Greed Rapids

Brighton, MI

#146 Aug 22, 2013
Funny, Grand Rapids has appeared on CNBC's hit show "American Greed" more than any city in the US! What does this say about the majority Caucasian population, which as statistics indicate is Dutch CRC/RCA? Seems like this city was built on ponzi schemes and multilevel marketing Dutch church goer con men. Never seen so many tall ugly people as I've seen in West Michigan.

1 Barton Watson
2 Dr. Stokes
3 Michael Vorce
Sharon

Caledonia, MI

#147 Aug 22, 2013
Rainbow Jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know why Jesus doesn't eat M&M's? Because they fall through the holes in his hands.
The ignorant people are the ones who are stupid enough to believe stories scribbled by some desert dwellers a couple thousand years ago. Most people used to believe the earth was flat. That is where the Christian suckers are still at, living in the dark ages.
There are no atheists who are stupid enough to believe in talking animals like Christians do.
The gays are a bunch of disgusting pedophiles. We don't need them imposing their sick, filthy religion of disease and perversion on our society. Go back to where you came from.
Really

Wyoming, MI

#148 Aug 23, 2013
Greed Rapids wrote:
Funny, Grand Rapids has appeared on CNBC's hit show "American Greed" more than any city in the US! What does this say about the majority Caucasian population, which as statistics indicate is Dutch CRC/RCA? Seems like this city was built on ponzi schemes and multilevel marketing Dutch church goer con men. Never seen so many tall ugly people as I've seen in West Michigan.
1 Barton Watson
2 Dr. Stokes
3 Michael Vorce
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so I was told a long time ago. IF that is true, then you must be one ugly person since your post indicates bigotry against those who are not like you.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Farmington, MI

#149 Aug 23, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so I was told a long time ago. IF that is true, then you must be one ugly person since your post indicates bigotry against those who are not like you.
Kinda reminds me that the Progressives are doing Christians what the Islamists are doing to Christians in Egypt.....
banner scanner

Caledonia, MI

#150 Aug 24, 2013
Haters can finally stop bashing the Christian Reformers as they are one in the same with the progressive ideology.
The CRC church elite has bought the liberal lies... hook...line and sinker. And of course, the conservatives are missing the courage chip. So be patient CRC haters... as the end of the CRC church is coming.
Aunt Sissy

Grand Rapids, MI

#151 Aug 24, 2013
Breeding with their own kin. That has a huge impact on intelligence.
Burgle Didle Dum

Byron Center, MI

#152 Aug 24, 2013
I am CRC and I want to plant some tulips. I would also like to plant Obi. Does that make me evil? CRC that's for me! Sing it with me people;;;;;;;

**********CRC THAT'S FOR ME!*********
GreedRapids

Brighton, MI

#153 Aug 24, 2013
That would be a good bumper sticker!

“Where I came from”

Since: Jan 09

the universe

#154 Aug 24, 2013
When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.
Sinclair Lewis
GreedRapids

Brighton, MI

#155 Aug 27, 2013
Anyone ever notice how the entire judicial system in Ottawa Co. consist of all judges who share same Dutch ethnicity (northern Netherlands), all practice basically same religion (CRC & RCA)?

Where else in the USA is a judicial system controlled by one ethnicity and one religion?

What other religions consist of mostly one ethnicity?

Physically speaking, Ottawa Co. even looks like the northern Netherlands. I see a lot of overly tall toe-heads with white eyebrows, who dress in clothes one-step above Amish, and always quick to invite you to their "church"

Look at the resident's last names, the police officer's last names, the judge's last names, and the lawyer's last names, because the names either begin with a "Van" or "De" and end with a "ma" or a "stra".

And be careful not to get into trouble with the law there, because you will probably end up with Dutch judge, Dutch Lawyers, and Dutch jurors who all belong to same religion.

Does this really feel like the USA?
Weirdozone

Grand Rapids, MI

#156 Aug 27, 2013
GreedRapids wrote:
Anyone ever notice how the entire judicial system in Ottawa Co. consist of all judges who share same Dutch ethnicity (northern Netherlands), all practice basically same religion (CRC & RCA)?
Where else in the USA is a judicial system controlled by one ethnicity and one religion?
Physically speaking, Ottawa Co. even looks like the northern Netherlands. I see a lot of overly tall toe-heads with white eyebrows, who dress in clothes one-step above Amish, and always quick to invite you to their "church"
Look at the resident's last names, the police officer's last names, the judge's last names, and the lawyer's last names, because the names either begin with a "Van" or "De" and end with a "ma" or a "stra".
And be careful not to get into trouble with the law there, because you will probably end up with Dutch judge, Dutch Lawyers, and Dutch jurors who all belong to same religion.
It's like a cult, there's no doubt about it. A bunch of busy bodies thinking they have it all figured out. With their Chevy Tahoes covered with christian school bumper stickers and their unpleasant, poorly behaved children. Nowhere else in the country is banality and prosaicness practiced to such a high degree (not to mention considered an achievement). There are pockets of this country that are dominated by certain ethnic populations, that in and of itself isn't necessarily a bad thing. The problem with the dutch reformed is that they're incredibly boring, and uninteresting people. On top of that they are rude and unwelcoming, probably because they think they are better than the non-dutch CRC'ers. Go to any store or gas station in Holland, Zeeland, Hudsonville, Grandville or Jenison and watch how many times the 18 year old, sunken-eyed, flat foreheaded blonde haired girl behind the counter says "thank you" or seems appreciative, in any way, that you have decided to spend your money there so she can get paid so she can go buy another 3 1/2 minutes at the mall. Then leave and feel lucky she decided to wait on you at all. The dutch CRC'ers have raised a bunch of entitled, selfish, nasty, anti-social clones. Their names all sound the same, they all look the same, are all socially awkward and enjoy the blanket of security and familiarity that their idiot parents have provided for them. I have worked in retail in west Michigan for 25 years and there is definitely a pattern here. I do business with these people every day. As someone who wasn't born here or has never stepped foot in a church with the word "reformed" on it I can tell you that these people have a weird sense about them. West Michigan is their little, tiny empire that they've built and boy are they proud of it. It's ok that west Michigan's population is stagnant because they don't want anyone else coming here anyway. Those ads for pure Michigan that tout Holland or west Michigan make me cringe. As a tourist from other parts of the country why would you want to come to a place that is so insular and ruled by rude, ugly, judgmental people? Who needs that? Spend your money on a place that actually wants you there, where people smile and are actually glad you've come to visit.
GreedRapids

Brighton, MI

#157 Aug 27, 2013
I worked in retail for a long time and you could always tell when one of them walked into my showroom. Little to no eye contact, timid, quiet, and seemed overly suspicious of everything I said. On the other hand, I'd get the one who had no streets smarts and believed everything I said. Sometimes I would lose deals just because we did not attend the same church or I wasn't in their Dutch circle. I also sold the same product in Detroit, Chicago and South FL and the people at least had personalities and you could sell the product for a higher dollar.

Have you ever seen the CRC Dutch hair style I like to call the "mean bird" short blonde with highlights and spiked and pointy in the back? Seems to be the hair style of choice, especially at Panera Bread on 44th and Kenowa.
Really

Wyoming, MI

#158 Aug 28, 2013
GreedRapids wrote:
I worked in retail for a long time and you could always tell when one of them walked into my showroom. Little to no eye contact, timid, quiet, and seemed overly suspicious of everything I said. On the other hand, I'd get the one who had no streets smarts and believed everything I said. Sometimes I would lose deals just because we did not attend the same church or I wasn't in their Dutch circle. I also sold the same product in Detroit, Chicago and South FL and the people at least had personalities and you could sell the product for a higher dollar.
Have you ever seen the CRC Dutch hair style I like to call the "mean bird" short blonde with highlights and spiked and pointy in the back? Seems to be the hair style of choice, especially at Panera Bread on 44th and Kenowa.
Don't like it here? Then leave. Why stay someplace you don't like? And don't like your neighbors? Please, feel free to find another neighborhood, perhaps one with people who look and act just like you. then you would be more comfortable, and everyone knows that is the only reason you are on this earth, so YOU can be comfortable and have your way all the time.
Really

Wyoming, MI

#159 Aug 28, 2013
Weirdozone wrote:
<quoted text>
It's like a cult, there's no doubt about it. A bunch of busy bodies thinking they have it all figured out. With their Chevy Tahoes covered with christian school bumper stickers and their unpleasant, poorly behaved children. Nowhere else in the country is banality and prosaicness practiced to such a high degree (not to mention considered an achievement). There are pockets of this country that are dominated by certain ethnic populations, that in and of itself isn't necessarily a bad thing. The problem with the dutch reformed is that they're incredibly boring, and uninteresting people. On top of that they are rude and unwelcoming, probably because they think they are better than the non-dutch CRC'ers. Go to any store or gas station in Holland, Zeeland, Hudsonville, Grandville or Jenison and watch how many times the 18 year old, sunken-eyed, flat foreheaded blonde haired girl behind the counter says "thank you" or seems appreciative, in any way, that you have decided to spend your money there so she can get paid so she can go buy another 3 1/2 minutes at the mall. Then leave and feel lucky she decided to wait on you at all. The dutch CRC'ers have raised a bunch of entitled, selfish, nasty, anti-social clones. Their names all sound the same, they all look the same, are all socially awkward and enjoy the blanket of security and familiarity that their idiot parents have provided for them. I have worked in retail in west Michigan for 25 years and there is definitely a pattern here. I do business with these people every day. As someone who wasn't born here or has never stepped foot in a church with the word "reformed" on it I can tell you that these people have a weird sense about them. West Michigan is their little, tiny empire that they've built and boy are they proud of it. It's ok that west Michigan's population is stagnant because they don't want anyone else coming here anyway. Those ads for pure Michigan that tout Holland or west Michigan make me cringe. As a tourist from other parts of the country why would you want to come to a place that is so insular and ruled by rude, ugly, judgmental people? Who needs that? Spend your money on a place that actually wants you there, where people smile and are actually glad you've come to visit.
Perhaps you would feel more comfortable in say New York, Chicago, LA, or Detroit? Oh wait, how about Miami? You apparently don't like others who are "different" from you. So why stay? And for that matter, why even visit? You probably don't spend much here anyway to help the economy.
free thinker

Farmington, MI

#160 Aug 28, 2013
Really wrote:
Don't like it here? Then leave. Why stay someplace you don't like?
Because they're a bunch of whiny baby bigots who have nothing better to do until school starts. Sad when you have to keep a thread going by using different monikers to make it look like more than one person actually agrees with you.
GreedRapids

Brighton, MI

#161 Aug 28, 2013
Weirdozone, it appears we made some of the "natives" upset lol
GreedRapids

Brighton, MI

#162 Aug 28, 2013
Did you know the first black slaves where brought over to the US by Dutch Reformers. Interesting fact, indeed.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Grand Rapids, MI

#163 Aug 28, 2013
GreedRapids wrote:
Did you know the first black slaves where brought over to the US by Dutch Reformers. Interesting fact, indeed.
Round up by black Africans..... cool

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#164 Aug 28, 2013
GreedRapids wrote:
It's the only way a white person will ever get a fair trial in today's Lib dominated system.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#165 Aug 28, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps you would feel more comfortable in say New York, Chicago, LA, or Detroit? Oh wait, how about Miami? You apparently don't like others who are "different" from you. So why stay? And for that matter, why even visit? You probably don't spend much here anyway to help the economy.
I'm not Dutch at all, to the best of my knowledge. I like it here. I think that most people in West Michigan are very kind, especially compared to many of the places I've travelled.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 1 hr Go Blue Forever 1,471
3 reasons Grand Rapids-area Muslims want to ope... 2 hr Just a guy 18
Experience a historical Christmas in downtown G... 6 hr Mr Wiggley 33
Commission wants Servaas off bench (Feb '08) 22 hr Servaas is a clown 232
Local News Women (Apr '09) Tue Elf 2,338
Put Tolls on Our Interstate Highways Mon Sneaky Pete 9
Former Vice President Dick Cheney Says CIA Tort... Mon Gville Jim 6
Grand Rapids Dating
Find my Match

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Rapids