" that solicits exclusively through telemarketing.
I would also not trust any positive rating by the BBB. Those reports can be manipulated. A good example is the recent church chair scam where the BBB had given the scammers a positive rating.
Maybe it's legit but I wouldn't risk it.
Here is a recent report:
http://www.ripoffreport.com/utility-companies...
Volunteer Energy is Legit, No Risk.

You save money on the Natural Gas delivered each month or you ask to be returned to the Utility company for pricing.

That is all there is to it.

Learn more by request at www.LowerBillsWithUs.com
Jeff

Jackson, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2011

Judged:

scambuster wrote:
Quite often, you'll be told that you pay a "flat rate" but in the fine print, it tells you that they accrue charges in proportion to the going market price of gas at the time of your monthly billing. You'll still pay the same "flat rate" every month but end up owing the difference in charges when you decide to cancel the service.
This is wrong information. The fact is that you pay the Utility company as usual, Volunteer Energy supplies the gas required for your service and the Utility company pays Volunteer Energy. You see the savings on your bill for a lower Natural Gas cost or you can request to be returned to the Local Utility price any time you wish. No Extra Fees or Charges are put on you by Volunteer Energy.

It is very simple. Get the right information before posting. people are here looking for help and the correct answers. How about making a positive difference by giving accurate information.

If you want to know more, request it at the Contact us link from www.LowerBillsWithUs.com I will be happy to keep you informed about the Natural Gas Choice Program in the future.
Jeff

Jackson, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2011

Judged:

Arctic49519 wrote:
I would be skeptical of ANY "business" that solicits exclusively through telemarketing.
I would also not trust any positive rating by the BBB. Those reports can be manipulated. A good example is the recent church chair scam where the BBB had given the scammers a positive rating.
Here is a recent report:
Volunteer Energy does very little Soliciting via Telemarketing. Most of the contact is face to face with a Local Representative.
VE is a Very Good company.

Thanks for your concern.
Extremely Skeptical

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2011

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Volunteer Energy does very little Soliciting via Telemarketing. Most of the contact is face to face with a Local Representative.
VE is a Very Good company.
Thanks for your concern.
Oh really? Is that why they have called me over the phone half a dozen times already? Is that why they told me they are calling areas all over Michigan to offer the savings? Where is MY face to face contact??
irishex

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2012

I just had the creepy Volunteer Energy call, too. I asked how to call them back, and they said they can only call me. I told them how suspicious their call sounded, and the rep and her supervisor were both very defensive. They said they needed my meter number and my account number to verify my identity. They told me to call the Utilities Commission to verify this is legit. I was also called, "hun" a couple of times and told they are doing this just to help give people a few bucks back. All of this seemed odd to me.
Pat

Fort Wayne, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2012

http://www.volunteerenergy.com/

I am checking into this myself. Reading through this has been interesting. My experience was a very professional representative, I looked into the web site and found the one above that will even calculate your savings, I like that there is no "contract" and that you can opt out at any time. Every company has there issues but I like what I have seen so far. And when I call with questions, somebody actually answers the phone. These are all pluses for me.
Mike

Kirkland, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2012

Judged:

everything is on their website at volunteerenergy . com. the rep probably did not want you to go to the website because he is an independent contractor who makes a commission... and once you were on the website you would probably just sign up there.. he would make no money.... that's how being a sales person works.

they are totally legit. they have three pricing plans, variable, fixed rate and flat 5% savings. i have consumers energy and their price is typically about 15% lower than consumers. i still only get 1 bill from consumers and instead of the gas recovery charge from consumers it lists it as volunteers. current flat rate price is $5.29 per Mfc, consumers was $6.2363 per Mfc. It amazes me that instead of doing a google search and a little research how many dolts will just get only and openly display their ignorance. Wake up people. Consumers Energy didn't "do the work" as someone above said because they are good hardworking people... you paid them to do it, they used your public land, your public right aways etc.... and got paid handsomely for it. They will still charge you their customer, distribution and energy fees because they are the sole distributor.... you are just purchasing the gas from someone else.
Joe

East Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2012

Mike, best comment so far. I was approached by VE today at my retail store and almost signed on with them. I did a quick google search found a few complaints and said I wanted to do my homework on them before I signed up. They stormed out of my shop in front of my customers and made a fool of themselves. They kept saying that it was too bad I wouldn't go with them and sorry that they wasted my time. I only said I needed some time to research it and do some due diligence. What's wrong with that.

My customers were amazed at their reaction and now Volunteer Energy left a bad taste in my mouth. After reading many complaints and some positive reviews, which seem to be coming from the brokers themselves, I will study up on all options available before I make my decision.
true blue too

Grand Haven, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2012

Sandy - You need to get the facts straight. Volunteer Energy only deals on the supply side of natural gas and nothing to do with the customer charge. VE is very clear that they can lower the cost for the supply of natural gas. Savings typically average 10%(3-25%. If they can't save you money, they don't offer (do not operate in the SEMCO utility area).
Sandy wrote:
<quoted text>If you are wise, don't fall for it. They tell you they will reduce your gas bill, BUT what they don't tell you is DTE will still charge the customer charge so you will actually be paying twice...DTE's charge will be on Volunteer's bill and Volunteer will charge you as well. And the rates won't be that much different from DTE by the time all the added "fees" are included.
true blue too

Grand Haven, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2012

Anybody can call on a phone and say they represent Volunteer Energy. In fact, it is fairly typical. VE prefers to do business face-to-face with a hand shake and look you in the eye. I rarely do much over the phone, except to schedule a meeting, or discuss a topic with someone I know well. Telemarketing is obscene, as is spam through e-mail.
Extremely Skeptical wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really? Is that why they have called me over the phone half a dozen times already? Is that why they told me they are calling areas all over Michigan to offer the savings? Where is MY face to face contact??
Volunteer energy rep

Trenton, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

I am a representative from volunteer energy, it is not a scam and yes we DO guarantee savings we work side by side with DTE Energy , they own the pipes that the gas is delivered from, however we are the supplier of natural gas, DTE actually even got in trouble and is a known monopoly, since we ARE the wholesale for the natural gas . Yes it is cheaper, DTE charges .472 where here at volunteer we charge .464 so no it is not a scam
Volunteer energy rep

Trenton, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Its a scam wrote:
All of the energy marketing schemes should be avoided.
Volunteer won't disclose their rates (which varies monthly), and most of the time it is above what you would pay with your normal regulated rate.
Volunteer Energy will not guarantee that you will save money because you won't.
You're not going to come out ahead by switching to Volunteer.
our rate currently is .467 gas recovery charge as opposed to DTEs .474 not a scam jackass
Fred

Caledonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Volunteer energy rep wrote:
<quoted text> our rate currently is .467 gas recovery charge as opposed to DTEs .474 not a scam jackass
Wow, real professional, calling people "jackasses" because they don't like your business. Good luck getting customers while name-calling.
Ash

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Arctic49519 wrote:
Here is a recent report:
Volunteer Energy does not solicit exclusively through telemarketing. Please do your research
Volunteer EnergybCustomer

Muskegon, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Its a scam wrote:
All of the energy marketing schemes should be avoided.
Volunteer won't disclose their rates (which varies monthly), and most of the time it is above what you would pay with your normal regulated rate.
Volunteer Energy will not guarantee that you will save money because you won't.
You're not going to come out ahead by switching to Volunteer.
You my friend , have no ideal what you are talking about.
Volunteer Energy is a great company and has always treated me with integrity.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of53
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••