Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

only1me wrote:
<quoted text>
We all fall short of the glory of God. I can't answer what you need to be forgiven for. Only you can answer that. I know quite of bit of what I need to be forgiven for, I am sure there is lot that I am guilty of that I am not even aware of. Saul/Paul stoned Christians in the name of God before he knew Christ and became aware of his sin. Your statement that it is very narrow minded to imply that the Christian way is the only way to "forgiveness" doesn't even make sense. When questioning Christianity we are talking about specifically "Christ's" forgiveness. Christianity is a word that describes those of us who know Christ and accept his gift of forgiveness and grace. And I cannot think of anything more open minded than forgiveness for "all" sins.
Well personally I have never done anything that I need to be forgiven for. Unlike the christian who needs to be forgiven for everything he has either said or done or thought, because they are all sinners, born sinners and will die sinners. Man what a way of life walking on the edge of forgiveness and sin, no thanks.
Diggs

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Shoeless Eluder wrote:
<quoted text>Well personally I have never done anything that I need to be forgiven for. Unlike the christian who needs to be forgiven for everything he has either said or done or thought, because they are all sinners, born sinners and will die sinners. Man what a way of life walking on the edge of forgiveness and sin, no thanks.
You've never done anything you need to be forgiven for? Ever??!! You must be really boring at a party :)

umm, forgive me for that.

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Really wrote:
<quoted text>My, my, my. Aren't you just busy ascribing motives to my post. I don't personally care what choices you have made nor do I think my choices are "more beneficial or rewarding" than yours. You seem to be the one suffering from the "you think you are better than me" complex, not me. As for my "all choices have consequences" comment, apparently you didn't learn that as a child? I learned it and not in the context of religion either.
You give yourself way to much credit or you are projecting...probably both. You brought up the superiority thing, why was it even on your mind? Must be you have some issue.
As far as the consequences comment, of course I learned that as a child and it was regularly applied to religion. You can try to deny the association but it won't work. We are discussing religion and your reference had a religious connotation and you know it.

“Where I came from”

Since: Jan 09

the universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Diggs wrote:
<quoted text>
You've never done anything you need to be forgiven for? Ever??!! You must be really boring at a party :)
umm, forgive me for that.
Nope I am a lot of fun. I always have fun I really don't get what you mean anyway unless going to a party is a sin. Or dancing or maybe having a few drinks or sex out of marriage etc? Or maybe its a sin to go faster than the posted speed limit, or being on a motorcycle and go into a curve posted 35 and instead crank the throttle oh that surely has to be a sin?? No I have never done anything that I need to be forgiven for in the eyes of God. Man and his knapsack full of laws and rules on the other hand make up sin as he goes along.
Sandy

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Why is it OK for a post to be titled "Why are Christian Reformed people idiots?" but it's not OK to have a post that is titled, for example, "Why are gay people idiots?"

Bunch of hypocrites.
Diggs

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Shoeless Eluder wrote:
<quoted text>Nope I am a lot of fun. I always have fun I really don't get what you mean anyway unless going to a party is a sin. Or dancing or maybe having a few drinks or sex out of marriage etc? Or maybe its a sin to go faster than the posted speed limit, or being on a motorcycle and go into a curve posted 35 and instead crank the throttle oh that surely has to be a sin?? No I have never done anything that I need to be forgiven for in the eyes of God. Man and his knapsack full of laws and rules on the other hand make up sin as he goes along.
You've never lied? Not even once? That's awesome!

I'm not really busting your chops, Shoeless. I just believe we all do things every day that God would rather we not. If you don't feel the need to ask forgiveness for those things that's your choice. I personally do. I don't obsess over it or live in fear of sinning, as you previously insinuated. I know I sin and I believe God forgives us those sins and sleep very comfortably in that knowledge. But we all have our own philosophies and beliefs. I'm not demanding anyone else ask God for forgiveness if they don't choose to, and I don't think I should be mocked for asking forgiveness.
That's all.
Diggs

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Sandy wrote:
Why is it OK for a post to be titled "Why are Christian Reformed people idiots?" but it's not OK to have a post that is titled, for example, "Why are gay people idiots?"
Bunch of hypocrites.
The same reason it's socially acceptable to put out a movie titled, "White Men Can't Jump", but it's not if it's titled, "Black Women Can't Drive". OR, it's ok for the left to ridicule, mock and degrade a conservative woman, up to and including joking about her being gang raped ( http://www.thesuperficial.com/sandra_bernhard... ), but they make up a faux GOP "War On Women" because some people don't think birth control needs to be included in an insurance plan.

Don't you know by now that it's just different when you're a liberal? lol
Really

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
You give yourself way to much credit or you are projecting...probably both. You brought up the superiority thing, why was it even on your mind? Must be you have some issue.
As far as the consequences comment, of course I learned that as a child and it was regularly applied to religion. You can try to deny the association but it won't work. We are discussing religion and your reference had a religious connotation and you know it.
I didn't learn the consequences commment through religion in case you didn't read that the first time. Wiggley, we have had these discussions for how many years now? You spend far too much time ridiculing and hating a being you don't even believe in. Have you ever tried to analyze why that is? It certainly sounds like the religion you learned at home was not the same kind I learned at home and for that I feel bad for you.

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Really wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't learn the consequences commment through religion in case you didn't read that the first time. Wiggley, we have had these discussions for how many years now? You spend far too much time ridiculing and hating a being you don't even believe in. Have you ever tried to analyze why that is? It certainly sounds like the religion you learned at home was not the same kind I learned at home and for that I feel bad for you.
I didn't say you learned the consequences comment through religion. You however used the comment as a veiled threat about the consequences of making a wrong choice about religion. Are you going to continue to deny that? Good grief.
As far as the discussions, yes we have. I don't think it's any of your business what I decide to focus on but I'm quite sure when you see something that's totally wrong you engage and become involved just as I do.
No need to feel bad about what version/sect/cult/division of christianity I was exposed to. I've learned over time they all fall under the same umbrella and they are all wrong.
Really

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say you learned the consequences comment through religion. You however used the comment as a veiled threat about the consequences of making a wrong choice about religion. Are you going to continue to deny that? Good grief.
As far as the discussions, yes we have. I don't think it's any of your business what I decide to focus on but I'm quite sure when you see something that's totally wrong you engage and become involved just as I do.
No need to feel bad about what version/sect/cult/division of christianity I was exposed to. I've learned over time they all fall under the same umbrella and they are all wrong.
Yet again, you see a veiled threat where there was none. It would be really helpful if you would stop assuming every comment is meant to be threatening. Of course, that will happen about the same time as you stop claiming that I view your comments as hatred. Thank you for giving me the credit for engaging when I see something that is totally wrong, even if it is my opinion. You, like Arctic, are entitled to your opinion. I am entitled to mine and I think yours is wrong. Looks like we have discussed to a draw, don't you think?
say no to religion

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

The christians believe that eating the flesh and drinking the blood of a jewish zombie will give them eternal life.

How sick is that?
atheism is a joke

Caledonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

say no to religion wrote:
The christians believe that eating the flesh and drinking the blood of a jewish zombie will give them eternal life.
How sick is that?
What a buffoon you are. It's a free country, and people are allowed to worship as they please. If you don't like it, you're free to leave and try to reconstitute the Soviet Union, where they outlawed religion and religious expression and collapsed under the weight of their own lies and are now relegated to the ash heap of history.
Diggs

Willowbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

atheism is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
What a buffoon you are. It's a free country, and people are allowed to worship as they please. If you don't like it, you're free to leave and try to reconstitute the Soviet Union, where they outlawed religion and religious expression and collapsed under the weight of their own lies and are now relegated to the ash heap of history.
Well said!

Arctic has recently come out from hiding and has some pent up Xtian-hating angst to unleash. We're not sure if a religious person stole his girlfriend in high school or maybe ran over his dog on the way to eat Jesus, but one thing is clear, he's disregarding the constitutional laws of the country he chooses to call home in regards to the majority of Americans who rightfully and peacefully practice religion.

In other words, he can and often does whine about religion, but as long as he lives in America and the constitution is the law of the land, he's simply entertainment.
say no to religion

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

atheism is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
This thread is about why christian reformed people are idiots, not whether or not they have the right to be idiots.
No one is trying the stop the jesus devourers from engaging in their disgusting acts of pretend cannibalism and vampirism.
No one is trying to stop them from living in fear over a story about a mud man and a rib woman getting tricked by a talking snake.
Coretta

Caledonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

say no to religion wrote:
<quoted text>
This thread is about why christian reformed people are idiots, not whether or not they have the right to be idiots.
No one is trying the stop the jesus devourers from engaging in their disgusting acts of pretend cannibalism and vampirism.
No one is trying to stop them from living in fear over a story about a mud man and a rib woman getting tricked by a talking snake.
What about the gays being idiots? Why don't you write about them and their various diseases and disgusting behavior? Or is it just more fashionable for you to spew hatred and bigotry against Christians while the gays are off limits?

If someone started a thread that said "Why are the gays idiots" you would be the first one screaming about how bigoted that allegedly is.
Rainbow Jesus

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

Coretta wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the gays being idiots? Why don't you write about them and their various diseases and disgusting behavior? Or is it just more fashionable for you to spew hatred and bigotry against Christians while the gays are off limits?
If someone started a thread that said "Why are the gays idiots" you would be the first one screaming about how bigoted that allegedly is.
Do you know why Jesus made homosexuality a sin? Because his boyfriend that it would be so hot!
Diggs

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

Rainbow Jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know why Jesus made homosexuality a sin? Because his boyfriend that it would be so hot!
Ohhh, you almost got there! A double intolerance joke gone bad because you're too stupid to put together a legible sentence.

Try again, Rainbow English Fail.

Watch out though ... You atheists keep this hate stuff up and you'll have to slap together another billboard convincing yourselves you're such nice people. I'm not sure the last one worked very well. Try holding hands or cuddling a puppy this time. Maybe a picture of St. Bigot standing by the side of the highway with a feather in his hair, holding a Jesus Fish and a tear in his eye.

Maybe you can stand on a mountain all holding hands and swaying back and forth whilst singing the vintage Coca Cola song, albeit with some lyric changes to reflect your wonderful atheist message:

"I'd like to burn a church today, and dance and sing with glee
Teach my kids to hate like me, how perfect that would be ... smoke-a-doobie ..."
Rainbow Jesus

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

Judged:

Diggs wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohhh, you almost got there! A double intolerance joke gone bad because you're too stupid to put together a legible sentence.
Try again, Rainbow English Fail.
Watch out though ... You atheists keep this hate stuff up and you'll have to slap together another billboard convincing yourselves you're such nice people. I'm not sure the last one worked very well. Try holding hands or cuddling a puppy this time. Maybe a picture of St. Bigot standing by the side of the highway with a feather in his hair, holding a Jesus Fish and a tear in his eye.
Maybe you can stand on a mountain all holding hands and swaying back and forth whilst singing the vintage Coca Cola song, albeit with some lyric changes to reflect your wonderful atheist message:
"I'd like to burn a church today, and dance and sing with glee
Teach my kids to hate like me, how perfect that would be ... smoke-a-doobie ..."
Do you know why Jesus made homosexuality a sin? Because his boyfriend thought it would be so hot!

Jesus walks into a motel, throws 3 nails on the counter and asks "Can you put me up for the night?"

Who cares what you suckers think. You are stuck in the dark ages, willingly being conned by false promises and false fears because some ragheads made up a story about a god two thousand years ago.
Diggs

Willowbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

Judged:

Rainbow Jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know why Jesus made homosexuality a sin? Because his boyfriend thought it would be so hot!
Jesus walks into a motel, throws 3 nails on the counter and asks "Can you put me up for the night?"
Who cares what you suckers think. You are stuck in the dark ages, willingly being conned by false promises and false fears because some ragheads made up a story about a god two thousand years ago.
LOL ... Well, first off you God-haters obviously care what we think, because you spend your lives trying desperately to put our beliefs down, as evidenced by your ill-concieved posts. If you didn't care you wouldn't bother.

Ragheads? Gay bashing? Religious intolerance? The real question is, who cares what some homophobic, racist, religion-bigot thinks?

It's worth a little time to smack you around with your own ignorant views for awhile to further demonstrate where the intolerance and ignorance rest, but aside from that, you're easily tuned out. Not so easy to tune out is the evidence of the vast majority of Americans' faith in God. It's no wonder atheists are so fixated on hating religion. God is everywhere :)
Rainbow Jesus

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

Judged:

Diggs wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL ... Well, first off you God-haters obviously care what we think, because you spend your lives trying desperately to put our beliefs down, as evidenced by your ill-concieved posts. If you didn't care you wouldn't bother.
Ragheads? Gay bashing? Religious intolerance? The real question is, who cares what some homophobic, racist, religion-bigot thinks?
It's worth a little time to smack you around with your own ignorant views for awhile to further demonstrate where the intolerance and ignorance rest, but aside from that, you're easily tuned out. Not so easy to tune out is the evidence of the vast majority of Americans' faith in God. It's no wonder atheists are so fixated on hating religion. God is everywhere :)
Do you know why Jesus doesn't eat M&M's? Because they fall through the holes in his hands.

The ignorant people are the ones who are stupid enough to believe stories scribbled by some desert dwellers a couple thousand years ago. Most people used to believe the earth was flat. That is where the Christian suckers are still at, living in the dark ages.
There are no atheists who are stupid enough to believe in talking animals like Christians do.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Grand Rapids Forum right now

Search the Grand Rapids Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
4 held nude in Saginaw jail seek damages on det... (Mar '08) 6 hr My Son My Son 38
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 7 hr Matt from Columbus 1,273
Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery 7 hr FIan 749
Why Do Men and Women Like To Be Called Mommy or... (Nov '08) Sat hehe 88
Why does French Onion soup give me such foul sm... (Mar '09) Sat Barbie 47
Does Anyone miss Rval? (Nov '12) Sat rval is a fool 48
So what's the inside story on Lamar Construction? Sat Disaster 7
•••
•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000