Batch 37 Pain Is Good

United States

#41 May 11, 2011
louis wrote:
<quoted text>
They set the tone and pull the strings. This is their town just like the freaky Mormons have the Salt Lake area. Every building in downtown GR has a Dutch name on the front of it. Regardless of what percentage they make up they suck the life out of this area. No wonder the city of GR loses more and more of it's population every census, regardless of how much money is spent by the Van Andels and DeVoses to spruce up downtown and forcefeed people "cultural events" like ArtPrize. GR is a deadass boring town on the decline with no prospects of ever being vibrant again. Empty condos and apartment buildings, empty storefronts and taverns. It looks good in Amway brochures but it's all a front, like a Hollywood set. Fabricated Jesus Land with little plastic people wandering around with blank stares on their faces. And these people have the audacity to think they're better than everyone else? Pathetic.
Sounds like someone doesn't make enough to pay income taxes so they can't afford to take advantage of the local scene and leave tips at the local foodee sites. Go back to school and get a degree that means something for the new economy your Obama master is steering us into........ Try working for a Multinational and you will have more job security..... That way you can afford good eats in the area......
say what

Grand Rapids, MI

#42 May 11, 2011
Cyclops Rex wrote:
Ummm, because they're christians?
Or worse, christians who could not even get THAT right the first time?
Okay...now I'm curious. Exactly which group of Christians do you think DID 'get it right'...the first time, no less?
say no to religion

Rockford, MI

#43 May 11, 2011
say what wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay...now I'm curious. Exactly which group of Christians do you think DID 'get it right'...the first time, no less?
None of them.
It's a phony religion remodeled on old pagan lore and a mythical character called Jesus who never existed.

“Where I came from”

Since: Jan 09

the universe

#44 May 11, 2011
say no to religion wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a demonstrable fact that as intelligence increases, the belief in religion and gawd decreases.
http://www.humanreligions.info/intelligence.h...
This shouldn't come as any surprise as to the intelligence level of fundamental christians. It's not like we needed a bunch of studies to see it.
Look on the bright side. Between intelligence levels and violence, chistians have more in common with muslims than anyone else (although it will take a very long time for muslims to ever catch up to the bloodshed committed by christians.)
The more I question the existence of god the more I know that there is something more to life than just this earthly existence. I am not any religion I have never been to a church to worship anything and not being exposed to these things has made it easy for me to explore from a different point of view and able to think clear about the subject. There is a god its in the human soul and spirit its not out there somewhere in space or in some other dimension its right inside of everyone there are just some who refuse to believe it.

“Where I came from”

the universe

#45 May 11, 2011
<quoted text>
It is a demonstrable fact that as intelligence increases, the belief in religion and gawd decreases.
http://www.humanreligions.info/intelligence.h...
This shouldn't come as any surprise as to the intelligence level of fundamental christians. It's not like we needed a bunch of studies to see it.
Look on the bright side. Between intelligence levels and violence, chistians have more in common with muslims than anyone else (although it will take a very long time for muslims to ever catch up to the bloodshed committed by christians.)
All of these high minded scientists all these degrees all these smart people. Looks to me like all this education does it make them arrogant, narcissistic, know it all boorish snobs.
louis

Grand Rapids, MI

#46 May 11, 2011
Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like someone doesn't make enough to pay income taxes so they can't afford to take advantage of the local scene and leave tips at the local foodee sites. Go back to school and get a degree that means something for the new economy your Obama master is steering us into........ Try working for a Multinational and you will have more job security..... That way you can afford good eats in the area......
What does anything I've said have to do with Obama? I can't stand Obama and he certainly isn't my master. I have a wonderful education, make good money and I don't live the area, I moved away a long time ago.
louis

Grand Rapids, MI

#47 May 11, 2011
say what wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish you well with your anger, stereotype and envy issues.
Thank you. I wish you well living amongst the stupid robots.

“Pleasantly Deranged”

Since: Apr 08

West Michigan

#48 May 11, 2011
This is just crazy nonsense..,..is it not?
Sassy

Flushing, MI

#49 May 11, 2011
No you are passing judgement on a group of people, just as some here are now on the CRC. No different too bad you are too ignorant to see that. The CRC can be just as damaging to people as the Muslims can. If you can't see that you are very closed minded. It boils down to passing judgement on a group vs individuals. Yet you are too ignorant to notice that. There are just as many good Muslims as CRC's, yet you pass your judgement on the few, but since CRC is so called Christian you can't see the difference. Open your freaking mind for once.
say what wrote:
<quoted text>
Sassy, Sassy....to state a demonstrable fact about a group is not a stereotype. It is a fact that more violent acts are committed in the name of Islam (suicide bombings, for example) or as the result of the teachings of Islam (violence against girls and women, for example) at this time in history than by those of any other.
OTOH, to state that CRC members as a whole are 'idiots' is not a demonstrable fact, but a derogatory stereotype based on one person's opinion.
louis

Grand Rapids, MI

#50 May 11, 2011
say what wrote:
<quoted text>
Sassy, Sassy....to state a demonstrable fact about a group is not a stereotype. It is a fact that more violent acts are committed in the name of Islam (suicide bombings, for example) or as the result of the teachings of Islam (violence against girls and women, for example) at this time in history than by those of any other.
OTOH, to state that CRC members as a whole are 'idiots' is not a demonstrable fact, but a derogatory stereotype based on one person's opinion.
There was a time when the opposite was true, a time when Christians were the ones terrorizing the world. It's cyclical and there will come a time when Christians will once again be the aggressors. Some would say Christians are the ones being aggressive now. Instead of suicide bombings and beheadings they use more acceptable means to kill their rivals, like $500,000 Tomahawk missiles.
Dominic

Dewitt, VA

#51 May 11, 2011
louis wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. I wish you well living amongst the stupid robots.
You're right, the Van Andels and DeVosses are terrible people. Who do they think they are, building hospitals, museums, hotels, restaurants and donating hundreds of millions to rebuild Grand Rapids? They should be condemned for their arrogance. You, however, are so fortunate to live in the beautiful city of Detroit, where 47% of the residents are functionally illiterate, tens of thousands of abandoned homes and buildings dot the landscape, and where people pay massive amounts of taxes to support an utterly corrupt city government that provides zero services. Children are raped and shot on their way to school, crack dealers roam the streets, and violence, murder, mayhem, and anarchy reign. Of course Mayor Kilpatrick and half of your city council are in prison - they must be praised for their behavior, while the Van Andels should be condemned.

Congratulations on your wonderful city of Detroit.
Balderdash

United States

#52 May 11, 2011
Funny how those liberals always know who is crazy or not, hmmm.
louis

Grand Rapids, MI

#53 May 12, 2011
Dominic wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, the Van Andels and DeVosses are terrible people. Who do they think they are, building hospitals, museums, hotels, restaurants and donating hundreds of millions to rebuild Grand Rapids? They should be condemned for their arrogance. You, however, are so fortunate to live in the beautiful city of Detroit, where 47% of the residents are functionally illiterate, tens of thousands of abandoned homes and buildings dot the landscape, and where people pay massive amounts of taxes to support an utterly corrupt city government that provides zero services. Children are raped and shot on their way to school, crack dealers roam the streets, and violence, murder, mayhem, and anarchy reign. Of course Mayor Kilpatrick and half of your city council are in prison - they must be praised for their behavior, while the Van Andels should be condemned.
Congratulations on your wonderful city of Detroit.
I don't live in Detroit, or anywhere near it.

“Where I came from”

the universe

#54 May 12, 2011
Balderdash wrote:
Funny how those liberals always know who is crazy or not, hmmm.
Well you know how it Batch, they are so enlightened. The rest of us are just ignorant hicks. The "bitter clingers"
say no to religion

Rockford, MI

#55 May 13, 2011
CRC makes a deliberate decision to believe the phony doctrine, even though many of them know it's not real.
Those who live in reality know that jeebus never existed, not as a god, and not as a man.

There is no reason to pretend these nutters have any sort of grasp on reality.

“Where I came from”

the universe

#56 May 13, 2011
CRC makes a deliberate decision to believe the phony doctrine, even though many of them know it's not real.
Those who live in reality know that jeebus never existed, not as a god, and not as a man.
There is no reason to pretend these nutters have any sort of grasp on reality.
I suggest that you take a closer look. I am not a christian, though I am a believer the bible is a great book with a great message and you don't have to be a christian to get the message. Personally I think to many Christians get caught up on the person Jesus real or not and they miss the message.
KKKkKKK

Alma, MI

#57 May 13, 2011
Religion is the cause of ALL world problems.

I'm tired of people fighting over "my god is better than your god" belief.
Bartemaus

Zeeland, MI

#58 May 13, 2011
Call me a dumb schit then but as the old Monkey's tune said, "I'm a Believer."

“Where I came from”

the universe

#59 May 13, 2011
KKKkKKK wrote:
Religion is the cause of ALL world problems.
I'm tired of people fighting over "my god is better than your god" belief.
Yep me too. There can be only one, oh no now I am quoting movie lines.
say no to religion

Rockford, MI

#60 May 13, 2011
Shoeless Eluder wrote:
<quoted text>I suggest that you take a closer look. I am not a christian, though I am a believer the bible is a great book with a great message and you don't have to be a christian to get the message. Personally I think to many Christians get caught up on the person Jesus real or not and they miss the message.
The buy-bull says to kill non-virgin women, kill homosexuals, and to kill anyone (and their entire town)who does not believe the buy-bull.
The buy-bull promotes child abuse and treating women as second class citizens.

What a great "message."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 1 hr Buffalo Bull 1,480
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 5 hr cnreadle 974
sony balony 19 hr kookierecluse 4
Experience a historical Christmas in downtown G... 23 hr DrX 54
Put Tolls on Our Interstate Highways Fri Really 18
3 reasons Grand Rapids-area Muslims want to ope... Thu tom_ 21
City of Pentecost Christmas program Thu COP OUTREACH 1
Grand Rapids Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Grand Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Grand Rapids News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Rapids

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 6:00AM
Fantasy Football Week 16: Updated Rankings for Sunday's Action
Bleacher Report 6:02 AM
The Coach That Could Turn Around Bears
Bleacher Report11:28 AM
Jay Cutler Rumors: Latest Details, Speculation on Bears QB's Future
NBC Sports12:33 PM
1 thing even Rahm can't fix: Da Bears - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 8:26 AM
Report: Executives suggest Bears could have to attach a draft pick to move Cutler