Why are Christian Reformed people idiots?

Posted in the Grand Rapids Forum

Comments (Page 5)

Showing posts 81 - 100 of174
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Really

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
The thread is not about islam/muslims. Start one and we'll discuss it. I can disagree with any religion equally.
I am not trying to convert anyone. Unlike different religions that have left numerous tracts in my door or even knocked on my door. I have no missionaries anywhere either. Those are examples of attempting to convert someone.
I left christianity because I began to ask questions, hard questions that prompted similar unreasonable and illogical responses like your's. There was (and apparently still is) no room for discussion and the fact that I even dared to ask was and still is taken as hatred and unreasonable people like you began labeling me as an atheist.
Your attitude and obvious grandstanding against me and my questions reminds me I made the right choice.
"Unreasonable and illogical responses like yours." Thanks for making my point about the name calling. As for the hatred comment, please post where I said you hated anyone. As for unreasonable, odd how I am unreasonable for commenting on your constant ridicule and slamming of Christianity, but the mere fact that I question your stance is considered unreasonable? Hypocrite much?
Really

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

say no to religion wrote:
<quoted text>
This is one of the biggest insults by christianity, to promote the myth that humans need to be "saved" because a mud man and a rib woman were tricked by a talking snake.
It is degrading and an embarrassment to humanity.
Odd how the only members of humanity that ever have called it "degrading and an embarrassment" are the atheists such as yourself. Rather thin skinned of you to disapprove of others beliefs, don't you think?

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Really wrote:
<quoted text>"Unreasonable and illogical responses like yours." Thanks for making my point about the name calling. As for the hatred comment, please post where I said you hated anyone. As for unreasonable, odd how I am unreasonable for commenting on your constant ridicule and slamming of Christianity, but the mere fact that I question your stance is considered unreasonable? Hypocrite much?
Odd you would complain of name calling when in your prior post you called me an atheist and falsely accused me of trying to convert others to atheism. I guess I'll answer a question with a question...Hypocrite much?
I certainly do question your motives as your opening comment was nothing more than an attempt to discredit and humiliate.
You are continuing my past experience into the present by avoiding discussion of my questions by deflecting to other topics therefore believing you have won the debate.
Carry on...
Really

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Odd you would complain of name calling when in your prior post you called me an atheist and falsely accused me of trying to convert others to atheism. I guess I'll answer a question with a question...Hypocrite much?
I certainly do question your motives as your opening comment was nothing more than an attempt to discredit and humiliate.
You are continuing my past experience into the present by avoiding discussion of my questions by deflecting to other topics therefore believing you have won the debate.
Carry on...
You are very thin skinned. Why does the term "atheist" offend you? Are you an agnostic instead? Do you even know the difference Wiggley? Why on earth does everything I say to you appear to be an "accusation" to you? Are you one of those people who can't stand for something so you'll fall for anything? First you accuse me of hating you and now you accuse me of trying to discredit and humiliate you. Apparently you are uncomfortable discussing religion in any context. Perhaps you should stop ridiculing those of us who believe in a higher power if you are uncomfortable with us answering you?

“Where I came from”

Since: Jan 09

the universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds nice and peachy except not everyone can "accept that gift" on the terms christianity requires. The "gift" you offer comes at a price.
It is very narrow minded to imply that the christian way is the only way to "forgiveness".
One last thing...what is it one needs to be "forgiven" for?
Gee Wiggley don't you know "original sin" are you clueless? Sorry just kidding you. I have always wondered the same thing. My personal thought on the whole forgiveness thing is we judge ourselves there is no other judge but you. I guess you can forgive yourself for doing something stupid or inconsiderate I have done that. But you know what they say "we are all born sinners" and we can only be saved through Jesus. When I think the real message there was save yourself there ain't know one else going to do it for you. But then the question comes up "saved from what"? Hell? Death? etc. I have given up on religion.

On a side note I met someone a few months ago she took me to someones home about twenty people all rabid born again, you should have seen the look on there faces when I told them the last woman I dated was Jewish, and how we went to a passover seder dinner I thought they were going to puke. They really didn't know anything about it.
Funny Bunny

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Diggs wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical liberal - You got 100% everything wrong. I don't own a bar, I'm Irish, and I go to church on Saturday.
LOL. It just doesn't get any more poignant than that!
I apologize. Your name is suspiciously similar to another pollster who would quit, come back, and then quit again. Your writings are eerily familiar as well, his wife owned a bar/restaurant down town.
Diggs

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Funny Bunny wrote:
<quoted text>I apologize. Your name is suspiciously similar to another pollster who would quit, come back, and then quit again. Your writings are eerily familiar as well, his wife owned a bar/restaurant down town.
Therein lies your fault. I don't own a bar, someone else does. I'm not even Christian Reformed. So not only are you butting your not so funny bunny nose in someone's business who has nothing to do with this site, but you don't even have a reason to bring me into this thread at all.

No go bite someone else's ankle for awhile RVAL
Funny Bunny

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Diggs wrote:
<quoted text>
Therein lies your fault. I don't own a bar, someone else does. I'm not even Christian Reformed. So not only are you butting your not so funny bunny nose in someone's business who has nothing to do with this site, but you don't even have a reason to bring me into this thread at all.
Back at ya, not RVAL.

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Really wrote:
<quoted text>You are very thin skinned. Why does the term "atheist" offend you? Are you an agnostic instead? Do you even know the difference Wiggley? Why on earth does everything I say to you appear to be an "accusation" to you? Are you one of those people who can't stand for something so you'll fall for anything? First you accuse me of hating you and now you accuse me of trying to discredit and humiliate you. Apparently you are uncomfortable discussing religion in any context. Perhaps you should stop ridiculing those of us who believe in a higher power if you are uncomfortable with us answering you?
How could I possibly show any discomfort? You have not addressed any of my questions. You continue to deflect and project. Nice try but it ain't workin'.
Carry on...

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Shoeless Eluder wrote:
<quoted text>Gee Wiggley don't you know "original sin" are you clueless? Sorry just kidding you. I have always wondered the same thing. My personal thought on the whole forgiveness thing is we judge ourselves there is no other judge but you. I guess you can forgive yourself for doing something stupid or inconsiderate I have done that. But you know what they say "we are all born sinners" and we can only be saved through Jesus. When I think the real message there was save yourself there ain't know one else going to do it for you. But then the question comes up "saved from what"? Hell? Death? etc. I have given up on religion.
On a side note I met someone a few months ago she took me to someones home about twenty people all rabid born again, you should have seen the look on there faces when I told them the last woman I dated was Jewish, and how we went to a passover seder dinner I thought they were going to puke. They really didn't know anything about it.
Christianity creates victims. It teaches children that they were born flawed, reinforces that teaching to ensure that the victim can not easily leave and then claims to have an invisible cure that it never has to produce.
Really

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity creates victims. It teaches children that they were born flawed, reinforces that teaching to ensure that the victim can not easily leave and then claims to have an invisible cure that it never has to produce.
Wow!And invisible cure and it creates victims?? Well, I guess it's a really good thing you got out then. Being a victim is never a good thing. Too bad you viewed your life back then as being a victim. You are aware, are you not, that there is help for those thoughts? I suggest you seek help.

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Stupid Jesus wrote:
I ask you. They hate everyone but themselves and they are probably Nazis is disguise.
With all due respect, isnt this thread that you've started just an extension of your hatred towards them?
Would'nt that also make you a "Nazis is disguise"???
Maybey after you learn how to spell, and punctuate, you might also want to learn something about tolerance.
Sassy

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

That other person that owns the bar would be your wife. You have complained about the business model since the no smoking law came into effect. You used to talk about how your wife's business was hurt when the no smoking ban took effect. Just saying.
Diggs wrote:
<quoted text>
Sassy

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Now to get back on subject. I really don't like the Christian Reform religion practices. I am not saying that all Christian's are bad by any means. I personally have had some very bad experience's with people of that faith, including my own family. Mostly I find them to be very much a hypocryte. They would go to church twice on Sunday, but Monday morning they would screw whomever they could in the business world. Many do not follow the golden rule. Many in our community I would consider elitist from that faith. Just my opionion of course.

On the other hand, one of my best friends is Christian Reformed. She is one of the sweetest ladies you could find, and really tries to practice her faith without pushing it upon anyone.

“Where I came from”

Since: Jan 09

the universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Really wrote:
<quoted text>Wow!And invisible cure and it creates victims?? Well, I guess it's a really good thing you got out then. Being a victim is never a good thing. Too bad you viewed your life back then as being a victim. You are aware, are you not, that there is help for those thoughts? I suggest you seek help.
I happen to agree with Wiggley. Christianity is a fear based religion which teaches that we should be in fear of God. And then they turn around and say he is our father, why should I fear a father that supposedly loves me? It really makes no sense. I am amazed though that when I meet someone who is so caught up in their religion that they close out any other perspectives. And yes I have been treated like a victim because I just don't believe in the christian faith and been told I am a fool and clueless.
Really

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Shoeless Eluder wrote:
<quoted text>I happen to agree with Wiggley. Christianity is a fear based religion which teaches that we should be in fear of God. And then they turn around and say he is our father, why should I fear a father that supposedly loves me? It really makes no sense. I am amazed though that when I meet someone who is so caught up in their religion that they close out any other perspectives. And yes I have been treated like a victim because I just don't believe in the christian faith and been told I am a fool and clueless.
That is a blanket generalization, Shoeless. There are denominations within the Christian community that are fear based, and yes, even some of the CRC and RCA are fear based. However, not all are by any stretch of the imagination. And I don't know about you, but there were certainly times when I feared my Dad.
say no to religion

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Really wrote:
<quoted text>That is a blanket generalization, Shoeless. There are denominations within the Christian community that are fear based, and yes, even some of the CRC and RCA are fear based. However, not all are by any stretch of the imagination. And I don't know about you, but there were certainly times when I feared my Dad.
It is a blanket generalization, and it is correct.

Christian mythology tells people to either believe the mythology or they will eternally burn in heII.

Fear and ignorance are the foundations of christianity.

Christianity is a lie that cannot stand on it's own merit, therefore it cannot exist without fear and ignorance.
Really

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
It is a blanket generalization, and it is correct.
Christian mythology tells people to either believe the mythology or they will eternally burn in heII.
Fear and ignorance are the foundations of christianity.
Christianity is a lie that cannot stand on it's own merit, therefore it cannot exist without fear and ignorance.
Arctic, you should really preface your remarks with "IMO" - In my opinion, which is all you are giving is your opinion. You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not nor will you ever be the final say in the discussion. The sooner you realize that others are entitled to their opinions as well, the happier you will be. Of course, you probably don't want to be happy and that is your right as well.
only1me

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds nice and peachy except not everyone can "accept that gift" on the terms christianity requires. The "gift" you offer comes at a price.
It is very narrow minded to imply that the christian way is the only way to "forgiveness".
One last thing...what is it one needs to be "forgiven" for?
We all fall short of the glory of God. I can't answer what you need to be forgiven for. Only you can answer that. I know quite of bit of what I need to be forgiven for, I am sure there is lot that I am guilty of that I am not even aware of. Saul/Paul stoned Christians in the name of God before he knew Christ and became aware of his sin. Your statement that it is very narrow minded to imply that the Christian way is the only way to "forgiveness" doesn't even make sense. When questioning Christianity we are talking about specifically "Christ's" forgiveness. Christianity is a word that describes those of us who know Christ and accept his gift of forgiveness and grace. And I cannot think of anything more open minded than forgiveness for "all" sins.

Since: Nov 11

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

<quoted text>
Your myth book was written by primitive men who held the primitive superstitions and primitive ideas of that time.
Anyone who understands your myth book knows what it is, a book of myths. Not even good myths. Myths that are both boring and laughable.
Anyone who thinks the buy-bull is not fiction is someone who does not understand it.
Then I guess you think it it's not fiction, because you clearly do NOT understand it, and it appears you don't really want to understand it as you seem to have two blind eyes to what anyone is saying on here unless it happens to be something you agree with.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 100 of174
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

25 Users are viewing the Grand Rapids Forum right now

Search the Grand Rapids Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery 2 hr pipedream 691
Local News Women (Apr '09) 6 hr Ben 2,291
Review: A-1 Appliance Repair (Jan '10) 6 hr Cooking Herb 20
The Russian need a bullet in his head 8 hr Oneal 4
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) 9 hr gottondas 5,482
More Lois Lerner Email Shenanigans 11 hr Oneal 1
July 20 1969 History 22 hr Go Blue Forever 9
•••
•••