Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2011

Judged:

say what wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow...those are some pretty influential idiot robots, then, since the population of Kent and Ottawa counties combined (where the heaviest concentration of Dutch CRC members live) is 866,423 according to the 2010 Census but of those only 100,000 are members of the CRC. So...you're blaming what you perceive to be a lack of community 'personality' on a group that comprises roughly 11.5% of the population.
They set the tone and pull the strings. This is their town just like the freaky Mormons have the Salt Lake area. Every building in downtown GR has a Dutch name on the front of it. Regardless of what percentage they make up they suck the life out of this area. No wonder the city of GR loses more and more of it's population every census, regardless of how much money is spent by the Van Andels and DeVoses to spruce up downtown and forcefeed people "cultural events" like ArtPrize. GR is a deadass boring town on the decline with no prospects of ever being vibrant again. Empty condos and apartment buildings, empty storefronts and taverns. It looks good in Amway brochures but it's all a front, like a Hollywood set. Fabricated Jesus Land with little plastic people wandering around with blank stares on their faces. And these people have the audacity to think they're better than everyone else? Pathetic.
Ummmm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2011

Judged:

louis wrote:
<quoted text>Gertrude Stein once said about Oakland California--- "The trouble with Oakland is that when you get there, there isn't any there there."
Since you know Gertrude Stein so well, did Gertrude have a speech impediment or a stuttering problem?

....."there isn't any there there"?
succeeder

Byron Center, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2011

Judged:

louis wrote:
<quoted text>
They set the tone and pull the strings. This is their town just like the freaky Mormons have the Salt Lake area. Every building in downtown GR has a Dutch name on the front of it. Regardless of what percentage they make up they suck the life out of this area. No wonder the city of GR loses more and more of it's population every census, regardless of how much money is spent by the Van Andels and DeVoses to spruce up downtown and forcefeed people "cultural events" like ArtPrize. GR is a deadass boring town on the decline with no prospects of ever being vibrant again. Empty condos and apartment buildings, empty storefronts and taverns. It looks good in Amway brochures but it's all a front, like a Hollywood set. Fabricated Jesus Land with little plastic people wandering around with blank stares on their faces. And these people have the audacity to think they're better than everyone else? Pathetic.
Let's think about this ....Louis from Detroit
I agree the life is being sucked out of this area....but it's not the Dutch that are doing the sucking. Regardless of how much of other people's money is being spent to spruce, nip/tuck or donate anything...it is a worthless effort as long as the dead ass wandering people have the audacity to insult the hands that feed them.
Go paddle your own canoe for a change.... or shut your yap...

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2011

Judged:

louis wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Just wow! It would appear that the truly pathetic person is you. I have a suggestion for you...don't like the Grand Rapids area? The leave it alone. That's the great part about this beautiful country of ours, don't like an area or someone, you can leave them alone and concentrate on an area you do love, like, say, New York, LA, Chicago. Some large city where you can be rude and act like a clown and no one will see you with all the other rude people hanging out. Or, if you are truly from Detroit, you could just stay there since it truly is a dying town..nothing there but baseball, a pretend football team, a pretend basketball team and a hockey team that forgets how to play during the playoffs. Enjoy!
say what

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2011

say no to religion wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a demonstrable fact that as intelligence increases, the belief in religion and gawd decreases.
Ah...another stereotype: only the ignorant believe in God. Of course, like all stereotypes, there is some truth in it, but it's not the whole truth or the real, accurate picture.
It's true that many uneducated people believe in God. It's also true that many highly educated people believe in God.

I will leave you to reflect on who is responsible for the following quotes:

"I want to know how God created this world, I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts, the rest are details."

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
say what

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2011

louis wrote:
They set the tone and pull the strings. This is their town just like the freaky Mormons have the Salt Lake area. Every building in downtown GR has a Dutch name on the front of it.
EVERY building? Really? Some buildings do, that's true but maybe that's because that person or family donated a large sum of money towards the project? It's called philanthropy...a concept you seem blinded to by your jealousy. I don't see any other groups stepping up to that plate...how about you? Fancy your name on a building? Come up with the cash, my friend, and you, too, can join the ranks of philanthropists. Then again, maybe it's because so many of it's original inhabitants were the Dutch who came to work in the furniture factories? So...which building would you like to see not there because you don't like the name on it...VanAndel Arena? Devos Children's Hospital? I know...it's the Meijer Heart Center you'd like to see not there.
I bet you'd like to see Holland wiped off the map, too, because of whatever prejudice it is you're feeding inside.
say what

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2011

Judged:

Oh...and as for those Mormons and Salt Lake City, I think I'd prefer a place that's ranked in the top 10 for least stressful place to live over the place (DETROIT) that is listead as the MOST stressful place to live, not to mention has much higher poverty, crime rates, unemployment and generally looks a lot worse.
You may consider those Mormons freaky, but they sure know how to run a city better than Detroit.
say no to religion

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2011

Judged:

say what wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah...another stereotype: only the ignorant believe in God. Of course, like all stereotypes, there is some truth in it, but it's not the whole truth or the real, accurate picture.
It's true that many uneducated people believe in God. It's also true that many highly educated people believe in God.
I will leave you to reflect on who is responsible for the following quotes:
"I want to know how God created this world, I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts, the rest are details."
"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
Only the ignorant would think a 2000 year old book of fables is truth, which nicely shows how the amount of one's religiousness is directly proportional to their weak-mindedness.

It's not exactly difficult to see why atheists and non-religious people score higher on IQ tests than religious people who can't tell the difference between reality and superstition/fiction.
say what

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2011

Only the ignorant would think a 2000 year old book of fables is truth
Only the ignorant would limit God to words on a page.
louis

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2011

Judged:

say what wrote:
<quoted text>
EVERY building? Really? Some buildings do, that's true but maybe that's because that person or family donated a large sum of money towards the project? It's called philanthropy...a concept you seem blinded to by your jealousy. I don't see any other groups stepping up to that plate...how about you? Fancy your name on a building? Come up with the cash, my friend, and you, too, can join the ranks of philanthropists. Then again, maybe it's because so many of it's original inhabitants were the Dutch who came to work in the furniture factories? So...which building would you like to see not there because you don't like the name on it...VanAndel Arena? Devos Children's Hospital? I know...it's the Meijer Heart Center you'd like to see not there.
I bet you'd like to see Holland wiped off the map, too, because of whatever prejudice it is you're feeding inside.
I don't want to see anyone wiped off the map (a little dramatic?). I am just pointing out how bland and boring West Michigan is and how it's populated by stupid, insulated people. And I don't live in Detroit.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2011

Judged:

<quoted text>
Only the ignorant would think a 2000 year old book of fables is truth, which nicely shows how the amount of one's religiousness is directly proportional to their weak-mindedness.
It's not exactly difficult to see why atheists and non-religious people score higher on IQ tests than religious people who can't tell the difference between reality and superstition/fiction.
Really Arctic?? Hiding behind a troll username because you aren't brave enough to post this drivel under your registered name??? Of course, you are the same person who keeps insisting that religion is dying off when the numbers reveal just the opposite.
say no to religion

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2011

Judged:

The Real Sandy wrote:
<quoted text> Of course, you are the same person who keeps insisting that religion is dying off when the numbers reveal just the opposite.
BWAAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

Gotta love that christian ignorance!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/03/23/losing-r...

http://articles.cnn.com/2009-03-09/living/us....

http://www.gallup.com/video/117394/christiani...

“Where I came from”

Since: Jan 09

the universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2011

louis wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want to see anyone wiped off the map (a little dramatic?). I am just pointing out how bland and boring West Michigan is and how it's populated by stupid, insulated people. And I don't live in Detroit.
Insulated from what? I have the world at my finger tips. Life is what you make of it no mater where one lives. I went to Disney World once and was bored to death you couldn't pay me to go there again. Oh by the way I have lived in Grand Rapids all my life and have not been infected with the Christian dis-ease that so many seem to fear.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2011

Judged:

You really are an amusing atheist, you know that??? What a clown you are. Obviously you have an overinflated sense of yourself if you honestly think CNN from 2 years ago and the people who did the surveys are honest and above board. As for gallup, the emphasis is on SLOW decline and from the numbers I just saw this weekend, that is reversing itself. But, by all means, continue with your mockery of people who have religious faith. It really makes you look smart (NOT!)

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2011

Judged:

Stupid Jesus wrote:
I ask you. They hate everyone but themselves and they are probably Nazis is disguise.
Maybe you should consider changing churches?
Do you really think they are Nazi's in disguise?
Paraniod much?

“Often imitated...poorl y”

Since: Feb 08

Just east of Lyra.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2011

Judged:

Ummm, because they're christians?

Or worse, christians who could not even get THAT right the first time?

Racists, religious nuts, the retarded and the rich: The republican Four "R" club.
live and let live

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2011

Judged:

Accept the free gift of salvation. Just because your mad at the world doesnt mean your right. Deep in your heart, you know whats true. Eternity is forever!

“Lost in the middle somewhere..”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2011

The Real Sandy wrote:
<quoted text>........ and a hockey team that forgets how to play during the playoffs. Enjoy!
Take that back Sandy! Take it back!(LOL)

Did you see last night's game? Holy crap, that rocked!
say what

Southfield, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2011

Judged:

louis wrote:
I wish you well with your anger, stereotype and envy issues.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2011

Judged:

Ah the tolerence from the left on display once again...... Always want to involve themselves in other people's lives. The left is more judgmental than the church going humans....... Proof is the postings here...... I haven't even seen a posting from Jews or Christians blasting others belief system..... Who really is guilty of intolerance.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Grand Rapids Forum right now

Search the Grand Rapids Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery 1 hr Phil 775
What about the Malaysian jetliner? 7 hr Gville Jim 56
When will the poledancer grow a set? 9 hr Phil 1
Fifth Third Bank loses $202 million (Jul '08) 18 hr JACK 216
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) Mon www 1,274
4 held nude in Saginaw jail seek damages on det... (Mar '08) Sun My Son My Son 38
Why Do Men and Women Like To Be Called Mommy or... (Nov '08) Jul 26 hehe 88
•••
•••
•••
Grand Rapids Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••