Ken Kolker Reporter

He started his work as a correspondent at The Grand Rapids Press in 1979 before moving to The Saginaw News in 1982. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jane

Comstock Park, MI

#21 Mar 7, 2009
Jacob McCandles wrote:
Congratulations on snagging Mr. Kolker. Why the Press let him slip away is beyond me. Perhaps he and Henry Erb can team up and bring to Grand Rapids a new era of investigative reporting -- something a little deeper than front page news about Jessica Simpson having a bad night at a DeVos Place concert. Good luck, Mr. Kolker!
Jacob McCandles?

Ever been to Alaska?
qwertyuiop

Holland, MI

#22 Mar 9, 2009
Just_My_Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
His first time on TV? I have seen him half a dozen times on air and heard his voice, many times before he was on air. Time will tell. Look at Leon Hendrix, he's been on air there for a year and still stinks. When an on air personality is infront of the camera, they do the best they can, simply their best isn't so great.

Yeah it was his first time being shown on TV when GRR was talking about his tie being messed up
4ensic1chick

Grand Rapids, MI

#23 Mar 9, 2009
One word describes Ken Kolker, and that would be "traitor". He also has no concept of what real "investigative reporters" really do.
grroar

United States

#24 Mar 9, 2009
A traitor? Not sure it's such a good thing to stay aboard a sinking ship, if that's what you mean.

But from reading his bio and all the journalism awards, I would say he must know something about what a "real" investigative reporter does. If he doesn't, maybe you could clue him in? Yeah, please let us know what they do.
4ensic1chick

Horton, MI

#25 Mar 9, 2009
To grroar,

It's traitor with a capital "T". And it's not about a sinking ship, either.

Why don't you clue Ken in on what "real" investigative reporters do?
abc123

United States

#26 Mar 10, 2009
to 4ensic1chick
If you think he is a traitor you are only saying that becuz ur mad that he isnt working with U at the press or ur jealous that he got that job and you didnt
Random

United States

#27 Mar 10, 2009
I just googled Ken Kolker and noticed that the first thing to come up is www.kolkerphotography.com so i clicked on it and noticed that it was this guy

he does some really nice work
4ensic1chick

Grand Rapids, MI

#28 Mar 11, 2009
To abc123,

Until you have all the facts, you really aren't in a position to comment about my statements regarding this matter.
abc1234

Grand Rapids, MI

#29 Mar 11, 2009
4ensic1chick wrote:
To abc123,
Until you have all the facts, you really aren't in a position to comment about my statements regarding this matter.
Wow, maybe he's a Russian spy. Or a double agent. What a traitor. Get a life, 4ensic1chick. Oh, wait, writing anonymous letters filled with innuendo is your life.
4ensic1chick hater

Grand Rapids, MI

#30 Mar 11, 2009
WOW u seem very BIG headed in that "position" that you're in and all that u know regarding this matter
abc1234

Grand Rapids, MI

#31 Mar 11, 2009
OK. I'll bite. What are all those "traitor" facts?
The news

Grand Rapids, MI

#32 Mar 11, 2009
Hey "Forensic One Chick" i have a question for you
How do you know so much about this matter about Ken Kolker? My guess is that you used to work at the press and you think he is a traitor because he went to the biggest competition. So unless you work at the press or you used to work at the press i don't think you have any right to say any of the things you are saying.
123456789aaa

Grand Rapids, MI

#33 Mar 11, 2009
He is the best reporter at Wood TV 8 in my opinion
DewDog

East Lansing, MI

#34 Mar 23, 2010
4ensic1chick wrote:
To abc123,
Until you know anything more about him than I do, you also have no right to comment.
Anonymous

Brandon, FL

#35 Mar 29, 2013
So what do you think now, after he's won several Michigan Emmys? Did you know he was miserable throughout this time cuz he was going through cancer? You all are so shallow. This still makes me mad reading this four years later.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jesus Steals Christmas Back From Satan 56 min Who 6
Al Sharpton's Marchers in New York City Chant "... 1 hr same old stuff 11
pope-a-dope 5 hr Really 3
welcome to the new black america 5 hr Really 6
Experience a historical Christmas in downtown G... 14 hr DrX 71
Review: Kitten Flower Boutique 19 hr Brit 1
AAD Annie Fri bobolinq 1
Grand Rapids Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web